• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 2,871 Views, 45 Comments

The Other World - Blaze Spectrum



It's a normal day for Equestria, then, a human lying on the grass appears suddenly.

  • ...
8
 45
 2,871

The Other Dimension

It was a normal day for Equestria, especially Ponyville, ponies buying food from stalls, the busy streets full of happy ponies. Six friends, were hanging out at a tree structure. Twilight's Library. It was a normal day. But that, was all about to
change.

They were in the many hallways of the library, horsing around, doing stuff. Like staring out the window, with expressionless face, like they were now. They had their eyes locked on a certain clearing in the Everfree Forest. Their manes, blew in the wind, their fur showed no illumination. They were just admiring the view-with no expression apparently.

That wasn't something they would normally to do together, Pinkie wouldn't be able to stay still for so long but, they just stared.


Brendon felt a twirling circular tunnel around him, he figured as long as he didn't touch the sides, he would be fine. Who knew? If he did touch the sides, it would probably have the same effect as a wormhole would, he would die in a horrible way.

After what seemed like hours, (even though he was only in there for half a minute) a blank spot could be spotted ahead, seconds later, he passed through it and passed out...


The six mares were still looking out, just before they were going to look away, a blinding flash of light could be seen from the clearing, forcing them to look away. Looking back, the six mares saw a fading light, red and white traces were still present. The flash slowly faded, probably almost everypony saw it, or the traces. The atmosphere felt different, as if a object ripped a hole through space and time, and closed it just as quickly as it opened. The feeling was very uneasy.

"That was beautiful, yet mysterious," observed Twilight.
"Why is there an uneasy feeling?" asked Rainbow Dash, looking around.
"W-w-what was that?!" stammered Fluttershy.
"That ain't anythin' that's normal," Applejack said.
"I'm intrigued by this," Rarity told everypony.
"That looked awesome!" shouted Pinkie Pie in her usual enthusiastic voice. She then proceeded to jump in the air and hover than physically possible.

"Well I'm off!" Rainbow Dash shouted, and then haphazardly took off, heading towards the clearing. The rest of the ponies looked at each other, they ultimately decided to follow Rainbow.

They slowly trotted down the stone streets, the stalls at the sides were all present, and full of customers, that probably decided to ignore the flash and decide it was something like:

Oh, a unicorn decided to teleport or something.

The Main Six knew better than that, they ignored what the stalls contained as they trotted towards the gate, well mabye Pinkie Pie dilly-dallied, but apart from that, they were serious. Moving off topic, here are the stalls that they missed:

A carrot one
A soap one
A pastry one
A vegatable one

And some more things that were to much to list, after all, it was the bustling town of Ponyville.

As the gates neared, they could tell something was wrong, very wrong. The gates were barricaded. Strips and strips of ch-
ains were attached, making plenty of intersecting lines. The gate was also guarded by Pegasus Royal Guards, and they seemed to have lighter armor than usual, but longer spears. But at the gate, was also a agitated Rainbow Dash.

"What?" she complained,"That sucks!"
"Sorry," muttered a Guard.
"Celestia sensed a hole had recently been ripped through space and time, so she sent us to barricade gates all around Equestria." another one bellowed.
Rainbow rolled her pupils to the side,"Well that's a lame excuse. Anyways, how did you get here so fast?"
The Guards tapped their lighter-than-usual armor.

But just as that happened, the expected happened, Rainbow began bashing the gate.
"Stop!" the guards souted, but they were too late.
At the final, and most devastating bash, Rainbow tore an unattractive, hole in the gate, and proceeded to fly out.
The guards stood in place, speechless, that somepony managed to tear through the heavily-reinforced gate using raw power. They didn't even twitch when the five other mares jumped through the hole.

Rainbow flew through the air quickly, quicker than fire melts butter. Her mane completely swept back at the sheer speed, she would be at the clearing any second, not even thinking as her body tore through the air.

When she landed, she found that Pinkie was already there, but being Pinkie, that was normal. Some seconds later, Twilight and Rarity teleported to the clearing. About half a minute later, a panting Applejack reached the area, followed by a trotting Fluttershy. The clearing spread out for about a square kilometer, the entire reason why they had stared at it. In the middle, was something. If it weren't for a slowly rising chest that went down again, it could have been dead. It was a bipedal, humanoid, creature that wore clothes.

Looking closer, it appeared to be someone with a short, white mane on top, a green headband was just above the forehead, the body, was like a pony's but wider and had no cutie mark. Some shoes were among the feet. It perfectly matched the description of a human. But there could be another species that did so, after all, the universe was full of mysteries. But another notable thing was at his waist, were six spheres. The top side, was a light red, the bottom side, was
white. In the middle, was placed a white button. All of them seemed to be twitching, as if something was trapped inside.

