• Published 23rd Oct 2014
  • 1,326 Views, 23 Comments

The Value of Trust - Phantomslayer230



5 years ago, Prism Bolt's life changed forever. But now, when a injured pony finds his way to Ponyville. Prism and his friends will have to teach him the value of trust.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,326

Chapter 2: A rough start

It has been a slow night at the Ponyville Urgent Care Clinic. Nurse Blue-Cross was walking through the halls of the clinic making sure everything was I order for the night. Blue Heart was a unicorn mare with a dark blue coat, and a white mane with a two blue streaks going through it, one lighter then the other. Her cutie mark was a blue hospital cross, placed over a white shield. Tonight was a big night for her. It's her first night watching over the clinic during the night without her mother Nurse Red-Heart. Nothing usually happened during the night at the clinic but somepony had to be there just in case.

Since night were usually uneventful Blue Cross decided to do one final check, and then get some shut eye. She had been up almost 20 hours strait and she was tired. She went over her mental checklist as she made her way to the front lobby.

"Ok, all doors except for the front one are locked, I have an exam room and an x-Ray room still unlocked, I have some basic medical supplies out just in case, and only the lights that are needed are currently on. That's everything."

With a proud smile on her face, Blue made her way behind the front desk, where she had a small blow-up mattress, a blanket, and a pillow waiting for her. Setting her keys on the desk, Blue took her place on the mattress and attempted to get some sleep.

Not ten minutes after Blue Cross laid her head down, she was stirred from her sleep by a loud bang. Springing up from her mattress she looked to the front door. Only to see that it had been kicked in by a pony she knew well. Prism Blot stood in the lobby of the clinic with another stallion slung across his back.

"Blue! I need you help with this guy pronto!"

Blue's head was swimming with questions. Why did Prism come I with a stallion on his back? Who was that stallion? Is he really so bad that he couldn't wait till morning? Despite all these questions, Blue's job came first. She ran out from behind the desk and gave Prism instructions.

"Put him in room 1. I'll be there soon." With that both ponies took off down the hall. While Prism stopped in room 1, Blue ran a little further. She stopped in a room further down the hall. There she grabbed everything she thought she might need. Basic medical tools, gloves, a mask for her muzzle, a oxygen mask for the patient, and a roll of bandages. With her supplies in tow, Blue quickly arrived. In room 1 to find that Prism had placed the Pegasus stallion on the bed-table and was waiting for Blue.

"Prism to wait in the lobby."

"What! But I can help. Maybe I can...."

"NO! He looks like he's in bad shape. I can't have anypony getting in the way. Now go wait outside."

Reluctantly Prism nodded and left the room, making his way to the lobby. There he sat on one of the plush chairs and wait desperately for Blue to finish her work.

****************

Prism opened his eyes slowly. He had fallen asleep shortly after retiring to the lobby of the PUCC. Prism sat up and turned his gaze to the clock hanging above the hallway that lead further into the clinic. 6:45am. It was almost midnight when Prism got there, and he slept for early 7 hours while waiting for news on the injured pony he found. Quickly Prism got jumped off the chairs he was resting on, and stretched his limbs. before venturing into the hallway, Prism looked around the lobby. He noticed Whirlwind laying down on some chairs nearby. She was snoring quietly and was drooling a bit. Prism chuckled and then walked though the hall toward exam room 1. He was about to enter when a quiet feminine voice stopped him.

"Not yet Prism. Our patient is still sleeping." Blue Cross was sitting on a chair nearby. there was blanket on the floor near the chair and she was levitating a mug of coffee in front of her.

"Why not? I need to see if he's ok."

"He is ok, trust me. Sure he was little banged up but nothing that I couldn't fix."

"I guess I shouldn't be doubting your skills as a nurse now should I?"

"Trust me, This is nothing compared to what I had to do in order to fix you up. I mean how do you fracture a rib just by flying."

"G-force, that's how."

"How can you fly fast enough to generate enough G-force to actually break...."

Blue's sentences was cut short by a soft moan coming from the the exam room. the two ponies immediately ceased their conversation and entered the room. They were greeted with the sight off a bright orange Pegasus moaning and pressing his hooves to his temple. once he noticed he had company he spoke.

"Where am I? What happened?"

"So cliche." Prism's comment was met by a firm hoof to his side. Courtesy of Blue Cross.

"Please ignore Prism. My name is Blue Cross. What's yours?"

The stallion thought for a bit before answering. "Flare Blitz. My name is Flare Blitz."

"Well mister Blitz, do you remember anything from last night?"

"I remember walking through the Everfree forest. I can't remember why but I was. Then I saw......something and nothing after that. What happened? And why can't I remember anything?"

