• Published 23rd Mar 2015
  • 9,091 Views, 130 Comments

Kingdom Hearts: Friends of Harmony - indigohue



A new world, new people, new places, and new evil that plans on taking over the world. It is up to Sora and friends to band together and stop the evil from taking over Equestria.

  • ...
14
 130
 9,091

A Not So Normal Hearth's Warming Story

It's that time of the year again. Where merriment and cheer fill the hearts of all the people in the world, and little kids rejoice to know that their favorite holiday is vastly approaching. Everything about this holiday screams relaxing by your loved ones near an open fire and just counting all the blessings that you have. Yes, of course I'm talking about Hearth' Warming, but ever since Sora and Roxas came to Equestria, there's also another name for this time of the year. Also, like other holidays, there are many songs associated with it, and the people of Equestria were all set to learn them. So, how about we begin this story in none other than the capital of Equestria itself, Canterlot. The people of Canterlot love this time of year, and this year happens to be special to a certain purple haired bookworm who appears to be walking out of the castle in a purple sweater with a white fur trim as music begins to play.

[Twilight Sparkle]
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy New Year

Twilight then starts to walk through the Royal Gardens and notices how the snow gently caresses the flowers and trees.

Day one: time to get my list in shape
Christmas is around the corner
So much to do, not a moment left to wait
Have to get it done before the holidays are here
It's that Christmas time of year
So everybody sing
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy New Year

With a smile on her face, Twilight goes through the main area of Canterlot and is amazed at all of the beautiful lights and decorations that surrounds her. She excitedly looks through all of the kiosks.

Through the streets of boutiques
Picking out the perfect presents

Twilight started looking around to see what her friends would want as gifts.

Every shop, have to stop
Try to find the perfect gift

She then proceeded to go pick up a tree from a seller who was stationed on the edge of the city.

Now the tree has to be
Just the perfect one – that's it! That's the one!


Every light shining bright
Starting from the base to tip

Twilight then used her magic to create a bright star to put on the top of the tree.

As she said this, she saw this elegant white dress that was previewed in the window of a shop.

Have to bake, decorate
Now I need the perfect dress – a success!
Oh, no, I can't be late
I've got Pinkie Pie's party date
Where everybody sings
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy New Year

Twilight stopped in the middle of town and sat down on a bench as she took in the wondrous sights of the holiday.

People caroling, singing songs we know and love
Music fills the air, rising to the stars above
Watching snow, reading by the fire
Family close, stockings hung with care
Outside those people singing merrily
Listen close as they start to sing
[Twilight Sparkle and Carolers]
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy New Year

As Twilight started heading back to the castle, she couldn't help but think about the people that she had the privilege to spend this time of the year with.

[Twilight Sparkle]
Time to stop and count my blessings
Put the craziness aside
Christmas only comes around once a year
And every year fills my heart with pride
When everybody sings
[Twilight Sparkle and Carolers]
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
And a happy... New... Year

Twilight entered the castle and saw that the entrance was decorated in hearth's warming attire. From bells, ornaments, to wreaths on the wall, the castle was beautiful from head to toe. Twilight gazed in awe as she took in the entire scene. "Who did all this?"

"Pretty great huh," Rainbow said as she flew down towards Twilight.

"Rainbow, did you do all this," Twilight asked.

" Nope," RD said as she landed right beside Twilight. Everybody lent a hand decorating the castle."

" I'm glad Princess Celestia decided to have a holiday party here at the castle," Twilight said. "With everything that's been going on lately, a get together with everyone is just what we need, and by looking at entrance, it seems everyone is really excited for it."

"Trust me, you haven't seen anything yet," Rainbow said as they walked towards another entrance. "Wait until you see the main room." Rainbow pushed open the doors to the main room, and it was as if a winter wonderland was inside.

"What.....is all this," Twilight said in awe.

"A sight to behold isn't it," Princess Celestia said as walked towards Twilight.

"Princess Celestia, how did you do all this," Twilight said.

"Having an unlimited source of powerful magic from the cosmos, bringing winter inside is an easy feat," Celestia said with a smile. "The rest of your friends have spent an ample amount of time enjoying the festivities."

Twilight looked up and saw a gigantic spiral slide made of snow. She saw Pinkie sliding down with her hands in the air and screams of joy.

"This........is..........Awesome!" Pinkie shouted as she continued sliding down to the very bottom. Pinkie made it to the end of the slide and started running towards her group of friends. "Twilight, you have got to try the slide it's the best thing ever!"

"I'll make sure I get to it then Pinkie," Twilight said with a chuckle. "So, where is everyone else?"

