• Published 19th Oct 2014
  • 4,753 Views, 103 Comments

A Message to Rainbow Dash - AlliePastel



When Rainbow Dash moves to the big city, she gives the responsibility of Scootaloo to her best friend in the world. For Fluttershy, this means dealing with the angst that comes along with being a mother.

  • ...
22
 103
 4,753

Wonderful Part Two

The room was quite with the exception of the sad women’s sobs. Tears stained the wooden surface board before a folded set of arms came plummeting down, their skin being warmed by the sunny rays of sun that shined through the window.

“I-I-can’t.” The mother sobbed, lifting her head and looking at the two separate photos of her baby girl. She scooted them to the side of the desk and quieted themselves; she didn’t want Scoots to hear her. Still, the issue wasn’t getting any easier on her.

She reached under the desk and into one of the drawers. She gripped crumpled paper in her hands and gently began unfolding every lie she ever told herself. That’s what they were, they were lies, nothing but lies. Her messages to Rainbow Dash were all lies.

Her breathing hastened as she found herself painfully slamming her fist unto the hard wood. “Stupid, stupid, stupid!” She repeated as she continually hit herself on the forehead. She planted her head on the desk and let out a long drawn out moan.

“Ugh. I got stuff to do, I needa think what to do. Why did I have to choose the life of a tedious house wife?” She asked, peaking her head up from her arms. She really didn’t like having such a mundane life. Not to say she didn’t love spending time with her little girl, but there was just so many intervals of time where she did nothing.

The baby monitor by her bed sounded a loud whined out moan. Suddenly, the speaker cracked and a loud squeak was heard from both it and Scootaloo’s room.

“Baby?” Fluttershy questioned, standing up. She ran to her baby’s door and entered inside the room. Charging at the crying child, she hopped over the fence gate. Looking down at her child, she watched Scootaloo aimlessly rolled side to side in her piles of stuffed animals.

“The colors, make them stop!” The child cried in a high pitched squeal. “I-I was watching the T.V and e-everything started changing colors. Nothing makes sense.” She said, planting her hands over her face.

“Shh-shh. There there baby.” Fluttershy cooed, picking the child up and holding her an arm’s length away. She noticed Scootaloo’s bloomers drooped a few inches lower than they were supposed to, something must have scared her good.

“Wait a second sweetie…” She said, standing the child unto the carpeted ground. She undid her daughter’s diaper flap and ripped off the diaper; letting it plop unto the floor. She ran over some supplies and started wiping off her baby’s front and backside.

Scootaloo stood on her wobbly knees, keeping her eyes completely closed throughout the wiping. She felt a thick padding separate her legs back out and a soft cotton tape around her hips.

Giving her daughter a warm grin, she manually lifted her baby’s hands in the air and lifted the dress right off her body. She balled it up and tossed it near the clothes hamper, “It was a bit wet near the bottom there sweetie…”

She walked over to her child and lifted her into a cradle. Her baby’s back felt so warm, as if she were getting hot; or maybe she was just too cold. Hugging her daughter daughter, she closed her eyes and ran her fingers through her baby’s hair, “Shh… stop your sobbing sweetie.”

Scootaloo looked up at her mommy. Being on the verge of tears, she tried keeping her eyes closed. No matter how much how tight she closed them; she could still picture dozens of external lights and colors flashing in her vision. “Please make it stop.” She demanded.

“It’s alright.” The mother said, holding her daughter close to her chest. She ran her hands through her daughter’s messy orange hair again. There was a murky quietness in the room as she patiently listened to her daughter’s occasional sob.

There was no end to the calamity in the child’s mind, whirling colors, whirling sounds; all in a whirling world that made founded her woven into the arms of her mother. It wasn’t prideful for the girl to break down so easily, to fall short of independence drove her into insanity more than any ailment of hers ever could and yet she was alright with her life.

