• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 3,019 Views, 53 Comments

Into the Blender - AnnonyMouse



The Mane Six find themselves mixed up in other's bodies.

  • ...
6
 53
 3,019

Chapter 5

Author: Annonymouse
MLP:FiM is property of Hasbro. This is a free fan-fiction, not to be sold or traded for any money, goods or services.
...
Special thanks to maskedferret for helping me with spelling and grammar.
...
PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON SPELLING OR GRAMMAR! See my profile for details
...

Into the Blender
05

...

The chase was on.

Twilight had been experimenting with different foods again.

Rice, it seemed, was on the TOP of Pinkie Pie's DO NOT EAT list... which Twilight had not thought to read just yet.

“WEEEE!!!” Twilight cried out in joyous insanity as she rushed around town, faster than what an angry Pegasus could manage, and also far more agile. “Come on Cloudy! You're better than this.” She paused as Cloud Jumper was struggling to pull her head out of a barrel she had crashed into. She pulled out a marker and drew a triple happy face on her triple cloud cutie mark, then zipped off.

So far, she had drawn smiley faces on over thirty inhabitants of Ponyville, and many were doing their best to catch her.

Pinkie Pie was scowling, not a face one should ever see on Fluttershy's face. “Rice?” She fumed. “RICE?” She repeated. “How could she have NOT read the list of do not eat foods? Seriously. Rice is like right near the very top.”

She then spotted Twilight, laughing and giggling almost maniacally as Lyra's cutie mark was suddenly adorned with a smiley face, little arms and legs, and a horn. When I say Lyra, I mean her body, currently occupied by Bon Bon.

“HEY!!!” Bon Bon cried.

Applejack finally reached the scene with Rarity. “What in Tar...” She paused, seeing the glare that Rarity was giving her. “Aww, do I have to?”

“Yes, you must. YOU MUST!!”

“Dear me, whatever is going on here?” She glared at Rarity and whispered. “Ah'll get ya for this, ya know Ah will.”

“Oh shush.” Rarity tossed her short white mane, frowning slightly at the lack of dramatic flair. “Ah, there's Pinkie Pie. Surely she can tell me what is going on.” She trotted over. “Pinkie dear, whatever is going on?”

“Twilight ate rice.”

The blue Pegasus turned pure white. “No... We're doomed...” She pulled something from under a wing and wrapped it around her flank, hiding the rainbow colored lightening bolt.

“Too late.” Twilight giggled, hanging upside down from a tree. She then tore off insanely fast.

“To late?” Rarity looked back. The cloth had... eye holes? She lifted it and saw the face, the two eyes and the mouth, making it look like the lightening bolt was sticking out of said mouth like a tongue. “Oooh...” She fumed. “This had BETTER wash out... Dashie is going to be really mad.”

“Mad?” Dash limped over, emerging from the library. “About what?”

“Oh... nothing...” Rarity grinned, then it faded. “Twilight... she...”

"She ate RICE!!!” Pinkie Pie cried.

“Yea, so?”

Applejack shook her head. “Right... of course... ya weren't... I mean... You were not here... Gosh darn it. Ah ain't talkin like you Rarity. Rice is the last thing ya wanna feed Pinkie Pie.

“Congratulations Dashie.” Twilight hugged the small Pegasus and zipped off, blowing Rainbow Dash clean off her hooves. “Wait.. what the heck was that? Twilight?”

Applejack snickered. “Nice cutie mark there, Scoots.”

“Wait, what?” Dash looked down at the baby chick drawn on her flanks. “We need to stop her... Rarity, you're more than fast enough to catch her and pin her down. You have to do something.”

“But... I don't know how to fly.”

“What? Hey! Let me go. I have to make everyponie's cutie marks even cuter.” All eyes turned to see a purple glowing 'Pinkie Pie' floating in the air. All eyes then turned to see 'Twilight Sparkle', her horn glowing the same color.

