• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,604 Views, 36 Comments

Fixing Flashlight - Neroson40



Flash has Amnesia and is trying hard to remember anything for Twilight's sake.

  • ...
19
 36
 1,604

Deceased

When the introductions were out of the way, Twilight noticed that all the animals by Fluttershy’s Cottage were running amok. The Pegasus, Fluttershy I guess rushed up to us and asked for help calming them down. Twilight and I help with all the ground animals, and Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash took care of the birds. When it was finished Fluttershy looked Rainbow Dash in the eye and scolded her to next week. I chuckled a little at this, which got Fluttershy’s attention.

“Twilight!? You’re out of your castle!” Fluttershy said.

“Yeah,” Twilight said. “Something came up.” She gestured to me.

“Hi…” I said. Something clicked in Fluttershy’s eyes and she started to look mad.

“You’re the one that made Twilight cry for so long in the first place aren’t you!?” she shouted. “Why would you do that!? What did Twilight ever do to you!?”

“In my defense you don’t know how I hurt her… do you?”

“Wait… you’re the one who didn’t remember her!?” Rainbow Dash yelled. I was getting tired of these assumptions

“I didn’t even remember my own name!” yeah, that shut them up. I calmed down a little before explaining further. “And that’s how I made her cry, I told her I have amnesia. Not necessarily outright, but… yeah, hit me.”

“What?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Hit me, right here,” I pointed to my cheek. They turned down the offer.

“So, you made her cry… by having amnesia?”

“Well, I made her cry by telling her about it,” I explained everything I remembered.

“Your brother told you not to see him… and you still went to see him?” Fluttershy asked. “I mean, no offense but, why would you do that?”

“I just… had to,” Twilight said. “You’d do it to if it were somepony you loved.” I kinda spaced out after the conversation took a turn to Twilight. How did I end up in the Infirmary? How did that bump (which was now gone) get on my head and how did it result in amnesia? Where was I before this happened? “Flash?”

“Huh?” I looked at Twilight and everypony was looking at me like they were expecting something. “Could you repeat the Question?”

“Isn’t it a little weird that we haven’t run into anypony who could have any idea who you are? I mean you grew up here before you were recruited so there must be somepony, right?” add that to the list of two mysteries. No, I didn’t even see anpony calling themselves family. Where were they? Did they still live here? Or did I even grow up here?

“Yeah… that is weird…” I said.

“You’ll see them again!” Rainbow Dash said. “I know it!” That cheered me up even though I wasn’t really depressed.

“Yeah.”

Twilight went to sleep late that night and I got busy looking through the library of the castle. I knew it was late, but I just had to find my family, my friends, somepony! I found something in the newspapers of the last ten years, this happened six years ago… I guess I would’ve been ten when this happened… that was when I got recruited… right? I read the Headline and suddenly felt my breath catch in my lungs.
Catastrophe Fire Takes Thirteen Lives
The names of the ponies lost didn’t ring any bells, but this got me thinking… what if I joined the Guard because of this “Catastrophe Fire”? I had to find out more, I looked in the Ponyville family trees and found my name… and my sister, Starlight, and my parents. My sister was in Canterlot according to this tree, but what really caught my attention was my parents’ addresses… the mark didn’t have a city, street, or home number… it read “Deceased” for both of them. A door opened and the dragon I met earlier, Spike, walked in.

“Flash?” He said. “What are you doing here?... What’s wrong?” I touched my cheek and it came away wet. I was crying… the only living relative, the only person who knew anything about me was far away from where I thought she’d be… I put the paper next to the book, and two of the names matched my parents’… my family was ruined by the fire… six years ago. Who else did I know in the fire? Was everyone gone? Was it my fault!? At that thought I started to cry uncontrollably.

“Hey! It’s alright!” Spike said. “Just tell me what happened.” Then, I assume, he looked at the table in front of me. “Sweet Celestia… Flash I’m so sorry.”

“You weren’t the one who started the fire… right?” I joked to make myself cheer up a little… it worked for a second.

“No! I wasn’t even here then! I meant… my condolences.”

“Big words,” I said. Spike smiled.

“I know I barely ever use them so remember it.” I was starting to forget my pain, but then it came right back to me and I nearly threw up. Spike put his hand on my shoulder. “Don’t worry, if there are any friends of yours out there, you’ll find them.” He looked determined at this statement.

“Heh…. Thanks.” I was just starting to smile but the tears were still coming.

“C’mon let’s get you back to your room,” he said. I followed him back to the room that Twilight had cleared out for me. All that was in there were a bed, a dresser, and a desk. On the desk was the satchel with my belongings in it. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes as sleep and tortured dreams took hold of me.