• Published 14th Aug 2014
  • 1,180 Views, 28 Comments

Discord: A Chaotic Story - Epicdiscord214

  • ...
11
 28
 1,180

Departure

Discord slammed the door open and saw Twilight with her friends.
“My friends,” Discord declared, “As per requirement, I have found a guard to accompany us in our perilous quest. This pony is willing to risk his safety for the good of the kingdom. Ladies, I present... Drum-roll, please.”
Pinkie Pie went to a drum set and drummed hard and fast.
“I PRESENT... Pause for effect... FLASH SENTRY,” Discord declared. Just then, he moved out of the way revealing the guard he chose.
As soon as Flash Sentry was revealed, Twilight Sparkle widened her eyes in panic. She stepped to Discord and whispered, “Discord, can I talk to you for a minute?”
“All right, Discord answered. The two went into another room and Discord closed the door. “I know, I really can choose them. Even the name—Flash Sentry—sounds sharp. Do I get a thanks?”
Suddenly, Twilight levitated a wooden table and threw it at Discord. Discord was pushed to the wall and he was dizzy.
“I'll take that as a 'no' and a few splinters full of 'maybe',” Discord said.
“HOW COULD YOU RECRUIT FLASH SENTRY,” Twilight Sparkle shouted. “A few hundred guards you could have chosen and you picked Flash Sentry to come with us!”
“What's the problem,” Discord asked. “Do you know him?”
“Yes,” Twilight Sparkle snapped. “Well, no. I mean, sort of.”
“And they say I'm confusing,” Discord sighed. “I can't believe I'm the one who's saying this, but would you give me a straight answer?”
“Don't you remember what I told you,” Twilight Sparkle said. “My Element of Harmony falling into a human world full of human counterparts of everypony here? And there was a guitarist counterpart of Flash Sentry that I danced with? Now, every time I see the Flash Sentry in this world, I freak out? Anything?”
“To be honest, I tuned you out when you told that story,” Discord said. “I was just starting to learn about friendship and at the time, listening to other ponies' stories didn't matter to me.”
At that moment, Twilight smacked Discord across the face with her hoof.
“OW,” Discord exclaimed. “That was uncalled for!”
“You're right,” Twilight said. “This situation calls for two more!”
Twilight smacked Discord again twice. Discord placed his paw and claw on his cheeks and moaned.
“All right,” Discord said. “Look, had I known you had a crush on the guard, I wouldn't...”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Twilight interrupted. “A crush? I don't have a crush on that guy!”
“You hit me three times after you threw a table at me because I brought him in,” Discord said. “I have every animal on me and I've got all their instincts.”
“Look, whatever's going on between me and Flash Sentry is strictly professional,” Twilight exclaimed.
“Oh, right,” Discord said, “Because throwing furniture at another friend's face is very professional. You just can't stand him coming with us because you like him.”
“That's not true,” Twilight insisted. “You know what? Let him come. I don't care.”
“That's the original plan,” Discord said.

