• Published 23rd Oct 2014
  • 1,320 Views, 23 Comments

The Value of Trust - Phantomslayer230



5 years ago, Prism Bolt's life changed forever. But now, when a injured pony finds his way to Ponyville. Prism and his friends will have to teach him the value of trust.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,320

Prelude: Catching up

Author's Note:

My first (and hopefully not last) contribution to the Kilalaverse has officially gotten underway. This chapter is pretty much just summing up key events from Storm Wardens that you need to know in order to understand the story. Although I highly recommend you check out Storm Wardens as well the three story's preceding it. They are amazing and they will make this story all the more enjoyable.

So now that that's out of the way. Let's get going shall we. Hope you guys enjoy, and feel free to give me any feedback. It will help me make improvements in the fututre.

5 years. 5 short, incredible years. It has been 5 years since Prism Bolt, the eldest son of Rainbow Dash and Soarin, had his entire life turned around. 5 years ago, he was attending a Wonderbolt's show in Manehatten, with his parents, his little brother, his brother's friend Pixel Bit (the daughter of Sweetie Belle and Button Mash), and his childhood friend and new marefriend Whirlwind. During the show, a large storm rolled in and threatened the safety of every pony there. That is when it all started. Prism and Whirlwind got to work looking for ponies who were caught in the storm, and getting them to safety. This was when Prism discovered what he truly wanted to do in life. During their search, Prism found a young filly. Alone and trapped in the storm. Prism and Whirlwind got the filly to safety, and the look in the little ones eyes was all Prism needed to see. After the storm, Prism learned that many of the Wonderbolt's had no idea what to do in the situation they faced. Therefore, Prism founded a new team of fliers. The Storm Wardens. This group was similar to the Wonderbolt's, however the Storm Wardens would be specially trained to handle any and all emergencies that Equestria may face. And Prism was at the head of this organization, because ever since he saved that little filly. He learned that this was his passion.

But that's not all that happened 5 years ago. During the storm in Manehatten, Prism's mother Rainbow Dash was injured, and his younger brother Icy Storm blamed him for it. However, with consolation from Icy's friend Pixel Bit, Icy learned that he blamed his brother because he wasn't acting like himself. In fact, Icy didn't really know who he was. He had spent his entire life changing his personality to appeal to others, and he never fond out who HE was. So, after his brother Prism founded the Storm Wardens. Icy Storm decided to travel Equestria, and discover who he truly was. And he was accompanied on this journey by his new marefriend Pixel Bit.

But one more thing happened to Prism 5 years ago. He got married, to the love of his life. To his childhood friend, turned marefriend, turned ex-marefriend, turned best friend, turned marefriend again, Whirlwind. Prism proposed to Whirlwind shortly after asking her to join the Storm Wardens......and pulling off the edge of Cloudsdale and toward the ground. The two of them got married shortly after and the couldn't be happier. Shortly after their wedding, Icy and Pixel set off on their journey and they haven't been back home since. Now, Prism and Whirlwind worked in Cloudsdale. Managing the Storm Wardens, as well as organizing various appearances, seminars and training sessions all over Equestria. In addition the two of them train most of the new recruits. Despite being long and difficult, the two of them love being able to work together on something they both love.

Deapite working in Cloudsdale, the couple decided to live in Ponyville. As it is where they were born and where they grew up. Shortly after they got married they bought a house in town and settle down until the Wardens got going and now that was, their days consisted of waking up and the crack of dawn, flying to Cloudsdale, working till dusk, flying back home, sleeping. Luckaly they now had enough Pegasi working for the Wardens that they could take the weekend off.

5 years had gone by so fast, and yet, it has been the longest 5 years of Prism's life. Everything changed. He created a organization to help protect ponies, his brother left home, and he got married. Times sure had changed, and they were still changing even now. Claire and Illusion got married. As did Red June and Valiant Heart. Starburst and her coltfriend Starfall were thinking about it to. Yes times certainly had changed. But much was still the same. Everyponie's parents still lived in town and they were all doing fine. Prism's parents were still considered to be the best fliers around despite their age. Twilight was taking on more royal responsibilities, Applejack still worked on the farm, and town has stayed pretty much the same. Yet more change was coming, and the only people who were along it's path now. Is non-other then the Pegasus couple flying toward Ponyville after a long days work in Cloudsdale.