• Published 14th Aug 2014
  • 1,180 Views, 28 Comments

Discord: A Chaotic Story - Epicdiscord214

  • ...
11
 28
 1,180

The Battle

Canterlot was filled with worried ponies and Princess Celestia was pacing.
“Oh, it's been quite a couple of days since we sent Discord and Twilight to rescue my sister,” Princess Celestia said. “I'm starting to fear the worst.”
“There's nothing to worry about, your highness,” Spike said. “I've known Twilight my whole life and I have complete faith that she'll succeed.”
“And Discord won't let anything stop him,” Fluttershy said. “I'm sure that before you know it, they'll all come back as right as rain.”
Suddenly, the ground shook. Everyone looked at the town square and a large, black throne sprouted from the ground. Prince Fallen and NightMare Moon flew from the sky. Prince Fallen set himself on the throne.
“ALL HAIL PRINCE FALLEN,” he shouted.
“That's Luna,” Princess Celestia gasped. “What's she doing?!”
“That alicorn must have tricked her into becoming NightMare Moon,” Princess Cadence said.
“GUARDS, SEIZE HIM,” Shining Armor shouted.
The guards surrounded Prince Fallen, but the evil alicorn didn't flinch.
“I'll have you know that I am royalty,” Prince Fallen said. “And as a guard, you must bow before me!”
Prince Fallen's horn began to glow and black lightning shot out. As soon as the lightning hit the guards, they all fell to the ground and bowed down.
“SHINING ARMOR,” Cadence shouted.
“Oh, this is better than anything I've ever imagined,” Prince Fallen declared.
“YOU,” Princess Celestia shouted as she landed in front of Prince Fallen. “Surrender my sister, surrender yourself and we will spare you.”
“Ooh, what are you going to do,” Prince Fallen asked in a mocking tone, “Throw the sun at me?!” He then laughed. When he was finished, his horn glowed. “Once the ponies of Equestria see you bow before me, they will all fear into my rule and I will have Equestria once more.”
Suddenly, everyone heard a familiar laugh. They looked and saw Discord surfing on a chocolate milk wave. When he landed, he revealed his completely stone eagle claw and half-stoned chest.
“Cowabunga, evil dude,” Discord said. “Now, will you surrender quietly, Prince Fallen, or will this end with the spilling of your blood?”
“Now, this is just getting sad,” Prince Fallen said. “A princess who's beneath me and a draconequus who's half-stone at this point? This is your big rescue?”
“No,” Discord answered. “THIS IS!” There was a moment of silence. “I said, THIS IS!” There was still a moment of silence. “THAT'S YOUR CUE!”
Suddenly, a swarm of Changelings appeared with Twilight Sparkle, Flash Sentry, Shade, King Sombra, and Queen Chrysalis at the front.
“Give up, Prince Fallen,” Twilight Sparkle said. “Even you can't beat this army!”
“I agree,” Prince Fallen said. “And I might say, you are splendid in escaping the canyon, and I mean it. You truly deserve the title of royalty.”
“Flattery won't save you, Fallen,” Twilight Sparkle said.
“Oh, Princess Twilight, I wasn't talking about you,” Prince Fallen said. “I was merely refering to the real symbols of royalty: King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis. You know, perhaps I was too harsh on getting rid of you. You're much too valuable by my side.”
“Nice try, fool,” Queen Chrysalis said. “We're not falling for the same trick twice.”
“Oh, it's no trick,” Prince Fallen said. “I merely realized that my power has nothing to do with your intentions. All the Changelings need is to feed on the love of those who serve their purpose and King Sombra wants his Crystal Empire back. We can help each other. Tell me, what did they promise to do to you when this is over?” They took a moment. “Ah, nothing good. Well, when I take over, I can promise you anything you want.”
“Don't listen to him,” Discord said. “That's how Tirek tricked me.”
“Well, it looks like you have a choice, Sombra and Chrysalis,” Prince Fallen said.
The two looked around and grinned wickedly. They stood beside Prince Fallen and NightMare Moon.
“I thought we had a common enemy,” Twilight shouted.
“You're giving us eternity in the Outlands while he gives us all we've wanted,” King Sombra said. “It wasn't a hard choice.”
“Changelings, SEIZE THEM,” Queen Chrysalis commanded.
The Changelings then swarmed over the city. Every pony panicked and ran from the insects. Everyone then hid behind a barricade.
“Discord, what has happened,” Princess Celestia asked.
“Here's the 10¢ tour,” Discord said, “Sombra, gate, netherworld energy, NightMare Moon, former ruler, mind-controlled Luna, fear spell, turning to stone. The rest of the story will be told after we beat them.”
“Discord's turning to stone,” Shade said. “We need a new remedy to save him!”
“There is none,” Princess Celestia said. “Only the Elements of Harmony can change Discord to flesh!”
“Well, we can find a way out of this later,” Discord siad. “Right now, we need to take down Prince Fallen. He's the one behind this madness.”
