• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,605 Views, 36 Comments

Fixing Flashlight - Neroson40



Flash has Amnesia and is trying hard to remember anything for Twilight's sake.

  • ...
19
 36
 1,605

Fighting

Author's Note:

P.O.V. Twilight Sparkle

I never thought that there would be a Foil to the Elements of Harmony. Then again, the thought that the forces of Chaos would be threatened by the forces of Harmony never occurred to me. When Flash rushed out of that place, the girls, Shining, Guardian Ventus, and I went after him, only going back to my castle to see if he was there when we couldn’t find him in the forest. We rushed in the front door, and Spike lunged on me when he saw me.

“Twilight! You’re okay!”

“We’re all okay Spike!” I said. “Has Flash been here yet?”

“No… he left a note saying you were in trouble, and that he was going to see if he could help. I haven’t seen him since.” This was disconcerting. “Why? What happened?” We didn’t tell him, he is still a baby after all. and even Shining was shocked by what happened, if the oldest one in the room were scared from it, I didn’t want to think about what it’d do to a baby.

“Tenebrae, is there anywhere that Flash could go that you know?” I asked. Tenebrae appeared out of a shadow.

“I don’t know what he went through.” He said. “I stole his memories, I didn’t read them.”

“So there’s no way to know where the boss is?” Guardian Ventus asked. Tenebrae looked at him with a one eyed smirk.

“When Flash needs to use my power, he will. And I’ll be able to know where… when he does, that is.”

“So, we just need to wait,” Rainbow Dash said.

“Well, if we need to wait, I’ll just see myself out,” Ventus said.

“Whatever for?” Rarity asked.

“I have some business with the Wonderbolts to take care of, I’ll be back by the time you need me.”

“YOU KNOW THE WONDERBOLTS!?” Rainbow shouted. But when he was quiet and she started bombarding him with questions about them, I put a hoof on her shoulder to stop her. she asked what I was doing, but it occurred to her right then, He didn’t want to talk about it. But there was some form of recognition in her eyes when she did shut up, and she didn’t speak again until he was gone, Riding on an incredibly strong air current towards Cloudsdale.

“He’s… an odd one alright,” I said.

“Sugarcube?” Applejack asked Rainbow. “Y’alright?”

“Oren…” I heard Dash whisper.

“What?”

“That was Soarin!” a tear rolled down her face as she said that quietly.

Two days went by from then and Tenebrae still had no idea where Flash was. I went to talk to him about something that was on my mind since Flash… did that.

“Tenebrae… how do you know Flash will use your power?”

“He has before,” Tenebrae said. “And he always realizes how much the world needs him.”

“This happened to him before!?” I don’t remember anything like this in any of Flash’s stories about himself or from anypony who knows him.

“Not to Flash specifically,” Tenebrae said. “It’s always hard to explain this to you, because no matter how many times I do, and no matter how long you remember, you always have to be told again.”

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Have you ever heard of ‘Reincarnation’?” after I nodded my head, he continued. “A soul is basically recyclable, and so is its history in its most basic hindsight. The Elements of Harmony didn’t choose you girls to be the spirits, just those who possess your souls, as we, the Elements of Chaos, chose Flash Sentry, Soarin and four others based on their souls. This isn’t the first time the holder of Flash’s soul had to deal with the fact that he took someone’s life, even in self-defense. What they always learn is that weapons aren’t tools for ending lives… they’re for saving them.”

“What if this time is different?” I asked. “What if this time, Flash doesn’t learn that!? What if he doesn’t accept that he has to kill to save lives!?”

“Just like Archania,” Tenebrae said, I guess he was talking about me, or someone I used to be. “The only way for that to happen is if he were no longer needed. And that would be unthinkable.” I didn’t get where he was going with that. It was right after he said that when he shuddered. “Finally! He’s using it!”

“Where!?”

“Appaloosa, I think that’s the name of the general vicinity… Oh? He’s not alone!”

“Who’s there with him!?” I really hoped it was a royal guard.

“Guardian Ignus, the master of the flame!”

I gathered the girls together, though Rainbow was a little hesitant after the whole Ventus/Soarin thing. Tenebrae got a message out to Ventus, Soarin’s Element to get him here.

Soarin did show up, but he wasn’t welcomed as happily as I would expect from Dash, they were foalhood friends from what I remember her telling me.

“Soarin,” I said, he tensed up. “We don’t have our Elements of Harmony, we can’t help you get Flash back, but we can help you keep everypony in the area alive, so we need you to fight.”

Soarin didn’t look at me. He just held Rainbow’s menacing glare with a look of complete sorrow. But he did manage to respond when he turned to me.

“Vent says that the Elements of Harmony almost have their connection to the Tree of Harmony restored. Once that’s done, you’ll be able to help in any future conflict.” I wasn’t entirely sure what he meant by that. But the next thing he said wasn’t for me. “You might not be my friend anymore, but I’m still yours.”