• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 1,632 Views, 14 Comments

The Shy One - TheBluWaffle



Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash go through some tough times as young fillies in flight school.

  • ...
3
 14
 1,632

Chapter 1-Every Story Starts Somewhere

Chapter 1-Every Story Starts Somewhere

When did all of this start, I was trying to remember. It should have been carved into my mind, the first time I saw Fluttershy cry. That wasn't the first incident that happened, but it wasn't a good incident. This whole chain of events started at a place called...flight school. Ah flight school, a place where young Pegasi learn to spread their wings and learn to fly. Ha, I remember when one of the instructors said that on our first day. Flight school is fun, I mean, where else could I have learned such epic flying skills? This was the only place, or at least, the only place that I know of. If there are other schools like this out there, well I sure hope they would be as good as...

I'm getting off track here. Flight school is fun in that aspect of "learning to fly", but sometimes, when that aspect is gone and we actually have to go to school, then, sometimes, things could get a little rough. Especially for Fluttershy.

I was the cool kid...to most. There were a couple of guys who always called me Rainbow Crash and it would really tick me off, but besides those three idiots, I was pretty popular, especially when I did the Sonic Rainboom for the first time. Fluttershy however, was a different story. She was shy, sensitive, and she could barley even speak. Her voice was always a tiny whisper that was almost inaudible. Sadly, she got made fun of for that, and everything else. She never really understood why they were making fun of her, but I could tell, deep down, that it was starting to eat her up. She always tried to play it cool and go along with it, but when the remarks and the harassing got to a certain level, that's when things started going really wrong. She would storm off the scene in tears while the kids were laughing at another pony's insults. Why did they have to be so mean, was always Fluttershy's question, and I never had a logical answer for it. It made her feel down. Nobody liked her, nobody cared. Nobody took in the fact that she was the most sensitive Pegasus at the school. They never realized how much it hurt her, inside and out. Like they ever noticed her pain, they never cared anyway.

I remember one time, she had stormed off to a bathroom, and I followed her. I could hear her soft sobbing as I entered the doorway. She had locked herself in one of the stalls. I raised my hoof to knock, but I hesitated. Maybe I should just let her cry. No...she needed someone to comfort her. I knocked on the stall door.

"Fluttershy? You okay?" Stupid thing to ask. Of course she wasn't okay. She was being harassed yet again.

She sniffed. "N-No...I'm not...how would y-you feel if you were...bullied like this...e-every day..." Her soft voice whispered. She started sobbing again.

I frowned. I always hated seeing her this upset. I also never wanted to see her cry, it always pained my heart, for some reason. I thought of ways to cheer her up, and I thought of something...

"Fluttershy, how about you come to my place after school. We could have a little talk. Maybe...I could cheer you up..."

After a moment of silence, I could hear the lock click, and she opened the door. She tried to wipe the tears out of her fuzzy eyes.

"D-Does it have to be...a-after school?" She asked.

I was...surprised, to say the least! I had never heard of Fluttershy ditching school, but, this was different. I could tell she wanted to prevent from getting bullied by any means necessary. I contemplated the consequences. You know what? I'm Rainbow Dash. I can take the risks that come along with it.


"No, it doesn't. Come on, we can leave right now. We have about 10 minutes before lunch is over." I said. She nodded and we headed out.

Author's Note:

Chapter 1. Rainbow Dash finds her friend sobbing in the bathroom, and she asks the blue Pegasus to help her in a risky way,