• Published 6th Aug 2014
  • 2,246 Views, 11 Comments

It's just a bit of fun - Fret



Bored, Discord decides to pay Celestia a visit and teach her a lesson about fun.

  • ...
3
 11
 2,246

The Warm-Up

Twilight sat in her new room, which seemed to be made out of crystals, surrounded by piles of books. Her eyes carefully scanned each word on every page, taking everyone one of them into her knowledge. To keep herself concentrated, she blocked out any action happening around her. Not even someone's loudest call was about to make her lift her head up from her book. She wanted to finish all these books as soon as she could, and she wasn't about to waste one second-

"GAH!" She yelped as she felt a talon tapping her. Twilight looked around drastically to whom it was who had caught her attention.

"Discord?" She gasped in surprise. "Why are you here?"

The draconequus shrugged. "Pfft, I don't know. I thought we were all friends now, can I not pay one of my best friends a visit?" He sadly pouted, half of him wanting her to see the amusing side to it, the other half wanting her to be annoyed.

"Yeah, I know." Twilight replied calmly, to Discord's surprise. "But as you can probably tell, I'm quite busy right now." She turned to the piles of books that sat on either side of her. This caused him to give an amused scoff.

"Twilight Sparkle, you're always reading, do you ever take a break?" He gave a smirk, taking out a book from in the middle of the pile so he could look at the cover. It didn't surprise Twilight that the books didn't give into gravity and tip over, instead stayed in place in mid air.

"I thought your library got destroyed. Where did you get these?"

Twilight breathed out. "Please Discord... don't talk about that."

Discord looked at her and cringed. "Sorry... I'm still getting used to being supportive." It wasn't often he laughed at himself to cheer somepony else up.

"It's fine. But anyway, some of these books are from Celestia, and some of them are from her and Luna's old castle." She answered, gleaming. "They're just too interesting!"

Discord rolled his eyes. "Why would Celestia send you books to read?"

Twilight looked up at him. "Just because I'm not her student anymore, doesn't mean she can't give me studies. Considering, I still like studying."

"Books is the best she can do, huh?" He snorted.

"Your point?" Twilight raised a brow.

"I would expect Celestia to be less formal with her former student." He folded his arms, grabbing books from the pile with his tail to glance at their titles quickly.

"She isn't being formal. I just really like studying." Twilight gave a mocking chuckle to herself and went back to reading, only to be interrupted again by Discord teleporting in front of her, this time lying down on the floor to keep at her current height.

"But at least I know you have a fun side. Heck, even your sister-in-law can be fun to mess with sometimes."

"You've only met her once." Twilight replied flatly.

"Yeah, exactly. I tried to mess Cadance's day up, but she still found it amusing! Celestia however, never finds fun in things." He gave another annoyed pout. "I play a prank on her and she'll just glare at me."

Twilight blinked, not knowing what to say. "Well... I doubt she won't find your antics annoying if your only aim is to annoy her. She is the princess, after all." She stated. That's when Discord sparked an idea.

"You know Twilight Sparkle? You're right. I should try a different method to loosen her up." He stood up confidently, as a random light started shining in the background with him standing in front of it. "Finally, I can break out of my boredom!"

His idea made Twilight spark with worry. "Uh... maybe that's not such a good idea... if you're bored, why not go hang out with Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie?" She suggested.

"Why do you think I came here? Fluttershy's busy with shopping for boring animal stuff, and Pinkie Pie is smart enough to not trust me with those two foals she's foalsitting." He shrugged. "But really, thanks for the idea Twilight. I'll give you some credit if Princess Celestia asks!" With that, he snapped his talon and teleported away.

"Wait what about Rainbow- UGH!" She put a hoof on her face, then, annoyed, went back to reading.

---

Celestia sat on her thrown as she levitated a quill, and a pile of documents. It only took a quick scan of her eyes to know whether something was worth signing or not. And so far, after hours of reading, she hadn't signed her name on anything. And yet, this was part of her daily routine, and she was used to it. Once she had finished going through the pile in front of her, Celestia set them down on her 'useless documents and dumb complaints' pile.

"May I have the next set of files please?" She asked Raven, whom managed all her paperwork.

"There is no more, your majesty." She looked to her side and pointed out the empty space. Celestia would of sighed with relief, but she didn't want to show her boredom.

"Looks like I arrived on time then." Came a sudden voice that made her heart drop. She gave out a quite groan, and looked for the draconequus. It was when Celestia looked forward, she found him. Discord stood on the edge of her thrown with a smug look.

"Discord, I'm not in the mood-" She began, only to be interrupted by her royal guards.

"The Princess is not be disturbed."

"We will have to ask you to leave."

Discord looked at the two stallions who pointed their spears at him, then gave an irritated sigh. He snapped his lion paw, and they both disappeared. He found it funny how Celestia didn't even gasp in shock anymore, just glared at him.

