• Published 14th Aug 2014
  • 1,180 Views, 28 Comments

Discord: A Chaotic Story - Epicdiscord214

  • ...
11
 28
 1,180

Train Attack

“YOU WANT ME TO TURN INTO NIGHTMARE MOON,” Princess Luna shouted. “Not in another thousand years!”
“Aren't you sick of being in your sister's shadow once again,” the hooded pony asked.
“That was a mistake I made a long time ago,” Luna said. “I've changed.”
“It was a mistake to change,” the hooded pony said. “NightMare Moon was an alicorn with a vision and a purpose. All Princess Luna is good for is moving the moon and entering ponies' dreams.”
“No matter what you say, I'm not changing back into that monster,” Princess Luna said. “She's not me.”
“Think about it,” the hooded pony said. He walked out of that room and encountered a pair of odd Changelings digging through a duffel bag.
“Well, this is the last bit, Fungus,” one Changeling told the other. “We're officially moved out of that cesspit we were in before the boss found us.”
“Take note that this is my stuff, Blister,” the other Changeling said. “And this includes the stuff I collected at the Rainbow Falls Traders Exchange.”
“You two, that's enough loitering,” the hooded pony shouted. “Don't forget, we've got work to do!”
“Uh, sure,” Fungus panicked. “No problem, boss. We simply need to put this stuff up in our chambers.”
“Oh, so now, it's OUR chambers,” Blister snapped.
“What is that supposed to mean,” Fungus asked.
“You taped a line across the room, but only gave me less than half,” Blister explained. “Besides, you're not planning on sharing your stuff with me.”
“I'm a bad guy,” Fungus said. “I'm not supposed to share.”
“You two are imbeciles,” the hooded pony said. The two Changelings didn't hear him.
“Besides, I deserve more because I was a quick-enough thinker to get that chalice from the Crystal Empire at the Exchange,” Fungus said.
“You're as quick as a snail racing in last place,” Blister said. “I bought that map of Canterlot!”
“I bought that stool that belonged to Star-Swirl the Bearded,” Fungus said.
“A stool is nothing compared to the Discord-shaped lamp I bought,” Blister said.
“Well, you can eat it when I bought...” Fungus said. Suddenly, the hooded pony jolted straight and interrupted.
“WAIT,” the hooded pony shouted. He turned to the Changelings revealing his green, angry eyes. “What... was that last thing... you said you bought?”
“A lamp that looks exactly like Discord,” Blister said. “It's in my bag.”
Blister dug through the bag and pulled out a little figure of Discord holding a light bulb. The figure had a black glow and levitated out of the Changelings' hooves. The hooded pony closely examined the lamp. With a close enough look, the pony growled at the sight of it.
“Why would the ponies make a lamp based off of Equestria's most dangerous enemy,” the hooded pony asked.
“It probably has something to do with Discord working for them now,” Fungus said.
“WHAT,” the pony shouted.
“Yeah, they agreed to free him and never turn him to stone as long as he'd turn good,” Fungus said. “Didn't her majesty tell you?”
The hooded pony dropped the lamp and galloped through the castle. Within time, he broke the doors open and confronted Queen Chrysalis, who was looking over a bunch maps.
“CHRYSALIS,” the hooded pony shouted. “WHY HAVEN'T YOU TOLD ME DISCORD WAS ALONGSIDE THE PONIES?!”
“I didn't think it was important,” Queen Chrysalis explained. “We just collected the final piece we need for the plan. It doesn't seem like anyone can beat us while we're so far ahead.”
“You don't understand,” the hooded pony said. “Discord used to live in these lands. He knows how to get past us here. And he has tremendous power. What do you suppose that mindless beast will do when he comes here?!”
“All right, I get it,” Queen Chrysalis said. “We need to find Discord and stop him.”
“Not stop him,” the hooded pony said. “Crush him! Destroy him! And I think I know who can do just that: our other partner.”
“You don't mean,” Queen Chrysalis gasped.
“Of course,” the hooded pony said. He turned to the pony on the other side of the room. “What do you think? Can you handle getting your hooves dirty?”
The other partner walked out of the shadows revealing his black fur and coat, his red horn, and his green-and-purple eyes.
“Of course,” the evil unicorn said. “After all, I was removed from my Crystal Empire. It's about time I let my anger out.”