The thing then rolled aside, and then, he heaved his body up.

Rubbing his eyes, he heard birds twittering, he almost expected for all the machine stuff to be a dream, but that was not true.

Brendon's vision slowly cleared, everything looked normal, except a little more cartoony and colourful. And the advanced technology was not present. Looking to the side, he saw ponies, pegasi, and unicorns. He wondered if they were new types of Pokemon.

"Hey," he said rashly."Are you Pokemon?"
The six friends looked at each other, confused. Except for Pinkie.

He almost expected for them to say something in their cry, but the truth was, the didn't have one. And much less were they Pokemon.
"What in tarnation is a Pokemon?" Applejack shouted more that asked.
Brendon, said in a uneasy tone,"Well it's complicated."
Then, he felt something hit him in the stomach, it was no more than the pink one.
"Hi!" shouted an over-excited voice."What's your name?"
Instinctively, he grabbed Rayquaza's pokeball and hurled it in the air, as it touched the ground, the ball opened, it apparently had some connection at the back, because the back stayed connected. Out came a bright burst, quickly taking the form of a dragon.

Once the white turned normal, the dragon was snake-like, green, mysteriously patterned. The pattern was yellow, and was something like lines with circles. It's yellow pupils glared at everypony, it's 22 foot long body poised to strike. Four swept
back spikes were at the rear of the head, a bracket covered a area 2 feet below the head, two arms with 4 inch long talons
were at the side. Behind that, was two fins. Futher down the body, two more brackets were present, except instead of two arms each, each one simply had four fins.

Intimidating was a understandment, the appearance of the dragon was simply menacing.
"AGGHHH!" screamed Fluttershy at the sight of a dragon.
Everypony in stared at it. But Rainbow Dash wasn't very nervous about that.

"Oh yeah," she told Rayquaza,"I'll take you on!"
Brendon wasn't sure how a cyan pony with a rainbow mane was supposed to stand up to Rayquaza.
"By the way," Pinkie blurted,"Name's Pinkie Pie, don't worry, you can trust us!"
"Uhh..." Brendon said."Name's Brendon."
Pinkie pranced away to tell everypony else about Pokemon. He wondered how could she know what they were completely
before getting any real imformation.
Looking back, by the time Pinkie was finished blabbing, Rainbow began her match.

Brendon produced his Pokedex from his pocket, since nopony noticed, he could give Rayquaza commands in peace.

Rayquaza hurled a blue beam from his mouth, basically Dragon Pulse. Rainbow dodged with ease. She then swooped to Rayquaza's head and kicked it's face.

Rayquaza angrily grunted in return, and he went as far as to go crazy, a.k.a Outrage. Some sort of fire seemed to fly around, and it wasn't green.

Rainbow was able to dodge most of the insanity, but was struck by a savage blow from on of Rayquaza's talons, sending
her flipping backwards. After that, Rainbow flew off into the air.

She was still slightly dazed from the strike, but still had clear enough sight to skim through the sky. Behind her, Rayquaza
was trailing in hot pursuit. She put both of her hooves in front and went as quick as she could, upwards.

She felt the friction rapidly increasing, sheer determination fueled her though. Rayquaza was having a difficult time keeping up with her. The drag didn't discourage her, though, eventually, came the breaking point, she cut through the air like a rocket through space, propelling her forward at incredible speeds. A rainbow shockwave spread for miles around. She then turned around and tackled him.


Brendon was amazed at the Sonic Rainboom, in fact, breathless was the right word, he wondered if it was even possible.

Which it was.


Rayquaza shouted, doubling over in the air and crashing into the ground. He tried to take off again but he had to strain.
"How could a pony pack such a punch?" Rayquaza thought.

He tried to take off again, but found that strain was to strong. Rayquaza watched helplessly as Rainbow dove at it. Then, he remembered, he bolted away in a blur.

"What in Celestia?!" exclaimed Rainbow Dash.
Then, Rayquaza came in a blur from nowhere, knocking Rainbow out.

After Rayquaza went back to his pokeball... (And Rainbow Dash regained consciousness)

"Oh," said Rainbow,"We forgot to intruduce ourselves."
"Hey!" shouted Twilight."How can we trust him?"

"Well," Brendon said."I believe Pinkie already introduced me?"
Everypony nodded.
"Well," he asked,"Is ther a town nearby?"


I know the pace is a bit fast, I just like to get stories off to a fast start.