• Published 23rd Oct 2014
  • 1,324 Views, 23 Comments

The Value of Trust - Phantomslayer230



5 years ago, Prism Bolt's life changed forever. But now, when a injured pony finds his way to Ponyville. Prism and his friends will have to teach him the value of trust.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,324

Chapter 4: Friendship is hard

After Flare got settled in his hotel he decided to get some rest. The faster the days past, the faster he could go home. He awoke the next morning to sunshine, singing birds, and knocking. Wait, knocking? KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. Somepony was frantically hammering their hoof on Flares door. Flare's pet phoenix Nova flew to the door, looked through the peep hole, and flew back to his perch next to Flares bed.

"Nova is it Prism?"

Nova screeched loudly and nodded his head. Flare got up from bed, walked to the door, and opened it.

"What time is it?"

"Ummmm, half past ten."

"Erg, it's to bucking early. What are doing here?"

"Well i just thought you might like me to show you around town before you completely shut me out. Just in case you need to go someplace."

"Fine. I guess that's not a bad idea."

Flare looked back into his room and gave a sharp whistle. Afterward Nova flew over and perched himself on Flares back. With his companion in tow, Flare followed Prism outside and into town. As they walked, Flare only thought of one thing. "A tour through the town? This is going to be real bucking rich.

As the two pegasi walked through town, Flare got a good idea of where things were. He always was good at remembering directions. He saw town hall, the Ponyville Clinic, The Carousel Boutique, Princess Twilight's castle, And around noon they arrived at their final destination, Sugar Cube Corner.

"What is this place?" Flare asked as he looked over the gingerbread looking structure.

"This my friend is Sugar Cube Corner. Home of the tastiest treats in all of Equestria."

Flare smirked and walked past Prism up to the front doors of the candy store. "I'll be the judge of that."

Prism and Flare walked into the large candy store and trotted up to the front desk.

"Hello Mr.Pierce, How are you doing today?"

"Ahhh Prism. Good to see you again. Well I can't say I enjoy getting older then I already am but things are going well."

"Good to here. Anyway, I'm showing Flare here around town and I thought he might like a snack."

Before Pokey Pierce could say anything, Candy ran downstairs and right up to Flare.

"*GASP* You must be the new pony in town. My name is Cotton Candy. My mom and dad run Sugar Cube Corner."

"No offense ms. but i would like to try one of your treats so I can go home and nap."

"Say no more." Candy then began pulling Flare to a nearby booth and Prism followed suite.

"MOOOOM!" Candy yelled toward the kitchen. "I NEED THREE OF YOUR BEST CUPCAKES ON THE DOUBLE!"

Pinkie Pie trotted out from the kitchen with a try on her back. The try held three cupcakes. "Already done Candy."

"Thanks mom."

Flare turned his attention to Prism for a moment. "These people are weird."

"Yup they are. But you get used to it."

"Well, Go one try one." Pinkie was hardly able to contain he excitement. "It's a new recipe."

Prism and Candy each grabbed a cupcake and started eating. Their reactions were the same.

"MMMMMMM Oh sweet Celestia these are delicious mom."

"Ms. Pie, no matter what you do you always seem to surprise me."

Flare looked grabbed his cupcake and looked it over. "Oh come on. There is no way these can be THAT good."

Nova hopped off his back and took a small bite of the cupcake. Nova then extended his wings and floated to the floor with a look of bliss and satisfaction on his beak. Flare just looked at Nova in shock.

"No way. It's not possible." He took a quick bite and instantly his face lost all emotion and he fell into a trance. A trance in which he lost all feeling in his mouth save the delectable taste of the sugary treat he just consumed. "Wow." was all Flare could say.

"*giggle* I see you enjoy my cupcakes as well." Pinkie smirked

"I told you they were the best." Prism stated with a sly smile on his muzzle.

Flare didn't respond since he was trapped in his own little world of sweet tasty bliss. "Oh my goodness this is amazing. You know maybe the people here aren't so bad. Their actually pretty nice. Maybe I could even consider Prism a friend." Flare train of thought came to a sudden halt due to his previous thought. "WHAT? Nononono I can't do that. Not everything that has happened. I can't do that to me, or to them. Flare quickly rose from his chair and started toward the door.

"Well thanks for the treats Ms......Pie was it? Prism thanks for the tour. It was nice meeting you candy. But I have to head back to my hotel."

Prism was surprised. He thought he was finally getting through to Flare. "What? Why?"

"It's my business, not yours." Flare gave a sharp whistle and Nova flew to his back before Flare took off down the road at full gallop.

Prism watched with dismay as the stallion ran further and further away. "Dang it. I thought we were getting through to him."

Candy came up behind with similar feelings. "Ya. You were right Bolty, he is a tough one."

"So, what now? Do we just give up?"

"No Prism. No we don't. You see I may have failed, but their is one pony who can't possibly fail." Candy concluded my looking back to her mother who was walking back into the kitchen.

A wide grin spread across Prism's face. "Candy, you are a genius."

Author's Note:

Short chapter this time around. But now things will get interesting.