"Discord... where did you send them?" She asked, already sounding fed up of his antics. But oh, he was just getting started, she knew.

"Don't worry, I didn't send them to the Arctic like last time, they're just in the middle of the labyrinth." He tilted his head to the maze outside. Celestia had to admit, since the prank was harmless, it was quite funny, but she wasn't about to laugh.

"Please bring them back..." She sighed. Discord tapped his chin for a moment.

"Eh, they can bring themselves back." He shrugged. He turned back to her, and noticed she wasn't on the thrown anymore. Discord hovered over to her as she walked through the thrown room.

"Where are you heading off to? I thought you had a job." He grunted.

"Well, I need to eat at some point of the day, and I just finished." She answered, not looking at him.

"Let me guess. You didn't sign anything." Discord floated slightly ahead of her on his back.

Celestia looked at him and raised a brow. "Have you been watching me all these hours?"

Discord snorted. "Why in Equestria would I do that? No, I just got here actually. But you're just so predictable. Even you should know this by now."

Celestia rolled her eyes. "Just tell me why you're here." She grunted.

"Oh yes! You see, all my friends seem to be busy with something or other. Then Twilight gave me this great idea. You see, being a princess means you have to be so formal. Or in other words... so boring. I think it's time you loosened up a bit."

Celestia stopped in her tracks. "Twilight said that?" She snorted disbelievingly. Then, one second after that, a letter teleported in front of her. She picked it up off the ground and read it out loud,

"Dear Princess Celestia,

I swear, if Discord's annoying you right now, it's so not my fault! I mean... it is kinda... but I didn't mean for him to annoy you!

You're faithful former student, Twilight Sparkle.

(P.S, I have no idea what Twilight's talking about, I'm just writing down everything she says. - Spike)"

"Told you." Discord smirked, while Celestia just gave another irritated sigh. She teleported the letter away, then carried on walking to the dining room, paying no attention to the draconequus following her.

Celestia noticed that Discord wasn't going to leave any time soon, and she wasn't sure how the workers, or Luna, would react to Discord erupting any sort of chaos among the table, even if it was just her and Luna at the table.

"Um... please behave Discord..." She said to him awkwardly.

Discord looked at her in surprise. "The last time I paid you a visit was before Tirek. This is me after Tirek!" He posed in front of the princess by spreading his arms on both sides of him, and making sure there was some sort of spotlight above him. Celestia just gave him one of her unamused looks.

"So what's changed?" She simply said, half snickering as she did so. The spotlight disappeared and his two different limbs flopped on his sides. Discord gave a disappointed look.

"I'm less arrogant and selfish." He reminded her. Celestia didn't reply, just gave an 'oh really?' stare. She opened the large doors with her hooves, and spotted her sister already sitting down at the table.

"Hello Luna." She greeted her. Luna gave her a friendly smile, but then sighed.

"What's wrong?" Celestia asked, sitting next to her.

"Ugh... Prince Blueblood is apparently joining us this morning..." She muttered.

"Let me guess... he got band from his other eating group again didn't he?"

"Something like that." Luna shrugged. Celestia gave a distressed sigh, until Discord's voice rang in one of her ears.

"Leave it to me, princess." At first, she wondered why she could only hear him in one ear, then she realize Discord had re-sized himself so that he was tiny, and was hiding behind her crown and hanging on to her left ear. Usually, she would of scolded him to not try anything, but the thought of Discord pulling one of his pranks her spoiled nephew made her giggle.

"And just what are you laughing at?" Luna looked at her curiously.

Celestia put a hoof over her mouth so she stopped giggling. "Oh... you'll see."

As soon as she said this, the two doors once again opened, to reveal a smug Prince Blueblood, whom walked with his head high towards the table. Luna snorted silently and rolled her eyes, and Celestia heard the tiny Discord on her head groan.

As he walked towards the table, a waiter pony came with a tray that held three drinks. With his horn, the pony set each glass in front of each pony. Celestia and Luna gave him a thanks with a nod, but Blueblood stood next to his chair. The waiter looked at him awkwardly, not knowing what he wanted. The prince coughed, and tilted his head to the tucked in chair. The stallion took the hint, then, irritated, used his horn to pull the chair out for him (without a thank you).

Just before her nephew sat down, Celestia heard a tiny snap, and knew something was about to happen. Prince Blueblood sat down on his chair, still smug, but as he did, the sound of him breaking wind broke out in the room. When this happened, Luna slammed her hooves on her mouth so that she didn't burst out laughing. But when the spoiled stallion starting blushing out of embarrassment, the Princess of the Night fell back on her chair in a laughing fit. Celestia tried to contain herself, but the urge to at least giggle was too much. Eventually, she was almost laughing as much as her sister.

