• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 2,992 Views, 53 Comments

Into the Blender - AnnonyMouse



The Mane Six find themselves mixed up in other's bodies.

  • ...
6
 53
 2,992

Chapter 11

Author: Annonymouse
MLP:FiM is property of Hasbro. This is a free fan-fiction, not to be sold or traded for any money, goods or services.
...
Special thanks to maskedferret for helping me with spelling and grammar.
...
PLEASE NO COMMENTS ON SPELLING OR GRAMMAR! See my profile for details
...

Into the Blender
11

...

Cliff Jumper relished the feeling of the free fall, but it was slightly dampened by the appearance of that crazy pink unicorn. He had never been bothered so much as the moment he saw the twisted grin and crazy glint in those cute blue eyes.

He twisted in mid air, just like a cat and righted himself. He watched with a thrill as the ground rushed toward him.

The the sensation of the impact. It ripped through his legs, up through his torso , hips, abdomen, and up his spine, through his neck and into his brain.

He let out a gasp of delight at the sensation. It was unlike anything he could describe as it suddenly flowed back the way it had come, like a wave washing up on a beach shore and then flowing back.

He felt the sensation flow back into the ground.

Now came the part that he always thought was a blast. The feeling flew out his hooves with such force that the ground cracked, then exploded outward. He was always at the center, where there was no explosion, so he never worried.

As the ringing in his ears died down, he surveyed the small crater. “Two point five length radius. Nice.” He grinned, then heard a strange sound. He turned to see he pink Unicorn was down here.

Cliff Jumper blinked and looked up, then back down. “How?”

“I winked. You scared me when you jumped. I'm glad to see you're not a splatter mark now.” She was suddenly in her personal space, her forehooves on his shoulders, her eyes staring into his. “Tell me where the Amulet is. NOW!”

“I'm not telling anything to some crazy Unicorn. Get away from me.” He jumped back, and turned to run.

The Unicorn was somehow right in front of him. “You're not getting away. Tell me. Tell me. TELL ME!”

Cliff Jumper reared up and brought his hooves down on the ground. He caused a small explosion of sand and dust, creating a cloud that made the Unicorn cough and wheeze.

He took this moment to run away.

Terra and the others finally caught up too Twilight.

“Ya'll ok Sugarcube?” Applejack asked as she poured some water on a cloth, then placed it to Twilight's eyes to wash out the dust.

“He... He jumped off the cliff. I see where he gets his name now...” Twilight coughed up a little more dust and levitated the water bottle to herself, then drank. “Oh it feels good to be able to use magic again.”

“We all saw him jump...” Dash was relieved to hear he was okay. “But he wasn't here when we arrived.”

“Can somepony track him?”

Pinkie Pie flew on top of a pile of large rocks and looked around. “I see him, he's heading north toward Ponyville... and WOW can he run fast.”

Twilight wiped some sweat from her brow. “Well, I don't think I can use any big magic for a bit. Those two winks took a lot out of me.”

Terra hung her head and mumbled something.

Only Rarity heard her mumble. She leaned close and whispered to her. “What did you say?”

“She's not a Unicorn. She can't keep thinking like a Unicorn. She does not store her magic inside her. She draws it from the earth itself.”

“So... her magic is, unlimited?” Rarity blinked.

“Just like how a Pegasus's magic to fly is unlimited. You draw your magic from the air and channel it through your wings. That's how Pegasus fly, only they do it naturally. It's instinct for them. You too are thinking like a Unicorn too much Rarity.”

“I don't really get it. I don't know how to use Pegasus magic.”

“Neither do the Pegasai. They just DO it. Look at Pinkie Pie. She can fly, because she just does it and doesn't think about doing it.” Terra grinned. “You've been failing to fly because you've been trying to fly.”

“Uh...” Rarity gave Terra a 'WTF are you talking about' look.

Terra sighed. “When you finally decide to fly without trying to fly, you will fly.”

Again, the 'WTF' look. Rarity shook her head and sighed. “I don't really understand, but I guess I can try.”

“No, don't try.” Terra rolled her eyes. “You just can't grasp what I mean, can you? If you use just your wings to fly, you won't fly. In a biological sense, physical and even using basic aerodynamics and physics, a Pegasus Pony's wings are actually too small to allow them to fly.” She glanced at the blank look on Rarity's face. “Never mind...”