Later that night, the Chaos Train continued moving down the tracks. Twilight and Flash were still silent for a while. Suddenly, Discord barged in and set up a bunch of dishes full of food.
“Bonjour, my friends,” Discord said in a French accent. “Tonight's specials include the chocolate cavalier, the strawberry escargot, and the ice cream sundae that's shaped like my face.”
“Not in the mood, Discord,” Twilight said.
“Well, the mood is what I'm actually here to set,” Discord said.
“There is no mood to be set,” Twilight snapped.
“I just hope this won't be any bother for the two of you,” Discord said. “Remember, I'm the only one who can lead you in and out of the Outlands.”
“Uh, Discord, sir,” Flash Sentry said, “How exactly did you end up in the Outlands?”
“It's not my place to discuss,” Discord answered. “I take my past as serious as I do with my present.”
“Discord, you can't take anything seriously,” Twilight Sparkle said. “Sometimes, you talk to someone who's not even there.”
“It's called 'breaking the fourth wall', brainiac,” Discord said.
“Can you believe this guy,” Flash Sentry asked the reader. He then turned to Discord. “Well, how are we sure there won't be anything that's going to keep us from our goal.”
“Simple, Flashy,” Discord said. “I put a spell on this train that keeps it repellent of all sorts of bugs, including the love-draining, shape-changing ones. And if that hooded guy shows up, Twilight will blast him out of the sky. I prepared for every contingency.”
Suddenly, the curtains dropped and the place was black.
“Hey,” Discord said. “Who turned out the sun?”
“Hold on,” Twilight spoke. Her horn illuminated the entire room.
“Well, it looks like the curtains fell... suspiciously... at the same time,” Flash Sentry said. He then turned and saw a certain unicorn. “Uh, guys...”
“What,” Discord said. He looked and saw the same unicorn standing before them. “AAAAHHHH! STRANGER DANGER!”
“King Sombra,” Twilight Sparkle gasped. “You're alive?”
“As you are right now, princess,” King Sombra spoke in his ghostly voice. “As I recall, it is your sister-in-law who took the Crystal Kingdom from me. After all I did for those ponies...”
“You used them to harvest crystals to further your magic,” Twilight exclaimed. “You were going to turn innocent ponies into slaves for your own evil purposes!”
“You make that sound like a bad thing,” King Sombra said with a grin.
“Hi there—Sombra, is it,” Discord said. “I'm Discord, the spirit of chaos and disharmony.”
“I know,” Sombra said. “I was sent here to destroy you!”
Sombra blasted Discord with his horn. Discord split his head in the last second and put it back together when Sombra was done.
Suddenly, a fight ensued between Discord, Twilight Sparkle, and Flash Sentry. The fight eventually took place on top of the train.
“You can't defeat me,” King Sombra proclaimed. “I am fueled by a boiling head, a raging fury...”
“That's a lot of bravado from someone who was outraced by a baby dragon,” Discord mocked.
“I GOT HIM,” Twilight shouted. She flew behind King Sombra and prepared to blast.
King Sombra turned and blasted Twilight down. Twilight fell on the roof of a cart. King Sombra then towered above Twilight's body and illuminated his horn.
“So ends the latest princess of Equestria,” King Sombra said.
“NO,” Flash Sentry shouted. He flew and rammed into King Sombra. When King Sombra fell off the train, Flash offered his hoof to Twilight. “Need a hand up?”
Suddenly, Twilight flashed back to her time on Earth. She saw the human version of the pegasus offering his hand to pick her up. When the flashback ended, Twilight smiled and let Flash pick her up.
“And so ends this chapter of...” Discord said before getting interrupted.
The ground shook and everyone saw a black cloud forming fast and catching up to the Chaos Train. King Sombra was seen soaring on the smoke.
“YOU CAN'T ESCAPE ME SO EASILY,” King Sombra roared.
“I'VE GOT AN IDEA,” Discord shouted. “EVERYONE, HOLD ON TO ME!”
Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry grabbed ahold of Discord's arms. Quickly, Discord snapped his claw. Just then, Discord, Twilight, and Flash disappeared. King Sombra couldn't find them anymore. He roared loudly into the air in anger.