• Published 22nd Oct 2014
  • 1,927 Views, 15 Comments

The Horseman's curse - Iceclaw_Gaming

  • ...
1
 15
 1,927

A night to remember. (Part 1) <Edited>

A night to remember, Part 1

"So eager you are, for my blood to spill... Yet to vanquish me, it's my head, you must kill. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! The Headless Horseman laughs as his head flies off into the sky and off towards the Everfree forest.

"After that head girls!" Twilight yells as the six begin to give chase to his head, Fluttershy being the slowest one of course, scared by the dangers of the Everfree and how the horseman was immune to her stare.


earlier that day...

"Let's see here... SPIKE, WHERES THE BOOK ON MAGICAL RESIDUE!?" The irritated Twilight Sparkle yelled out from the library, ever since the incident with Tirek happened she couldn't find any of the books until she could sort them properly.

"It's right here Twilight!" Spike called from the ladder he was on whilst holding the book in question, which is taken from his grasp from a magenta aura.

"Alright.. Let's get at-" Twilight was cut off as a loud bang was heard outside. She rushed from the library leaving the book on the table to see something flying towards the town on a horse.

The being riding the horse was wearing armour coloured green and black. Across his back is a sword as sharp as diamonds with an eary green aura around it, but the most startling feature is that from under his helmet, green eyes are visible which look to be on fire.

"Prepare yourselfs, the bells have tolled, Shelter your weak, your young and your old. Each of you shall pay the final sum. CRY for mercy, THE REKONING, HAS COME! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!" The creature laughed as it threw pumpkins which had a flaming tone to them on houses all around Ponyville, setting them ablaze, with the only thing nearby is a water bucket filled to the brim with several smaller buckets near it.

"WHATS GOING ON!?" Twilight screamed as she saw her friends gathering up water and trying to douse the flames, so she ran up and grabbed a bucket herself until she realized she could use magic. Twilight gathered up her magic and went to cast a rain spell to see it negated by a magic field surrounding the town. Growling, Twilight grabs the bucket again and fills it with water, using it to douse flames as well.

"What is that thing Twi?" Rainbow Dash asked as she got back to the bucket filled with water to reload her smaller one, though compact, the little buckets could only do so much.

"I think that's the Headless Horseman..." Twilight said, looking at the bipedal figure on the horse. She noticed the horses hooves on fire and its eyes a flaming green aswell.

After a while of putting the flames out the Horseman yells out, "The sky is dark, The fire burns, You strive in vain as fates wheel turns!" The horseman decends into town now running down the street.

Twilight reads herself to buck the horse he's on until she feels her head burning and an eerie voice, "Harken ker, Tis you I spurn, NOW FEEL, THE BURN!!" Twilight screams her head off as she blindly runs about with the flaming pumpkin on her head until she finally manages to get it off. She can see other ponies have the same problem as well.

The Horseman watches from above again as the ponies strive to put out the fires until he realizes something, there's hardly any flames left, so he yells out, "The town still burns, A cleansing fire. TIME IS SHORT, ILL SOON RETIRE!" After his yell he waits until the fires gone.

Twilight and the others manage to finally put the last fire out, which afterwards they share a massive group hug and start cheering for them selfs on their supposed victory until they hear his voice again.

"My flames have died, left not a spark. I shall send you myself, to the lifeless dark." The Horseman yells as he slowly decends into the middle of town and gets off his mount.

Applejack swiftly moves behind him and hits him with a buck to the back, sending blood everywhere as the Horseman falls to the ground with his broken back.

"So eager you are, for my blood to spill. Yet to vanquish me, Tis my head, you must kill. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!" the Horseman laughs as his head flies off towards the Everfree forest.


To be continued in part 2

Author's Note:

Hey guys, hoped you enjoyed my story, this is in spirit for the Hallows End event going on in World of Warcraft at the moment, I rather enjoy the event and hope you check it out.

Edited.