“Can we reach Ponyville before he gets away?” Dash asked.

“We won't know unless we try.” Twilight glanced at Fluttershy and Rarity. “You're the fastest runners. Try to catch up to him and don't let him get away.” She then took off, running as fast as she could.

The two athletic ponies took off full speed.

Fluttershy could feel her speed came from a combination of her own physical strength and the magic flowing through her hooves. She now understood how Earth Ponies could run so fast. She had not actually tried running in this body till now, and it was exhilarating. The thundering of her hooves, the wind in her mane.

She liked it.

Rarity watched as Fluttershy started pulling ahead, and gaining ground fast. She spread her wings, knowing that it seemed to help her run faster somehow.

She didn't really understand, but focused on trying to catch up to Fluttershy.

(How is she running so fast? I've never even seen Applejack go that fast before.) She pushed herself. She had to go faster. She NEEDED to go faster. Not just because she felt some odd urge to try to beat Fluttershy, but because her body was screaming for it.

Before she knew it, the ground vanished. She didn't even focus on the ground, but on passing Fluttershy and catching Cliff Jumper.

She flew past the Earth Pony, feeling the wind tighten around her. She did not slow down, but continued gaining speed.
...

They were running as fast as they could when it happened. A massive rainbow colored explosion.

Dash, riding on Twilight's back so she wouldn't get left behind, could only stare in awe.

“R... Rarity? She... She did it? She pulled off my Sonic Rainboom?” Rainbow Dash wanted to cry. Not because she herself might not ever get to pull off the most awesome move ever again, but in pride. Rarity had gotten off the ground, and her first time flying, she pulled a miracle.

She pulled off her CMC cape, revealing an odd contraption attached to her sides and wings. “Twilight, hold my cape.”

Twilight glanced back as she ran and saw the wood and cloth device. She had no idea what it was until Dash spread her wings.

For each feather, she had created a long, narrow kits, each one connecting to the same feather on her own wing by means of a 'wing glove' and strings. “Dash, wait.”

Dash didn't listen and let go of the cape. She flapped her tiny wings, making the larger wings flap as well.

Dash felt herself lift off Twilight's back. She flapped harder and started pulling ahead, passing a stunned looking Terra and Applejack. Pinkie Pie gasped and giggled.

Dash knew Scoots wings were strong for their size, considering she flapped them a lot faster than any other Pegasus to help propel herself along on her scooter.

So Dash used those strong little wings with her special 'wing kite' to take to the air.

“I'm flying... I'm finally flying.” She grinned, flapping faster and faster. She knew she would never be able to reach her preferred speeds ever again, or even be able to pull her tricks and stunts, but just to fly again felt awesome.

In the distance she watched the growing rainbow ring fade into the sky. She could only smile.
...

The explosion happened behind him, making him slow and look back. It was an awesome and beautiful sight. He had heard of a Pegasus who had pulled this off at the Best Young Flier's competition. Some of his Pegasus co-workers had actually been there to see it first hoof.

Now, he was seeing it for himself.

And then he saw the blue Pegasus...

Heading right for him...

Full speed...

“Ponyfeathers...” He muttered before impact.
...

Fluttershy arrived at the site of a smoking crater in the ground, one that had to stretch from a point of impact and stretching along a groove in the ground for another fifty lengths.

She headed for the end of the still smoking ditch and heard... laughing?

Fluttershy peaked in and watched as a blue Pegasus and a dark brown pony crawled out, both laughing and helping each other out.

“Oh my goodness. When I saw you heading right for me, I was kinda worried.” Jumper sighed, chuckling.

“Dear me, I had no idea I could go so fast. I couldn't turn at those speeds, I really didn't mean to crash into you.”

“Don't worry. I'm highly resistant to high speed impacts. My special talent is jumping off cliffs after all.”

“When I saw you jump, I did fear the worst, but I'm glad you are alright. I'm sorry if my pink friend startled you... You see...”

Fluttershy helped them out as Rarity explained the situation.
...

Dash could see the smoking crater and deep groove in the ground. She winced at the though of being in that. “I hope Rarity isn't hurt...” She was more worried for her friend than her own body... though, at the moment, the two did come hoof in hoof.