"Probably out last minute shopping for gifts," RD said. "They should all be back before the party starts."

"Just knowing how big our circle is, I hope it doesn't take them all day," Twilight said.

"Don't worry about it, they can take care of themselves," Rainbow said. "Now, while we wait, who's gonna help me and AJ make the cider in the kitchen?"
****

Walking around the Canterlot main area, Sora, Roxas, and Ed split up from the rest of the girls while they shopped for their gifts.

"Wow, Canterlot's even more festive than Ponyville," Sora said as he looked around at all the decorations.

"Of course it would, it's the capital of Equestria," Ed said.

"It looks like everyone pretty much enjoys it to the fullest," Roxas said as he looked around the building and streets and saw nothing but decorations. "As long as everything stays peaceful for once, it'll be a great day for everyone."

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Sora said. "Alot of things have been happening that we need to take care of. But, just like the Princess said when we first met, we shouldn't spend our entire time thinking about those things. We may miss out on important things, no matter what they may be."

".....So, we have to get gifts for someone else,huh" Ed asked. "I wonder what I should get? I wonder what she would like that's different."

"She?" Sora and Roxas said at the same time.

"It's nothing never mind," Edward quickly dismissed.

"Hmmmm, is that so," Sora slyly asked. "Ok then, I guess I gotta figure out something too huh? "What about you Roxas?"

".....Come back to me on that," Roxas said with his hand in his pockets.

The three guys looked at each other, and all at once, gave out a deep sigh.
****

Sunset, Fluttershy, and Rarity were already inside of a store shopping for gifts.

Sunset was looking up and down the store for something of interest, but she just couldn't see anything that was eye catching.

"You see anything Sunset," Fluttershy said.

"*sigh* no, not really," Sunset said. "I don't see anything interesting, but I was never good at getting gifts anyway. What about you?"

Fluttershy shook her head in disappointment. "I don't know if they would like anything in this store."

"What would you even get for a keyblade wielding monster fighter," Sunset asked.

"Girls, what do you think about this dress," Rarity asked her friends as she was wearing a red and white outfit that was cut slightly above her waist with a red shirt and white legging to match. "I think that it's quite festive." Rarity looked at her friends and noticed how frustrated they looked. "Goodness, honestly are you still having trouble with picking the right gift?"

".....Yes," Sunset and Fluttershy said.

"If you want the gift to be just right it has to be something that you generally thought of yourself. Something authentic, not a knick knack from a kiosk," Rarity said. The store clerk overheard her comment and looked at Rarity with an angry expression. "No offense by all means."

"I guess your right," Sunset said.

"Luckily, I may know of a place that has the perfect gift for the both of them," Rarity said as she grabbed Fluttershy and Sunset's hands and led them out the store.
****

"Ugh, this is insane," Roxas said as him, Ed, and Sora began walking out into the snow.

"Christmas was never this hard back home," Sora said. "But, I never really shopped for anyone before."

"I wonder if she would like one of my swords," Ed said to himself. "But that would mean I'd have to clean the blood off of it."

"This is tougher than I thought," all three of the guys said.

"Pssssst Pssssssst over here,"

The three guys heard this strange sound and wondered where it was coming from.

"Over hereeeee," the strange voice whispered.

Sora, Roxas, and Ed walked towards the sound of the voice and found themselves in an alleyway.

"Finally, it took you three long enough,"

The three guys looked behind them and saw Discord floating in midair.

"Discord?!" The guys shouted.

"The one and only," Discord said as he summoned a crown on top of his head.

"What are you doing here," Ed asked with a serious tone.

"What, can't a god of chaos show up for a good Hearth's Warming party," Discord asked. "But, it looks like something interesting is about to happen to our three known heroes."

"What do you mean by that," Roxas asked.

"It seems to me that you three are in need of gifts for tonight's party," Discord said. "And I'm not going to say who it is, but trust me, I know who you all want to get your gifts for. So, why not be the friend I am and assist you, because you're not doing so well right now."

"We could use a little help," Sora said while he scratched his head.

"Lucky for you, I know exactly where to go," Discord said as he summoned a map to his hand. This map leads you to a place called the Crystal Caves. More than a hundred assortments of different crystals just there for the taking. That would make a great gift. But, I must worn you, that these caves are known to be dangerous,"

The three boys looked at the map simultaneously. After analyzing the map, Roxas and Sora received a sudden burst of energy.

"So, these caves have untouched crystals in them, and there's the threat of something dangerous that wants to attack us," Sora excitedly asked.

"Just tell us where to go Discord," Roxas said.