Her tears stopped as she rose her head from her mother’s chest. She wiped her face off and made contact with her mother’s aqua eyes. Her mom’s eyes always glimmered so brightly and looked so beautiful, almost like an ocean view skyline.

“I-I’m sorry I’m so clingy.” She said, frowning as she stared at the ground. She really knew that she spent too much time with her mommy. She wanted to do other things, but she never made it far without having a meltdown. She felt like an old rust bucket of a child, completely unreliable.

“Baby…” Fluttershy cooed, adjusting her child in her arms. One of her hand’s moved under the child’s bottom and the other one moved unto her back. “you’re not too clingy sweetie.” She said, moving her hand up and down from the base of Scootaloo’s neck to where her diaper’s elastic poofed out, just above her lower back.

“Yes I am, look at me. I’m ten years old and I’m still wearing diapers like a dumb baby.” She pouted, wanting to cross her arms.

Walking her child over to the dresser, she stopped and sat on the floor. She gave her baby a warm smile despite her not being able to see it, “You’re not a baby, but you are a very special young lady. Just because you have a few potty problems doesn’t make you a baby. Nor does wanting to be all cuddled and bundled. It’s perfectly healthy for a girl like you to need your mommy.”

Without saying another word, she moved over to the dresser and started sorting through the clothing with her one free arm. There was a lot of it to choose from; her girl’s small rate of growth meant a stockpile of clothes during the holiday season.

Looking down at her daughter, she noticed little red marks all around her daughter’s eyes. Scootaloo must have been scratching her face again, one of the ticks she formed over the years it seemed. It wasn’t Scoot’s fault that she had schizophrenia and she felt compelled to do that. It was part of the reason why she had to be alert all the time; poor Scootaloo could really hurt herself.

“A-are you alright sweetie?” She questioned as she ran her hands through her daughter’s hair.

Scootaloo looked up for a moment, making small *hic* noises. She clutched her hands around her mommy’s waist and began crying uncontrollably into her breast again. “N-no I’m not alright mommy! I’m never going to be ‘alright’!”

Fluttershy closed her eyes and held her daughter even tighter than before. It seemed like Scootaloo was becoming more unstable by the day, both physically and emotionally. It was time that she acted on her desire; she had to tell Scootaloo the truth about it all. She just needed the right venue.

“Sweetie, you’ll make it through this. You’re a little tough cookie and I know you’re stronger than your giving yourself credit for.” She said, patting her daughter’s back side some more.

“Mmm… I-I’m so scared though.” The child muttered, opening her eyes. She blinked a few time as the swirling colors lost their occupancy in her vision. She moaned, feeling her mom lovingly coddle her; it made her feel so nice on the inside.

The young women’s expression went still as she closed her eyes again. She huffed, falling unto her backside and embracing her child even tighter than before. Leaning in, she kissed her daughter’s forehead and opened her eyes again.

“Let go Scootaloo, momma hasta get an outfit for you. We’re gonna go outside. Does that sound like fun?” she questioned. She knew Scootaloo liked the outdoors. She really liked everything pretty and nature wasn’t an exception. In fact, she loved nature; aside from the dirt that is.

Sniffling, the child smiled a little bit. She let go of her mommy and backed up. “C-can I wear a dress? I-I promise I won’t get it dirty!”

Smiling in kind, the mother nodded. She grabbed the dress from its hanger and helped guide her daughter through it. It was a girly dress, like most of the ones her daughter liked. It was a strapless yellow top with a flowy princess like bottom. It wasn’t an expensive dress by any means, but it looked good.

She reached her hand to her daughter’s, gripping her hand in her own. She felt as her daughter squeezed just a little tighter. She started walking forward, keeping her daughter balanced as she waddle forwards a little. Walking was something Scootaloo was unable to do for too long. Her legs, like most of her body, looked un-toned and somewhat skinny.

Walking her daughter out of her room, she made careful steps as she went down the stairs. Under most circumstances, she wouldn’t ever let Scootaloo walk up or down the stairs. But, she was going slow enough that her daughter had no choice but to take her time.

