• Published 28th Aug 2014
  • 439 Views, 35 Comments

Princeps Contentiones - Haffnium



Discord's son was unknown to Equestria... Until now

  • ...
8
 35
 439

Chapter 1

Proteans finally came back to reality. He couldn’t remember where he was or anything after running away from that Ursa Major. His eyelids felt heavy, every breath hurt his lungs and he had pain all over his body. He suddenly heard the clopping of hooves. A stabbing pain ran through his body and he forced his eyes open to look around.

He was surrounded by ponies of all different colours. A purple unicorn was in the corner and she seemed to be ordering everypony else around, There was a pink one jumping around like a loony, handing the others first aid equipment. A white unicorn was in the corner decorating bandages with flowers. A blue pegasus was flying around trying to get various books on first aid. And an orange pony with a Stetson was trying to figure out what each of the different needles the pink one gave her had in them.

A slamming sound came from the other side of the room and Proteans painfully turned his neck to see a cream pegasus walk through the door with a white earth pony who seemed to be a nurse close behind.

“Ok Twilight where’s my patient?”

The purple unicorn that was supposedly called Twilight pointed at Proteans and the nurse came over

“Ah this will take a lot of bandages to fix up. Thanks for taking care of him girls.”

“It ain’t no problem Nurse Redheart. We trust try’d ta keep him alive till ya got here.”

“And it’s a good thing you did, he would’ve died from blood loss otherwise, judging by these wounds. If you girls don’t mind, I’d like to treat my patient now can you be a bit quiet?”

The nurse was about to set to work but before she did, Proteans realised that she couldn’t find out his secret and bucked her in the chest before she felt his wing.

The pain was unbearable but he managed to get on his legs and limp out of the door, his entire body writhing with pain as he staggered down the streets

“WAIT MISTER,”

He heard Twilight shouting after him, but continued anyways, picking up pace. Before he knew it, he was far away from the
treehouse he’d just escaped from. His problem now was that he needed somewhere to rest and heal his wounds. But where?

After what seemed like hours of agony, he found himself at a small barn. He slowly opened the door and when he was certain nopony was in there, limped in before collapsing on a bale of hay. After laying there for hours, he woke up to a surprise welcome.

“HI THERE MISTER!”

The sudden sound made Proteans jump, but he soon recovered and looked up, which was a choice he regretted because his wounds still hadn’t healed, and some of his cuts had some hay forced into them during the night. His eyes met those of a young filly with a big bow in her mane.

“Oh sorry, ah mean hi there miss, I just thought because you have the same build as a stallion that”

Proteans groaned “The first one was right”

“Oh really your face looks like a mare’s. Well hey there mah name’s Applebloom”

“Proteans”

“No mah name’s Applebloom. A.P.P.L.E.B.L”

“No” said Proteans cutting in before she could continue “I meant MY name is Proteans.”

“That don’t sound like a normal pony name.”

“I’m not a normal pony.”

“Ya can say dat again.”

“Oh thanks.”

“Don’ mention it. So why ya sleepin down here?”

“I ain’t got a house.” ‘OH NO’ Proteans thought to himself, ‘ I’m going to pick up her accent’!

“Ah should probably tell mah sister Applejack ya down here.”

“Nah I’ll go if you want.”

“Nah it’s fine Applejack’ll probably let ya stay here for a while till ya can get a house.”

“That’d be nice.”

“Ah’ll go get her.”

He waited for what seemed like an eternity before they came back and Proteans was shocked when he saw the face come round the corner.

“Howdy… Wait ah remembers ya you’re that stallion from last night at Twilight’s.”

“Howdy and yeh I am.”

“Why d’ya have ta attack Redheart? What did she do to ya?”

“I can’t explain.”

“Why not.” Applejack forgot all about the wounds and nudged Proteans in the side

“GAH” Proteans collapsed to the ground in pain. He eventually got up

“Ah’m so sorry I didn’t mean ta-“

“Don’t worry I’ll be fine just don’t do that ever again.”

“K ah’ll try mah best ta remember.”

“Thank you now if you don’t mind I think I’ll go before you forget again.” Proteans reached for his Stetson and was shocked it wasn’t there

“Where, where’s my-“

“Hat? We all decided to give it ta Rarity to look aftah.”

“Rarity?”

“She’s dat white unicorn from last night.”

“And she’ll be where?”

“She’ll be in her shop in town.”

“Thanks Applejack it’s been great meeting you.”

“Good ta meet yah mister...umm.”

“Proteans.”

“Good ta meet ya Proteans.” Applejack spat in her hoof and reached out, Proteans did the same and they shook hooves before
Proteans walked away

“Hope ah’ll see ya around Proteans.” Applejack said as he walked away. She felt there was something special about that stallion but she had no idea what it was.

“Hey big sister.”

“Yes sugarcube.”

“Yawl right? You’re as red as those pink mare apple ya like so much.”
Applejack realised she had been blushing all the time she’d been talking to Proteans. But this didn’t help because she just started to blush even harder

“Ah think somepony’s gotta crush on the new guy.”

“I DO NOT!”

This just made Applebloom fall backwards with laughter. And as Applejack said those words she wondered whether Proteans felt
the same.

It was a struggle but Proteans eventually got to the shop Applejack was speaking of. He didn’t mind saving ponies, but he almost never had to speak to the people he met. His nearly 1000 years with Celestia had taught him manners, so at least he knew how to be respectful. Problem was that when he was with Celestia he normally couldn't speak to anypony except for the two princesses until Celestia had finally managed to successfully turn him into a pony, but by then he had to go to school so the only normal adult he spoke to was his teacher. The truth was he wasn't use to conversation or being around anypony else.He'd always lived in solitude and once he'd got his hat back he'd return to his old life.

And never return.

Author's Note:

if you find any mistakes or don't understand anything point it out it'll be a big help oh and how have you put up with this story so far it's terrible xD what is wrong with you people