"These guys are insane," Ed thought to himself.

"Well, if you're sure about this then," Discord snapped his fingers and in a flash, they were all teleported into an open field.

Discord began talking as if he was a tour guide. "And, if you look to your right, you will see the Crystal Caves. Marvelous, yes I know."

"Well, if this is the place, what are we waiting for," Sora said as he began walking inside of the cave.

"Does he just blindly walk into any place," Discord asked.

"Basically," Roxas said. "And somehow it works for him.....most of the time."

"The keyblade works in mysterious ways," Discord said. "No matter, shall we move along?" As Discord said this, the rest of the group decided to catch up to Sora who was already in the cave.

The cave was barely visible as the group continued deeper into it.

"So, Discord, what was that part about more than a hundred assortments of crystals lined up just for the taking," Roxas sarcastically said.

"Patience, child, patience, we're closer than you think," Discord said. "Just remember to keep quiet. You don't want to wake up what dwells inside these caves."

"Speaking of that, what's so dangerous about this cave anyway," Ed asked.

"From what I know this is just a fairy tail, but deep within this cave, and usually at the dead of night, loud screams could be heard from inside," Discord said. "no one knows what it is, but they say that the closer the screaming, the closer you are to the crystals."

"And, who told you this information Discord," Ed skeptically asked.

"This information is older than the Princesses themselves," Discord said. "The person who told me this, has most likely passed. I wonder if they were yet another victim to the Crystal Caves."

As the group continued walking deeper into the cave, a loud scream could be heard. The guys stopped dead in their tracks and began looking around to see what made the scream. Sora summoned his keyblade, and looked to Roxas and Ed, giving them the look that told them to be on their guard. Weapons in hand, the guys started carefully treading toward the direction they heard the scream. As they continued, Sora quickly put a hand up telling the group to stop. They listened and started hearing light footsteps. Then the footsteps started getting louder and louder until.....

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

The guys looked and noticed that what made the loud scream was actually Rarity. Before Sora could say anything, Rarity had ran directly into him.

"Rarity, what are you doing here," Sora asked. As Sora asked this, he could see two more people coming his way as well. "Is that, Sunset and Fluttershy? What's going on?"

"Can't talk, just keep running!" Sunset shouted at Sora.

Sora, utterly confused, tried figuring out what was the problem. It didn't take long to figure out what the girls were screaming about. A few seconds later, what came peering around the corner was a sight of horror. A giant being, with eyes glowing red, horns on top of his head, and a very muscular body. It was standing on two legs, but its entire existence was that of a beast.

"What is that," Roxas asked.

"Just as the old poet said, a being part man, and part bull," Discord said. "That, is a minotaur, and if you look around its neck, it has a crystal necklace."

"Yeah, so what," Roxas said.

"That crystal will lead you to where the other crystals are," Discord whispered.

"Can't you just, magically teleport it off of him or something," Ed said.

"Now, what would be the fun in that," Discord said as he started to float towards the girls. "Now, I'll let you handle the minotaur, and I'll make sure nothing else tries to attack us."

"Really, so we have to fight this thing," Ed said. "Oh, well, it's just gonna end badly for him." Ed clapped his hands together and summoned his spear to his hand.

The minotaur let out a blood curdling scream and rampantly charged towards the three guys. With its massive physique, it punched the ground near them, causing it to shatter from underneath them.

Ed quickly used his alchemy to keep the ground from falling apart. He looked up and saw that the minotaur was dead in his face ready to attack. In an instance notice, Roxas used his keyblades to slice at the beast's legs, causing it to stagger. Sora then used Strike Raid, as he threw his keyblade towards the minotaur. It hit the beast in the back of the head, and like clockwork, Roxas placed Oathkeeper in the ground next to Sora, jumped to get the Kingdom Key, and made one quick slice down the minotaur's back. The minotaur started falling towards the ground in defeat. Ed walked up to the minotaur, and grabbed the crystal that was around its neck.

"That was easier than I thought it would be," Roxas said.

"Really, then you should pay attention to its second wind," Discord told the three.

"Second wind?" the guys said simultaneously.

"Oh, I didn't tell you, oh how irresponsible of me," Discord sarcastically said. "Let's just say, that you might want to find the Crystals before the minotaur wakes back up, because it's not going to be a pretty sight."

"Then let's keep moving," Ed said as examined the crystal. "So, uh, how does this work?"

"*sigh* Let me see the crystal," Discord said as Ed handed him the crystal. He placed his finger on the crystal and loud ring began bouncing off the walls of the cave. A few seconds of silence came, and then a passage started opening on the side of the walls. "Through the caves deep inside, a hidden treasure you will find."

