• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 5,395 Views, 100 Comments

War Thunder - cellum95



The ponies will have terror from our battling aviation friends.

  • ...
8
 100
 5,395

Chapter 3-Skies over Cloudsdale

Author's Note:

This arc will be accounted on neutral, so that means it can be shorter/longer than the rest of the other arcs I'm planning on. Also, sorry for my sluggish typing because I got weary of an English assignment and possibly more. And sorry for the late update because I didn't have any time for it. :P

Pls any friendly advices will be welcomed and pertaining to that previous Author question, I will do the number two if I have the time.

(Note: I have to split the Cloudsdale fighting but don't worry, I will make the fighting more 'entertaining' than usual. :D)

-T.P.O.V, Cloudsdale-

Cloudsdale, the main pegasi city in all of Equestria. This city is one of the most grandest of all in the country, next to Canterlot and Manehattan. Almost sixty-five percent of all the pegasus in the Equestrian country live here because of it's majestic buildings high above the clouds. But this city is also one of the most heavily armed city in the world, almost competing with Skyland, one of the Griffonian cities in the neighborhood.

But for now, the pegasi living here are doing usual things that is comparable on the ground; live a simple life with simple jobs. Sky Patrol is one of those ponies. He has a family, two foals in fact, and he is a Guard in the city. His particular job is no more than patrolling the skies with his special eyesight, hence his name. The pay was good also, 1000 bits for the services he had done everyday.

But the days of patrolling was a particularly boring job. With the exception of a few burglars in the city, there was no immediate threat to the vicinity. The ponies here are more than relaxed, knowing that there guards will protect them at all cost.

But in due time, everything will change.

-Sky Patrol, F.P.O.V-

I woke up with a yawn, knowing that dawn is the sign of a particularly boring but good day. I rose up from my bed, rubbing off any remaining sleepiness I have. After rubbing it off, I quickly fix my bed thanks to the fact that my wife, Blossom Heart, will kill me. After all, she is a nag. Yeah, I know she is a pain in the flank but she is still a loving wife.

After fixing my bed, I went downstairs to eat breakfast with my family.

"Morning dad!" I turned to the greetings and see one of my foals, Happy, seating in one of the chairs in the dining table. I smiled and replied:

"Hi Happy." I still have some weariness inside of me, but at least he understood my message. Oh his smile gives me the energy to move on. In fact, I will never live without my family beside me to support me. I went to my respective seat in the family table and sat happily, waiting for our breakfast to arrive.

"Breakfast is ready!" Which is right now. When my wife comes out of the kitchen, she is still as beautiful as ever when I first saw her. Red blood mane with a white coating, and two hearts as her cutie marks. As expected with her grace, she set down the food with an all-loving dance she knows only. When all of the food was set, Blossom and my other foal, Expect, sat on their respective chairs. Unlike the majority of the pegasi leaving here, we're the minority groups known as the 'Praying Ones'. We are more of a religious group, thanking the heavens for everything that will transpire, if it is good luck.

In the dining table, we pray to give thanks to the heavens for our food, and after the prayer we eat like mares and gentlecolts. We do not just grab the food and eat it right away. We usually give our parents first the food and then later our children, because we believe to have more upmost respect to our parents and elders than the other pegasi, or what we called them the 'Disrespectful Ones'. We eat our food for about thirty-minutes and rest for about fifteen minutes so that we don't have a tummy ache.

We depart from the dining table and gone to our respective rooms, wherein I will dress up my patrol suit. My patrol suit is more aerodynamic than any other suits in the Guard, making it worthwhile for most pegasi leaving here. When I finished dressing up, I was about to go to work when:

"Hon, I think you should say goodbye first remember?" I turned around and saw Blossom with Happy and Expect. I chuckled to myself and went back to kiss all three of them. After saying goodbye to them, I went to my job, happy that I'm supporting my family.

-Northern Guard Post, T.P.O.V-

The Northern Guard Post is one of the most heavily armed post in the city, on par with it's counterpart in the south. This is where Sky Patrol usually works, seldom being in the other posts in the city. In fact, ten guard posts are here at present, with about nine-thousand pegasi working here, most of which are just trained to patrol the skies for any danger and possibly eliminate them.

Another pegasus that is working here is Spotter, a very important pony in this particular post. Judging by her name, she is a very talented pony who is able to detect any threats in about five-hundred yards away. Add a pair of binoculars or a telescope, then she is a dangerous foe to deal with.

Today she is just spotting as usual, knowing that there won't be any particular threats flying in towards Cloudsdale this day. Although it is safe to say that she is bored to death, she comforted herself that other pegasi working in here are also bored.

'It's like having to wait a vacation in school' She thought with a smirk on her face as she keeps spotting in the horizon. Nothing there to spot as usual until she turned her telescope to her ten o'clock.

"Wait....What in the name of Celestia is that?" She spoke to herself as she trained on something that is very peculiar indeed. On the horizon itself, a little glowing white light is coming to her direction in a very steady speed. She keep her eyes on that light until suddenly more little glowing lights were detected. This is not a normal day after all.

Grabbing a microphone from her left, she shouted the only sentence she was trained to say:

"ALERT! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! I REPEAT, WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! THIS IS NO DRILL!" She turned her after saying that warning and saw something that will scare her for life.

-Sky Patrol, F.P.O.V-

I was in my post in the Northern Gate, just happily drinking coffee like a guard should do in this fine hour. To put it simply, it is a long heck of a wait in our standards, mostly six to eight hours of patrolling, in shifts. I'm just sitting in my post with a bored expression sipping another coffee until the warning of my colleague, Spotter, actually run out.

I turned my head to the direction of her post and what I saw was something I did not expect. Near her post was metal thing, capable of flying with it's 'wings' not flapping and an annoying buzz sound ringing. As I could concentrate more, I could see more of those 'flying' machines passing through our posts. These machines were not only annoying because of their buzzing noise, but also because they were damn good flyers also. Since they don't want to collide with us, they turn their 'bodies' enough that it is enough to give us a rocking sensation on our bodies.

It was to surreal. No sky army would do that except the dragons themselves. We were too shock to think about something when I turned my head around to see more of those 'glowing' thing at the opposite directions, with both sides having some strange symbols at polar ends.

I know what was going on here. There are going to make Cloudsdale there killing ground!

But there was one question in my mind which was fairly legitimate for this matter........

Where the hell did they come from?!