• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,296 Views, 81 Comments

Operation: UPPER CUT: Aftermath - AzainInvazion



After the slip-space bomb explodes, Jorge gets transported to Equestria, but he's not the only one..

  • ...
6
 81
 2,296

Chapter 3

Fluttershy’s Cottage

“Get Inside! Now!”

Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle obeyed Jorge’s order without question. What they just saw was terrifying, even more than Jorge had been. It was big, bigger, even, than their new friend. Its legs were large and muscular, they bended in the same way that ostrich legs did, with a sort of “backwards knee.” The most hideous part, though, was the face. Its jaws were split into four mandibles with several teeth on each one. They stretched out when the creature had bellowed its frightening battle cry. To Fluttershy and Twilight, this creature was a monster. To Jorge, however, this creature was an Elite.

As the two ponies took shelter in Fluttershy’s home, the Elite charged at Jorge. The Spartan pulled out his magnum and took aim, sending several shots barreling towards his attacker. The bullets were easily deflected by the Elite’s advanced shields, and Jorge’s clip ran out just as he was tackled by the Sanghelli. Jorge sent his curled up fist towards the Elite’s head. Its shields had been taken down by his barrage of bullets, so the punch connected with a deafening… CRACK. The Elite reeled back giving Jorge enough time to push him off and get back on his feet.

While this was unfolding, Twilight and Fluttershy were watching helplessly from the cottage window. The two aliens were having an all out brawl just in front of them and there was nothing they could do to stop it. Neither of the two ponies wanted to see their friend get hurt, but what could they do? Suddenly, Twilight had a brilliant idea.

“Fluttershy, we need to get into the Everfree forest.”

“But, Twilight, Jorge is out there fighting that…thing…and we need to help him.”

“I know. I have a plan, but I’m going to need your help. Come on. We can go out the back door.”

The unicorn slowly made her way towards the edge of the Everfree with her pegasus friend close behind. Jorge and the Elite were still fighting. A punch here, a kick there, the two were going at it like a pair of timber wolves fighting for a meal. Ignoring the violent scene that was going on right next to them, the two ponies made their way into the dark forest.


Jorge wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth. This thing just wasn’t giving up! The Elite threw a kick at Jorge’s side. Thinking quickly, he sidestepped the gargantuan leg and sent a punch flying at the Sanghelli’s stomach. It connected, sending the creature flying back. Without a moment’s hesitation, it jumped back up and launched itself at the Spartan, catching Jorge off guard. The two fell to the ground with the Elite’s legs pinning Jorge’s shoulders to the ground.

*SCHHH*

An energy dagger popped up from the Elite’s wrist sending Jorge into a panic. He struggled against the Sanghelli trying to pull his arms free but to no avail. It pulled back, raising his arm for the final blow.

“FOR THE COVENA-“

*BA-KAWK*

Jorge strained to see what had made the strange noise. He couldn’t turn his head enough to see the animal’s head but he could make out what scaly snake-like body. Strange, it sounded like a chicken to him. When he turned back to the Elite he was met with a frightening sight. The Elite looked like a statue! Jorge was easily able to push the petrified Sanghelli off of himself. Getting back to his feet, he struggled to comprehend what had just happened.

“Jorge, are you alright?” Twilight asked as she made her way over to the dazed Spartan.

“I’m fine, but, what was that thing.”

“It was a cockatrice.”

“A what?”

“See for yourself.” Twilight said gesturing towards the creature.

Jorge was right about the snake body, but he was also right about the chicken noise. It was as if some sick mad scientist had stuck a chicken onto the body of a snake. Jorge slowly made his way over to it, however, he was so focused on the strange creature that he hadn’t noticed that his soft-spoken friend was right in front of him whispering some unidentifiable words to it.

“Is Fluttershy talking to that thing?” He asked Twilight.

“She… has a way with animals.” The unicorn replied.

As the two slowly made their way towards the pegasus, her words became easier to understand.

