• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 2,539 Views, 9 Comments

Toby's Wish - darkmage1997



An MLP take on the Animaniacs movie, Wakko's Wish. Its a race to get to the wishing star before a greedy tax collecting Nixel and a family of ruthless royals. Will our heroes restore Equestria to its once beautiful form?

  • ...
15
 9
 2,539

Chapter 1: Never give up hope and the wishing star

Many moons ago, in the happy little town of Ponyville, there lived all sorts of happy inhabitants, including the florists, the bakers, and the candlestick makers... and a mime.

"Well no place is perfect," Silver said with a shrug of his shoulders. That's true, but Ponyville was a close to perfect as can be... except for the mime that is.

"RIGHT!" Silver said again.

Now Ponyville was part of a peaceful country known as Equestria, which was ruled by four benevolent alicorns, Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight. Everyone loved them, and under their rule, everyone prospered. But one day the alicorns, the elements of harmony, and Discord all mysteriously disappeared, and there was a struggle for control of the kingdom. The end result was a hostile take over of a rival kingdom on Trotlantis. Now the new leaders of Equestria was King Zanzibar the Pushy and his wife and son and daughter, ruthless corporate leaders that vowed to rule Equestria with tight hooves, but the economic regime didn't agree with their rule, and the countries fortunes plummeted. The tyrant family's vaults grew dangerously low. The tyrant family sent out an edict for the country to start turning a profit or else. To fill their royal coffers, all cities and towns were to be taxed, and this included Ponyville, where the family sent their tax collector, Baron von Nixel, was taking to the extreme. One after the other, ponies and Mixels alike gave what little money they possessed to pay their taxes. "NIX! NIX! NIX!" a Nixel soldier said, which everyone just assumed he said "That's right keep the line moving! Please give till it hurts! NEXT!"

An elderly pony came up, leaning on a crutch, "Well?" the Baron asked.

"Oh, forgive me Baron Nixel, but I have nothing to pay my taxes with, you've taken everything, my livestock, my land, my home, and left me with nothing to eat!" the elderly pony cried in despair.

"Yes, yes, these are hard times. I can barely keep the fire going myself," Baron Nixel said, snatching away the crutch and throwing it into his fireplace, "NEXT!" he yelled, as more ponies and Mixels gave him what little money they had to spare.

The baron squeezed the life out of Ponyville, until the once prosperous town was crushed. And so, our story begins in the miserable town of Ponyville, with pathetic and downtrodden destitude townsfolk... oh, an a mime too. And several orphans that live on the streets ever since their families disappeared, and the orphanage they stayed at shut down. The humans and ponies of harmony, and Spike.

So the village hoped through the spring, they hoped through the summer, and they hoped through the fall, but by the following winter, hope was running low for poor Heaven, who needed an operation, and while Silver stayed behind to look after his sick sister, the other titans went out into the world to seek their fortune. As the whistle on the train blew, the train took off. And so, the town waited for the boys to return, they waited through the spring, they waited through the summer, and they waited through the fall, and by the following winter, they were still waiting, when a young colts fancy turned to collecting snails.

"Duh, eat up guys!" Snails said, feeding his pet snails, which they all did, very slowly.

"Snails, I need your help," Snails shot his head up in surprise when he heard Snips' voice.

"Duh, guys I did not know you could talk!" Snails said, not noticing his friend behind him.

"Snails, knock it off!" Snips said, getting annoyed at his friends antics.

"You know, you guys sound a lot like my friend Snips," Snails said, smiling at his snails. Having enough of Snails' antics, Snips bopped him on his head with a small stick, "Oh, you guys bop like Snips as well," Snails said, before taking notice of his friend, "Oh, Snips, we were just talking about you," Snails said, trying to sound innocent.

"I figured you'd be out here with these bugs, now come on," Snips said, motioning his fellow unicorn friend to follow, which he reluctantly did.