She then spotted three ponies, sitting and talking to each other.

As she landed, she heard the sturdy looking Cliff Jumper say “If she had just explained the situation, this little chase wouldn't have happened. She was just, I dunno, I guess she was panicking?”

“That's Twi for you.” Dash smirked as she walked up. She paused as she tried to fold the wings, but they refused too. “Darn it... They're locked in position...” She tried to use her teeth to pull them off, but couldn't reach the straps, causing her to 'chase her tail'.

Fluttershy then noticed something. “Dash?” She came over and got her to stop spinning. “Hold still, let me help you.”

As she helped unstrap the wing kite, she gasped. “You... You have a cutie mark...”

“Wait.. WHAT?” She turned and stared.

She was staring at her own cutie mark, but the lightening bolt was purple, like her hair.

“Congratulations.” Fluttershy clapped. “You must be the first pony to ever earn her cutie mark twice in her life.”

“No way... But... This isn't my body. This is Scoots body.” She frowned. “Ah no... I just took away one of the greatest times in anypony's life...”

Fluttershy then understood. “It's alright... I'm sure Scootaloo will be happy. You are her hero after all.”

“I just hope so...” Dash looked at Rarity and Cliff Jumper and walked up, both were watching her.

Rarity's eyes could not leave the cutie mark. “Oh Dash...” She had heard what her friend had said, and actually felt bad, not for Dash, but indeed for young Scootaloo.

“HEEY!!” A voice called in the distance. The four ponies turned to see Pinkie Pie, Twilight, Applejack and Terra galloping up.

Once all together, Cliff Jumper glared HARD at Twilight. “You scared me, made me think you were some insane pony.”

“The insane one would be me actually.” Terra held up a hoof, grinning.

“Anyway... Your friends here explained to me what happened and why you're looking for that amulet thing. I had to think about it for a moment but I think I found something like that and tossed it into the Lost and Found in Canterlot Castle.”

“Lost and found?” Twilight twitched. “Do you mean it's been in the Lost and Found all this time? Just sitting there?”

“Twi?” Terra pulled the pink Earth Unicorn Pony back. “You're going to make him run away again.”

“Oh... sorry... I... I just want get everything returned to normal, and get Scootaloo back...” She then hung her head. “But... I don't know what to do... I... I don't want to lose our new friend either.” Twilight looked into the face of a surprised looking Terra.

“You... You think I'm a friend?”

Twilight nodded. “A strange friend, but, you're smart, wise, and you've done a lot to help all of us. You've made us all more aware of who we are, and more aware of our friends. Because of you, you've brought us all closer together.”

“Although I won't be surprised if Scoots hates me...” Dash spoke, showing off her cutie mark that ran from her flank and almost reached her knee.

Twilight then noticed the clouds were shaped like wings, and pointed that out. “The cloud looks like a fluffy wing.”

Dash looked again, and realized it was true. “Yea, that's awesome and all, but... Scoots is going to be disappointed. That's kinda my cutie mark after all.”

Terra placed a hoof on the cutie mark. “I don't know. The source of a cutie mark is not always from the mind of the pony, but more often from the deepest desires of the very heart of all ponies.” She smiled. “Scootaloo really looked up too you, right?”

“Yea... she did...”

“And now she has a cutie mark a lot like yours, but different enough to be her own.” Terra ran her hoof from the cloud wing down the purple bolt. “The cloud wing, signifying the love of flight. I'm guessing that with her small wings, she never could, and always longed to fly. The bolt, signifies her love...” She looked into Dash's eyes. “Her love of you.”

Dash choked up a bit and wiped away her tears. “She... She loves me?”

Fluttershy hugged the filly. “Scootaloo is an orphan, you know that better than any of us. She looks up too you, and if she does love you, then...”

“All this time I've been in her body, I've learned more about the tyke than I ever thought I'd learn... She has a collection of photos of me, and even one of my molted wing feathers.” She wiped away another tear. “I'd always thought she was kinda a pest before.”

“And now?”

“I won't let her live in that orphanage anymore. I'll give her a home.” Dash stood tall and grinned. “I'll adopt her... once everything gets back to normal that is.”

Terra nodded. “Let's send a message to my sister. How long does the mail take to deliver anyway?”

“With Spike, it takes only an instant to send letters.” Twilight smirked.

