• Published 18th Apr 2012
  • 711 Views, 12 Comments

Sunny Investigations - sunnyday



Sunny Day makes new friends and gets into big problems when starting an investigations service.

  • ...
 12
 711

Chapter 6: White Noises

This was going to be a very large problem. Pickles found it extremely hard to be able to give away White Noise's plans while still retaining his little facade about memory loss. If it really had to come to it, though, he'd "remember" and tell everyone, but he hoped he could find someway to let people know. That's when it struck him, he'd use White Noise's cover-up business against them. Pickles hurried off to prepare things for the "investigation" that was going to take place at the club tonight.

---

Sunny was just lounging around on his couch waiting for something to do. Everyone seemed really busy today, but nothing is happening for him. Oh well... he thought. I guess that's just one of the downs of this job. Suddenly, Sunny heard the familiar ring of bells as the front door was open, he jumped up to his hooves and dashed into the main office grinning like an idiot. He opened the door and to his disappointment see Pickles waiting at the counter. Sunny's grin faded a little as he approached Pickles. It wasn't a job, but it was company at least. "Hey Pickles, what are you doing here, I thought your restaurant was packed today?" Sunny raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I found somepony to cover for me while I come here." Pickles looked like he ran all the way here. Something bad must've happened to him. "Listen, this is kind of important. I hear that there's a lot of kidnappings happening at this club DJ-PON3 usually plays at, except the kidnappings only happening when she's not laying the tracks." Sunny cleared his throat.

"So, you came to me for a case?" Pickles nodded. "Well, then I guess I'll be searching out this place tonight. Do you know who's playing?" Pickles levitated a small rolled up poster and handed it over to Sunny. He unfolded it and took a look.

"FREE ADMISSION TONIGHT ONLY! WH1T3'S BEST LINEUPS!" Sunny looked it over for a moment, checking the date and address.

"Are you sure it's only when DJ-PON3 isn't playing?" Pickles nodded again. "I guess I'm going to go partying tonight. If you can, could you watch things over here when I'm gone tonight?" Pickles thought for a second.

"Yeah, I guess I could. I might not be able too though if I keep getting so many hungry ponies today. I trust you'll stop by for something to eat before you head out?" Sunny was the one to nod this time. Pickles said goodbye and went back to see how Thunder was doing keeping ponies happy.

"Okay! Looks like I'm finally getting another real job!" Sunny exclaimed to himself. It was only a couple of hours before dinner, and then it was on to the club!

---

Sunny grabbed his special investigator's badge and put on a snazzy pair of sunglasses before heading out for dinner. The walk seemed to be taking far to long for him. He was getting so excited about going to go do this. Why am I getting excited, exactly? He thought. I'm going to go investigate a serious crime and I'm at the edge of giggling like a little foal? He shrugged it off as just being passionate about what he does. Sunny opened up the doors to "Hay 'N Stuff" and walked up to the counter. Everything was surprisingly empty now. It must've been some sort of lunch rush when it was packed or something. "Hey, Pickles. Give me something random, don't really care what it is as long as it's good."

"I'll give you we got left, Sunny. Everypony almost ate me completely out of supplies, ha ha!" Pickles went into the door behind the counter while Sunny took a seat at his usual table. It wasn't too long before a hay sandwich was brought out and put in front of him. Pickles sat down across from Sunny as he always does and spoke up. "Are you ready to go to that club tonight?" Pickles had a worried tone in his voice.

"Yeah, as ready as I'll ever be. Although I'm not sure what to expect, I've never gone to a club before." Pickles looked at him questioningly, but Sunny responded before he could say anything. "I've never had a reason to before. I never had much friends nor did I want to make some." Pickles gave an awkward sounding laugh.

"Oh, okay. Well, once you're done with that, you should head out before they close things up. I'd go with you, but I gotta clean this place and buy and make some food for tomorrow. Good luck, Sunny." Pickles got up and walked back into the back room. "Whew," he said. He hoped the plan would fall into place like he wanted, or this was going to get really difficult really fast. Sunny finished his sandwich fairly quickly and announced his leaving before exiting out of the mostly empty restaurant. It's time to go partying.

---

Sunny passed by the scary looking bouncer after showing the badge to him. As long as he had that badge, he could snoop around wherever he wanted to see if anything suspicious was going on. As soon as he entered the main room of the club, there was a bass drop that Sunny could feel in his chest. It was an interesting experience to say the least, he didn't think it ever got that loud in a club. He wished he could start dancing along with the nice assortment of beats, but he had a job to do. Sunny flashed his badge at another burly bouncer and went to check around in the equipment room for clues.