Many ponies cheered.

Twilight stared at her real body and started grinning. “Ooh, cutie mark...”

“Why is she looking at me like that?” Terra glanced at the three friends of this spaztic pink pony. “I don't like how she's looking at me...” She was starting to feel, and look, nervous.

“We gotta hogtie her.”

Rarity stared at her body. “You cannot be serious.”

“Ah am.” She reached into the silk and satin saddlebags she was wearing (as Rarity was simply adamant about not wearing leather, as it chafes her delicate coat). She then pulled out a lasso and promptly hogtied Twilight.

Everypony was staring in a mix of confusion, anger, and some even in amusement.

“Bring the little one please.” Terra did her best to regain her composure.

“I'm NOT little.” Dash yelled. She grumbled as she was lifted with 'Applejack's' magic and deposited onto a blue Pegasus own back. “This is just too weird...”

“You are lucky you are so light.” Rarity complained.

Dash just glared at Rarity, but didn't complain. Not having to walk was better than having to walk... or ride that two wheeled death machine.
...

They did not know how she had done it, but Terra mixed up something with various herbs and fed it to Twilight, who was now sitting quietly, looking somewhat calm, relaxed even. She was also burying her face in a book.

“What is that you gave her?” Pinkie Pie asked curiously.

“An herbal mix. I used to use it to knock out full sized dragons when they tried to eat me.”

“Wait...” Applejack's head whipped back and forth from Terra to Twilight. “Y'all tellin me ya gave her something that can KO a full grown dragon?”

“Of course. I heard the racket as I was returning from the Everfree Forest, asked a passerby and saw what had been done to her cutie mark. While... amusing, I figured I best stop it before it went too far and somepony hurt themselves.” She glanced at Twilight, who was actually reading at a normal pace. “Though I must admit... I am a bit on the frightened side...“

“Why would that be?” Rarity asked.

“This stuff knocks dragons out for at least ten hours... Twilight is... conscious. Rational even.”

“I am not rational right now...” She said over her shoulder. “I don't really even remember what I was doing... And all I had was one spoonful of rice...”

“Oh, I remember when I had rice that one time... I had a whole plate.”

“Please, do NOT remind me. Everypony in town had been dyed pink. Every building had been painted pink. Even the animals.” Rarity shuddered. “Can you imagine?”

Dash sniggered, then fell over laughing her tiny flank off. “Ah man. I wish I had been around to see that, watching safely from my cloud house.”

“I even got the Pegasus that were hiding on the clouds.” Pinkie Pie added, making Rainbow Dash freeze. “Say what?” She stared at Twilight. “Ok... that would be scary.”

Terra sighed. “Now, if you do not mind, I have some things I need tend to. Rainbow Dash, you remain and I will tend to your hooves.”

“Oh thank you. I'm almost wanting to chew them off... They even hurt when I'm not walking... Scoots is really tough to never complain.”

Terra shooed all but Dash, and for her own safety, Twilight.

“I really am sorry for causing so much trouble.” Twilight set the book down. “I didn't even think rice was high in energy.”

“It is pretty much pure carbohydrates.” Terra stated as she got to mixing up a rather unpleasant smelling salve for Dash's hooves. “Carbohydrates are what the body burns for energy.”

“I've not really studied much about nutrition.” The pink pony then smiled. “Well, now I know better. I really think I should study Pinkie Pie's do and do not eat list.” She got up and walked toward the kitchen. “Care for some coffee?”

“No, I do not enjoy coffee, and you should not drink any either. The caffeine in it is a stimulant.”

“Oh, right... the coffee and cupcakes incident...” She continued into the kitchen, grabbed the lists and read them, CAREFULLY. Each item of food was listed with the consequences of eating them.

Oatmeal's warning was simply a skull and crossbones. “What the hay?”
...

Terra removed the small ponyshoes, and watched as Dash almost sighed in relief. “Is that better?”

“Oh wow, you have no idea.”

