• Published 16th Aug 2014
  • 1,929 Views, 23 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed - sonicdash123



A few days after the second Death Star was destroyed, Charming Thunder enters the huaman world to help Twilight retrieve her crown back from Sunset Shimmer with his powers on his side.

  • ...
43
 23
 1,929

Chapter 5: Be Prepared

Charming Thunder stood in front of the jukebox holding a coin as he looked through the song list. Once he found one, he inserted the coin and pressed a letter and a two digit number. The music then started to play and walked back to the table where the rest of the group was. "I don't think I have met you before," Rainbow said. "I saw you at the field next to Twilight. What's your name?"

"Charming Thunder," he replied.

"Cool name. Do you play any sports like me?"

"There are some I did. The only ones I know are martial arts and fencing."

"I must say, that I simply love the design on that shirt of yours. A triforce symbol."

"Did you know that the three triangles represent something?" The group nodded in disagreement. He then pointed to each of the triangles as he explained. "This one represents wisdom. This one represents courage. And this last one represent power."

"OOOOOH," Pinkie said. Rarity noticed Twilight talking to a guy that was familiar to her as Charming Thunder continued to talk to her. Twilight then began to walk over to the table and sat next to Charming Thunder.

" Don't even think about it! You're already trying to get her crown. Who knows what Sunset Shimmer would do if you ended up getting her ex-boyfriend too?"

"I'm not trying to," Twilight said. " I don't even know...we just accidentally...ex-boyfriend?" Charming Thunder got a glimpse of him. He had blue hair with a black jacket and a white t-shirt with a lightning bolt over a shield on it.

"Looks like someone is jealous," Rainbow whispered to Charming Thunder.

"What? No I'm not." He then regained his focus and turned to the rest of the group.

"All right, everyone," Applejack said. "Dance is tomorrow night, and we still don't know how we're gonna get Twilight the votes she needs to be named princess. Right now, folks only know the Twilight from the videos Sunset Shimmer posted online. We need to help 'em see her differently."

Rarity smiled and yelled out loud, "I'VE GOT IT!" The room then became silent and Rarity cleared her throat as she began to explain. "Perhaps I have a solution. Now this may be an absolutely preposterous idea, but what if we all wore these as a sign of unity?" She then took out a headband with triangle shaped ears and a belt with a tail. "Freshman year, they were very, very popular. A way for everybody to show their school spirit! You know? Go, Canterlot Wondercolts! I haven't sold any in ages. I mean, the five of us are obviously very different, but deep down, we're all Canterlot Wondercolts! Sunset Shimmer is the one who divided us, Twilight Sparkle is the one who united us. And we're gonna let everyone know it! What do you think?"

"A splendid idea," Charming Thunder said. "I should do the same if anyone is at the library."

"Good idea," Rainbow said. "We are going to need a lot of help after all."

---------------------

Charming Thunder was reading a novel as the other students were studying. As he read, he heard whispers coming from the table he is sitting at. "Sunset Shimmer is nothing but trouble," the girl said. She had the same hair color as his sister back at Equestria.

"I know right," the other said. She had long black hair just like a friend of his. He then realized that they are both Octavia and Cadence.

He then closed the book and said sarcastically, "Oh surely that she is not all that bad."

"Oh it is," Cadence said. "Whenever she appears, some hide in lockers in fear and who knows what they are thinking about doing."

"I see."

"But not until Twilight entered the building," Octavia said. "What are we supposed to do now since the Fall Formal is coming up? Vote for Twilight?"

Charming Thunder smiled as he replied, "That is exactly what I had in mind."


(Note: Sung to the tune of Lion King's Be Prepared)

Sung by Charming Thunder, Cadence, Octavia, Derpy, Bon Bon, Lyra, and other students

I know that your cliques and reputations
Seem more important than looks on the inside
But divers as you are, pay attention
This is a matter of school pride
It's clear from your vacant expressions
The lights are not all on upstairs
But we're talking queens and successions
Even you can't be caught unawares
So prepare for a chance of a lifetime
Be prepared for sensational news
A shining new era
Is tiptoeing nearer

And where do we feature?

Just listen to teacher
I know it sounds sordid
But you'll be rewarded
When at last she is given her dues
And justice deliciously squared
Be prepared!

Yeah, be prepared. Yeah-heh... we'll be prepared, heh...For what?

For the dethroning of Sunset Shimmer.

Why? Is she sick?

No, you fool-- we're going to prank her. And Snips and Snails too.

Great idea! Who needs a fall princess?

No princess! No princess! la--la-la--la-laa-laa!

Idiots! There will be a princess!

Hey, but you said, uh...

Twilight will be princess! ...Vote for her, and you'll never be bullied again!

Yaay! All right! Vote Twilight!

Vote Twilight! Vote Twilight!

It's great that we'll soon be connected. With a Princess who'll be all-time adored.

Of course, quid pro quo, you're expected
To take certain duties on board
The future is littered with prizes
And though She the main addressee
The point that I must emphasize is
You won't get a sniff without me!
So prepare for the dance of the century
Be prepared for the murkiest scam
Meticulous planning
Tenacity spanning
Decades of denial
Is simply why she'll
Be princess undisputed
Respected, saluted
And seen for the wonder she is
Yes, my teeth and ambitions are bared
Be Prepared!

Yes, our teeth and ambitions are bared
Be Prepared!