• Published 19th Oct 2014
  • 4,760 Views, 103 Comments

A Message to Rainbow Dash - AlliePastel



When Rainbow Dash moves to the big city, she gives the responsibility of Scootaloo to her best friend in the world. For Fluttershy, this means dealing with the angst that comes along with being a mother.

  • ...
22
 103
 4,760

Good Day Sunshine Part One

“Momma…” A distinctly high pitched voice muttered. A child standing at the short height of nearly three feet sat up in her crib. It seemed to the girl that all her mornings started off the same, with either a gentle nudge of the shoulder or something warm in the seat of her pants waking her up.

Today was no exception as she felt the flooding heat of her own accident add weight to the soft padding that was held up by two tapes around her waist. It was a bit of an empty feeling, almost like stretching or free falling. It very well could’ve happened again and she'd barely blink an eye.

She looked down at her feet, they were covered in a set of pink footie pajama feet. Her entire body was in fact covered by a set of princesses from a famous series of animated movies. She’d grown to love the classic fairy tales, from Cinderella to The Beauty and The Beast.

In truth, there was no reason for her to dislike any princess, she longed for their lifestyle anymore. The prospect of going through another eight years of school was a terrifying thought, even if she was being homeschooled; though she did like reading and being read to. Her mommy and her started working on reading nearly three years ago and she really enjoyed books ever since. Her dream job was a librarian.

She grabbed her feet with her tiny hands and suckled her pacifier. She always had to wait for her mommy in the morning. Usually daddy got home around seven in the evening. Looking at the door, she waited excitedly as her momma turned the handle, she loved seeing her.

“Goodmorning baby…” Fluttershy said as she carefully opened the door. Not much had changed around the room since she first moved her baby in a few years ago. Scootaloo had no use for the undersized walker and bouncer that she once played with. However, the swing had become a regular activity in Scootaloo’s life. Not much had really changed aside from her baby’s height.

The mother reached into the crib and brought up her child, hugging her close against her chest as she did usually in the morning. “How’s my little Scoots doing today?” she asked, running a hand through her child’s long purplish hair.

In all honesty, she knew Scootaloo loved the feeling of her touch by this point. It seemed like she'd go out of her way just to be coddled. It was cute and a bit concerning. Still, she never failed to be amazed by her daughter’s cuteness.

Scootaloo looked up at her mommy as she was sat on the changing table. Understanding what was going on, she backed up a bit and laid down. Her bathroom habits seemed to gain more distance as her periods without ‘accidents’ lessened. Accidents being times she went out of her own control, she never showed much interest in potties.

The mother undid the zipper strap and ran the thing all the way down her baby’s leg. Her hands reached for the side tabs of her baby’s diaper and undid it. Grabbing the wipes, she started a new changing process.

It’d been a few years since she gave her baby her first taste of diapers, now she wasn't so sure if she made the right choice. The only silver lining to the situation is that Scootaloo was too emotionally impaired to start potty training, if you could call that a silver lining. She spoiled her baby too long, although it was in the name of kindness.

“Well, baby you’re just a little soaker today aren't you?” Fluttershy teased, pulling out new white diaper. The diapers Scoots wear, were the same ones she’d been wearing ever since the adoption; just a size or two bigger. Call it brand loyalty, but she liked designs on the one’s she had chosen better.

She reached for the baby oil and poured some in her hands. Diligently she worked her child’s bottom, being sure not look. As the years went by, Scootaloo rightfully became more self-conscience about her nakedness. Pulling out the powder, she poured it all over her baby’s bottom.

The child hardly reacted to her mother’s comment at all; she was teased all the time for wearing diapers. Thankfully her friends understood her situation. She and Fluttershy lied stating she had a nerve problem, that didn't help much when they came over. She would always have to lie and say she slept in her mother’s room; Fluttershy had to sleep on the couch on those nights.

She felt her bottom being lifted and set unto the puffy soft material of the protective lining. Her Her mother’s hands graced her sides wrapping the underwear snug around her baby’s waist. The babyish print came up and covered part of her waist. She was padded again.

Grabbing her child’s hands, Fluttershy helped Scootaloo onto her padded backside. The diaper seemed to separate her daughter’s legs. Thinking of discrepancy, she needed to pull some clothes out for her baby. Only rarely did Scootaloo wear real baby clothes, save her footie pajamas.

She walked over to the dresser and pulled out a few clothes for the day. It was spring and a sunny day at that. If they were going outside, they’d need the perfect outfit; Fluttershy had just that. In her hands she held a set of khakis and a pink t-shirt with some generic crown design on it.

“Well Scootaloo, I think today is the day for a park visit…” she said, fitting her daughter’s legs through the leg holes of the shorts. She pulled the pants elastic waist up and over the diaper; only a little bit of the padding peaked over the elastic.

Scootaloo smiled as her mother brought the t-shirt over her head and helped get her hands through the arms holes. “Hehe, you mean the swing set?” she asked, putting her thumb in her mouth.

