• Published 11th Oct 2014
  • 1,612 Views, 36 Comments

Fixing Flashlight - Neroson40



Flash has Amnesia and is trying hard to remember anything for Twilight's sake.

  • ...
19
 36
 1,612

Distrust

Shining was a little hesitant to believe me, but if somepony came to me and said that Starlight or my little brother, First Base, had been kidnapped, I would check or start searching. I didn’t even know I had a brother before Tenebrae took my memory; Sunny’s parents didn’t want us visiting him so she erased our memory of him when they took him from us, because of the will. I swore to myself right there, in Shining’s office, that when this whole escapade was over, I would try to find my Aunt Blujay and my Uncle Play Maker to find out why they did this to me.

Shining had no choice but to do what would come naturally to a brother. He called one of the messengers in and wrote something down.

“Hey Cross,” I said to him. When he recognized me as a different side to Flash Sentry, he just greeted me back, suspecting that we didn’t have time to talk. He took the paper that Shining finished writing on, and left. I did get a glimpse of the receiver’s name, Mi Amore Cadenza. Hours ago, I wouldn’t have had a clue who that was.

“I would’ve come to you and Twilight with the good news regarding my wife’s… health state later,” He said. “But it can wait, I’m starting a search party for Twily, and you’re going with us.”

“Us?” that was when the letter hit me, what it could’ve said.

“I will be leading the party personally.” A million questions and twice as many points against this idea filled my head instantly. I started with the first of both categories.

“Couldn’t you just send someone you trust more than me to lead the team and report everything to you!?” Shining just looked at me with a serious glint in his eye… sometimes it scared me how dedicated he could get.

“If you really are Flash Sentry, there is literally nopony I trust more than you when it comes to my sister. Since I can’t be sure you’re really Flash Sentry, I think it’s necessary for me to see for myself if you have my sister’s safety in mind.” His lack of faith was really starting to annoy me.

Later, Shining had Col. Shiner, Gen. Glimmer, Corporals Overload, Crystal Gem and Jet Stream meet us in front of the castle.

“Men,” He said. “This creature claims to be Master Chief Flash Sentry. And according to Chief Sentry, Princess Twilight Sparkle has been kidnapped. Normally, I would leave the leadership of this search party to him, as there is nopony I trust with her wellbeing more than him… but I’m still not entirely convinced that he is who he says he is, and will be leading you six personally.” Shining turned to Tenebrae and asked him a question that I just realized then he could’ve known. “Where do we start looking?”

“There’s a cave at the southernmost point in the Everfree Forest that has been charted by any Equestrian,” Tenebrae said. “My brother, Ventus, says we start there.”

“You’re telepathic?” I asked.

“That explanation is a long and hard one, but basically I’m the only one who can talk to them at such a distance, so yes.” I decided to drop it.

“Alright, we know our destination,” Shining said. “Let’s move out!”

It might have something to do with the fact that I was now on two legs instead of all fours… but the Everfree Forest felt… smaller than when I last went there as a kid. Granted I grew a little in my Pony body since then, but I was much bigger than I was in that thing so I had to guess that that was the reason I was ducking a lot.

“Why don’t you just use your sword to cut the branches?” Tenebrae asked.

“My what?” he pointed to the handle of the plank on my waist. I pulled at it, and something came out. It looked like the blade of a very long cooking knife, only there was something between my fingers and the blade, and there was some sort of serrated teeth in the middle of the back of the blade. “It looks… dangerous.” I said. It did, it looked like it could seriously hurt somepony. Then a worse thought came to mind… what was this thing meant to do!?

“The original sword was made as a means of ending another creature’s life,” Tenebrae said. “But this one is special; it won’t hurt anything you don’t want it to. Using that kind of magic to your advantage will take some time to master… for you.”

“What about anypony else?” I asked.

“If they’re another member of the six Guardians of Chaos, he can’t even pick up your weapon; he’d be too busy with his own. But if anyone outside the Guardians tried to use it they wouldn’t do anything but harm.” Comforting thought. “The way ahead gets tangled with dead branches and vines, according to Ventus; maybe you should take point to clear them.”

“Captain!” I shouted to Shining. “I think I should go first from here out.” Shining looked at me, causing everyone in the line we’d formed to look back as well.

“What do you mean, Sentry?” he asked. I held up the sword to help explain.

“Ventus says there’s dead brush up ahead that I can clear with this thing. It’s gonna be really hard for me to do it from back here.” I suppose Shining realized I had a point. He told everyone to break their stride and let me come up front. I saw that Ventus wasn’t kidding when I reached the front of the line. Instinct told me to swing the sword to actually cut the dead plants. My… arms were getting tired of swinging the heavy piece of metal when we finally reached the cave. There we met Ventus and apparently the one he chose.