• Published 10th Aug 2014
  • 447 Views, 5 Comments

Roche Limit - Iamnotarobot



Twilight has to team up with a team of royal astronomers to save Equestria.

  • ...
8
 5
 447

Contemplation

Saturn's POV

Thank goodness the hug was rather short, I mean, i kinda liked it but...The train was arriving on Ponyville in less than twenty minutes. With all this story time and face coloring, I forgot how hungry I was, and that is baffling, because I was really hungry, I didn't have breakfast this morning and I spent my lunch break talking to princess Luna. Finally the train stopped on the Ponyville station. The three little filles stood up, the white one then walked to me and said:

"Thank you for the nerd cutie mark idea!"

I used my trademark condescending face and turned to my Super-Alfa-hardcore-Astronomy Suad!TM. Maybe when this whole asteroid thing is over, we can take pictures for a calendar in superhero suits... Oh yeah.
They were looking at me, waiting for me to do something. Oh right.

"Okay, Princess Twilight, how do you think we should proceed?"

"Oh! Okay! I think I can call my friends and start thinking of a plan."

"Okay! Let's go!"

We all left the train station and walked through Ponyville, as I said before, i've never been there, it was actually a pretty small and simple town, at least for me, a city colt who was born on Baltimare, raised and lived on Canterlot and my vacations being limited to Manehattan. Suddenly my stomach released a grumble, and made my body stop walking, my three companions turned around to face me.

"Uhh... Is there a place were we can eat something first?" I asked shyly.

"Of course!" Twilight exclaimed. "I guess we can stop by Sugarcube corner for a minute, besides, I think Pinkie Pie is working there today."

We all walked to a building, i'm not even joking when I say that there is a giant cupcake on top of that business. If somepony lives there, I can only imagine the mental breakdowns that poor thing must suffer. Nevertheless, we entered and we sat down on a table. We were first greeted by the pleasant aroma of fresh baked bread, and then by a pink earth pony, who litteraly ran across the whole store in like seven seconds and greeted Twilight.

"Hello, Twilight! Who are your friends?!"

"Hey, Pinkie, these are Milky Way, Saturn Eclipse and Telescope Lens, royal astronomers from Canterlot."

"And what brings you here?!" She asked.

I opened my mouth to respond, but I was interrupted by Twilight:

"We'll discuss that later." She then turned to me. "You said you wanted to eat something?"

I nodded and stood up, then Telescope said:

"I'm going with you, i'm a bit hungry too."

We walked up the counter and looked at the treats, I then turned to the stallion on the counter and said:

"I'd like a chocolate chip cookie and a coffee with all the caffeine possible."

"I will have a muffin and a vanilla milkshake, please."

I saw a gray mare with a yellow mane look at us when he said the word 'muffin', but she turned back to her food. While we waited as they made our treats, we looked back to Twilight, Pinkie and Milky talking, but I was mostly focused on the princess of friendship.

"So, Twilight's pretty nice isn-"

"I wasn't staring at her!" I defended myself.
He looked at me, confused, before making a goofy grin. I suddenly realized what that gesture meant and blushed slightly.

"No! It's not what you think!"

He mantained that face and opened his mouth to speak, but I prevented that.

"Lens! Lens! Listen to me! It's not what you think!"

"I think somepony has a 'widdle' crush on Twilight." He finally said.

"No, no! That's not true, please stop saying that!"

"Saturn and Twilight..." He started singing.

"Please don't say that..."

"Seating on a tree..." The pegasus with the azure mane continued.

"Please don't say that..."

"Fine, I won't tell anypony..."

"Thank you!"

"... But, you'll have to do something for me."

"Um... I'm sorry lens, but I'm not on that side of the street."

"What?! No! I want you to set me on a date with Milky."

"Uhuh... And you can't do that yourself because..."

"I'm too much of a coward."

"Right."

"Order up!" The worker's voice finally said.

We took our food and walked to the table, again, I forgot how hungry I was, silly Telescope, I don't have a crush on Twilight, why would I? But now we have far more important business to take care of, I sat down next to Milky and started eating, I could see Telescope holding a smirk the whole time. We finished eating and left, the cookie was pretty good, but that coffee didn't have enough caffeine. As we exited a cyan mare with a rainbow mane crahed into Milky, and then said.

"Whoops... Sorry."

Milky stood up and cleaned the dust of herself.

"No problem. Uh. Your name here."

Yep. Milky was a social pony, unlike me.

"I'm Rainbow Dash, best flyer in all of Equestria."

"I'm Milky Way, best Saturn Eclipse annoyer in all of Equestria."

She wasn't lying.

"Saturn Eclipse? What's that?"

Then I entered.

"That would be me." I simply said.

Twilight walked up to Rainbow and announced:

"We have something big coming. Please tell our friends to meet me at the castle as soon as possible."

Rainbow nodded and flew away, well, she is a really rapid flyer. We finally reached our destination: A crystal castle that resembled a building on top of a tree. I continued staring at it, analyzing every little detail on it. We went inside to a throne room and Twilight sat on her throne, the rest of us just stood awkwardly there, but soon five mares entered and sat on their respective thrones. Then Twilight started to speak:

"Recently, the royal Canterlot observatory received alarming data, Saturn, please enlighten them.

I walked up to the center of the room, so everypony could look at me.

"Hello, i'm Saturn Eclipse, planet, moon and planetoid specialist, and with my sister Milky Way, specialist in galaxies, and my friend, Telescope Lens, telescope expert work at the Royal observatory. Early this morning I received data that said that a massive asteroid will collide with Earth in four-point-three months, so we decided that you, because you being the saviors of Equestria more than three times would have any ideas to prevent this."

The mares' faces were mixed, with emotions including but not limited to: Surprise, fear, deep thinking and concern.

"Umm... Maybe we can try deviating the asteroid with gravity." A yellow mare said quietly.

"I don't think it would work, I mean it could, if we had more time." I responded.

"Oh! okay.sorry." she answered.

"Maybe we can nuke it!" Rainbow said excitedly.

"It wont work, an asteroid with mass enough to cause considerable destruction won't be damaged enough by a nuclear bomb." I heard somepony say, it wasn't me. It was Pinkie Pie! I guess she's right.

We all silently pondered.

Twilight raised her hoof and said:

"Maybe we can send a group of ponies up there."

"That could work, but we will need lots of help."

Twilight turned to a baby dragon sitting next to her and started telling him what to write. Soon she got a letter like this:

Dear princess Celestia

After some contemplation, we devised a plan that might work, but in order to conceive it we need help. Lots of it. I request you to help me gather every available astronomer, astrophysicist, aerospace, mecatronic, astronautical and software engineer.

Princess Twilight Sparkle

The dragon used his fire breath to presumably send the letter to Celestia.

...

We were all outside the castle now waiting for the princess to respond.

"What's taking her so much?!" Rainbow pondered.

"Maybe she's just busy." Telescope responded.

Rainbow turned to Telescope and seemed to focus on his wings, probably because the tip of it had a piece of metal, each one connected to a golden tube that ended on a small metal circle on the base of the airfoil.

"Hey, what you got there on your wing? Wanna fly so I can see what it does?"

"Oh! I would love to! But sadly I can't. Because of something that ocurred on my foalhood...

Author's Note:

I hope to enjoy this! Please leave your opinions and suggestions.