“I've got your supplies in this pack, Twilight,” Spike said. “It has your notebook, your textbooks, your utensils, and food.”
“You call that a supply bag,” Discord mocked. “I've got everything I need right here.” He materialized a hand-held bowl.
“Uh, Discord, that's a bowl,” Twilight said.
“Not just any bowl,” Discord said. “Ask me for anything; anything at all.”
“All right,” Spike said. “Well, I do need a new umbrella for those drizzling days.”
Discord reached into his bowl and pulled out a dozen umbrellas.
“Would you like a specific color or would you like me to surprise you,” Discord asked.
Everyone gasped when they saw it.
“I'm telling you,” Discord said, “This magic fruitbowl can give me anything. It can hold unbrellas, a tent, comic books.”
“Fruit,” Applejack asked.
“Ironically, no,” Discord answered. “For some reason, I can never fit an apple in there, yet there's room for everything else.”
“Discord, remember that this mission we're giving you is of the most vital importance,” Princess Celestia said. “It's more important than any good deed you've done. The fate of my sister is in your claw and paw.”
“Princess Celestia, you have nothing to fear,” Discord said.
“Uh, Twilight,” Spike said looking at Flash Sentry, “Isn't that...”
“Unfortunately,” Twilight answered.
“Did Discord bring him to irritate you,” Spike asked.
“No,” Twilight said, “But I wish he did. Turns out, when I told him the story, he didn't listen to a single word I said. It looks like I'm going to have to learn to live with it.”
“So how are we going to travel,” Flash Sentry asked Discord. “Are you going to teleport us there?”
“It's not that simple,” Discord said. “When I first arrived in the Outlands, I was carried there in an echanted carriage.”
“What were you doing in a magic carriage,” Princess Cadence asked.
“I'd rather not talk about it,” Discord said. “The point is, the Outlands is surrounded by a magical field that only royal magic can pass through.”
“I never sent any carriage to the Outlands,” Princess Celestia said.
“I'm not talking about you,” Discord said, “I'm talking about...” He stopped himself from saying anything else. “It doesn't matter. Anyway, we've got to travel there by normal means and Twilight needs to rip a hole so we can enter the Outlands.”
“All right,” Twilight said. “How do we get to the Outlands border? It's quite a long way.”
“Easy,” Discord said. He snapped his talons and everyone appeared at the train station. “We take the Chaos Train.”
“Good luck, Twilight,” everyone said.
“Take care, Discord,” Fluttershy said.
“ALL ABOARD,” Discord shouted holding a pocket watch.
The trio entered the train and waved good-bye to their friends. The train drove off until Canterlot was out of sight. For the next few minutes, Twilight and Flash looked at each other and had awkward moments of silence. That ended when Discord spoke.
“Sooooo,” Discord spoke awkwardly, “Since this is the magic Chaos Train, how's about I'd get into the mood? Usually, I serve hot chocolate along with a musical number about the hot chocolate; however, since we're in the middle of August, we'll just settle for a different topic for a song. Any suggestions?” Twilight and Flash kept being silent. “Anyone? Well... I GOT IT! HIT IT!”

Suddenly, a banjo appeared out of nowhere and strummed itself.

Have a stick of cotton candy,” Discord sang,
Make your life so dandy
Seize the day and never make it plain
Sit back and relax
Even if there's no train tracks
Come on and ride on the Chaos Train
Discord got me in this,” Twilight sang,
It's going to go amiss
I might as well smack him again
Socializing is going to be hard
When it comes to that guard
I'm stuck with him on the Chaos Train
Do I stay formal all day,” Flash sang,
Or relax all the way
It's a strange conflict in my brain
Discord is so laid background
But the princess is staring at the track
What to do here on the Chaos Train
HERE, THERE'S ONLY ONE RULE,” Discord sang,
ALWAYS, ALWAYS SIT BACK COOL
DISCORD, YOU'VE GONE INSANE,” Twilight sang.
WHAT DO I DO RIGHT NOW,” Flash sang,
IF I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW
LET THE QUEST BEGIN,” Discord sang.
I'LL BASH YOU IN YOUR CHIN,” Twilight sang.
WHAT TO DO IIIIIIIIIIN,” Flash sang.
THE CHAOS TRAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIN,” all three sang.

Meanwhile, in a large castle in the Outlands, Princess Luna woke up covered with chains. She struggled, but she couldn't break out. She then tried to illuminate her horn, but all she got was a dim glow.
“Don't bother,” a dark voice asked. “Those chains around you are restraining your alicorn magic.” A hooded pony came out of the shadows. Luna couldn't see the figure's face, but saw that he was a few inches taller than she was.
“What do you want from me,” Princess Luna asked.
“You and your sister took something what was originally mine and I'm going to take it back,” the hooded figure said. “But in the meantime, I need you to change back.”
“Change back,” Luna asked. “What do you mean?”
“It started a thousand years ago,” the hooded pony explained. “You were sick and tired of bringing the night while your sister got all the praise. One night, you decided to force Equestria to notice you. That is when you decided to change into a mare of darkness. Then, you were banished to the moon for a thousand years. When you escaped, you resumed your reign of eternal night. But then, the soon-to-be-Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends removed the evil out of you. But I know that a small bit of that mare of darkness inside you and we need her back.”
“You don't mean,” Luna gasped.
“Yes,” the hooded pony said revealing his teeth. “We need you to turn back into... NightMare Moon.”

Author's Note:

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUUN! By the way, I'm giving the Equestrian Flash Sentry a little backstory later to explain his verse in the song. And just so you know, during the song, Twilight and Flash have been singing to themselves. That's why I didn't write how the other reacted to their verses.