"I command you all to stop laughing!" Blueblood spat, still blushing, which was now with both embarrassment and anger. Luna found the strength to pull her self up from the floor, using her horn to pick her chair up so she could sit back down properly. Celestia took a few deep breaths so she could calm down, but managed to make herself stop.

"Just bring me my lunch, and I shall leave this cursed dining hall." He yelled to the kitchen.

"They better be quick as possible." Discord whispered into Celestia's ear. She gave a huff of amusement in reply.

A few minutes later, the waiter came back, this time with a tray with each of their lunches. He set Luna's and Celestia's plates in front of them first, and they both nodded a thank you, but he just got a disgusted huff from Blueblood.

"Oh, I just got the best idea." She heard the draconequus whisper excitedly, hearing another snap of his talons. Just before Blueblood took a bite of his food, Discord swapped his hay bunch with what looked like an apple fritter. This confused Celestia at first, but when Blueblood took a bite, and immediately spat it out, she understood.

"Why is this vile piece of country food on royalty's plate?" He gasped.

"If you don't eat it, I'll do the honors." Luna told him. Blueblood willingly pushed his plate towards her.

"There's nothing honorable about disgusting countryside food. I'm leaving this place." He announced, trotting angrily towards the door.

"One more." Discord snickered. As Blueblood reached to opened to door, it suddenly became alive and slammed open, swinging him around to hit the wall. The door once again became inanimate, and Blueblood flopped forward onto the floor, his eyes rolling around dizzily. He clumsily stood up, then stumbled out of the room. With just her and Luna (and Discord), Celestia then started to cackle madly. Luna gave her a suspicious smirk, then interrupted her.

"Was that your doing?" She asked.

Celestia stopped her laughter, and wiped a tear from her eye. "Not really." She assured her.

---

Celestia watched as her little sister trotted to her bed chambers to rest before she started her night shift. That's when Discord teleported in front of the white alicorn, this time in full size.

"Admit it, that was hilarious." Discord looked at her smugly. Celestia sighed, defeated.

"Must I even tell you? I was cracking up." She admitted, running her hoof up her leg.

"See, not even you have to be so serious all the time." He said, using his talon to make her pout. Then he grew a disappointed look on his face. "But of course, this was a one time thing. You definitely wouldn't repeat anything like that on the rest of your duties today." He slowly said, giving her a look she knew. It was his 'I know you want to' stare, and he was right.

"I take your hint. Fine, I'll be as not-formal as I can for the rest of the day."

"Woah really? My mind is blown!" He gasped, as smoke started coming out of his ears. He then handed the princess a water pistol. "I think you better put it out."

Celestia levitated the water gun, wondering what to do with it. "Alright you asked for it." She sighed, regretfully.

"Wait, what are you gonna do with-" Before he could finish, Celestia set the water pistol in line with his ear, then squirted. Discord yelped as the cold water darted inside his head.

"You said to put it out. Should I squirt the other one?" She teased.

"No... really, that felt weird. In a bad way."

Celestia chuckled to herself. "You're the one who got me into this." She retorted innocently. That's when Discord got another one of his ideas.

"Tell you what Celestia. You can go back to your duties, but beware. I may be pulling a few pranks that you'll have to avoid." He put some shades on as he said this. Celestia thought about it for a moment, then breathed out.

"Alright. Just don't go over the top." She warned him, before leaving him to go to a meeting that was scheduled for a few minutes.

"So I'm having fun with Celestia. Something not even I expected." He chuckled to himself, before teleporting off the where she was heading.

---

The past hour, Twilight had finished reading three books, now moving onto her forth. She levitated the next book on the pile towards her, and was about to open it, when...

"Twilight?" A soft voice came from the entrance to her room. She gasped in surprise, then calmed as she saw Fluttershy standing there.

"Hi Fluttershy, I'm quite busy right now, so this'll have to be quick." She told her.

"Oh, okay. Spike told me you knew where Discord is. Pinkie Pie said that she thought it'll be nice if he joined us on our baking session." She said quickly.

"I thought Pinkie was foalsitting?" Twilight asked.

Fluttershy shook her head. "Mr. and Mrs. Cake came back early. Pinkie's free and I think I've done enough chores for today."

"Oh... well Discord's went to Canterlot to annoy Celestia or something like that." She gave an annoyed snort.

The yellow pegasus tilted her head. "Are you sure he went to annoy her?" There was something in her voice that Twilight couldn't recognize, but she didn't want to waste time finding out.

"Well... he said he wanted to 'loosen her up', to be clear."

"That makes more sense." She gave a cute smile. "Thanks Twilight." With that, Fluttershy trotted down the hall.

"Your welco - wait, what do you mean by making more sense?" She called after her, but getting no reply.

---

Author's Note:

Some may be confused by Flutter's actions at the end.

Or not.

Either way I'm not telling you. Work it out yourself.