• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 717 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 3: Twisted - CreatureofTheNight



Dark is hired by Princess Luna to head to the Kingdom of the Changelings when Chrysalis offers a truce

  • ...
9
 5
 717

Uncomfortable Gathering

"Now than shall we get started?" Princess Celestia asked her fellow Princesses.

"Yes, please," Luna grumbled.

The off-white alicorn nodded and smiled. "First, let's get this out of the way, Princess Twilight, do you want any royal guards in your castle?"

Twilight shook her head. "With all due respect intended," she said, as her eyes looked at Dark, Starnight, Captain Wind, and General. "My friends are more than capable in protecting me when a bad situation happens." That caused all her friends to smile happily, as they knew she was going to say that, but it was still nice to hear.

Twilight looked at her long list. "May I go next?" The other princesses nodded as Twilight went down her list of requests. About five hours later, Luna was asleep, Celestia had a small embarrassed smile, Cadence and Shining Armor were looking at each other quietly like they were having a secret conversation with their eyes, and all of Twilight's friends were pretty much just looking at her wondering if anypony got all of that list. Twilight paused and looked around. "To long of a list?"

"A little bit, remember that for next time," Celestia replied. She nudged Luna awake. "This Princess Gathering is made for all of us to discuss major or minor things that need to be fixed up in Equestria; for example, Prince Shining Armor, if you would bring your proposal you tried to tell me about the last time you were here?"

Shining Armor looked at Celestia. "Well, while I am the Prince of the Crystal Empire, I am still the Captain of the Entire Royal Guard." He looked at Dark. "And thanks to a certain guard in training, now LT, Tartarus now has two of the most dangerous beings that have ever set foot on Equestria in it's pits." Dark rubbed the back of his head, and Shining Armor continued, "We can't risk Tirek thinking that the Queen of Dreams is an easy way back out of Tartarus, I am suggesting we form a separate level for both of them, and to make sure that Tirek and the Queen do not get out again, we suspend their cells over one of Tatarus's long drops, so if they did get the idea to escape, they cannot."

Luna bit her lip, and as Celestia noticed that, she sighed as her own thoughts to her mother came boiling to her mind. "Shining Armor, that that sounds like it may be to extreme for the Queen of Dreams, that spell she is under makes it so she can sleep till her natural life cycle is over, so she's going to be sleeping for eternity. Tirek, you may go forward with your plan, but the Queen of Dreams would be an unnecessary waste of resources."

Rainbow Dash had to pipe up at that; she said point blank what Dark was thinking. "Are you crazy!? The Queen of Dreams put half of Equestria to sleep, including you two," she said to both Luna and Celestia, "If it wasn't for Dark, who knows what kind of damage she could have done?" Dark paused at that, focusing on Luna whose eyes had shifted slightly.

Twilight nodded. "I'm with Rainbow Dash, the Queen of Dreams should be able to know the weakness of her own spell, at least with my brother's plan we can assure Equestria's safety"

Luna's eyes shifted fully as they went into full Nightmare Moon mode. "BE SILENT ABOUT MATTERS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT!" she ordered in rage, causing everypony else to suddenly be silent and look at her in shock. "YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE QUEEN'S TRUE IDENTITY, OR WHY WE CAN'T JUST GIVE UP ON HER! SHE'S OUR MOTHER FOR PONY'S SAKE!" That last sentence cause everypony to just pause in complete shock.

Celestia scolded Luna. "Sister, compose yourself! There is no reason to take this so personally, they have a point!"

Luna paused at that, her eyes shifting to normal.

"I love our mother too, but you saw what she was, she was just as insane as she was all that time ago." Luna looked away from her sister and Celestia sighed. "I know that this is hard for you and it will be hard on me too, but they may be right."

Luna looked at Celestia. "But, she's," the blue mare said timidly. Their eyes locked, and Luna revealed to have some slight tears in them. "But, Tia," she said using Celestia's nickname. "She's our mother"

Celestia pulled Luna close to her in a loving embrace, and let a tear escape from her eye. "I know little sister," Celestia looked at Luna back in the eye and continued speaking, her voice calm and collected. "But you saw how she was..." Celestia sighed. "It's time we have to accept this simple fact that, while our mother's body may still be alive, albeit in a state of permanent rest, her mind was gone, a long, long time ago, and sadly we can not repair it, no matter what magic or words we try." Luna closed her eyes, tears escaping them."We will go with your plan, Prince Shining Armor." Celestia announced.

"Will you be okay?" Dark quietly asked Luna while she was composing herself.

"Now is not the time to ask me that, Sir Dark Sidewinder," she responded somberly as the others had to continue the meeting.

"On a lighter topic," Cadence said, trying to liven the mood. "The Crystal Empire would like to announce a personal thank-you towards Princess Celestia for allowing us to have the first ever Equestria Games in our beautiful city. They also would like to know if you would like to come and visit some time."

Amazingly able to hide back all the emotions she had earlier, as Luna noticed, Celestia smiled and replied, "Sure, I would love to visit your Kingdom!" Luna remarked to herself on how strong Celestia is and wiped her eyes, trying her best to be just like her older sister and suppress all the emotions she had earlier. Celestia noticed and smiled quietly at her little sister's efforts.

Twilight, thinking the same as Cadence to try to get on a lighter topic, said to Luna, "Princess Luna, some journalists of Ponyville would like you to come to them for an interview; they really want to know more about the Princess of the Night." Twilight paused. "That is, if you are up for it"

Luna smiled quietly. "I would love to do that," She answered. "I believe this was, very eventful, but I must raise the moon soon, so I think that we should call this gathering adjourned." The blue alicorn looked at the other members of Equestrian Royalty. "This was fun, let's do this again some time!" she added somewhat sarcastically, but completely believing what she said.

Celestia nodded quickly. "Agreed, Luna. I think we should have these at least once a month, but I think it would be wise to declare this gathering finished," she said with a clearly fake laugh. "Hopefully next time we will have lighter topics to discuss."

Suddenly, everypony paled as they heard a voice that sounded like several ponies talking at once. "Oh darn, I missed the Royal Gathering!" The voice hissed with laughter. "Is it to late to request an over time?" There was utter chilling silence in the room as Queen Chrysalis walked in the room with two changelings at her side.

Author's Note:

Thanks to Livelife for another surprise edit, I'm starting to think she likes this story XD