• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,148 Views, 45 Comments

The Equestrian Venture - TheCrimsonDM



when a young human mage creates a portal leading to the pony filled world of Equestria trouble ensues.

  • ...
10
 45
 2,148

Chapters Next
prologue: the new world

THE EQUESTRIAN VENTURE
Prologue: the new world
Written by TheCrimsonDM

Rita Rainwater stood in front of her newest invention, the gateway. It was a device designed specifically for her to travel from the lab to the Castle and back within mere seconds, instead of days. She was proud of the device, although she had yet to test it. But before continuing on maybe we should talk more about just who Rita is.

Rita is a 17 year old human girl with great plans for the future of Arcadia, her home country. she is very blunt and will usually talk before thinking about it, leading her into trouble more often than not. She is also very intelligent and loves to work on creating new projects. And she never gives up without a fight.

She has messy light brown hair coming down to her shoulders, and she wears a red jacket, the arm sleeves are black, and a yellow streak rings around the neck before running down the torso, the jacket come down to her knees in length. There are also numerous pockets on her jacket, holding pens and a journal of hers. She also wears black shorts that are hidden by the jackets length. She is also wearing a pair of simple wooden sandals and her classic red and yellow stripped socks. her socks reach up just past her knees.

She is friends with Princess Estella, and works directly for her. Rita has made all kinds of unique devices which have advanced the technology of Arcadia by a vast amount. Most of her devices function on the fusion of magic and technology.

By imbuing various devices with magic runes, she could use them to draw the magical properties of gems. Gems being used as a power source for her outlandish creations. These gems are also what give’s said items their unique magical properties. She calls this new technology gemtech. With the advent of gemtech came the advancement of Arcadia’s technology. Rita was a huge proponent in the advancement of gemtech.

Rita could use a little bit of magic herself, but she was never very good at shaping her will without an object to focus on. She learned at a young age that she could do practically anything she wanted too if she only had the right tools at hand. Her creative talents made her an oddity at first. But during the war it made her into a hero, a villain, and a renowned scientist.

The past few weeks she has been spending time working on a new project especially for Princess Estella. If she could get this to work then she could see her best and only friend more often. Rita had put far more of her attentions into her studies, and her work than into anything else. Sometimes she found herself feeling lonely, and then she remembers that she isn’t alone. All of her creations are right at hand. Ready to give her the attention that few humans ever did.

Feeling a little nervous as she looked at the Gateway. The gateway was a giant archway standing against the wall of her warehouse. She examined the various gears and gems that aligned this thing. She had placed black agate at the base of the ring to root the power in place, and varying colors of gems placed all along the sides until reaching the top where a single white angel aura crystal sat proudly. There was also a walkway leading up to the middle of the arch.

Rita walked over to a giant machine covered in knobs, buttons, and a single large lever. The machine was a square shaped box connecting to the Gateway by tubes and wires. Much like the rest of her lap the machine smelled faintly of oil. Rita smiled brightly as she grabbed hold of the lever and slammed it down hard. The best part of her job was turning the machine on.

After a spark of electricity the gem’s along the side of the Gateway all began to light up brightly almost like a Christmas tree. Lightning then struck out in the middle of the Gateway’s arch striking out several times before a bright light flashed. The room for a brief instant was light up brightly, before it dimmed and left Rita staring in awe.

The middle of the Gateway’s arch had now become a flat surface almost like glass only this was a bright rainbow color. She could count all six colors of the rainbow…wait there was supposed to be seven colors to a rainbow. Oh well she didn’t care about that too much. Rita slowly walked up to the rainbow mirror being held by the Arch. The rainbow surface had replaced the wall that was standing just behind the arch, and it smelled faintly of candy.

She touched it with a bare hand, running her fingers along its surface. The surface felt a little like water and rippled at the points where her fingers touched. Rita took in a deep breath and psyching herself up, and walked through the mirrored surface with her eyes closed. She knew that the other portal was running right now, and that she was going to end up walking out the other side where the Princess and several scientists awaited her patiently.

***

After walking through she felt the air rushing by her. She opened her eyes just in time to see that she was now falling towards a green meadow. Rita prepared herself for the landing only a few seconds too late and landed on a slope, her knee hitting hard against the earth as she tumbled down the hill for a few seconds before landing on her face with her butt sticking up in the air.

Her face didn’t hurt very much, however her butt was sore from the tumble. She groaned before lying on her back and questioning aloud. “I landed on my face, why is it my butt that hurts?”

She laid there on the grass for a few moments wondering to herself, trying to get a grip on what just happened. She had walked through the portal, which should have carried her into the castle. But instead she landed in the middle of nowhere. She probably entered the wrong coordinates, or something.

She continued to lay there quietly resting hoping that she could get home soon, and fix her mistake. She than heard some kind of strange neigh sound followed by some gibberish she couldn’t understand, it sounded like some foreign language only the neighing sound threw her off. She then felt breathing on her face, hot breath that smelled faintly of frosting. Opening her eyes Rita came face to face with one of her worst fears.

A bright pink horse with a curly pink mane, stood with its muzzle only a few inches away from her face, it was grinning wide. Rita didn’t know that horses could smile. Though that didn’t matter right now, its teeth were bared and it was going to bite her, she just knew it. She froze solid for a second as it stared right at her with its bright blue eyes, and then it opened its mouth and began talking in its weird language. That was all she could handle, before she screamed in terror.

Chapters Next