• Published 28th Aug 2014
  • 1,971 Views, 47 Comments

Worthless Life - mlplover17



"There's no point living anymore." Scootaloo said to herself as she sat on the edge of the cliff. This was it.

  • ...
6
 47
 1,971

Depression

It was another day of school. Which also meant another day of torture. For Scootaloo. She still hung out with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle, but they barely got teased, for one reason, they got their cutie marks.

"Hey Blank Flank." said Diamond Tiara to Scootaloo, as she was walking out of school. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle had already left the school yard.

"Go away."

She walked away.

"Oh I see, you're chicken. Bok Bok."

"LEAVE ME ALONE!"

She kept trying to walk away. She didn't want to hit Diamond Tiara, we'll she did, but she was afraid she would get in trouble.

"No wonder you're parents didn't want you. Your nobody. No pony likes you. Sweetie Belle just earned her cutie mark, a purple singing note, and Apple Bloom got hers, a bucket with an apple falling into it. Guess who still doesn't have hers AND can't fly. YOU! I'm surprised Rainbow Dash even speaks to you. Any pony for that matter." said Diamond Tiara smiling, with Silver Spoon by her side.

"Then why are you talking to me?"

"So I can show you the truth hurts. Better learn now then later. See you later Blank Flank!" Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walked away laughing.

Rainbow picked up Scootaloo two seconds later.

"Hey Squirt. How was school?"

"Same as always. Boring." she said sadly.

"Are you okay? You're not as enthusiastic as usual."

"Yeah."

"Do you want to go play with Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle?"

"No. Let's go home."

"No?! Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. Just tired I guess."

"Okay then." said Dash with a worried/ confused look on her face.

When Scootaloo got home from school, she cried on her bed, until Rainbow Dash knocked on her door.

"Squirt. Are you okay in there?"

"Yeah I'm great." Scootaloo said rubbing tears from her eyes, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Can I come in?"

"Uh. No."

"Do you want to go to Sugarcube Corner and get a treat? I got your report card and you got all A's and B's."

"No."

"No? Okay I'm coming in."

"No!"

"Too late. What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Were you crying?"

"Yeah. Uh. Apple Bloom.... uh.... told me a really funny joke. Yeah. It was so funny, I.... uh.... cried." she smiled nervously. Rainbow didn't buy it.

"Come on kid. What's wrong?" she asked concerned.

"Nothing. I was just thinking about my parents again." lied Scootaloo.

"I know how you feel. Come on Pinkie Pie made a special treat just for you." Dash said smiling.

"Really?" Scoots said smiling a little.

"Yeah."

"Let's go." she said smiling, and hopping off of her bed.

"That's the Scootaloo I know." she went on Dash's back and they flew to Sugarcube Corner. Scootaloo still had the dark feelings of sadness inside her.

"There's the pony I've been waiting for!" shouted Pinkie bouncing towards a smiling Scootaloo.

"Hey there Pinkie Pie."

"Congrats on the good grades."

"Thanks."

"This is for you." Pinkie handed Scootaloo a cupcake with orange frosting and was marked with an A+ in black icing. Scootaloo bit into the cupcake.

"This is delicious. Thanks."

"And this is for you Dash." said Pinkie handing Dash a cupcake with a mare holding a foal made from fondant.

"Me?"

"Yeah. Congrats on being a mom."

"Uh. Thanks."

"Mom?" Scootaloo asked confused.

"I was waiting to tell you. Im adopting you."

"WHAT!?" she asked nearly dropping her half eaten cupcake.

"Yeah. I was going to tell you later. I signed the papers while you were at school. I hope that's okay with you."

"Are you kidding me?! I couldn't be happier! I love you Rainbow Da- I mean Mom." she hugged Dash. For a while she forgot all the hurtful words from before. They finished their cupcakes, then went home.