• Published 8th Nov 2014
  • 1,055 Views, 42 Comments

Quantum Pink - DigiDuncan



Pinkie Pie's Pinkie-Pie-ness gets her, and the fabric of the universe, into some issues.

  • ...
1
 42
 1,055

Chapter X

Twilight decided that moving would hurt too much, and be fruitless in the end, and thus, she slept on the floor where she lay. The wires entangled around her were almost comforting. Though maybe she was convincing herself of that.

Around 9:00 in the morning, she woke up to find herself in exactly the same position she had fallen asleep. Spike was still sound asleep as ever, (so much for that alertness training, Twilight remarked silently,) and Pinkie had seemingly gone back to bed. Twilight hoped she wouldn't be questioned about her antics when she arose. Twilight untangled herself from her electronic cocoon, pushed the machine back into the lab, and dragged herself up to the main floor. She needed some caffeine after all of this.

Twilight brewed herself a light cup of coffee. It was a common misconception that darker coffee contained more caffeine; in fact, a lighter brew was more powerful in that way, as the brewing process is what extracts the energy-giving drug from the beans.

Twilight stopped herself. Why was she explaining the fundamentals off caffeine extraction to herself? She had gotten so used to teaching everypony, it seemed, that she began being both the teacher and the student in her own mind. Gah, maybe the coffee would clear this up. She was obviously a little too exhausted. She poured herself a mug and took a sip. The heat of the coffee rushed down her trachea and through her stomach. It felt horrible and amazing all at once.

The smell of coffee woke both Spike and Pinkie. Pinkie floated down the stairs, her nostrils following the aroma on their own volition. Spike rubbed his eyes and shadowed Pinkie.

"Oooh coffee!" Pinkie said as she softly landed on the the kitchen floor.

"Yep. Want a cup?" twilight asked. Pinkie nodded her head ferociously. "One sugar or two?"

Pinkie pondered for a moment, wondering if eleventeen would be an acceptable answer. She finally decided on two.

Spike went to the kitchen and poured himself a mug. They all sat down in the eating area and began sipping their coffee.

"So what happened last night?" asked Pinkie. Crud. Twilight thought. I didn't want her to ask anything. Twilight decided that, as always, honesty was the best policy.

"I was trying to get some readings on you while you were in REM sleep," Twilight said, full disclosure.

"Well, you could have just asked, silly filly!" said Pinkie Pie. That was not the reaction Twilight was expecting, but certainly the one she hoped for. "I don't mind if you hook up some wires to me at night time. I've gotten way worse before!" Twilight decided not to comment on that last bit. "And I have no idea what any of this has to do with R.E.M." she said matter-of-factly, and began humming Shiny Happy Ponies. Twilight giggled.

Then, suddenly, Pinkie Pie began to vibrate. At about 240 Hz, as well, pretty much exactly how Twilight had anticipated it. Twilight checked the time. 9:47 AM. Right on cue. The strong cup of coffee had triggered a glitch. Twilight sprung up from the table. Pinkie stood up too, as the chair smacking against her pony flank two-hundred-and-forty times a second was very uncomfortable. Spike rose up from the table in shock, and slowly started to back away. Whatever Twilight was about to do, it was going to be rash, and most likely dangerous.

What Twilight did next was indeed rash, and highly dangerous. Without hesitation she grabbed Pinkie by either shoulder, and began to vibrate with her. Instantly, she felt pain like none she had ever experienced. Every particle that made up Twilight Sparkle felt a surge of indescribable energy, and microseconds later, began slowly expanding away from her body. Still vibrating, and still feeling the ever-intensifying white hot pain, what once was Twilight had become a Twilight-esque gas, with every subatomic node of her essence moving in every conceivable direction; forwards, backwards, up and down, left and right, forwards and backwards through time itself, across planes of existence that nopony's mind could possibly begin to understand. She had to let go, she had to let go, she had to let go...

With all of her willpower, she lifted what her mind told her were her hooves up off of the pink body after what felt like hours, no, days, and suddenly with the force of the entire multiverse, her existence snapped back together like an over-stretched rubber band, her form solid once more as she was thrown across the room as if by a thousand cannons. The relief of pain and the feeling solidity was too much for the mortal's mind. She collapsed for the third time in forty-eight hours.