• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 2,296 Views, 81 Comments

Operation: UPPER CUT: Aftermath - AzainInvazion



After the slip-space bomb explodes, Jorge gets transported to Equestria, but he's not the only one..

  • ...
6
 81
 2,296

Chapter 2

A/N
Just a couple of small revisions and edits. I really have to work on communication with my pre-reader/friend.


***



Everfree Forest

The wreckage of the Long Night of Solace lay in a heap of crumpled metal and crackling wires. Despite all of this destruction, however, the ship was as still as the air that surrounded it. The only illumination came from the pale light of Luna’s moon. This tranquil serenity was shattered by the sound of clanking metal and inhuman grunts coming from underneath the destroyed supercarrier. The cause of these noises finally revealed itself when an arm suddenly burst from the rubble. On the end of this appendage were two very large fingers and an equally as large thumb. Several others followed in its wake as the timber wolves howled at the full moon.

***

Jorge whipped his head around to meet the owner of the voice he had just heard, preparing for the worst. In front of him stood, well… hovered really, what appeared to be a miniature yellow pegasus with a light pink mane.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that… um… you’re kind of… um… scaring my animals.”

He had to be hallucinating. That’s it, he was hallucinating. That water he drank had some sort of toxin in it that causes hallucinations. There could never be an actual pegasus. Those things are only myths. Even if they did exist, this one doesn’t even look like a horse. Its face is too… human.

His theory was immediately shot down as the “hallucination” tapped him on the shoulder.

“Um… are you al-alright?”

Jorge realized that he had been staring blankly into space due to the shock. He felt it, the tap on the shoulder. He had felt it. This wasn’t a hallucination. Quickly snapping back to reality, he was barely able to stammer out a reply.

“Y-Yeah, I just… Need to sit down for a bit.” Jorge said as he took a seat on the couch. It creaked under his weight.

“O-okay…” Fluttershy said, still a little frightened by the situation. Her heart was racing.

“So… If this is really happening, and you’re not just a hallucination, where am I?”

“Oh! Umm…” Fluttershy was a little taken aback by the question. “You’re in Equestria.”

“Equestria? Like, horses?”

“Ponies… actually.”

Jorge did his best to stifle a laugh. He figured outright laughing at the dominant species on an unknown planet was not the best idea.

An awkward silence formed between the two beings. A silence that, surprisingly enough, Fluttershy was the one to break.

“So… Where are you from? I’ve never seen anything like you before.”

This time it was Jorge’s turn to be shocked. He gathered his composure and answered.

“I’m from the planet of Reach. I’ve never heard of this planet on any database we have so it must be pretty far away.”

“Oh. Well, if it’s so far away, then how did you get here?”

Jorge sighed. He knew she would ask that, and he was a bit reluctant to tell her. Everything here seemed so peaceful and innocent, at least from what he’d seen; he didn’t want to ruin it with tales of war. Fluttershy sensed his hesitation and decided it’d be best not to pry.

“You don’t have to tell me… if you don’t want to. But, um… could you at least tell me your name, I mean, if it’s okay with you.”

Jorge couldn’t help but smile at the pony’s shyness.

“My name’s Jorge.”

“My name is Fluttershy.”

Normally, Fluttershy wasn’t so social. She was always a little hesitant when telling somepony her name. She didn’t know why talking to Jorge was so different. Maybe it was because he wasn’t a pony. To Fluttershy, it was like he was just another animal that she took care of, except this time; she could actually understand what he was saying. Speaking of which…

“Listen, I appreciate your hospitality, but I really need to get back to Reach. They’re going to need me over there. Do you have anyone that could help me? Like a scientist or something.”

Fluttershy was sad that her new friend wanted to leave so early, but she knew that what he was doing, whatever he was doing, was probably important.

“Well, we don’t have a scientist here in Ponyville, but I do know somepony who is really smart. She might be able to help you.”

“Can you take me to her?”

Fluttershy started to lead Jorge to the door when she realized that walking a giant, 7-foot creature through Ponyville might not be the best idea.

“O-on second thought, it might be best if you stayed at my house while I bring her here.”

Jorge realized what Fluttershy had just a couple seconds earlier and quickly agreed to the change in plans.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

And with that, Fluttershy was out of the door.

