• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 1,561 Views, 37 Comments

Trixie's Robotic Boogaloo - The Infinity Doctor



Trixie Lulamoon, down on her luck, begrudgingly applies for a job at Freddy Frazbear's Pizzeria.

  • ...
11
 37
 1,561

No? A waltz then, perhaps?

Trixie growled to herself as she yanked at her black tie, currently lying over a white button-up shirt. Taking a cap in her magic that read 'Security' in bold, black letters, she placed it on her head, her horn slipping through the hole it that was made for it. The blue showmare sighed to herself tiredly as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, wondering why she of all ponies had to be forced into this position. She'd had a good foalhood, hadn't she? She did everything she was told, she listened to her parents- she'd even followed her dreams! But how...how in Tartarus was she forced into this? Forced to work in a lowly restaurant for foals! Obviously the universe was out to get her...

Shaking her head, she walked out of the restroom, and into the main dining room of the restaurant, readjusting the tag pinned to right-hand breast of her shirt. Walking past a party already underway, she approached a stallion a bit taller than her, dressed in a dingy white dress shirt, a red tie loosely hanging from the collar. She tapped him on the shoulder, and the stallion jumped, looking around nervously before discovering it was just his newest employee. Shaking it off, he ran a brown hand over his face and through his rust colored mane.

"Oh! You- you look- wonderful..." he said, smiling nervously.

"Well, Trix- I mean... I certainly try my best." she said, forcing a smile onto her face.

"Well...um...g-good! Good!" he said.

'Might as well get it over with...' she thought, inwardly boiling with rage.

"When am I to begin?" she asked, attempting not to roll her eyes in front of her new boss.

"T-tonight, can- can you get here around eleven-thirty? I need- need to give you some instructions..."

'I don't like the sound of that...' Trixie thought.

Something about Mr. Frazbear's words made her a bit anxious- scratch that, it made her feel downright afraid! She hadn't been this scared since her very first magic act! And that was in front of her parents! Two ponies who knew and actually loved her. But why, then, was she so afraid? If she was understanding this correctly, she'd be working the night shift, with nopony else with her, she'd be alone in here later tonight. That fact should be enough to warrant her fear, but...there was just something unsettling...she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"Yes, of course," she replied automatically "eleven-thirty?"

Mr. Frazbear nodded, and his eye nervously twitched before he turned- heading back towards his office. The stallion just barely missed being caught in the jaw as a waitress came around the corner, a steaming hot pizza in her hands.

"Excuse me, sir!" she shouted, flying past him.

Mr. Frazbear jumped in response, and quickly calmed himself, rubbing his temples as he continued the journey to his office.

Trixie rubbed her eyes, then turned, and walked out of the restaurant, walking around the several dining tables filling the room. Pushing open one of the glass doors at the entrance, she left the unsettling place, and made her way back to the main thoroughfare of Ponyville. The small town was already bustling with activity- mares, stallions, and foals alike littered the streets, either perusing the stalls already set up, or making their way into the few stores already open.

The entire street went deathly quiet as every single stallion and mare in the street stared at her, their eyes full of hate and judgement. The blue unicorn took a deep breath, and braved the sea of spiteful ponies, her eyes not meeting any of their gazes as she wound her way through. Focused solely on the ground, she pushed past a stallion, passing the flower shop owned by three skittish sisters. Before the mare knew it, she was face-down in the dirt, her mouth full of disgusting dust particles. A chuckle went up from the watching crowd, and soon others joined in, taking joy in her agony. Tears threatened to escape her- but none came, she weakly pushed herself up, a choked sob escaping her muzzle as she stood. She dusted her now-dirty shirt off, and readjusted her tie. Not looking back, she went on her way, trying not to give the cruel ponies behind her a second thought.

She found it very difficult, but understood that this was to be her life now. Nopony would accept her for what she'd done- they had once, but twice? She had a greater chance to ask the Royal Sisters to make her an alicorn, rather than receive forgiveness from those she'd wronged.

Trixie found herself wandering past the library, the very same one in which her so-called 'greatest rival' resided in. She regretted the way she treated her, she truly did- but...she also knew the purple unicorn wouldn't accept her apology. She had taken over the entirety of Ponyville, for Celestia's sake! Twilight Sparkle would have to be insane to forgive her!

The front door of the library opened, making Trixie want to dash down the street. She didn't, however, and steeled herself to keep her pace, and not show any acknowledgement to whoever was exiting the enormous tree.

Her jaw dropped as she discovered a unicorn to be that somepony- from her vantage point, she could see that this purple unicorn, also had a set of wings, trotting alongside a black, well-built stallion with a powder blue mane, much like her coat.

Trixie's fists clenched, and she grit her teeth, making a weak attempt to keep her anger down to a minimum. She just barely kept herself from blowing a fuse, and vaporizing the happy couple right then and there.

'Push past it, Trixie...'she thought, trying to convince herself '...you're stronger than this...'

The showmare vaguely acknowledged the purple alicorn giggle, and barely noticed a small amount of movement in her peripheral vision.

'Just salt in the wounds, Trixie,' she thought 'she's not worth it, she's not worth it.'

She continued repeating the mantra as she went on her way, wanting to get to her run-down wagon as quickly as possible.

It wasn't fair! What did Twilight Sparkle do to warrant that? What the bucking hell was she doing as an alicorn?! She...she...

Trixie felt a tear run down her face, and quickly brushed it away as she continued towards the border of the town, where her wagon was parked. She knew the former unicorn was blameless, but she wanted to blame her anyway. The unicorn quickly entered her small home, and threw herself onto the small bed, rocking the mirror and dresser situated next to it.

The magician lost control of her emotions, and wept into her pillow, wanting the raging torrent inside to end.