• Published 28th Aug 2014
  • 439 Views, 35 Comments

Princeps Contentiones - Haffnium



Discord's son was unknown to Equestria... Until now

  • ...
8
 35
 439

Chapter 0

“SPIKE!” Twilight was now yelling at the top of her lungs, just where was that baby dragon? ”SPIKE,” she called again knowing it was hopeless. He obviously wasn’t in the library or anywhere close by, considering how loud she’d been shouting.

Suddenly she heard the door opening and Rarity entered with Spike sleeping on her back. “Sorry If you needed him, but he insisted on staying to help me with this large order that came in but sadly he couldn’t stay awake long enough, the little cutie.”

“Thanks for bringing him back Rarity.”

“Don’t mention it. I really need to be going now; Sapphire Shores needs this order by tomorrow so I have to run.”

“Ok Rarity, thanks again for bringing Spike back.”

Twilight turned to the sleeping dragon and decided to leave him and find the books she was looking for by herself. It hadn’t helped that Rainbow Dash had crashed into the library when she was trying to find it earlier, causing her to have to clean up and re-organise EVERYTHING.

It took her a while, but she eventually found the black leather book she’d been looking for. She opened it up and began to read, her eyes rapidly scanning the contents.

She finally found the article she’d been searching for and began to read, trying to piece things together in her head.

Almost as soon as she had started reading she heard Spike coming down the stairs

“Hey Twilight, what are you doing?”

“Trying to figure something out”

“What is it?”

“Well, 2 decades ago in the Ponyville Schoolhouse, there was a colt who was endlessly bullied by everyone in his class because he not only had a blank flank, but also had an incredibly feminine face. Eventually somepony stood up for him but by then it was too much. The taunting and teasing angered and depressed him so much he suddenly lost it. Nopony knows what happened then but when Celestia arrived the sky was pitch black over Ponyville, even though it was the middle of the day, Schoolhouse was made of chocolate, the students all had carrots for legs and there was a huge crater where the colt was. Skip forward 15 years and you come to this.”

She magically placed a report about a break in to Celestia’s castle, written by Shining Armour on the table.

“Look at this Spike.”

He began to read aloud to himself his eyes widening as he went along.” On the 27th of September an unknown, dark teal unicorn without his cutie mark broke into the castle by creating an impenetrable darkness to cover his tracks before working his way up the building to Celestia’s room. He locked the door so nopony could enter but nothing seemed to happen. Nopony could break through the door but they could hear what was being said inside. Celestia seemed to be quite calmly talking to the unicorn and saying that 1000 years ago Discord had created an egg from rock. When Celestia and Luna sealed Discord into stone, this egg was found next to him. It seems Discord needed an heir to continue his reign of chaos but he had been found before he could do so. Celestia now had to choose whether to take the prince in as her own or destroy it. She decided to take him in and try and give him a normal life but struggled, due to the fact his body was elongated, at the end of his arm he had a blade and on the other an eagle claw. His tail had a spike on the end, and he had two pairs of wings, one in the middle of his body and one at his flank which resembled a bat’s. It took a while but she eventually managed to make him a normal colt except for the wings, which she used a simple invisibility spell on, which she had to re-use every day to prevent them emerging again. Just as these words passed Celestia's lips a flash came out through the gaps at the side of the door, soon followed by gasps coming from inside the room. When all of this calmed down Celestia told the unicorn about a cult being formed to the north that, not only demanded that the prince of chaos be placed on the throne of Equestria, but also threatened all pony kind with destruction. The princess followed the statement explaining that the unicorn was the only pony in all Equestria powerful enough to get rid of the cult. Soon after saying this they said farewell and the unicorn then ran out of the door with a newly appeared cutie mark of a cloak on his flank.”

“Wait so you think this unicorn is the one responsible for the incident at the Schoolhouse?”

“Yes and Spike it’s called the PON3 incident.”

“Where have I heard that before?”

“I don’t know but here’s the interesting thing I want to talk to you about.”

“Which is?”

“Obscuro”

“Wait Twilight do you mean THE Obscuro?”

“I do Spike. I believe that Mr. Super Pony has a lot more hidden than we know.”

“Like?”

“1: he’s an alicorn with bat wings. 2: he’s a dark teal colour 3: he can summon darkness either by magical ability or by his darkness boom and 4: he vanished into the Everfree forest a month ago and that was when everypony stopped reporting about seeing a pony with yellow marks in his eyes, which is a unique giveaway to the kind of spell Celestia used on him to turn him into a pony.”

“So, what you’re saying is Obscuro is secretly the Prince of Chaos?”

“I am Spike and-“ Suddenly an almighty thump came at the door “what kind of mad pony would be out at this hour? Spike can you get that?”

“Sure thing Twilight.”

Spike opened the door and a dark teal unicorn fell through, his build clearly of a stallion but with a very feminine facial structure. He was covered in blood and cuts and as he crashed to the floor, his black Stetson fell off his head…

And yellow marks flashed in his eyes.

Author's Note:

yes he's an alicorn DEAL WITH IT it's my first story so give me a break will you