Back at the train station, Silver and Heaven were just sleeping, waiting for their brothers to return. Heaven opened her eye when she heard a distant train whistle. This fully wakened both of them, as they turned to see the train coming towards the town. The entire town heard the train whistle and they all rushed to train station to greet the titans.

"Oh the train carrying our brothers is rolling down the tracks now," Silver sang.

"I'm sure that is the train that our brothers are on. We've missed them everyday they've been gone!" Heaven sang as well.

"They went to seek their fortunes, and now they've returned," Viynal sang.

"Brining back the treasures of everything they've learned!" Diamond Tiara sang.

"Oh, the train carrying our brothers is coming closer," Silver sang.

"Bringing the buckos, down the track-o, back home!" everyone sang, while making train sounds as the train came to a complete stop at the plat form.

"And we're all happy for your good fortunes boys, now then about your taxes," Baron Nixel said with a greedy smile. Everyone in town all groaned in despair, knowing what was going to happen.

"Taxes? What taxes?" Brian asked.

"Well, lets fill out your tax forms and see, first we'll total your income and calculate you deductions for the year, well this will include city, county, state and federal taxes including license fees. Oh that takes you boys up into a whole new tax bracket, the king will be absolutely delighted!" Baron Nixel said greedily.

"The king is a jerk!" Icezer said.

"Oh good, that qualifies you for the calling the kind a jerk tax," the baron said, writing some more on the documents, while the boys looked at each other with confusion, "Now we add property tax, sales tax, excise tax, stamp, tea, and thumb tax, multiply by your shoe size, and you boys owe a grand total of," the baron said, swiping the ha'pennies that the titans worked so hard for, "Exactly three pennies," he said, before retreating into his stagecoach "Your federal government thanks you!" Baron Nixel said with a greedy smile.

"Hey!" Heiru said.

"We can't let him do that to us, its not fair! We got to stick together and stop him!" Brian shouted, before he realized he was surrounded by stallions with spears, "Or not. If you guys have any questions, just talk to my lawyer, he'll explain everything," Brian said, pulling the mime into his place, before running off. The mime noticed the stallions surrounding him, and made gestures that he didn't want any trouble. Despite this, the guards just started beating up on the mime.

Later that night, the ponies, humans, and Mixels all went back to their originally miserable lives. "So much for the titans ha'pennies, now Ponyville is back in misery!" Flain sang.

"Should I, or do you guys want to carve?" Gobba asked his fellow Fang Gang tribal members.

"Frankly, we'd just as soon starve!" Chomely replied bitterly.

"I'm starting to feel the stress," Doctor Whooves sang.

"PONYVILLE IS HA'PENNY-LESS!" he and his wife and daughters all sang miserably.

Meanwhile in a local, yet run down water tower, Toby was strumming the cords on the underside of his bed, while the others were all getting ready for bed. "Good night Heaven, sleep tight," Silver said to his sick sister.

"*Cough* Tell me the story," Heaven asked.

"Oh ok, there once was a man from Nantucket," Silver began.

"Not that story!" Heaven said with a pout.

"Look, its late, go to bed!" Silver asked of his sister.

"Aw c'mon, PWEASE?" Heaven pleaded with a cute smile.

"Oh alright, but then its lights out, deal?" Silver asked, which Heaven nodded in understanding, "Ok, once upon a time, a brave knight married a beautiful princess and they had eight sons," Silver began.

"But they wanted a daughter too!" Heaven said.

"Right, so they planted a garden all over the kingdom, and on the first day of spring, ever flower in that garden bloomed, and out of the prettiest flower came," Silver said, looking at his sister.

"ME!" Heaven happily said.

"Right, so the knight and his bride, Mom and Dad, took you home, and every night at bed time they'd come and ask 'who's the cutest girl?' and you'd say,"

"I am!"

"And then they'd ask 'how'd you ever get so cute?' and you'd say,"

"I was born that way!"

"And then they'd ask 'tell us your name' and you'd say,"

"Princess Angelina Contesa Louisa Francesca Banana Fanna Bo Besca the fifth, but you can call me Heaven!"