The mother nodded, helping her daughter unto her backside and then off the table. She couched beside her and helped into her socks. “Yep, I thought I’d give you a nice ride in your stroller and let you get a little sun on your head.” She lifted her daughter’s feet and slipped them into her sneakers. Her daughter’s shoes were a basic white and pink design with Velcro straps for fastening. Her daughter was getting more book smart, but her mechanical skills lacked clarity for some reason.

Standing up, Fluttershy took a good look at her baby; she looked set. “All ready? Mommy made you some cereal and strawberries…” she said, walking towards the door.

Scootaloo followed fast behind, wobbling a bit as she struggled to keep up. Her legs were weak despite Fluttershy’s best efforts to strengthen them. Eventually she made it up to her mommy and clung to her hand with her small one for support.

She followed her mom into the kitchen and to the counter were her breakfast was. She always liked breakfast in the morning, especially during the spring. Something about the way fresh cooked food with the air from outside complimented the scene so nicely.

“Well baby, do you wanna eat breakfast like a big girl, or do you wanna eat it in your highchair like a little baby.” Fluttershy commented, as she picked up the plate and bowl with her daughter’s breakfast on it.

“I wanna be a baby!” Scootaloo babbled, raising her hands into the air. It was her little sign of infancy, an indicator to be picked up.

Fluttershy smirked, lifting her baby into the air and helping her into the kitchen’s highchair. Unlike some of the stuff in the nursery, the highchair had a very ‘princess-y’ vibe to it. Its padding was a thick princess texture, the plastic tray was a dull white plastic, and there was a foot rest that was adjusted just for Scootaloo’s height.

She didn’t like the thought of Scootaloo being this eager to look babyish. Scootaloo had no problem that kept her from feeling herself. But that didn’t stop her from asking to be fed every time.

Smiling widely, Scootaloo was lifted into the air and into plush softness of her high chair. She leaned back and got comfy as she watched her mommy. The strawberry plate was sat down and the bowl of cereal was taken away. She was never trusted to eat cereal with milk in her highchair, unless she asked her mommy to feed her.

“So, how are you feeling this morning sweetie? Playing with Scootaloo and them yesterday didn’t tire you out too much I’m guessing?” the mother said, carrying over a bowl of cereal ‘o’s to the table. “Go on, eat sweetie, mommy is listening…” she said, walking behind her daughter and tying a bib around her neck.

Digging into the cereal, the child stuffed some in her mouth, dropping the rest of the grains onto her shorts as she went. “I’m ready to play!” the girl cheered, smiling as she continued to eat. She was feeling really hungry this morning, especially for cereal. She didn’t get to ‘potty’ the previous day, too much meat usually made her tummy too upset to much to potty.

“Well I’ll take that as a sign you’re all energetic today. I’d let you frolic a little on our way to the park, but I don’t want you getting lost. My back yard is way too dangerous for babies.” She teased, pouring some grape juice into a sippy cup for her baby.

The comment went right over the child’s head. She loved her life too much. Grabbing more of the cereal in her hand, she smiled. “Forest dirty anyway.” She commented, eating more of her grains. She hated getting dirty anymore; things took too long to clean.

Rolling her eyes, Fluttershy started washing her other dishes as her baby ate the last of the food in her bowl. She picked up a glass plate and dried it off as her baby started eating the slices of strawberry one by one.

“Awe, does some little girl like strawberries?” Fluttershy asked, giving her daughter a warm look. She knew strawberries were her daughter’s favorite fruit; she still liked bonding with her daughter though.

Smiling widely again, Scootaloo nodded widely as she ate the last of her strawberries. She watched her mommy hand her the sippy cup. Looking up, she watched as her mommy told her, “Drink it on the way to the park lovey.”

She didn’t have to be commanded twice, raising her arms into the air she was brought into a light cradle. She nuzzled her head against her mommy’s chest as she was brought into the living room.

There it was, a heavy, black and pink stroller mother spent a small fortune on. It had a non-removable try, a foot rest, an awning, and a set of safety straps that kept her snug and in place. The thing itself was huge, but it was nothing that her mommy couldn’t push along easily.

Fluttershy lifted Scootaloo over the tray and onto the seat. She sank into it and leaned back. She really loved the stroller, like really loved it. At least she seemed like she did. If it weren’t for social norms, she’d let her sleep on it over the crib. What an odd statement.

She diligently pulled the straps over her baby’s shoulders and buckled it to the safety latch around her daughter’s crotch. It was always better safe than sorry with Scootaloo, sometimes she did things that were completely irrational; especially when she was left alone.

One time when she left Scootaloo alone on the changing table without her strap, she came back to the mess of powder all over everything. It took her hours to clean up and it took forever to get the smell of baby powder out of the carpet.

“Ready?” she asked, grabbing Scootaloo’s diaper bag from a rack by the door. She slanked it over one of the stroller’s handles. The diaper bag itself was actually one she had for years; it had the same design of the original bedroom set. She kept most of Scootaloo’s stuff in there, her diapers, a spare set of clothes, some toys, her medication, and the rest of the changing supplies.

Scootaloo nodded, sticking the tip of her sippy cup’s nub into her mouth as she leaned back into the chair. She didn’t make much noise throughout the trip to the park; the straps prevented her from moving or seeing that much.