“Thank you so much for helping us with that monster,” the caretaker cooed,” now run along back to the forest.”

And with that the cockatrice turned around and disappeared behind the tree line. Jorge turned back to Fluttershy.

“What was that thing? And what did it do to that Elite?” He asked.

“It was a cockatrice; it can turn things into stone by looking into their eyes.”

Jorge contemplated this as the trio made their way back inside the cottage. As they, passed by the petrified body of the Elite, the two ponies became curious.

“What was that thing?” Twilight asked.

“And why did it a-attack us?” Fluttershy added shyly.

Jorge sighed. He knew he would have to do it eventually.

“I suppose it’s time to tell you how I got here.” The Spartan said as he stepped inside the cottage.


Jorge took a seat on the couch, which, once again, creaked under his massive 300 pound body. Twilight and Fluttershy followed suit. Once the three were all settled, Jorge began the task of explaining to them where he came from. He decided to start at the beginning.

“Humans came from a planet called Earth. Not much happened until we discovered faster-than-light travel. After that, we star-“

“Hang on,” Twilight interrupted,” Faster-than-light travel? How does that work?”

“Uh… okay, imagine a piece of paper-“

“Okay!” Twilight said as she focused her magic.

In no time at all the air exploded with a fantastic purple spark as a piece of paper fluttered slowly towards the ground. By now I should be used to this sort of thing, Jorge thought as he cautiously picked up the paper.

“Er… thanks. So, say you’re right here.” He said as he pointed to one side of the paper. He slowly traced his finger in a line to the opposite end. “Instead of going to the other side of the paper like this, the ‘slip-space drive’ bends the paper,” he did so,” so you can get to the other end faster than… well, light.”

“I think I get it.” Twilight and Fluttershy said in unison.

“Great, now, when we discovered faster-than-light travel, we started to colonize other planets. Reach was one of the first ones to be colonized and became the brunt of our military force. For a moment, things were peaceful, but that didn’t last long as rebellion began to rise up against the Unified Earth Government. The UNSC started training Spartan super-soldiers, such as yours truly, to stop the insurrection. Then, the Covenant showed up.”

“The Covenant are a coalition of alien species that declared us an ‘affront to their gods’ or something like that, and, in 2525, attacked us. In 2552, the Office of Naval Intelligence initiates Operation: RED FLAG. All of the Spartans are called onto Reach so we can capture a Covenant ship and find their homeworld but before we could, they find Reach. I was part of a special team of Spartans known as NOBLE Team and, after a couple of skirmishes, it seemed like we were about to kick them off the planet, but things are never that simple. A giant Covenant supercarrier materializes in Reach’s orbit carrying several thousand Covenant forces.”

“At first, we didn’t know how to deal with it but Kat, the team’s resident genius, came up with a brilliant plan. We began Operation: UPPER CUT. The plan was to take control of a Covenant Corvette, bring on board a ‘malfunctioning’ slip-space drive, send the Corvette on a re-fueling run, and, when it got close enough, send the Corvette and the supercarrier to oblivion. Like many other operations, things didn’t go according to plan. The timer we were going to use got damaged in the scuffle. The only way to detonate it was manually. After, NOBLE six was safely off of the Corvette via space jump, I set off the bomb, and crash landed here.”

“That’s why it’s so important for me to get back. I need to find out what has happened on Reach. They’re going to need me there.”

Twilight and Fluttershy just stood there, dumbfounded, at what the Spartan just told them. A long awkward silence enveloped the unicorn, pegasus and Spartan. Finally, after a few minutes, Twilight spoke up.

“Well, if it’s that important to you to get back home, I might know someone who can help.”

A/N
Sorry about how long it took to update. I got a case of writer's block and finals, my sister's graduation, and Minecraft: X Box 360 Edition did not help with that. I'll try to be more punctual with updates but no promises until school let's out. Which is this Friday. Woot!

Also credit to "im Richtofen Kool115 for pre-reading. :P