"And then they'd ask 'can we call you Heavy?' and you'd say,"

"No, just Heaven! Call me Heavy and ya die!"

"And mom and dad would laugh and laugh and laugh, and they'd tickle you" Silver said, poking Heavens belly, drawing some giggles from the little girl, "And you'd laugh too," Heaven let out another cough and a few more giggles, "And you'd fall asleep with a great big smile in your heart,"

"I like that story!"

"Good night sis," Silver said, leaving Heaven to go to sleep, as he went back to his room.

"How is she?" Mike asked Silver.

"Not great, those acting lessons never really sunk in," Silver bluntly replied, which drew incredulous looks from the others.

"NO! He means her health!" Nyx said.

"Oh, well who knows?" Silver said, closing the curtains to Heavens bedroom.

"If only we had earned more," Icezer sadly said.

"Hey, you guys did your best, we'll pay for her operations some other way," Silver reassured his brother.

"I guess," Raiden said, going with the others into the next room.

"You turning in Toby?" Silver asked Fluttershy's son.

"To what?" Toby asked.

Silver tried to think of something but couldn't, "Never mind, see you in the morning," Silver said as he left Toby, strumming on the strings of his bed, as he began to sing

As he finished up his song, a bright green light lit up the night sky, "Uh oh, I think I broke something," Toby asked, wondering what was going on. Just then, a green ball of light came into the water tower, "Who are you?" Toby asked, as the ball of light turned into a fairy.

"I'm your desire fulfillment facilitator," the fairy said.

"Huh?" Toby asked, not knowing what the fairy just said.

"Well I used to be called 'the good fairy' but that sounds so old fashioned," the fairy explained.

"Oh, ok" Toby said in understanding.

"So, I'm your desire fulfillment facilitator, but everyone just calls me Pip," the fairy said extending his hand.

"Nice to meet you Pip!" Toby said with a smile.

"The pleasures likewise, and may I be the first to congratulate you Tobias Mason, you did it, out of all the stars in the night sky, you selected the one and only wishing star," Pip said, shaking Toby's hand.

"I did?" Toby said, before realizing the handshake was going on longer than he expected and trying to get out of Pips grip.

"Oh yeah, I've been waiting centuries for someone to select the right one, it must be this clear country air, oh yeah, look at that, you don't get visibility like this in the cities, your request for a wish has brought me here, so now you can have any wish you want," Pip explained.

"You mean besides wishing you'd let go of my hand?" Toby asked, pointing at the hands.

"Yes besides that. The wishing star is ready Toby, are you ready to make your wish?" Pip asked.

"You bet!" Toby said with a big smile.

"Then here goes!" Pip said, as the wishing star lit up the night sky and flew across the land.

The Mixels, and some ponies on the streets saw what was happening, and quickly hid, "What is that?" Dee-Gee asked.

"No idea," Tenetro replied.

"Now go make your wish," Pip said, leading Toby to the door of the tower, showing him where the star landed.

"What do you mean 'go'?" Toby asked.

"To where the star landed, wishes need to be made in person," Pip explained.

"No kidding?" Toby asked.

"Its in the manual, and I quote, 'the first one to touch the star will be granted one wish'," Pip explained the rules.

"Huh," Toby said.

"Funny, I thought it would land a lot closer, oh well, have a safe journey, bon voyage, and remember, ya got to cheer up, and never give up hope," Pip sang.

"I won't mope!" Toby sang as well.

"Just cheer up, and never ever give up hope, hope, HOPE!" they both sang.

"Ciao," Pip said, before flying away.

The ruckus caused the others to wake up and come and see what was going on, "You guys will never guess what just happened!" Toby exclaimed cheerfully.

"Try us, we're gullible," Chris said, smiling at the young child.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter 1 of the My Little Pony take on Wakko's Wish. I left out one or two lines, so don't judge me. Let me know what you all think of it!