“I'm glad. Now I'll apply the salve and wrap your hooves. You'll have to stay off them for at least an hour.”

“An hour? What will I do for an hour?”

Terra looked around. “We have books for you to read, if you like.”

“Ugh... I hate reading...” She randomly grabbed a book and started reading. After only a few minutes, and her face turning bright red, she closed it. She looked at the title. “Kamare-Sutra? Why the heck would Twilight have a book like this in here?”

“If you do not like the book, choose another one from a subject you enjoy.”

“How can you be so calm? I mean, you gotta be just as impatient to get back into your own body or something like that.”

“Discord destroyed my body well over 3,000 years ago. I've also been encased in that amulet the whole time. Patience was something I had to learn, after the maddening insanity finally died down after the first 1,500 years.”

Dash looked up at Terra. Though she was in Twilight's body, she made her friend's body almost look like somepony else, just her posture as well as with her facial expressions.

“I'm sorry you had to go through that.” Dash sighed and looked around. “Um, think you could get me that book on kite making?” She pointed a hoof at the book she wanted, one that was well out of reach.

“No need to be sorry.” Terra offered a gentle smile, almost motherly, which somehow looked good on Twilight's face. “I have endured... and when you are all back in your bodies... I too shall have to endure once again.” The book floated down before Dash, settling on the floor.

“What do you mean?”

“I... I have no body, and the amulet is cursed. There will always be a soul trapped in it.”

“Hold on...” Dash could not believe what she was hearing. “You're just going to go back into that thing forever?”

“I betrayed my own sisters and sided with Discord. And the first chance I've gotten to get out of there, I make a huge mess of things. I deserve to be sealed away like that. All I've been doing is causing trouble after all.”

“You Know Terra, I don't know about that. I mean, I never really thought all that much about Scootaloo, but now that I've spent time in her body, I can see just how hard it must have been for her, and now she's trapped in the amulet, which is missing.”

“How well did you know her?”

“Not that well, to be honest... I would pay her a little attention from time to time, but usually just so I could show off... Now, I look up and see any Pegasus flying so free and easily, and I just want to cry.”

“And Rarity is not treating your body the way you would like her too, is she?”

“When I get back in my body, I'm afraid I'll have lost my edge. I'll be soft and not the fastest or best flier anymore. I'll just be a letdown for Scootaloo... She really does admire me and look up to me.”

“Perhaps this... exchange, as it is, is not such a bad thing. You get to learn more about your friends than you normally would.”

“I guess. Applejack spends a lot of her time hanging around Rarity now... I miss our little rivalry we had going.” Dash sighed as she opened the kite book.

“What is the first thing you're going to do when you are yourself again?”

“I'm going to take Scootaloo flying. I promised her after all, and I don't break promises.” She smiled as she flipped through the book, falling silent as she did.

Terra smiled as she drew up some various metals from below the surface of the planet.

Dash glanced up and gasped. “How are you doing that?”

“I am the creator of this very world we all live on. I can shape metal and gems and stone as I see fit. It is time consuming, but, it is my special talent.”

“Wow. What are you going to do with that stuff?”

“I am making you new shoes. While I applied the poultice, I took their measurements. They will fit you perfectly.”

Dash just sat and watched, looking to the whole world, a filly watching magic for the first time.

Even Twilight, when she came back into the room, just sat quietly and watched.

It was amazing, though slow, as the metal floated in the air, becoming white hot and liquid, then slowly forming into shape. Then finally drawing the heat out, and a single shoe had been created. It had taken nearly ten minutes.

“Awesome.” Dash whispered, and kept watching as the process was repeated three more times.

The nails to hold the ponyshoes to Dash's hooves added another twenty minutes, though they were smaller and much simpler in design.

A whole hour that Dash and Twilight sat silently and watched.

“There, we are done.”

Twilight picked up a shoe and examined it. “What kind of metal is this?”

