• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 1,929 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed - sonicdash123



A few days after the second Death Star was destroyed, Charming Thunder enters the huaman world to help Twilight retrieve her crown back from Sunset Shimmer with his powers on his side.

  • ...
43
 23
 1,929

Chapter 6: Fixing the Dance

Charming Thunder was with the others at Rarity's place while Twilight was away for some reason they don't know. He was tossing a coin and catching it over and over as he waited. The door suddenly opened as Twilight ran in and dragged Charming Thunder to a dressing room. "What's the big idea?" he asked.

"There is something I need to talk to you about earlier today," Twilight said. Spike got out of her bag and Charming Thunder sat down next to her.

"Everything okay in there?" Rarity asked.

"Yes! Only it's not okay. It's not okay at all! If I don't get my crown tonight, I won't be able to go back to Equestria for another thirty moons! Oh, what are we gonna do?" Charming Thunder thought for a moment until Spike had an idea.

"We tell them the truth," Spike said. "Let them know what's really at stake if you don't get the crown tonight. They'll help us figure somethin' out."

"But what if they won't? What if when they find out how different I really am...?"

"Twilight, these girls rallied around you 'cause they saw what was in your heart. They aren't gonna feel any differently about you when they find out you're a pony princess in Equestria. Charming Thunder, you would have to do the same thing."

"Are you crazy?" Charming Thunder said. "My power was to remain a secret. Twilight said so herself and I quote; Keep your magic at a minimum."

"Well you are going to deal with it."

"I'm glad you followed me here, Spike," Twilight said.

"Me too. Unless, of course, we get stuck here for another thirty moons." The trio then stepped out of the dressing room to see their friends waiting.

"You okay?" Applejack asked.

"The Fall Formal isn't happening tonight."

"WHAT!" Pinkie shouted.

"It had to be postponed because Sunset Shimmer had Snips and Snails ruin all of Pinkie Pie's decorations."

"WHAT!"

"But the Fall Formal has to happen tonight."

"Wha-" Pinkie Pie's mouth was covered by Applejack to silence her for a moment.

"You see-"

"You're from an alternate world and you're a pony princess there and the crown actually has a magical element embedded in it that helps power up other magical elements, and without it they don't work anymore, and you need them all to help protect your magical world, and if you don't get the crown tonight, you'll be stuck in this world and you won't be able to get back for, like, a really, really long time! And your friend here is like your future husband with powers we never even heard of." Charming Thunder stood frozen as his legs began to shake.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure that isn't the reason," Rainbow Dash said.

"Nope, she's pretty much spot-on," Spike said.

"He can talk?" Rarity shouted in shock.

"Oh, yeah! And back where I come from, I'm not even a dog! I'm a ferocious, fire-breathing dragon!"

"Well just a small one that is," Charming Thunder said nervously.

"This is so amazing!" Fluttershy said. "Tell me, what are you thinking right now?" Spike looked at Rarity as she got shocked.

"Sure would love a scratch behind the old ears!" Rarity got scared even more. "Uh, maybe later."

"How did you know all that?" Twilight asked.

"Just a hunch," Pinkie said.

"Wait a minute!" Applejack said. "Lemme get this straight. You're a pony?"

"You're a princess?" Rarity asked.

"You both are from another world?" Fluttershy asked. Twilight and Charming Thunder gulped and nodded.

"I need proof about Charming Thunder's powers," Rainbow Dash said. Charming Thunder then turned to find an object and chose a mannequin. He then closed his eyes and raised his hand like he was holding a ball. As the others watched, the mannequin began to shake and lift up into the air. He then moved it around the room and over the group without hitting their heads. He then slowly placed it back on the floor where it was. He then opened his eyes and turned to see the looks on their faces as they were amazed with what they just saw. "That...was...awesome."

"I've been practicing," Charming Thunder said. "But back at the task at hand and that is getting that crown."

"Whats under that glove of yours?" Rarity asked.

"Do you really want to know?" Everyone nodded then Charming Thunder reached for the end of his glove and removed it. It revealed his golden robot arm.

"That is way more awesome," Rainbow said as Charming Thunder puts his glove back on.

Excited chatter began to spread the room as Spike said to Twilight, "See? Told ya."

---------------------

The decorations in the gym have been destroyed. Streamers on the floor and the disco ball lowered and destroyed to the ground. "This is going to be tougher than I thought," Charming Thunder said.