“Easy there…” she panned, helping her daughter walk down the steps one by one. “We’re almost there…” She celebrated, stepping down the last step. Pausing at the doorway, a little message sent directly to her brain.

“Wait a sec.” She said, letting go of her daughter’s hand.

Scootaloo turned her head to the side, watching her mommy dash across the room. She sat on the ground, spreading her legs trying to balance herself.

“I-I F-for-got the diaper-bag.” She said, taking heavy breaths as she went. “Also…” she pulled out a bottle of milk. “I also got fruit snacks if you get real hungry.”

***

The sun sheltered itself in the distant horizon beyond the line of forest that covered the perimeter of the quaint cottage. The warm temperate weathered sunset silhouetted all the trees in a Polaroid like snapshot. Staring at the beautiful star was a mother cuddled up next to her baby on a lawn chair.

“Mommy, what’s the sun? Why is it there?” The young child questioned, moving up her mother’s stomach. She used her mother as a mattress, resting her head on her chest; Her mother’s arms wrapped around her stomach.

Pulling her daughter up her chest so more, the mother planted a kiss on her head and smiled. “Hehe, the sun is a star like all the rest in the sky. It’s just a bit closer so it keeps Earth and her life warm. I think it’s in the science curriculum for next year, but we can talk about it now. If you want that is?”

“Hmm…” Scootaloo pondered a question as the sun delved towards the horizon line. It was getting dark out so quickly. “Why does the sun stick around mommy?”

“What do you mean sweetie?” Fluttershy questioned, watching the twilight approach over the sky. It was triumphing over everything it seemed, there was no escaping darkness. It was part of the cycle as always.

“The sun, it’s always in the sky and it’s always hovering around earth. Why does the sun hoover, what makes it hover? Also, why does the sun stay around watching over Earth, is it trying to keep it warm for some reason?” the child ask, her curiosity peaked.

The mother stared blankly at the sun and smiled, “The Sun actually doesn’t hover around Earth. Earth hovers around The Sun. Also you were right; The Sun does warm the earth. It provides heat for every living thing on earth.

Scootaloo smiled proudly as she sank her head into her mommy’s chest again. Her eyes went dim as she felt the warmth of the sun and the beat of her mother’s heart slowly rock her senses. “Mommy, why do you love me so much?” she questioned.

“Cause Scootaloo, you’re my baby, my child; just like Earth is the Sun’s baby. Without you, I wouldn’t have someone to keep warm.” She cooed, brushing her hand through her baby’s hair again.

There was a stagnant snapping of tree branches that rustled many of the nearby trees. Several of the grainy brown figures came crashing down and unto the cottage. While the sun set on the warm summer night, the moving cool tides of air swept through the ski.

Without saying a word to her baby, the mother lifted her child into her arms and grabbed her diaper bag from the side of her chair. She straightened out her own outfit and looked at the skyline behind her cottage; just what she thought, storm clouds.

The clouds seemed to battle and swirl around each other like a well-trained RAF fighter jet brigade. Suddenly her vision twisted, over to the doorway. Its plain wooden texture and flower painted entrance way seemed to be muffling an alarming sound. A small vibration came from her right pocket; it must have been her cellphone.

“Alright, clearly mommy hasn’t been paying too much attention to the weather again. You didn’t leave any toys or anything out here did you?” She questioned, looking around the yard. With the sun on the decline, it wasn’t too easy seeing things around the yard. If Scootaloo left something small out in the yard, she wouldn’t be finding it until at least tomorrow morning.

Scootaloo shook her head, she didn’t bring anything outside. Strange how her mommy didn’t see the storm clouds though, then again she was busy just staring at her phone and stuff the whole time; it worried her. Her mommy was usually so busy smiling and talking with her, sometimes even playing with her. Yet, she seemed out of it until the sunset.

“Good girl.” Fluttershy cooed, brushing her hand through her baby’s hair again. She walked through the back door and shut it tight; locking the handle. She turned towards the living room, running all the way passed the kitchen and into the main room. “Oh… my.”

