• Published 22nd Aug 2014
  • 5,395 Views, 100 Comments

War Thunder - cellum95



The ponies will have terror from our battling aviation friends.

  • ...
8
 100
 5,395

Chapter 1-Skies over Wonderbolt Academy Part 2

Author's Note:

It's like I have been warping Spitfire into something different :P

Well here's Part 2 of this battle....the last part will be some time but I'm not sure.

Enjoy the story folks!

(Any friendly advices will be welcomed.)

P.S....My logic is shit. :P

-Spitfire's P.O.V-

After I was done with my cleaning session, I went to my office to start any paperwork that is needed to be done. But I don't do that quickly, since I thought it would me tire me more than training the recruits. Since I do that particular thing in my part, I usually think about what will happen next. I usually think about my recruits being tired, complaining that it's hard and then I will shout to them to continue, for them to be fit.

I usually smirk at the thought, but now I keep thinking about those flying 'steel-machines'. I thought about it, and I realize something. Even though they were fighting for supremacy, their gracefulness and ability to react in split-second tops was like an Academy Record. The more I thought about it, the more I will decide that I will exercise the reaction time to my recruits.

'Sounds like that I'm training them like a military......but we're the most aggressive ones so maybe I will do it.' I thought with a slight smirk planted to my face.

-Third P.O.V, Rainbow Dash-

Rainbow Dash, self-proclaimed fastest flier in Equestria, is just flying towards the Academy just like any other day. This bothers her a bit, but she's not complaining about it. Since she is now a Wonderbolt, a life-long dream she had catch with her hooves, Rainbow Dash must be alert and awake as buck.

'Why with this schedule?' She thought, still flying towards her destination. When she saw the Academy, she smiles at herself at the accomplishment she did now. As a loyal friend, now a Wonderbolt. Can she achieve more? Well, that's her decision to make, but she focused on landing. When Rainbow Dash landed safely, she could see Spitfire setting up something, but she doesn't know what she is doing. Going up to her, RD asked.

"What are you doing ma'am?" The question didn't startle the Captain at all. Spitfire just turned her head just to address the question.

"Oh nothing. Just something new." Now that puzzled Rainbow Dash. What is so important that it's new and yet at the same time a secret. Normally, Spitfire will inform them what will happen. It's like a new Spitfire now.

"Okay then...." RD trailed off, just going with the flow.

-Rainbow Dash, F.P.O.V-

I just don't get it. It was routine, yes, for me to go to the Wonderbolt Academy. And yes it's a routine for me to greet Spitfire and ask what she is doing. Normally, when she is doing something, I would ask her and startle her too much that she will bark at me like 'You know don't snick up to me like that!'.

But it's different. She is doing something, and she would say what it is, but now it's just a 'something new' line. I'm beginning to wonder what happened to her personality to make her act like that.

"I'm done!" I heard Spitfire shout in triumph, and looking at it, it's like something with a basket full of balls in it. I don't what it is, but I'm feeling this will not end well.


After seeing my other teammates in the Academy, I heard Spitfire shouting like typical.

"Okay recruits! You will be having 30 laps of flying exercises, and additional 20 if got it right!" I heard my mates groan. "However, I will be adding a twist to it."

Adding a twist? What does she mean adding....a....twist....

'Oh....OH!' Realization hit me what she actually meant. That thing that Spitfire set up was the twist. The feeling that Spitfire was being warped by something is growing with intensity. I wanted to ask her a question, but she was too quick for me to do it.

"Okay recruits, in the count of three, prepare for the drills!" No more time Rainbow Dash. Let's show them what I'm made of!

"1....

2.....

3!" She shouted, and all of us drove of like lightning that struck down the earth. In a few seconds, I was in the lead, ahead of my teammates. Somehow this wasn't surprising, since I'm the fastest in all of Equestria. I was so much in the lead that when I'm in 2nd drill, they we're still in the 1st. This continues on in the 2nd and 3rd drills. But in the 4th drill, everything changed. When I was still flying, a random ball actually shot at me, and I dodged it an inch of my wings.

Looking down, I could see Spitfire manning the thing that she calls the 'twist'. Is she mad?! Some of us could get hurt! I just sighed and resumed flying. However, those annoying balls that is fired at me-later at my teammates-is keeping me worked out to dodge them with no time to spare. So this is the twist. Reaction-time to anything that will go to you. But before I could think about why she would that, I heard noises in both east and west of the Academy.

Looking at the right, I could see something shiny coming towards to the Training Center. Also looking at the left, I could also see the same shiny something also coming towards the Training Center. As I squint my eyes, I could see flying 'steel-machines' in the horizon. I felt my face paled as I know those 'steel-machines' were killers of there own kind. As they near, I gulped and could only shout a sentence.

"EVERYPONY DIVE!" I dived towards cover, still seeing the 'steel-machines' coming near. As I look back, I could see my teammates, probably seeing those machines as well. They were shouting something, but I know somepony took over and followed my lead. As soon as I land, I could see Spitfire wide-eyed in.....familiarity. Almost as if she knows these machines. Not looking at my landing teammates, my eyes glued to the skies as I could see those two in the opposite direction goes for a head-on collision.

But before they could collide, I could see both of them firing streaks of fire to each other, sending bits of metal flying off. They have a near-miss, yes, but the other one wants the fight so badly that it turns to the right and starts re-engaging the other. Now, with my current vision, I could see other machines joining, killing each other in a fashion of dominance and lightning-fast reflexes, like the ones in the ground a year ago. I could see one even losing one of it's wings to one of it's own kind.

But as I could see, one of them tries in vain to land in the airstrip of the Academy. Now I could see why dominance is here. They were fighting for the airstrip. However, all of us heard something at our backs, so when we turn our backs, we could see another nose-diving towards the already landed machines. It fires so much streaks that it literally blew tiny bits of the strip's ground, and as I could see, it killed the oppressor.

This continued for some time, but me and my teammates- including Spitfire-were glued to the fight. As if it was a movie. After the fighting was over, all of us went back from a reverie.

"What...happened?" One of my mates asked.

"I don't know, but these machines were like the ones in the ground!" Another shouted.

"You really think so?"

The bickering continued, and normally Spitfire would scold them like a mother for bickering when performing the drills. But as I could see the flame-haired pegasus, I could see she was not doing anything. I swore I even could see inspiration within her eyes.

So that was the 'something' that was warping Spitfire's mind. But there's one thing that I even hate to do, but I have to do it.

To think.

I was thinking about those machines that was fighting over the skies of our precious Academy. As soon as I think, I muttered:

"What will happen then and now?"