"I simply cannot believe they did all this!" Rarity said.

"If I only had some kind of... party cannon that could decorate everything super fast!" Pinkie said.

"Focus, Pinkie," Charming Thunder said.

"I know it seems impossible, but, maybe if we all work together?" Twilight suggested.

"Now that's the kinda can-do spirit I'm lookin' for in a Fall Formal Princess!" Applejack said. "Let's do it, y'all!"

"Absolutely!"

"Rock on!!" Rainbow said.

"Yes, indeedily!"

"Yaaay!" Fluttershy whispered.

"Indeed," Charming Thunder said. One by one, Rarity, Rainbow, Pinkie, Charming Thunder, and Fluttershy placed their hands on top of Applejack’s and looked expectantly at Twilight. She hesitated, but finally put her hand on top of theirs and joined them as they raised their hands in the air.

Twilight and Spike carried brooms and buckets out of a supply closet and tossed the brooms one by one to her friends. Rarity managed to grab hers when it hit her stomach. Fluttershy flinched before her broom could reach her. It hit her back then clattered to the ground. Rainbow, Applejack, and Pinkie caught theirs easily, Rainbow twirling hers in the air.

(Note: Sung to the tune of Nightmare Before Christmas' Making Christmas)

Sung by: Charming Thunder, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and students

This time, this time
Fixing the Dance
Fixing the Dance

Fixing the Dance, Fixing the Dance
Is so fine

It's ours this time
And won't everybody be surprised
It's ours this time
Fixing the Dance
Fixing the Dance
Fixing the Dance
Time to make this something fun
We'll talk about for years to come
Let's have a cheer from everyone
It's time to party
Fixing the Dance, fixing the Dance

Raise up that disco ball up so high
Ready up the stage for the band

It's ours this time

Altogether, that and this
With all our tricks we're
Fixing it in time

Here comes Twi

I don't believe what's happening to me
My hopes, my dreams, my fantasies

Won't they be impressed, I am a genius
See how I use my hat
To pull a rabbit out of there

Hmm, my compliments from me to you
On this your most intriguing hat
Consider though this substitute
Show up in a dress without your hat

Huh! No, no, no, now that's all wrong
This thing will never make a decoration
It's been destroyed for much too long
Try something fresher, something pleasant
Try again and don't give up

All together, that and this
With all our help we're fixing it in time

Charming Thunder helped the band carry their equipment and placed it on the stage. He gave a thumbs up to the guitarist as he moved on to his next job to set up the chairs. Pinkie and Fluttershy threw streamers up really high in order to make the party perfect. Other students helped out as well as they grabbed a streamer.

This time, this time
Fixing the Dance, fixing the dance
La, la, la
It's almost time
And we can't wait
So ring the bells and celebrate
'Cause when the moon starts to climb
We'll all sing out

Its time to vote

It was finished. They'd fixed and decorated the gym in time for the Fall Formal. Even Flash Sentry's band was ready, despite Twilight bumping into Flash during soundcheck. "This...looks...sooooo GOOD!" Pinkie said. The sound of clapping came from the door, and all the students turned to see it was Principal Celestia applauding their work. Vice Principal Luna stood behind her, holding a locked blue box with a slot in the lid.

"All right, everyone!" Celestia announced. "Fall Formal is back on for this evening." Everyone in the room cheered for joy. "So you'd better get out of here and start getting ready. Oh, and don't forget to cast your ballots for the Fall Formal Princess on your way out!"

"I know who I'm voting for," the boy with a brown hat said. One by one, everyone casted their votes in the box Luna held. Fluttershy decided to hang out for a bit as her casted their ballots. Charming Thunder made sure that every table and chair was setup correctly.

"You girls go ahead," Fluttershy said. "I just want to take care of something real quick."

"Okie dokie loki," Pinkie said. Fluttershy walked up to Charming Thunder as he checked off every table on a clipboard.

"Hey, um, Charming Thunder?"

"Yes, Fluttershy?" Charming Thunder said.

"Um, if you don't mind. Can...I take you to the Fall Formal."

Charming Thunder grinned as he said, "Are you asking me on a date?"

Fluttershy blushed as she said, "If its alright with you."

"Of course. Just for tonight though." He then walked with Fluttershy back to their friends as they casted their ballots along the way out.