• Published 16th Nov 2014
  • 717 Views, 5 Comments

The Moon Worshiper Part 3: Twisted - CreatureofTheNight



Dark is hired by Princess Luna to head to the Kingdom of the Changelings when Chrysalis offers a truce

  • ...
9
 5
 717

Brutal Honesty

Fang looked at Chrysalis with a crushed heart.
“Wh…what?” he asked, his eyes as flat as a plank of wood.

Chrysalis sighed. “I don't like you like that Fang.” She lowered her eyes, clearing her throat as she did so. “I’ve known about your crush for a long while. I've been debating this for a long time ever since you first showed signs that you may, like me…like me.” She patted his head. “Don't get me wrong, you're a wonderful Changeling and honestly the only one I can really rely on around here. But honestly, you’re better as a friend than someone as a romantic interest.”

“What can I do to change that?” Fang asked, sounding desperate. Chrysalis gazed at him with a tilted head. “I'll do anything, I can...I can make myself look like this…” Chrysalis bit her lip worriedly as Fang’s form shifted into Dark’s. “Is this what you want? I'll be that for you”

“Change back,’ Chrysalis said quietly.

“But you like him...” Fang gazed at Chrysalis with Dark's “pity me” stare.

“Fang...” Chrysalis whispered. “Change…back.” Her tone of voice was starting to shift to annoyance.

Fang didn’t change. “Please!” he begged. “What did he do right that I'm doing wrong!? I...I' m nice to you and I’d do anything and everything for you. What does he have that I don't?”

“For one I think he can take a hint when the one he loves doesn't love him back!” Chrysalis barked at Fang, showing true harshness for the first time ever since they had known each other. “Change…now!”

Shaking, Fang allowed his true form to show. Noticing his fear, Chrysalis sighed and pulled the heartbroken changeling into a gentle hug, then let him go. “Does…does that mean you'll give me a chance?” Fang said hopefully. Chrysalis’s features turned furious.

“I said no!” Chrysalis yelled. He just wasn’t getting it. “Fang, I'm not interested in you! You are my friend and nothing more!”

With short breaths Fang began to please. “Please! What do I have to do? I'll do anything! You know I will!”

“And don't think I'm not grateful but I’m…not...interested.” Chrysalis repeated desperately.

“Why won't you give us a chance!?” Fang hissed in anguish. He would do anything, anything…

Anything.

“Don’t think I haven’t considered it,” she breathed. Fang’s eyes filled with dull hope. “But every time I see us together, I just...can't. It's not you…it’s me. Though it's starting to become you because you're really starting to scare me…” Chrysalis said. She began to back away from Fang.
“I just want you to love me…” he whispered.

Chrysalis groaned. “That’s the problem! If you have to beg for love that it's not love.” Fang gritted his teeth, holding back tears.“You’re a good, close, friend...but that's all.”

For a few moments, Fang simply stared at her, breathing hard. Then he spun around angrily and fled the room. Chrysalis let him go. He needed to be alone…and she knew that.

She sighed. “Trust me Fang...I know how you feel.”

After talking with Fluttershy, Dark eagerly searched for Chrysalis, hoping to talk about Fang. He would be feeling like the luckiest changeling in the world! Unfortunately, when he finally found Chrysalis, he obvious depression dashed his hopes expertly.
“Are you okay?” he asked, walking up to her.

“There you go again!” Chrysalis barked at Dark. He backed up, scared. “I don't get you! Why are you so nice to me?! Why are you nice to me if you don't love me!?”

“I can't be nice to you anyways?” Dark asked bemusedly, making a valiant effort to ignore his fear.

Chrysalis glared at him, then looked down. “Why...what do I have to do to make you love me?”

“What about Fang?” Dark asked, stricken. He thought that he had heard the last of this.

“Fang's a great friend, but nothing more” Chrysalis said abruptly. She immediately diverted the conversation back to her own agenda. “What do I have to do? I'll do anything!? You want me to look like your precious Princess?” There was a flash of green as she shifted into Luna. “There we go, now you can do all the things she would never allow.”

Dark blushed and said “Um…Chrysalis…”

She reverted to her original form. “Let me guess? It’s not enough? Then what!? What does she have that I don't!? Is it because I'm a changeling?” Dark gazed fearfully at her.

“I…I don't want to be the one to have to tell you this, but…” And then Dark said something to her that hit her where she lived. “If you have to beg for love, than it isn't love”

Chrysalis stared at him in stunned silence. Then her eyes lowered in defeat. “No, it isn't...you're right. I'm being childish” Dark paused, surprised at how easily she was giving up. “Thank you...for letting me down easy. I…I’m going to go somewhere to be alone for a little bit.”

“You know…okay, he's gonna kill me for saying this…but Fang has this huge crush on you, maybe you should give him a chance?” Dark said in response

“I know…” Chrysalis said quietly. “He told me himself…and I told him what I'm going to tell you. I'm not interested in him like that. He's a great friend, but...I can't see him as my lover.” She slowly smiled. “Thank you, Dark.”

Upon reaching his room, Fang stormed in, kicking the door open as he started to scream his rage out loud.
“Why?” He began to pace furiously up and down. “I did everything her majesty said. I kept the Changelings in line, I helped her out everything she could possibly want…heck, when she got sick with the flu it took me four weeks and getting the flu myself to get her better!” He stormed off “Not to mention I’ve tried my hardest to be nothing but nice to her for years! And then, he decides to show up.” Fang glared poisonously into his mirror. “That...thestral...worm...”

He looked away from the mirror, seething. “I should have known a pony of any variety should have never been trusted, but silly me! Silly me for thinking that what everyone's been telling me was wrong. Don’t worry Fang, not all ponies are hateful little show-offs that only care about themselves. Ha! Speak for yourself.”

His voice lowered to a deranged whisper. “He...he wants to take my Queen away from me. He never loved his precious Princess! That slimy little weasel in pony form!” He stopped, looking down shamefully. “No no, maybe I should be happy for them...sure he's playing hard to get but maybe her majesty will be happy with him once he stops playing that game. But…he knew...he freaking knew! And he’s still trying to take her from me!”

Rage filled his broken soul. “Well, he can't have her,” he hissed. “If she doesn't love me yet…” A dark smile crept across his features. “Then I’ll just have to make her love me.”