***

“So you’re telling me this little girl is a star mathematician? Well isn’t she such a special little girl?” A bubble gum pink and navy blue haired women complimented, rubbing Scootaloo’s hair.

Scootaloo smiled widely looking up at her mommy and friends. She knew the women, it was Bonbon. Her and her mommy had been friends for years; she loved her hair a lot. It always looked so amazing and flowy. Her and Lyra’s fashion was also impeccable too.

“Baby, is there something you wanna tell Bonbon?” Fluttershy smiled, picking the child up by her arms and cradling her.

“Thankyou!” the child said blushing. She looked at Lyra, memorized by her earrings. They were some fine of cut of topaz that complimented her aqua dress well. She loved her fashion so much, she squeed on the inside.

“You’re welcome sweetie.” Bonbon said, smiling at the girl.

Fluttershy looked at the couple and smiled, “You two look really great today; I’m surprised more people didn’t get dressed up to go to the park. Actually I’m surprised no one went to the park at all. It seems like we’re the only ones here yet, I guess it is a bit early though.”

“You know, it’s not very easy to get to this park. At least not compared to the other one down the street. That one is much nicer too, we usually come here for privacy you know?” Lyra added.

Looking around, the mother nodded. “I guess, that’s the one benefit of bringing Scootaloo here. She doesn't have a very good time playing with others, especially when she’s in a mood like hers that is.”

The couple looked at the child; she seemed distracted by something off in the distance. It was incredible just how dazed she seemed sometimes. “Mommy, how do trees get leafs?” she ask, before sticking her thumb in her mouth.

“Well sweetie…” Fluttershy panned, pulling a pacifier from her pocket and pushing it into her baby’s mouth. She looked at Scootaloo, she was obviously blushing. She loved her pacifier but she clearly didn’t want to show it. Smiling, she pointed at the sprouts, “Well, you during the spring the tree’s buds are fed through cellular respiration. Basically, carbon dioxide or gas is broken up into oxygen, the stuff you breathe. The process of breaking up the gas into the stuff you can breathe helps power those buds to get bigger and turn into leafs.”

Scootaloo stared up awestruck at the trees. Behind her pacifier she asked “Wai, why are tree weafs gween?”

“I’ll tell you later sweetie.” The mother said, walking towards the swing set. Lifting her child up in the air, she laced her legs through the holes and allowed her baby to sit properly.

“She so cute.” Bonbon said, watching as Scootaloo was pushed into the air. She watched in awe as her girlfriend went to go sit down on the bench nearby.

Fluttershy smiled at the compliment to her baby, “You think so? I try to dress her up as much as I can; she likes to dress up after all. But with her condition, I have to be weary with the clothes I pick for her.

“Hmm, you mean the rest-room thing?” Lyra asked, as Scootaloo was pushed back and forth. The child seemed to be in a whole separate word, completely oblivious to anything but the swinging motion. She looked so distracted.

Scootaloo started making small grunts. She was really confused on how the trees grew and her mommy’s explanation wasn’t helping. What was ‘respiration’? She hated that she didn’t understand big words; reading was one of her only good subjects in school. Her tummy felt upset too.

Smirking as she pushed her child, the young mother nodded. “Well, the restroom thing and her other issues. I love to pieces, but Scootaloo’s personality has changed so much in the past two years. I know that’s normal in a child, but it doesn’t help much when they were all negative changes… well, minus the rowdiness.”

“Mommy, I needa potty.” Scootaloo said, holding her tummy. She frowned; feeling the incoming wave of pressure hit her stomach. Under most circumstances, she wouldn’t mind; but not in front of other people.

Fluttershy raised an eyebrow at Bonbon and shrugged her shoulder, “Any bathrooms or porta-potties around here?”

“N-no. I’m sorry, I don’t think there is.” The women said, concerned.

Scootaloo tensed up, feeling a warm mess fill the seat of her diaper as she struggled to climb out of her swing. She sat back down and cowered at the feeling of messy diaper. She really didn’t want to make a scene…

“Say Scootaloo, maybe we should head back home…” She said, picking the child up and cradling her close to her chest. “I’m sure if we make it back soon enough, we can get you to the bathroom on time. I’ll see you Bonbon. Tell Lyra I said bye too!”

Bonbon smiled and waved her hand, “Oh alright, I’ll see you dear. Goodluck on making it home. Have a nice day!”

“Bye bye!” Scootaloo said, looking over her mommy’s shoulder and waving. She moved her head back to its proper position and looked at her her mother. “M-Mommy, I-I had a-“

“I know you did sweetie.” Fluttershy said, lifting the child back into the stroller. It hadn’t been twenty minutes they were at the park. She wouldn’t put her child through the embarrassment of having an audience while getting changed. She strapped her child into the stroller and started heading back down the trail.

Author's Note:

Awe, the issue with Regressive Tendencies. I've got some interesting stuff happening in the upcoming chapters. Hopefully I inspire some occasional dawes! ^3^

The next chapter will be posted (7-10) days from now!

As always, I hope you all have a great day! ~England ^-^