"You were pretty beat up when Prism brought you here."

Flare glanced at Prism then turned his attention back to Blue. "How bad was I?"

"Well," Blue said while levitating a clipboard up to her face. "You had 1 broken rib and two others were fractured, your right foreleg was dislocated, you had lots of cuts and scrapes all over your body, your right wing is sprained, and your left with is broken. That means no flying till your better."

Flare look at Blue with expressions that looked to be a mix of disappointment frustration.

"Well then what am I supposed to do then. I'm can't fly and I'm stuck in some town I don't even know. I live in Cloudsdale, I can't take a train to Cloudsdale."

Prism spoke up for the first time since he entered. "I think someone in town has a hot air balloon. I bet you could borrow it and get home."

"Two things. First, I don't do balloons. I just feel.....uneasy about them. Second, even if I got home, I would confined to my house. Pegasi have to fly almost everywhere in Cloudsdale since the city is on multiple clouds."

Prism felt stupid for not thinking of that since he spent most of his time in Cloudsdale for work. "Oh right.....sorry."

Flare just groaned and took this moment of silence to examine his room more thoroughly. As he looked around his expression changed to one of confusion. "Where's my bird?"

Blue seemed confused now. "I'm sorry, what bird?"

"My bird. My bird that never leaves my side."

"I'm sorry you didn't have a bird with you when you came in."

Flare now look angry. So angry it was like he was ready to commit murder. "What!" Flare turned and pointed at Prism. "You, what did you do to my bird!"

"What are you talking about?"

Flare was furious now. He reached out with his left hoof (Which was nearest to Prism). "You listen to me hot-shot. That bird hasn't left my side since I got him. I know for a fact that he was with me in the forest. You were the one that brought me here so you must have done something. Now I'm going to ask you again, Where the buck is my bird."

Prism was trying to formulate an answer. Luckily his wife beat him to it. "I know where your bird is." All eyes shifted to Whirlwind who was standing in the doorway to the exam room. Flare looked at her with that upset expression, but he spoke in a softer tone.

"What. What did you say."

"I know where your bird is. It was hurt pretty bad as well so I brought it over to a friend who knows everything about animals. She'll take care of it I promise. Now, can you please let my husband go?"

Flare thought for a bit before speaking. "Fine, but mark my words. If anything happens to Nova, somepony's gonna pay." With that Flare released Prism, who walked over to thank his wife.

"Thanks babe, I completely forgot about the bird."

"I know, you tend to forget things when you get caught up in the heat of the moment."

Flare turned to speak with Blue, who was currently looking over his x-rays.

"So, what do I do know?"

"Well, your injuries shouldn't take to long to heal. Your wing and your rib will take the longest. Other then that you should be fine. I'm going to go ahead and keep you here one more night just to be safe. If your alright after that, then we'll get you situated in town. Sound good to you."

"Fine." Flare groaned. "But Nova should be fine by now. I want him here as soon and physically possible."

"Of course."

With that said, Prism and Whirlwind decided it was time to leave. It was just after 7am. It was Saturday so the couple had work off. As they walked to the front door of the Clinic they saw another mare walk in. She was an older mare, with a snow white coat and dark red mane. Prism and Whirlwind recognized" her as the mother of the other nurse in the Clinic.

"Oh, Prism Bolt and Whirlwind? Please don't tell me Prism got hurt on the job again. I may have to start charging you more every time you come to the Clinic."

"Oh no Nurse Red Heart." Prism spoke shaking his head. "I'm fine."

"Well then what brings you here. Checking up on Blue for me?"

Prism started trotting to the door with his wife close behind. "Not exactly." Almost the second the two pegasi stepped out the door they heard yelling from inside the clinic.

"I told you I feel fine I don't need a physical. Get that glove off your hoof."

"Please mister Blitz, It standard procedure for new patients. We need a physical before we can enter you into the system."

"If I NEED a physical at least wait till a stallion doctor gets here."

A new, slightly less feminine voice joined the conversation.

"We don't currently have any stallion doctors, but perhaps I can help."

"Alright Blue mane, put that glove back on and lets get this over with."

Whirlwind turned to Prism and spoke. "Think he'll be alright?"

"With both Red Heart and Blue Cross there?"

As they walked away they heard more yelling from the clinic.

"Ok, I thinks that's enough girl.....wait what are doing. A stephiscope? Oh no I don't do those. My heart beat's fine just go and put that thing.......*AHHHHH* sweet Celestia that bucking thing if really bucking cold!"

"I think he'll be just fine."

Author's Note:

Ha, Finally done with chapter 2. Please comment and tell my what you think. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. Now hiring grammar Nazi's. If you would like to help me edit my stories please send me a message. Trust me, I need the help.