---

A large guardpony approached the DJ, who was taking a break from the crowd while his track played. "Uh... Mr. Love, sir. I have something to tell you." The DJ sighed.

"Please, I'm working right now. Call me WH1T3." Love flipped his black mane and put on a stylish pair of blue sunglasses. "What is it?" Love was a white Pegasus with a black mane and flowing tail. To most standards, he was a rather handsome stallion. Which was good, seeing as how his talent was making mares fall in love with him. Using music to make that happened was he strong point. The large pony cleared his throat and did his best to whisper to Love over the blaring music.

"There seems to be an investigator snooping around and I thought you might want to know." Love took off his sunglasses as his eyes widened.

"WHAT?!? You don't think somepony snitched do you? You know what, don't answer that. I just want you to tighten the guards up a bit. I wanna know everywhere this pony goes and what he does there, got it? Just let me know what happens after this is all over." The guard nodded and went off. "Now if you excuse me, I've got some mares to score." Love laughed as he went back up to the scratch table and changed records. All his female fans were jumping up in excitement as he flipped his mane.

---

There seemed to be nothing in the equipment room, just some spare speakers and some records. Sunny looked around and noticed that there were a whole lot more security placed around the room. Maybe a fight broke out while he was in there? Sunny shrugged it off and looked around some more. Everything was looking normal except for one thing, there was a single door where four guards were placed. Something told him he was not going to be able to get in there. But after he looked a bit more he noticed the bathroom was right next to there. He started to walk up there hoping that the walls would be thin enough to be able to hear something if anything. The security ponies just stared blankly as Sunny passed them and went into the bathroom, which was surprisingly empty. Sunny closed the door behind him and immediately ran up to the far wall to see if he could hear anything. What he got was even better, there was a small peephole in the wall and voices could be faintly heard coming from it. What luck! Sunny pressed his ear to the wall and looked into the hole as best as he could from that angle.

"Everything is coming along fine. DJ Love Icon's popularity is growing to a point where we could use his followers as an advantage."

"I'm glad he leaves the thinking to us, he realizes that he's just a pretty face."

"Yes, that's all good. But he's still in charge."

"Not for long. Word is, is that he's going a little soft. Got a little thing for a mare in this town, he does."

"Ah, that'll be perfect to hold over him."

"Looks like taking over Ponyville will be pretty easy. I wish we could've started sooner."

Sunny backed away from the wall, that was all he needed to hear. They're going to take over Ponyville! Sunny was just going to have to confront this Love guy and see if he can reach a peaceful solution first. If that fails maybe now would be a good time to remember how to use that sun power like he did on Dirk. Sunny hoped for a peaceful conclusion. He used his badge to be able to get backstage. Sunny assumed that Love was WH1T3 seeing as how they referred to him as the DJ in that room. Sunny walked into the backstage and saw Love at the scratch table laying a new track for everyone to listen to. When the song started playing, Love turned around to see Sunny standing there with a serious look on his face, holding his badge. Love gulped and walked slowly over to Sunny. "Are you Love Icon?" Sunny asked.

"Well, everyone here refers to me as WH1T3 but yeah, I'm Love."

"So what exactly are you doing?" Love laughed.

"Well I'm DJing of course! I'm pretty popular these days. Especially with the mares." Love gave a cheeky grin.

"Well, I was told some illegal activity may have been happening here, and, or, has already happened." Love swallowed hard and lifted up his sunglasses.

"Listen, what happened between me and her was an accident! I thought we weren't going to say anything about it!" Sunny looked confused.

"What exactly are you saying? You're not trying to take over Ponyville?" Love started to nervously laugh.

"Of course not! Well, yeah, maybe. But only popularity wise. I wanna be the premiere DJ like Vinyl Scratch is. So are you saying that you're not here about that... thing... that happened?" Sunny was starting to feel really embarrassed, but he wasn't totally convinced of what Love was saying being true. "Listen," he said. "Let me put in a fairly long dubstep song, and we talk about this over a little drink in the back.

---

Love poured Sunny a glass of punch because he didn't want any alcohol and began to explain the situation. Turns out that he's pretty serious about when he says taking over Ponyville he meant popularity wise, and that he was no way doing anything illegal. The "kidnappings" were him taking mares he likes home for some... fun. Which was of their own free will, of course. The ponies talking in the back room were his manager type ponies and they help him get new gigs and expand. Everything about this was pretty normal and explained everything pretty well.

Maybe Pickles was just being weird. Sunny thought as he left the club. He could've swore though that something strange was going on there, though.

---

"Well then, that worked pretty well."

"They have no idea what's coming."

"This is going to go just perfectly, and it's all thanks to Love."