• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 717 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 3: Twisted - CreatureofTheNight



Dark is hired by Princess Luna to head to the Kingdom of the Changelings when Chrysalis offers a truce

  • ...
9
 5
 717

Secrets

Author's Note:

WOW been a while since i updated this. I wanted to get this story done before I moved on and did my 20th

(In that time i got a new editor...my number one fan Dark-Sonata...who is slowly becoming my partner...seriously she's awesome)

Dark's mood (understandably) sky-rocketed after the previous night. It felt as though a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders Even better, it sounded like Princess Luna might love him back!

This was the kind of thing that only happened in fairy tails…and it felt wonderful!

He awoke last, as to be predicted by his usual sleeping schedule…though the fact that Fluttershy was too polite to wake him may have had something to do with it.

“You know you could have woken me up?” Dark said to her, as he rubbed his eyes.

“Oh no I couldn’t! That would have been very very rude,” she murmured sweetly. Dark rolled his eyes slightly, causing Fluttershy’s to widen.“I’m sorry! You’re right, I should have woken you up!” she squeaked. A smile flashed across Dark’s features.

“Don’t worry about it Fluttershy,” he said. He stretched, then sat up straight. “So, you ready? Today is the day we get to hang out with
Chrysalis.”

Fluttershy nodded, allowing a strand of pink mane to float across her right eye.“I hope she doesn't mind us being there,” she mumbled.

“She invited us,” Dark reminded her as they began their walk to the Queen's throne room. Fluttershy nodded rapidly as Starnight came racing towards them, stopping them in their tracks.

‘What's up, Starnight?’ Dark asked, frowning despite his casual tone. Starnight lowered his head, panting, before swinging it skywards once more to look Dark in the eye.

“Dark, please think about this for a second!’ he said, practically begging his friend to heed his words. “Chrysalis should not be trusted, she's one of the most dangerous beings that ever crossed into Equestria! For pony’s sake, do you not remember how much danger she put the crystal princess in?” He gazed mournfully at Dark, and in his eyes, Dark could see everything he was thinking. “Please. Dealing with the Queen of Dreams was reckless enough as it is, you almost died! Don't do something stupid!”

Dark sighed. “I know that it's reckless, but we have to give her the benefit of the doubt.” He was rewarded with a glare from Starnight. "We're here to help our lands come to peace, remember?”

Starnight continued to scowl at him, but his features softened as he saw Dark's near-hurt expression. He lowered his gaze and his tail swished uncomfortably from side to side as he smiled slightly. “Sorry…you’re right. I should trust you”

Dark grinned.”Thanks man,” he said, before brushing lightly past him. He tilted his head towards Fluttershy, motioning for her to follow him as he walked. “Let's go,” he said. ‘We need to speak with Queen Chrysalis immediately.”

A few minutes later, Dark and Fluttershy found their eyes widening in wonder as they observed the Changeling Queen and her changelings. They were working incredibly hard. Dark turned around as he heard hoofsteps, and his eyes fell on Fang.

“I’m sorry,” he said. "Her majesty apologizes…it appears that matters will take longer than we expected.” Dark shrugged and walked with him as Fluttershy tilted her head curiously to one side.

“What are you doing anyways?” asked the curious Fluttershy.

Fang shrugged. “Oh, we’re trying to add more sunlight to the changeling kingdom. Her majesty thinks it would be the best course of action with the Equestrian and Changeling Kingdom alliance around the corner.” He presented them with a prideful smile. “I'm really glad you decided to come here actually, Dark. I have something to ask you.”

“Shoot," replied the dark green thestral, as they walked across the stony floor towards Chrysalis's throne room. It was empty, and the Changeling Queen was hovering lightly above her throne, clearly not in the best of moods.

“No, I said eight inches not twelve! Do you want us all to get heat stroke!?" she barked at her changeling underling. Her tone was downright furious. She rolled her eyes and landed as she saw Fang, accompanied by her ‘guests.’ "There we go! See?” she yelled behind her, causing Fluttershy to shy away. “It’s not that hard to listen to me!" She padded forward and patted Fang on his head before turning towards Dark and Fluttershy. “I'll be right back,” she said, continuing to walk. “I just need to check on a few things.”

Dark glanced at Fang, as Chrysalis walked away, who had begun to glow a little after the Changeling Queen had stroked his head. “So…what did you want to ask us?" an intrigued Dark enquired.

“Well…it’s sorta something personal,” Fang responded meekly. He looked down shyly. "I wanted to ask you if umm...well..." he rubbed the back of his head as he continued. "If you could teach me how to…to tell someone you want to go out with them?”

Dark turned cherry-red, and asked that first and most logical question that came to mind. “Er…why me?”

“Well, you got your princess to like you a lot and I want to umm...well I…” He began to stutter, and Dark had to lean closer towards him in order to hear his distorted words. "Well the thing is…er..." It was abundantly clear that he was exceptionally nervous about something.
Catching sight of this instantly, Fluttershy placed a hoof on his shoulder blade.

"You want Dark to help you see if you can get a date with Chrysalis don't you?” Embarrassed, the Changeling’s face grew even redder than Dark’s, and he nodded slowly.

Dark frowned, and asked the second, rather obvious question on his mind. "How did you know about what happened with me and Princess Luna last night?" Fluttershy and Fang stared at him curiously. He swallowed nervously as he felt heat fly to his cheeks. “Er…never mind,” he said quickly.

Fang squinted and the corner of his mouth twitched. “I was judging the situation by her interactions with you when I was spying on you guys...what are you talking about?”

"Long story,” Dark replied quickly, attempting to steer the conversation back to Fang. “Umm…as for what to do about Chrysalis…my only real advice, man, is to just be honest with her. After all, the worst thing that can happen is that she can say no.”

Fang’s ears drooped dejectedly, and he closed his eyes. "But I don't want her to say no…” he said softly.

Meanwhile, in the other parts of the Changeling Castle, the General and Starnight sneaked in through a window and started to look around.
“All right, now if we are going to find anything incriminating we're going to have to be stealthy as possible,” General hissed. “We have to sneak around and…"

“We're ‘guests…’” Starnight interrupted. “Can’t we just ask?” He trotted up to one of the changelings. “Excuse me,” he said. “I don't mean to pry, but do you know where Queen Chrysalis used to do all her planning? We need to go there for…erm…treaty reasons.”

The changeling nodded. “Yeah, it’s the room down to the south. You can't miss it.”

Starnight smirked. ‘Thank you,’ he replied, as he walked down the road.

"Never back talk me again,” General grumbled, following him.

"You're welcome,” Starnight said with a smirk, rolling his eyes as they opened the door. The room was entirely empty. Starnight decided to keep watch as General looked around, hunting for anything suspicious. Starnight snorted as he heard the sound of objects flying. "I can't believe how stupid Dark is being.”

"He's the trusting sort..." General replied, rummaging through Chrysalis's things. "It's a nice quality…but not a smart one.”

“Still…” the LT of the Crystal guard said with a sigh, rather sadly. "I thought he was smarter than this” General paused. Suddenly, his pupils dilated.

"I knew it!” he whispered. Starnight started as his voice raised to a shout. “By Celestia I knew it!" He turned around to face Starnight. "This whole thing...this whole place...." He threw some files onto the desk, revealing names like "Operation False Alliance,” “Operation QOD,” and “Operation Tartarus”

The General glared at Starnight as he finished his sentence: “It’s a trap.”