• Published 17th Nov 2014
  • 2,353 Views, 28 Comments

Shine Again - Fandom Trash Snivy



The Dazzlings return to Equestria after the events of Rainbow Rocks. After that, they meet a pony named Sapphire Shores who will reform them into one of the best musical groups in Equestria.

  • ...
5
 28
 2,353

Vows and Promises

Twilight Sparkle and Spike instantly appeared in front of the mirror in front of Canterlot High. Sunset Shimmer, The Dazzlings, and the rest of Twilight Sparkle's Canterlot High friends already were there.

"Glad you've made it," Sunset Shimmer welcomed.

Slowly The Dazzlings sauntered up to Twilight Sparkle. Promptly she began to dig in her backpack for the repaired necklaces. Once she found them, she gave the three necklaces to Adagio Dazzle. She kept one necklace and gave one to Aria Blaze. She gave another to Sonata Dusk. The Dazzlings immediately put on their new necklaces. Immediately Adagio Dazzle asked Twilight Sparkle:

"They look exactly like our old necklaces. Do they still harness negative energy?"

"No, Adagio," replied Twilight Sparkle. "They feed off of a little bit of positive energy that is around you. They will barely affect anything around anyone else. Every time you gain positive energy, your voice will get better. Your voice will also get better if someone compliments it."

"Cool," added Aria Blaze. "Can't wait to get outta here so I can be a pony again."

"Wait a second," Sunset Shimmer interrupted. "You'll need to say a few vows before we go back to Equestria."

"Wait, a vow?" a confused Sonata Dusk asked. "I thought you only say vows when you're getting married!"

Sunset Shimmer was obviously not pleased with Sonata Dusk, but she continued to display her confident expression and told her:

"You don't just say a vow when you're getting married, Sonata. You vow to do something when you absolutely promise to yourself that you'll do it."

"So," Sonata Dusk began, "you want us to say vows..."

Sunset Shimmer nodded "yes".

"So that you and Twilight both know..."

"Yes, yes Sonata..."

"That we'll be good back in Equestria without lying?"

"Exactly Sonata," Sunset Shimmer replied with confidence. "With this kind of confidence, you'll be ready to face whatever lies in front of you when we get to Equestria!"

"I'm totally pumped for this!" an excited Aria Blaze shouted.

The only Dazzling that didn't respond to Sunset Shimmer was Adagio Dazzle. She was looking at the ground with a sad expression on her face. Worried, Sunset Shimmer walked over to her.

"Is everything alright?" she asked a troubled Adagio Dazzle.

"Yeah," Adagio Dazzle replied. "Everything's just fine."

"It sounds like everything's," Sunset Shimmer began, "not."

Adagio Dazzle sighed. "Alright, Sunset. To tell the truth, I'm actually..."

There was a long period of silence.

"...not ready to leave yet."

"Not ready to leave?" asked Rarity. "But you have your whole life ahead of you in whatever lies on the other side of the mirror!"

"I saw what was on the other side of that mirror," Pinkie Pie added, "and it looked real weird."

"I'll go with Twilight, Sunset, and my friends," Adagio Dazzle began, "but no matter what, I'll always miss this place."

"So you're actually kind of glad that Star Swirl the Bearded banished us here?" pondered Aria Blaze.

"I've never thought of it that way!" Sonata Dusk added.

Adagio Dazzle turned to the rest of The Dazzlings. "This place has really built our character. We came here as clueless power-hungry sirens, and we're leaving here as changed sirens."

"So, will you say your vows now?" asked Sunset Shimmer.

"Sure," replied Adagio Dazzle. "I think we're finally ready."

The Dazzlings gathered together so they were standing side-by-side in front of Sunset Shimmer. All together they spoke: "We The Dazzlings vow to never cause any trouble in Equestria again. We will make new friends, but we'll keep the old. Even though we may fight, our friendship is as strong as steel. If we feel in pain, we'll try not to feel it. Our whole life is ahead of us, and we're ready to live it."

"That was beautiful, darlings," commented Rarity.

"You're very poetic," added Fluttershy.

"Now Dazzlings," started Twilight Sparkle, "are you ready to head back to Equestria with me, Spike, and Sunset?"

"We're ready," replied Adagio Dazzle.

"I'll step in first," commented Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight Sparkle, holding Spike, leaped into the mirror.

Sunset Shimmer was next. "I'll go in next."

Sunset Shimmer held her head high and sauntered into the mirror.

"Okay girls," Adagio Dazzle began, "are you ready to go back to our true home, where we really belong?"

"Yes," Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk replied.

The Dazzlings ran into the mirror and instantly disappeared.

"So long," spoke Fluttershy.