“It is a mixture of metals, mixed and bound on the molecular level. Strong and hard, but also I enchanted them to never break, and they will grow with this body.”

“Molecular?” Twilight was smart, but she did spend most of her time studying magic, or goofing off with her friends, or learning the lessons of friendship. Some things were still beyond her understanding.

“It's complicated. Though, if you were to learn to manipulate on that level, you can alter, shape and even destroy matter.”

“You can create stone and metal with magic of that level?” Twilight's eyes sparkled.

“Create? No. Something from nothing is impossible. You can summon, which is what I did to create the world. I summoned dust and rocks from space. Brought them together and used them to form this world. Celestia did so with the Sun, and Luna with the Moon.” She levitated the shoes over too Dash. “The poultice should have done its work this past hour.” She removed the wraps, revealing healthy looking hooves.

Twilight was impressed. “It only took an hour? That must be some pretty potent medicine.”

“Look at the medicine I used on you.”

“Yea, I actually feel normal.”

“Just wait till it wears off.”

“Can't you just give me more?”

Terra giggled. “Goodness no. That would kill you.”

“Huh? Why are you laughing?” Twilight paled.

“I am not laughing. I'm giggling. The effects will most likely wear off completely by tomorrow morning. The medicine itself will take a few days to fully leave your body. After that, it would be safe for you to take another dose... only, and only if you happen to have another episode. Otherwise, I see no reason to let you take it.”

“But... I'm feeling almost like my normal self.”

Terra smiled as she set the shoes in place. “Rainbow Dash, this might sting, just a little. Twilight Sparkle, I understand you want to feel normal, to be yourself once again. I too wish to return to my earth, back into the ground. But that is not possible. The amulet, sadly, I am the only one who can activate its soul transfer magic. I'll have to go back inside.”

“Isn't there any way we can break you out? What if we smash it.”

“I created that amulet originally to be a seventh Element of Harmony, thus unbreakable, but fate made me change my plan for it. I changed the design so it would be an eternal, unbreakable prison to hold Discord, powerless inside for eternity. I, being who I am, as well as the creator, was able to circumvent it, just a tiny bit. I drew in my magic from outside, and used it to power the spell I eventually used to get out.”

“You really were not thinking about the consequences, were you.” Dash hissed a little as the second shoe was nailed into place.

“I said the maddening insanity calmed down after 1,500 years. I never said it went away entirely.” She winked at Dash as she drove in a nail. “I'm still as crazy as ever.” Her smile transformed into a totally bat-shit crazy grin.

Dash looked petrified. She was letting some crazy, insane goddess who create all of Equestria nail shoes into her hooves?

“There, all done.” Terra smiled sweetly, not a hint of that insane face at all.

Dash shuddered, blinked, and looked at her hooves. They felt fine. She rolled carefully onto her hooves and stood up. “They don't hurt anymore. These shoes feel great. Um, thank you Terra.”

“You're welcome Rainbow Dash. Now, 'Scoot' along. You're young again. Stretch your wings and try new things.” She nudged the kite flying book forward with a hoof.

Dash nodded and scooped up the book onto her back, her tiny wings balancing it perfectly.

Twilight grinned, feeling some of her massive energy returning little by little. “That was really sweet of you.”

“Was it? I've been alone for so long.” She turned. “Oh so lonely.” She nudged the Kamare Sutra book forward, not even noticing she had done so.

Twilight on the other hand mistook the look in her face (which was the longing to be around other ponies again) for something 'completely' different, along with the nudging of the book, just as she had done with Rainbow Dash.

“Eep.” Twilight felt more Pinkie Pie energy come back instantly as she bolted out the door.

“Huh? What did I say? Did I do something strange?” Terra tilted her head, slightly confused. “Hmm, I don't really blame her, I did steal her body after all... Who would want to be friends with a thief.” She levitated all the books laying about and set them back on their shelves, then returned to her gem cutting.
...
To Be Continued...