• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 710 Views, 12 Comments

Sunny Investigations - sunnyday



Sunny Day makes new friends and gets into big problems when starting an investigations service.

  • ...
 12
 710

Chapter 0: Setting Up Shop

Sunny was just halfway walking from Canterlot to Ponyville when sun was just barely starting to peak its head over the mountains. This makes day two of walking. He'd take the train, but he wanted to save as many bits as possible so he could at least afford a place to live in Ponyville that would double as his business. All this walking was boring, and it made him doze off into his mind. It made him wonder what he was doing, why he was here, and not at home in Canterlot. It was on that one fateful day, which forced him to make this decision.

He was up at home, tending to the royal gardens when he saw smoke rising in the air. "Oh, no... I hope nopony is hurt." He said to himself. He was worrying that there might be a fire. He was worrying even more that his parents might be involved in it somehow. You see, Sunny Day never really was all that popular. He's never had any friends down there in Canterlot, only acquaintances. That made his parents really the only people in the world he really cared about. Losing them would mean losing everything. So overworked from worrying, he hurried and finished his duties and ran over to his parents house as fast as his hooves could take him. When he was just about a block away from their house, Sunny saw two stretchers being carried away to hospital by some stallions in white coats. His stomach dropped. With new-found adrenaline he sped the rest of the way to his parent’s home. There was nothing left but a charred mess and half of a wall.

After the shock of the loss, and the funeral of his parents, he discovered that it was possible that the fire was purposely caused on his house. So Sunny decided that it was time to find out who did it. He figured the easiest way to do it would be to start up some sort of hired investigator type business and let the arsonist come to him. He obviously didn't have the bits to start it up in Canterlot, so Sunny decided to move somewhere small, like Ponyville. After letting his employer know of his moving and leaving the job, Sunny set off on his way to a new home with a wagon full of his possessions.

It was about midday when Sunny finally reached Ponyville. It seemed like a nice enough town, ponies walking around everywhere, saying hello to each other as they pass by. He even saw some foals running around playing with a ball. After a bit of walking around and talking with some people, he finally found an old run-down building to settle in. After carefully laying out everything he bought and setting some things up like his bedroom and the main office, he was ready to just fall asleep instantly and rest off that long journey he took here. Just as he was about to lay down, there was a knock on his door. "Who in the world could that be?" Sunny mumbled to himself.

He opened the door and before him stood a pink filly with a very fluffy looking mane and tail. She seemed to have three balloons as her cutie mark. "Hi there! I'm Pinkie Pie! Are you the new pony who I heard was moving in?" Sunny looked at her for a moment before answering. She seemed extremely hyper and energetic.

"Ah, yes that's me. My name is Sunny Day." Sunny bluntly stated. He was tired, after all. She seemed to jump up in excitement just from hearing his name.

"OH! Wonderful! I hope you have a great time here and I hope we can be good friends!" She was smiling all over the place; Sunny couldn't help but smile himself, even after all that happened.

"Me too Pinkie. But if you excuse me, I need to sleep. I'm really exhausted from the trip here." He was hoping he wasn't being too rude about it.

"Okay, I understand. I'll be going now, see you tomorrow! Bye!" Sunny waved to Pinkie as he closed his door and made his way to his bed. It's time for a nap.