***


“Come on Spike! We have to hurry!” Twilight Sparkle said as she put on her saddlebags. A muffled voice could be heard upstairs.

“I’m comin’, I’m comin’.” A purple and green dragon said as he made his way down the stairs.

They had both seen the meteor land, well… more like crash, into the Everfree forest thanks to the unicorn’s habit of late night reading. At first, she thought nothing of it. Then she remembered that Fluttershy lived near the Everfree, and she insisted that her and Spike check if she was okay.

“I still don’t see why we have to do this. That meteor landed way too deep into the forest to be close to Fluttershy’s cottage.” The dragon complained as he jumped onto Twilight’s back.

“I told you Spike, it’s just to make sure she’s okay. You can stay here if you want.”

Spike leaped at the chance to get a full night’s rest as he hopped off of Twilight.

“Okay!” He yelled as he ran upstairs.

Twilight sighed as she opened the door with her magic. She started trotting towards Fluttershy’s house when she bumped into somepony.

“Oof.” She said rubbing her forehead.

An all too familiar voice apologized in reply.

“Oh. I’m sorry, Twilight, it’s just tha-“

“FLUTTERSHY!” Twilight yelled in surprise.

“I knew it. You’re mad at me. I’m sorry it’s ju- “She was interrupted once again by the lavender mare.

“I’m not mad at you, Fluttershy. I was just about to check up on you. I saw the meteor hit near your cottage and I was worried.” Twilight said as she got back on four hooves.

Relieved that she hadn’t angered her friend, Fluttershy calmed down and remembered what she had come here for.

“A-actually, that was what I wanted to talk to you about.”

“Really? Okay, what is it?” Twilight asked.

“It’s um… sort of hard to explain. It would be easier if you came with me back to my house.”

“Alright.” Twilight said. She was confused and curious at the same time.

The two mares made their way back towards the Everfree forest.

***

Jorge sat in Fluttershy’s cottage waiting for his friend to get back. He was a bit nervous. Just who was this friend of Fluttershy? Would she be able to help him get back? Or would she just run away at the sight of him. He had to admit that to these… ponies… a normal human would probably look like something out of a horror movie, if they even had those here. However, a more pressing concern made his way into Jorge’s mind. What was happening to Reach?

His train of thought was interrupted by a knock on the door.

***

“Okay Fluttershy, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?” Twilight asked as the pair arrived at Fluttershy’s doorstep.

Throughout the short walk to her cottage, Fluttershy had tried to think of a way to introduce Jorge to Twilight, “tried” being the keyword in that sentence. By the time they had reached her house, she still had no idea how she was going to tell her unicorn friend.

“Um… w-wait here, please.”

Twilight’s curiosity rose even more as she watched her friend disappear behind the door. She pressed her ear against the wooden surface to try and get a hint at what the pegasus was doing in there. She could here muffled sounds coming from inside. Not entire conversations, but enough to peak her interest.

“Um… she’s here…”

“Great… are you… bring her in… or should… go outside?”

Twilight couldn’t make heads or tails of the broken conversation that she had overheard. Suddenly, she reeled back as the door she had been leaning on for support opened inward.

Recovering from her near fall, the unicorn looked up and found herself in front of a large ape-like creature towering over her. All she could do was stare in what can only be described as a state of amazement and sheer terror.

“Uh… Hi?”

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!!”

The ear piercing scream could be heard all the way to Sweet Apple Acres it was so loud. It even caught the attention of several of the creatures in the Everfree forest, one of them, sentient.

“Fl-Fluttershy, w-what is that… t-thing?”

“This is um…Jorge. He’s what I wanted to talk to you about.” The pegasus said awkwardly.

Twilight couldn’t believe her ears. Fluttershy, the pony known in town for being a scaredy-pony, was completely calm in the presence of this… thing.

“So… Your Fluttershy’s friend? Can you help me?

Slowly, Twilight began to realize that… Jorge… wasn’t, in fact, a monster. The main hint being that he had just asked her for help. Still a little shaky from her previous… exertion, it dawned on Twilight what Jorge had just asked her.

“Help you? With what?”

The stranded spartan started to explain his current situation when another scream broke the relative tranquility of the night. This one, however, was a bit less shrill.

“HUMAN!”

All of the blood drained out of Jorge's face leaving it pale white. That cry was all too recognizable