• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 1,055 Views, 42 Comments

Quantum Pink - DigiDuncan



Pinkie Pie's Pinkie-Pie-ness gets her, and the fabric of the universe, into some issues.

  • ...
1
 42
 1,055

Chapter VI

Twilight Sparkle mulled over her options. Pinkie actually raised a good point: how was Pinkie going to get out of the library? Some of her altercations had lasted hours; it was going to be difficult getting a twenty foot tall, 44 ton pony anywhere but right where she was. As it stood, her head was scrunched up against the ceiling to the point she had to bed her neck down significantly as to not punch a hole with her head through the second story floor. The thought of concussing herself and ruining Twilight’s home scared Pinkie enough to continue hunching over. She was also suddenly very hungry, as her stomach was now 125 times larger than just moments before.

“Twilight, I’m realllly hungry…” an amplified Pinkie complained. A roaring rumble was heard from her stomach.

“Well then, it’s a good thing you made a few hundred waffles this morning…” she replied with a drop of snide in her voice.

“A few HUNDRED waffles?!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash. “Please let’s have a waffle party!”

“Did somepony say party?” Pinkie Pie shouted with a few too many decibels for her new found largeness, and began to bend her knees for a leap into the air.

“NO PINKIE DON’T JUMP!” warned Twilight, but it was too late. Pinkie Pie was already airborne, or at least as airborne as her current constraints would allow. The ceiling above her shattered, leaving a huge hole in the floor of the second story. She burst through into that hole, and then upon landing she cracked the floor beneath her, leaving a large indentation in the shape of humongous hooves. At the force of the shockwave after her landing, all the others in the room were shot into the air, except for Rainbow, who was already in the air. Seeing this commotion, Rainbow Dash shot around the room grabbing the unsuspecting ponies out of the air as to avoid injury.

“Sorry, my bad…” said Rainbow Dash sheepishly.

Twilight shook her head in dismay. “We’re going to have temporarily relocate while I use some repair spells on the library. In the meantime, keep Pinkie outside, please? We won’t be able to keep up with her rate of destruction if we attempt to put her in a building or containment.”

Rainbow Dash glanced at the hole she had indirectly created. “Agreed. Me and Applejack—”

“Applejack and I…” corrected Twilight, despite the situation. She just couldn’t help her grammatical urges.

“Ugh. Applejack and I can take Pinkie outside and keep her entertained safely.” Suggested Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah, I could do that,” chimed in Applejack.

“Sounds like a plan,” agreed Twilight. “in the meantime, I’ll work on repairing my home…” She looked down and breathed a deep sigh. “Fluttershy, you can help with any medical issues that arise from her sudden embiggenment.”

“I’ll make her some giant hats!” exclaimed Rarity.

“You mean ‘more-giant-than-usual’ hats?” mocked Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow, you know – yes,” she admitted.

“All right, we all know what we’re doing?”

All the ponies nodded in agreement. Then, they all put their hooves in the center on top of one another, and simultaneously chanted “1, 2, 3, FRIENDSHIP!” At this, they split up to do their respective tasks. Fluttershy, however, stayed behind to talk to Twilight.

“Twilight, I’m worried about Pinkie.”

Pinkie’s enormous hoofsteps could be heard as she broke through the side wall of the house to leave, as it was her only available exit. Twilight sighed.

“Me too, Fluttershy. I just hope we can control these powers instead of having to completely suppress them.”

“Why is that?” inquired Fluttershy.

“Well, for a couple reasons. Not only could these abilities be helpful to use to our advantage in the crusade of friendship, but Pinkie also seems to be having a lot of fun with it. I don’t want to take that happiness away from her.”

“But how can she even do that? How does she even have the ability to bend the fabric of reality so suddenly?”

“I don’t know, Fluttershy. I have some hypothesis, but I don’t want to say anything before I know for sure, and that’s going to require running some tests. Unfortunately, I was going to do that today, but now we are most likely going to have to wait until her eventual deflation.”

“I’m going to go bring Pinkie a few of those waffles.” Said Fluttershy.

“I think you’re going to need more than a few.” Twilight responded.

“Good point.”


Rainbow Dash and Applejack began leading Pinkie Pie slowly to Sweet Apple Acres. They had decided that would be the safest place for her, as it was mostly secluded and had large open areas. However, they had the obvious problem of getting Pinkie through the town first, while trying to freak out as few ponies as possible.

That of course, did not happen in the slightest. The loud crashes from Twilight’s home must have caused quite a stir, as a good amount of civilians had gathered around the area to see what the commotion was. The commotion amplified ten-fold once a giant Pinkie Pie smashed through the side of abode. Ponies that were standing near the building screamed and ran in fear, while those in the town began boarding up their windows and locking their doors, as the twenty-foot pink pony was easy to spot from many areas of Ponyville, maybe even from Canterlot at this rate.

Rainbow Dash flew up towards Pinkie’s head.

“Hey Pinkie?” asked Rainbow Dash. “This may sound really weird, but —”

“Of course you can ride on my back!” Pinkie shouted, or maybe just spoke, it was difficult to tell at her large size.

“Yes!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash as she hopped aboard her friend.

“Hold on now!” shouted Applejack from below, and brandishing her lasso, flung herself on top of the pony as well. “Onward to Sweet Apple Acres! Yeehaw!”