"So, when did you start making riddles," Sora said.

"I still wonder how the keyblades chose such wielders," Discord said.

The group began to follow Discord deeper into the tunnel that the crystal showed them.

"So, ignoring the minotaur attack, how did you guys know we were here," Sunset said.

"We didn't, we just happened to find you three here," Roxas said. "Better question would be, what are you three doing here?"

"We could ask you the same thing you know," Sunset answered back.

"Oh, come now you two, it's too early for a lover's quarrel," Discord jokingly said. "If you really want to know Roxas, I told them to come to these caves just before I told you about the caves."

"You didn't tell us about it, Rarity did," Sunset told Discord.

"Rarity was in on it the entire time, she really did a great job," Discord said.

"Rarity?!" Sunset exclaimed.

"I'm sorry dear, but it was really for a good reason," Rarity said to Sunset.

"Why would you do that Discord," Fluttershy asked.

"Because, this kind of irony doesn't happen regularly," Discord said. "Think about it. I tell you both of you about this cave. There's only one thing about it that sparked all of your interests. Now what do you think that interest was?"

"You guys came in here to get crystals?" Sunset asked.

".....I guess it's not really a surprise anymore," Sora told Roxas. "But, we've noticed that throughout our time being here, you've been there for us since we've met. We wanted to get you something meaningful you know, so we came to get you a crystal so that you could wear it as a necklace."

Sunset and Fluttershy stood there speechless from hearing Sora's words, and they just knew it was true.

"My, my you two, are your faces going to turn any redder?" Rarity said to the other girls. "Well, I guess I'll be the one to say that their reason for coming to the caves too was the exact same reason, but instead of necklaces they were going to get them as bracelets."

"Alright, Alright, enough of this, and how about more of that," Discord said as he pointed towards the edge of the tunnel where the crystals were present. All sorts of arrangements of colors from reds,blues, to pastels and vibrants. The group was mesmerized by the beauty of the caves.

"Well, don't just stand there, you must've forgot the minotaur is still a threat," Discord said to the group. Sora decided with a pink crystal, Roxas, a red one, Sunset, a white one, and Flutershy, a blue one. Rarity decided to use her magic to pick plenty of crystals, and Ed didn't seem that interested in the crystals. After a moment of searching and getting everything together, the group of friends decided that it was time to leave the cave.

"Alright then, let us be off," Discord said as he snapped his fingers, but to the surprise of the group, nothing happened. "Ohhhhhhhh no."

"Why the, 'Oh no'," Sora asked.

"Remember how I said that we might want to leave before the minotaur wakes back up?" Discord said. "Well, remember that second wind that I was talking about? That second wind blocks all use of outside magic from within the cave."

"What kind of second wind is that," Ed exclaimed.

"Look, I told you all about the minotaur, now I say we exit this cave before the minotaur comes," Discord said as he started walking towards the cave's exit.

Discord didn't get far, as he was stopped dead in his tracks by a big shadow quickly encasing him. The minotaur from before jumped right in front of Discord and his anger seemed to have increased since the last fight. Instead of brown fur, it was a bloody red, and in his right hand was a giant cleaver. Discord saw this, and quickly ran back towards the group.

"How about I let you three handle this again," Discord said to the guys.

Wait, we can help too," Sunset insisted.

"No, Discord said that outside magic doesn't work in this cave, and it stopped a god of destruction's magic," Roxas said as he summoned his keyblades. "Leave this to us, it'll be quick."

Sora and Ed summoned their weapons and prepared for the 2nd fight with the minotaur. They knew that there was no room for mess ups this round. One wrong move and that could be it.

Ed quickly used his alchemy to summon stone pillars from the ground to attack the minotaur. The minotaur took a few hits from the pillars, until it caught one with its left hand and dragged it from the ground. With the pillar in its left hand, the minotaur slammed it down with all of its might. This caused pieces of the ceiling to collapse above the group. Sora and Ed quickly cut down the collapsed boulders, but a scream could be heard from the girls as the ceiling was about to collapse on them as well.

With only a second to spare before the rocks made contact with the girls, Roxas came and saved them from the falling debris.

"Alright, I had enough of this the first time," Roxas said as he vanished away his keyblades, and unsheathed Two Became One. "Let's get this over with. I can't use Incursio because of the Minotaur and this cave, but that doesn't mean I can't use it in it's base form."