“Spike? Wait, that's that... “ Terra shuddered. “D... D... Dragon?”

Twilight looked very proud. “Yep. My number one assistant. Let's go tell Princess Celestia where to find the amulet.”
...

Celestia had been hoping for a letter, and when one finally appeared in a puff of green flame, she nearly jumped for joy.

She opened it and read it out loud.

“Dear Princess Celestia.

“I hope this letter finds you well, as I bare good news. We have spoken with Cliff Jumper and he has told us where he last saw the Amulet. Look in the Lost and Found.”

“I hope to hear from you soon.”

“Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.”

She turned to the servant that had just arrived to deliver a glass of juice. “Hoovington?”

“Yes Princess?”

“You are aware of the amulet I have been searching for, correct?”

“Of course Princess. I have been searching for it whenever given the time. Have you any clue as to its whereabouts?”

“I believe it may be in the Lost and Found.” She paused a moment. “Actually, I was unaware we even had a Lost and Found.”

Hoofington placed the glass down. “I shall tend to this at once Princess. Should I find it, I will return immediately.” He bowed deeply and hurried from the office.
...

Scootaloo grinned as she pieced together the writing.

“Yup, this is an inescapable prison.”

Her grin faded. “Well, at least I'm not stuck always looking out that little window.” She glanced and watched as the dirty sock that blocked her view was suddenly moved.

A pony was staring right at it.

Scootaloo was right at the window, pounding against it with her hooves. “I'm here. I'm in here.” She sighed with relief as the pony, a Unicorn, levitated the pendant and took it with him.

Scootaloo watched out the window. She could see the magnificent halls of Canterlot and could only ooh and ah in wonder at the sheer beauty.

She then watched as they entered the throne room before entering a side office.

Scootaloo had never been this close to Princess Celestia ever before. Even though she was in this prison, she bowed.

“Scootaloo? I do not know if you can hear me, but now that we have found this amulet, we can restore you back into your own body.”

Scootaloo pressed against the 'window' and nodded with great enthusiasm. “I can be me again? Awesome.”

She then saw Celestia look closer and blink. “Scootaloo?” She asked. “I can see you.”

“Really? Can you hear me?” Scootaloo yelled back.

“Don't yell, I can't read your lips.”

Scoots nodded and spoke normally. “Can you understand me?”

“Yes, I can understand you. I just cannot hear you.” Celestia was glad. Scootaloo seemed to be safe and sound within the amulet.

“Thank Celestia... I mean, thank you.” Scootaloo laughed, a hoof behind her head.

Celestia giggled, then looked up to see Luna, who was wearing an odd look on her face.

“Tia? Are you alright?”

“Yes, yes I am. Twilight Sparkle tracked down Cliff Jumper, who told them where the amulet was. She sent me a letter. Hoofington retrieved it and brought it to me.”

Luna released a sigh of relief. “That's good news... but why were you talking to it?”

“Scootaloo really is inside here.” She turned to around.

The youngest Princess leaned close and looked, to see a tiny Scootaloo bowing to her.

“Ah, the young werewolf. I recognize her.”

Celestia blinked. “Werewolf?”

“Her Nightmare Night costume.” Luna smiled. “Can she hear us?”

“It seems that way, but we cannot hear her, though I have an idea.” Celestia brought the amulet to the library and set it on the table. She levitated over a book and set it down, then searched out a spell.

“What spell are you looking for?”

“A spell that can allow inanimate object to speak.”

“We don't have any spells like that.” Luna replied.

“We don't?”

“Trust me. I've poured over this library these last few years. I know all the magic spells that are written in here.”

“Ah, but there are far more spell books and far more spells in the Academy library.” She then spotted a spell. “A come to life spell? Hmm, this might work.”

“Tia wait...” But it was too late. She focused the magic into the amulet. There was a brilliant red flash.

Luna rubbed her eyes and looked around. She was standing right in front of the book and amulet. She then spotted herself.

“Tia. You got us switched around... I feel really odd.”

“Huh? What the? I... I'm out of the amulet?” Luna's body started jumping around happily.

Luna stared in shock at her 'bouncing' self, then down at the amulet. She couldn't see Celestia's tiny form at all. “Sis? Tia? Are you in there?”
...
To Be Continued...