• Published 24th Aug 2014
  • 2,011 Views, 49 Comments

The Main Attraction - Dimentio



King Dimentio? A simple Jester? Who or what is this dimension hopper really?

  • ...
2
 49
 2,011

And So I appear

Trixie's PoV

This guy is crazy. This is too dangerous for me. I thought to myself as we walked through the middle of a minotaur clan with the many burly residents glaring.

"Well Trixie, they can't see me, so you're the only one at risk here." Dimentio said nonchalantly.

"You can read my mind!?" I asked angrily.

"They can't hear me either, so you just yelled that craziness in the middle of a bunch of pony hating minotaurs...I knew it was a good idea to give you the book." He said as cheerful as ever. "It has been quite entertaining so far."

I grunted in response as I decided that speaking would put me in a worse situation. After setting up a stage and convincing the clan leader (with Dimentio telling me what to say.) to allow me to perform here without much threat of being maimed or killed, I was finally prepared for what Dimentio claimed would be 'the greatest show of all time'.

"You're so pessimistic Trixie." He said as he floated around me.

"I really hope you know what you're doing." I whispered.

"Dear Trixie, of course I know what I'm doing. The true question is, are you ready for what I'll do?" He asked cryptically.

"I wish you'd tell me what you were going to do..." I mumbled, bracing myself for the worst.

"You should learn to be more trustful." Dimentio chastised."I believe it's time."

After a deep breath I quickly opened the curtains and walked out onto the stage.

"Hello every...minotaur?" I began...not very strongly I must admit. "Welcome to the greatest show you will ever see!"

"Booo!" A large blue furred minotaur yelled. "Ponies suck!"

"Now that's just racist." Dimentio said as he pushed me towards the front of the stage. Many of the spectators looked on with confused expressions as I seemed to effortlessly scoot forward. "I believe we have our first volunteer, if you don't mind calling him up here."

"Well, how about you get up here and prove me wrong then?" I called at him, now curious as to what Dimentio was planning.

"Gladly." The minotaur said with a smirk as he stepped onto the stage. "Your pathetic magic won't have any effect on me."

"Right...Let's test that theory." Dimentio and I said in unison. I suddenly felt him heavily influencing my magic as the minotaur in front of me was surrounded by a golden box just as the one that we had met near the border.

"Hah, smoke and mirrors, you magicians are all the same."

"Now...I'm offended." Dimentio said as a hint of mock anger overtook his smile. "I think we should introduce this guy to our other friend..."

I quickly found out what he meant as the box began to spin, parts of the blue minotaur were seemingly replaced with red. When the spinning stopped, the blue minotaur began to move around a bit as if he barely had control over his body parts.

"See? All you could do was change the color of my fu-why can't I feel my legs? or my arms? They're moving on their own! What did you do to me!?"

Meanwhile Grouh Tan was flailing in the desert as the magic from the other day replaced his body parts with almost identical blue counterparts.

"Not done yet." Dimentio said as he snapped his fingers. My horn lit up as if on command. A large plume of yellow and purple smoke covered the now mutant looking minotaur.

"What did you? What's wrong with my head!?" two voices screamed in unison as the half red and half blue head emerged from the smoke.

"It's like a puzzle!" Dimentio said with glee. I quickly found myself grinning as the disoriented minotaur stumbled and fell to his knees. Two beings that had mocked me before were being made to pay...all because of Dimentio. Perhaps I was wrong in not trusting him, he was certainly good at saving my hide.

"Fix me, you little blue bit-" The mixed up minotaur began as he was cut off by a snapping sound as Dimentio took his words literally. His/their voice raised a few octaves. "Kill...me"

"Dimentio, don't!" I yelled as Dimentio began to wave his finger. With a roll of his eyes, the magic fizzled out and the two minotaurs separated still whimpering.

"I think that should be the extent of the show." Dimentio said, obviously bored now. It was probably for the best anyway as the other minotaur were staring uncomfortably at the scene that had just transpired.

We quickly left the clan, luckily without the angry mob that had attempted to form only to be reminded of what had happened on stage...

Author's Note:

I probably should have sent this to my prereader but what the heck? I promised an update today and like to think that I occasionally deliver. Please don't hesitate to tell me if there are any issues. (the next chapter will be longer, I promise)