Roxas dashed straight towards the beast, ready to fight it head on. The minotaur lunged his cleaver at Roxas, and he evaded the attack. Roxas stabbed the beast in its wrist and turned his sword around, breaking its wrist. With a cry of pain, the minotaur used its left hand to push Roxas from in front of him. Roxas slid back to the walls of the caves, and hit it with powerful force. He started to catch his breath from the attack as he looked at the minotaur. "It's gonna take more than that!" Roxas summoned Oathkeeper and threw at the minotaur, which it easily dodged. But, it wasn't the point for the blade to hit the beast. It was so that Sora could catch Oathkeeper.

"Ed, springboard!" Sora said. Ed quickly placed his spear in the ground as he let Sora put his feet on the neck, and launched him in the air. The minotaur reached to grab Sora out of the air, but this is what Sora wanted. Sora stabbed the beast in the hand, and quickly started scaling across its arm. Sora reached to its shoulder, jumped off, and dug both keyblades into its back.

Ed smiled at the beast as it fell to its knees. Ed put his hands in front of each other and began to charge lightning in his hands. He channeled enough energy where a ball was formed. "Let's see how you like this!" Ed threw the ball of energy towards the minotaur, and as it made contact, only the scream of the minotaur and an explosion was all that could be heard. Blinding light stayed in the cave for a few seconds as the ball of energy started to fade away. Everyone opened their eyes and saw that the beast was gone, and all that was left was the horn. Edward picked it up and started grinning ferociously.

"ALRIGHT!" Ed screamed victoriously. "That minotaur didn't know what it was messing with! Alchemy, 1, Magic, 0! Just think of what I can do with a minotaur horn, it's gonna be great!"

"Yes, yes, alchemy is the building blocks blah blah blah how about we leave this place and head to the castle hmm?" Discord said as he snapped everyone back to the castle. "At least, with the minotaur gone, people can come and go out of that cave for as long as they want.....that is until the next one comes. Now, if you will excuse me, I have something to fashion for you all."

As Discord vanished from the group, Rainbow Dash quickly flew over to them in a hurry. "You guys, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!

"It's a long story Rainbow, you see we went to these caves and," Sora started but was quickly cut off by Rainbow.

"Ok,ok,ok, I get it, whenever something involves you and Roxas I don't even want to know, I'm just glad everyone is safe, now stop wasting time, and get a cup of cider people!" Rainbow shouted. "It's the holidays."

Pinkie saw her friends and quickly ran to them with open arms. "And with the holidays comes great music. HIT IT BOYS!"
****

So, at the very end, through everything that happened today, everyone still has a big happy expression on their faces.
But wait, what about the crystals?

"Alright, I've finished them," Discord said as he handed the necklaces out to Sunset and Fluttershy, and the bracelets to Sora and Roxas. "I also may have made necklaces for everyone's favorite colors as well."

"Discord, you didn't have to do all that," Fluttershy said.

"Well, what are friends for Fluttershy," Discord humbly asked.

"He's gotta point," Sora said.

"In that case, thank you Discord," Fluttershy said as she gave Discord a hug.

"It's no problem at all," Discord said.

Twilight looked over from where the band was playing, and saw how everyone was having a great time. "Happy Hearth's Warming, and Merry Christmas." As she turned around, Twilight saw that Edward was in front of her holding out a book with different shapes and symbols of hexagonal drawings on it.

"This is a book about Alchemy," Ed said. "It's basic enough that a grade schooler can understand it, so you shouldn't have any problems reading it."

Twilight looked at Edward in surprise.

"What, you wanted to learn more about Alchemy, here you go," Ed said sternly as he looked away.

"Are you giving me a gift Ed," Twilight asked.

"It's not a gift," Ed gritted. "It's just.....something for you to study with. So, yeah, happy holidays and all that." Ed began to quickly walk away from Twilight not giving her anytime to say thank you.

"He gave you a gift I see," Celestia said as she stood right beside her. "You might want to look inside of it."

Twilight opened up the book, and was surprised to see a purple crystal connected to a rose gold rope.

"I haven't seen him open up like that to anyone before you and your friends came along," Celestia said. "You must have let quite an impression Twilight."

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight bashfully shouted.

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," Celestia playfully said. Celestia then looked to her friends and family that were all there enjoying the party. "Happy Holidays everyone!"

"HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"

Twilight looked back down to the necklace, and a heartfelt smile on her face, put the necklace around her neck. "Happy holidays everyone."

Author's Note:

Happy holidays to all of my readers. Christmas, Kwanzaa, the whole nine. This is a time to be with the fam and your friends. Enjoy it. From Tennessee to the world, Happy Holidays.

- Namaste