“Uh, Discord,” Fluttershy said. She pointed at his reptile foot, which was solid rock.
“AAAAAHHH,” Discord shrieked. “Okay, what if I can force Prince Fallen to turn me back?”
“We just need to get you close enough,” Princess Cadence said. “And the king, queen, and nightmare are in the way.”
“Put me in,” Shade shouted.
“What,” Twilight asked.
“Throw me to NightMare Moon's shadow,” Shade explained. “I'm a piece of Princess Luna's shadow and she created me with goodness and care for her friends. If I can get to her shadow, I can probably fight off the darkness she has.”
“Assuming we can get you through Chrysalis and Sombra,” Spike said. “They're not exactly the friendliest of ponies.”
“Friends,” Discord whispered. He then gasped in excitement. “FRIENDS! THAT'S IT! Let me near them!”
“I hope you know what you're doing,” Twilight said. She levitated Discord and brought him to Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra.
“You,” King Sombra said. “It's time to surrender.”
“You're right,” Discord said. “I should surrender, but only to the most evil pony. Which one of you is better in the nefarious game?”
“It's me obviously,” King Sombra said.
“YOU,” Queen Chrysalis asked. “Don't make me laugh. I've got the better intentions.”
“You couldn't dream to match my power,” King Sombra hissed at Queen Chrysalis. “I ruled the Crystal Empire through hatred and fear so they would find me crystals to magnify my power.”
“Ooh, that's a good plan,” Discord commented.
“I used deciet to get my Changelings into Canterlot and feed on every pony's love for each other,” Queen Chrysalis argued.
“Ooh, deception versus fear,” Discord said. “Continue debating.”
“You weren't even defeated by the Elements of Harmony,” King Sombra stated.
“Neither were you,” Queen Chrysalis replied. “You were beaten by a baby dragon!”
“THAT'S IT,” King Sombra shouted before attacking Queen Chrysalis.
“I'll leave you two to discuss your issues,” Discord said limping with his stone foot.
Suddenly, Shade dashed into the sky and hit NightMare Moon. NightMare Moon was struggling hard.
“GET... OUT... OF... HER... HEAD,” Shade shouted.
In a few minutes, NightMare Moon glowed white and the armor broke into pieces. Princess Luna's original body fell until Princess Celestia caught her. Shade landed on the ground and saw Princess Celestia land and helped her sister stand.
“I've got you, sister,” Princess Celestia said.
“All right, Princess Twilight,” Discord said with the stone creeping down his goat leg. “Launch me.”
Twilight levitated Discord and threw him towards Prince Fallen. Discord grabbed Prince Fallen and they were both heading toward the castle. Soon, they crashed through a window and they both rolled on the throne room floor. They both got up (though, Discord got up a lot slower) and faced each other.
“Discord,” Prince Fallen said. “It's ironic that we have to be in the very place from which you banished me.”
“I'm giving you one chance, Fallen,” Discord said with the stone reaching the end of his tail. “Reverse the fear spell and give me my flesh back.”
“Even if I wanted to, I couldn't,” Prince Fallen said. “The spell is irreversible. I can't stop it. You should have killed me when you had the chance.”
“Well, guess what,” Discord said. “If I had to do it all again, I still wouldn't have.”
“Why is that,” Prince Fallen said.
“Because it's not what my mother would have wanted,” Discord said. “I knew it back then, but I couldn't accept it. And you don't have the feelings to know what it's like.
"Feelings," Prince Fallen asked. "I don't care about feelings!"
"Remind you of a certain, pony brat, anyone," Discord asked the reader. Prince Fallen looked at where Discord was facing and shouted.
"WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THAT," Prince Fallen shouted. "WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO?! THERE'S NO ONE THERE!"
"Oh, forget it," Discord said. "I may not have been able to kill you, but I've got a worse fate for you... mine."
Discord reached out his lion paw, grabbed Prince Fallen's horn, and held it tightly. Prince Fallen struggled, but Discord couldn't let go.
“RELEASE ME, YOU MONSTER,” Prince Fallen shouted.
“NEVER,” Discord said.
Suddenly, Discord's lion paw was completely stone. All that was left was Discord's head. Prince Fallen slipped out of the grip and knocked Discord to the ground. Prince Fallen then laughed.
“Discord, Discord, Discord,” Prince Fallen spoke with confidence. “Did you really think a tight grip from a nearly-petrified beast could stop me?”
“I wasn't trying to stop you, Fallen,” Discord said. “I was just wondering if I held on long enough, the petrification could spread to something else!”
Prince Fallen gasped and looked at his horn. It was quickly turning to stone. Prince Fallen tried burning it with his magic, but it only made the stone grow faster. Prince Fallen shouted and yelled. Discord grinned as Prince Fallen was completely covered in stone.