• Published 1st Nov 2014
  • 10,608 Views, 682 Comments

MLDC: SHAZAM, Equestria's Mightest Mare! - Michael_Ravencroft



Something stirs beneath Equestria, dark forces and evil organizations plan to usurp the peace of the world. Sensing the coming storm, the Wizard searches for one who will defend this world, and become Equestria's Mightest Mortal!

  • ...
37
 682
 10,608

Chapters Next
Prologue: A Mystery

“Now, let’s start from the beginning, what is your name?”

“Silver Shill, your Highness…”

“And what is it you do?”

The stallion gulped, “I…well, for a time I was employed by the FlimFlam brothers. They were…not the best kind of ponies, your Highness. But thanks to a mare I met, Applejack, she helped me see that what I was doing was wrong. So, now, I do honest work, helping here and there with odd jobs and promotions.”

Celestia nodded to the stallion approvingly. “Now, my little pony, tell me what happened when you entered the building.”

Silver Shill scrunched his face up in contemplation, his mind working to recall the memory. “I’m sorry, I don’t remember much. What I do remember is going to a job interview. I got in the elevator and as it rose up it shook and rattled, which wasn’t unusual, since I heard those things tend to do that. But it really started to rattle and shake, and then the numbers on the panel started to light up one after the other and moved faster and faster. Electricity started to arc from the panel and along the railing, I thought I was going to be electrocuted!”

The light-gray stallion started to hyperventilate from remembering that much of the experience. Celestia reached over and placed a hoof on the stallion’s shoulder and smiled at him comfortingly. “It’s alright, you’re here and you’re safe. We can stop if you want to?”

Silver Shill felt a little better, he had never been in the presence of the Princess before, and was a little afraid, but seeing how much she cared for even a pony like him made Silver shill feel warm. “No, I can keep going Princess Celestia. A-Anyway, then the elevator stopped suddenly. The doors opened and there was a bright light shining out from it. I don’t know what happened after that, but the one thing I do remember is seeing this old pony, I think he was a unicorn…”

Celestia leaned in closer, bringing her hooves together in contemplation. “And did this pony give you a name?”

“He only said he was the Wizard…”

“Thank you Silver Shill, I know what you went through was confusing and that my having a private conversation with you is a little frightening.”

Silver Shill quickly shook his head back and forth. “Nonononono! Honestly I find this a more pleasant meeting than what happened…”

Celestia nodded sagely to the stallion. “Thank you for your kind words, and should you need to talk or if you remember anything else, please contact Canterlot Palace or drop by immediately.”


“‘The Wizard, Wizard, Wizard’! This is the one-hundred and fiftieth case Tia!”

Luna and Celestia were sitting in one of the private meeting rooms of Manehattan’s Celestial State building. There were a slew of papers all over the table, each one a file of a pony, mare and stallion all stating the same thing like the stallion Celestia had just spoken to.

“I know Lulu, I know, this isn’t good. Somepony is randomly foalnapping our ponies and erasing their memories just as quickly! We need to find out what this ‘Wizard’ wants from them,” said Celestia.

Luna used her telekinetic aura to float several files to her, eyes scanning over the contents to try and find something that could better identify what or why this mysterious old stallion was doing such things.

“From what these reports say, none of the abducted has anything wrong with them, physically or magically. Tia, did Star Swirl ever make mention of such a unicorn, I cannot recall if he did,” said Luna.

Celestia stared out into the vast metropolis that was Manehattan, as if trying to spot the elusive sorcerer from their vantage point. Storm clouds were gathering overhead as the pegasus ponies worked to bring in the scheduled thunderstorm. “No, he never made mention of ‘the Wizard’. However, you know as well as I do that we did not fully come to be until a little after the Sirens were banished from Equestria. There are some legends that are even older than we are sister.”

Luna raised an inquisitive eyebrow at that statement. “Are you saying that this unicorn is as strong as Sombra was? Because you know how powerful he was with dark magic. Whatever magic this unicorn wields is as fast as lightning, almost undetectable, seemingly more powerful.”

“That’s what disturbs me the most. I remember Tirek and Skorpan once hailed from a faraway land and of Skorpan speaking of how they were driven out by a powerful force, now I wish I had asked for more details…”

The Princess of the Night sidled next to her big sister, both now staring out into the city as the storm clouds started to rumble and quake. The younger sister looked to her elder, the Princess of the Day had a worried expression, and few problems could make her express this. Usually Celestia would keep her worry hidden by a stoic facade or a placating smile, but when it was just the two of them, she didn’t feel the need to hide such feelings, the same held true for Luna. Somewhere out there was a pony sorcerer with power unknown who was abducting ponies and throwing them back like a child not finding his favorite toy, which only made it worse when they thought about the day when this sorcerer, this wizard, would find the one they sought. Would it be for good or ill when that day arrived? As if answering to her worries, the storm let loose a series of lightning bolts that streaked through the cloud ridden sky as thunder crashed violently, shaking the windows before them.

“‘Wizard’…who are you?”

Author's Note:

Act One: Lightning Strikes

Chapters Next