This just in, a sizable thunder-storm is approaching through the Midwestern Equestrian province. The local government recommends that all citizens remain indoors. Throughout the night, expect winds up to fifteen kilometer per hour, with strong gust up to twenty kilometers per hour. Lighting will prevail from ten at night to seven in the morning. Heavy rainfall is expected to occur from ten at night and to end around three in the afternoon tomorrow morning. The following counties are currently under the severe thunderstorm watch, Arcadia, App-“ The emergency broadcast voice was silenced.

Fluttershy rolled her eyes, ending the service prompt with a click of a button and changing it to a child’s tv network. “Sorry about that sweetie, I didn’t mean for you to get all riled up by the reports…” she said, walking her baby over to the couch and setting her down.

Taking a seat next to her baby, she leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes. “I haven’t been up to date with things lately, although apparently Daddy left the T.V on. Speaking of Daddy, we needa give him a call I guess. I suppose he’ll be spending the night in town. I don’t like the idea of him driving in weather like this.

She reached into her diaper bag, grabbing the bottle of formula from the thermal side compartment of the thing. She reached over, dimming the lights in the living room. She scanned the room, making sure all the blinds were still shut; they were.

“Come here baby…” she said, turning her body and stretching out the long way of the couch. She waited for her baby to crawl on top of her stomach and then grabbed her baby’s blanket from her diaper bag.

Scootaloo instinctually hugged unto her mommy’s waist and rested her head on her chest. It was a safe quiet spot, it was also pretty warm. Suddenly her mother sat up and quickly unzipped the back of her sundress. A pair of warm hands glided across her shoulders as the dress was yanked gently off her body. Confused, she stared curiously at her mother.

Solemly, the mother closed her eyes and took a deep breath. A week ago she’d never take off her top; it wasn’t like a mother to do that to her child. But she had to make a point; Scootaloo was the exception after all. Lifting from the base of the shirt, she pulled off, over her head and tossed it on the ground. She unhinged her bra strap and did away with it as well.

“More breastfeeding?” Scootaloo questioned with a blush on her face. “W-why am I naked too?”

Some subtle sounds of lightening crackled in the background as the mother tossed a light pink blanket over her baby’s body, covering what she could with what little she had.

“Honey, there’s a crack in your ceiling that’s been chewing away at everything you know about yourself isn’t there? Does it ever disturb you that you know nothing about yourself, that you know nothing about me, and yet you’re so ready to throw your arms and call to your mommy for help?”

Scootaloo tensed up a bit. Her body felt cold and warm all at the same time. She knew it wasn’t her mind playing tricks on her again, something about all of this made her physically uncomfortable.

Fluttershy rubbed the blanket up and down her baby’s back, ruffling its soft pink velvet surface with each stroke. “This blanket that I keep with me, with you at all times. I-I never have used it, I never wanted to, I-I thought I might g-give it to you as a gift when you graduate from college…” The mother started stuttering. Tears from at the corner of her eyes as she shook her head, “C-cause I know y-you’d do great t-things, c-cause you’re a great kid a-and“

“M-mommy?” the child questioned, clenching unto her mommy’s side.

“I-I couldn’t wait. Y-you’re my baby girl Scootaloo. I knew you’d know, y-you’re such a smart girl. Don’t you ever stop b-being w-what you want to be in this world! C-cause you know, s-sometimes you’re only what you make yourself out to be.” Fluttershy said, hugging her daughter close to her chest. She was her baby’s mother.

Author's Note:

In case anyone was curious about the delay, I got an actual job so I've been a bit more busy than usual. As always, I'll post the next new chapter or story (7-14) days from the last, but I'll probably leaning on the later side for obvious reasons.

I look forward to the next chapter though, I'm doing something that I haven't seen done on any other padded pony story before! :twilightsmile:

I hope you all have a wonderful day! :twilightsmile: