• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,613 Views, 36 Comments

Fixing Flashlight - Neroson40



Flash has Amnesia and is trying hard to remember anything for Twilight's sake.

  • ...
19
 36
 1,613

Station

Author's Note:

If you disliked this story simply because it was Flashlight... I Implore you! Please give it a little more chance than that! If you dislike it because it's cliche, give me a chance to change your mind and i may surprise you. but if you dislike it for any other reason besides inaccurate military portrayal, please share it with me so that i may heal the wrong I've done.

I got off the train in Ponyville, having no clue where to go from there. Yeah I had the address on my wing but I couldn’t read it… in hindsight maybe it should’ve been on my hoof. My new armor was in my bag along with all my belongings which included a letter from Shining himself. I still couldn’t believe that he had me so high up on the ladder in just a month.

“Here’s some money for the ride, and here’s your satchel for taking everything you have,” Shining said, as I prepared to get on the train to my new station.

“Where’s Twilight?” I asked.

“She already left for Ponyville,” Cadence, Shining’s wife said. I was dumbstruck did they tell her that I was coming home with her? “She didn’t want to torture herself anymore, apparently.”

“If that’s the case… wouldn’t sending me there be a bad idea?” I asked.

“Are you questioning orders soldier?” General Glimmer said. She looked at me with a knowing smile, like she understood that the transfer was personal.

“No ma’am,” I said with a smile. With a renewed enthusiasm, I got on the train and headed for Ponyville.

I was starting to wonder what good Enthusiasm was when you had no idea which way was forward. Finally somepony approached me, a pink pony with puffy hair.

“Hi! Can I help you!?” she said.

“I’m looking for Princess Twilight Sparkle, any idea where I can find her?” then her face changed from happy to… worried.

“Um… you might not be able to talk to her at the moment, she came home two days ago crying, she hasn’t been out of her castle since. Won’t even talk to me or the rest of her friends.”

“I just need her to sign something… oh…” I realized that I might’ve been the cause of the tears. Oh well, no going back now. “I just need to get to the castle.”

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” She took me to where I needed to go. “I wouldn’t bother to knock if I were you. She won’t answer herself.”

“I need this!” I yelled. I was getting tired of the negativity. I knocked when she didn’t respond. A small dragon opened the door, purple and green about seven by the look of him.

“Can I help you Mr.…?”

“Sentry… Flash Sentry,” I said. I pulled the transfer papers out of my satchel and showed them to him.

“You’re the colt that Twilight’s crying over aren’t you?” the dragon said.

“Just read the papers,” I said. He took them and gave them a look.

“Heh,” He said. “This should be interesting” he turned up the stairs. “Twilight! It’s important!”

“Spike what could be so important that-” she stopped when she saw me. “hi.” She said.

“I was stationed here as a Master Chief for your guards,” I explained. “It was Shining’s idea I thought it’d send you-” I couldn’t finish before she rushed down the stairs and gave me a bear hug. “I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have hurt you like that.”

“But I deserved to know you didn’t remember me…” She let go of me. “Uh, so, why were you here again?” The Dragon, Spike held the papers up to Twilight and she read them. “That’s…”

“Impossible, I know…” I said. “Your brother pulled a few strings to make sure I got over here, for medicinal reasons of course.”

“Medicinal?” the pink pony behind me asked. I almost forgot about her. “What Medicinal reasons?” I looked out for a joke and saw an apple orchard.

“I heard your apples have multiple benefits for a pony,” I said. She looked confused. “What’d ya’ think, should I go for a comedic career?” at that she let out a small chuckle.

“With what Pinkie said on top of that, what medicinal reason are you here for?”

“Shining thought that the familiar surroundings would remind me of who I am… with your help of course,” she looked confused at the “familiar” part. “I grew up here until I was recruited.”

“Oh! I see!”

“So you gonna show me around?”

“The castle?” Twilight asked.

“The town. Or we could do it your way and go through the castle first.”

She decided to show me around the town first. For some reason she kept a little bit of distance from me. I wished she’d at least hold my hoof or something… (Figure of speech) I hadn’t put on my armor so you could say it looked a little… I don’t want to say it. Besides, small town like this? I heard that small crimes like theft were almost unheard of here. I doubted I’d be doing a lot of my job right.

“That’s Sweet Apple Acres, where my friend Applejack and her family harvest apples,” Twilight directed my attention to the Orchard I saw earlier. “That’s Sugar Cube Corner, where the Cakes make sweets and Pinkie Pie plans parties,” she pointed to a cake-like structure that Pinkie was sitting in front of. “Over there’s Rarity’s, She’ll make an absolutely stunning outfit for anypony,” there was a mare in the window who actually paid attention to her outward appearance, sewing together two pieces of fabric with unicorn magic. “That’s Fluttershy’s Cottage by the Everfree Forest, she takes care of the animals in this region,” there was a Pegasus feeding all the animals within fifty feet of the house.

“This place is nice…” I said.

“Remember anything yet?” Twilight asked.

“Gain weigh!” A voice said from above me. I turned around to see who it was only to have her slam into me at thirty miles an hour. We crashed into the nearby creek. Everything was mildly hurt. “Sorry,” the voice said from between my front legs. I looked down to see a blue Pegasus mare with a rainbow mane-cut. She was looking up at me and I gotta say… it was weird.

“Well if I remembered anything it’s gone now,” I sad as a joke. But Twilight was not laughing she was cringing at the sight of something. I looked wherever she saw it… and noticed that my wing was dislocated. “HOW DO I NOT FEEL THAT!?” I yelled.

“Let me help you with that,” Twilight said. She helped me to my hooves and used magic to sling the wing back in place.

“Again… sorry,” The Blue pony said.

“It’s fine,” I assured.

“Twilight, you gonna introduce me to your male companion?”

“Oh! Rainbow Dash, this is Flash Sentry, Flash this is Rainbow Dash.”

“Nice to meet you,” I said sticking out my hoof.

“You too,” She clopped hers to it.