• Published 17th Sep 2012
  • 2,673 Views, 57 Comments

Earth Pony - Basmati



Imagine you were walking home after the worst day of your life, when a pony of all things jumps out, knocks you unconscious, then demands refuge. It can happen.

  • ...
6
 57
 2,673

Crazy

Waking up, I remember hearing this voice. Quite a familiar voice, although I couldn't quite remember where I had heard it before. Whoever the voice belonged to was pacing up and down in front of me, talking to themselves.

"Oh no. Oh no. What have I done? Oh, I've hurt it. Wait - is it...oh no...it's dead. I killed it. Oh dear...I'm a criminal. A cold blooded murderer. What am I going to do? Wait. Is it...oh, it's breathing. Thank Celestia."

At this point, I could hear this voice quite clearly, and that was when I realised that I was lying on the floor. On the cold, wet, quite dirty floor. My eyes suddenly flicked open, to see the dark alley completely empty. I tried sitting up, but I went up too quickly, and immediately felt lightheaded. In my confused state, I managed to push over a bin that was next to me, and as I looked towards the pile of rubbish that spilled out of it, I noticed something standing next to it.

A pony.

But not just any old pony. I knew this pony. I knew this pony's purple coat, her dark purple mane, streaked with light purple and pink, her amethyst eyes.

"Holy shit...it's Twilight Sparkle."

And that was when I collapsed. Again.

***

I don't know how long I was for that time, but it wasn't long. I woke up with a start to find Twilight standing over me, her horn glowing.

"ARGH!" I immediately started crawling back away from her, straight into the wall.

"Whoa! Calm down!" she said, taking a step towards me.

"Stay back! Stay back," I shouted, pointing my finger at her. Twilight stared at me for a few seconds, then took 3 steps back.

"You...are Twilight Sparkle. Why are you Twilight Sparkle? What the hell is going on?" I said, not taking my eyes off her.

"Err..."

"You are an animated pony! You don't exist!" I sat, with my back against the cold, quite flithy wall, just watching this...this impossibility. I could not understand how it was possible that a cartoon character could be standing in front of me, staring at me in as much confusion as I at her.

That was when I remembered the pain on the back of head. Raising my hand to it, I felt something wet. I immediately checked, and found blood on my hand. It wasn't a lot of blood, but it was enough to get a bit worried.

Of course, I never get a bit worried.

"WHAT THE HELL! I'M BLEEDING!" I screamed, staring in shock at my hand.

"Err...yeah. I might have had something to do with that." I looked up to see Twilight looking down at the hooves, one of them digging into the ground.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, I was scared. You can't blame me. I had no idea where I was - I had been sitting here all day, alone - then all of a sudden, somepony just appears out of the blue and is standing right next to me! It is a natural reaction to fight back in any way."

I looked at her. "What did you do?"

Twilight looked up at me, then lowered her head once more. "I sort of...by accident, of course...hit you. With a rock."

"You did WHAT?!" And it was at about this point when I decided that this was either a dream, or a hallucination.

"Ok. This is not real. You don't exist. You are a figment of my imagination - well, Lauren Faust's imagination. I am still unconscious, or I have a severe concussion and I'm just seeing things. Really weird things," I added, looking at her.

"You are not unconscious - I woke you up with a revival spell," Twilight noted.

"So that's why you were standing over me, with your horn glowing."

"And I would know if you had a concussion - I've already checked you for any signs of long lasting damage. There were none." Twilight looked up at me, with that 'knowing' look on her face.

"Oh, well that settles it then. I've gone completely and utterly mad!"

Twilight sighed, then walked up to me and lay down beside me. "If you're mad, then so am I. One moment standing in Canterlot, demonstrating the power of teleportation to fifth year Magic students, then next standing next to a pile of bins in a cold, wet place that I have never been to before."

Sitting there, with Twilight lying next to me, I started thinking. Thinking, mainly, about what I had done to deserved such a fucked-up day. I sat there, recounting everything that had happened - getting knocked out by a pony, waking up and seeing that said pony, and consequently fainting, only to wake up with the same pony standing over me creepily. Although nothing could prepare me for what was about to happen.

"You know what?" I said, finally breaking the silence that had been created whilst both of us were deep in thought. "I need to go home." I had no idea what time it was, considering that I had no idea how long I had actually been out for both times.

I stood up, and began to brush the dirt and gravel off my clothes, when I noticed Twilight staring up at me.

"What?"

SHe cleared her throat. "Well, I am an Equestrian. I am not from your land. And it is Equestria tradition for ponies to welcome lost and weary travellers into their homes."

"Oh no-" I could see where this was going.

Twilight continued. "You, acting as an ambassador for your land, should welcome me into your home, and care for me, until I can find a way to return to Equestria."

My reaction was simple.

"NO WAY!"

Twilight looked shocked. I decided to justify my outburst.

"Twilight, if you were still living with your parents in Canterlot, and I arrived in Equestria, and you brought me home, what do you think their reaction would be?"

Twilight thought about it for a moment. "Well, initially they would be shocked, but eventually, they would welcome you warmly into their home."

"Well, my parents aren't like that. If they found a purple, talking pony, they would have a heart attack, think they've gone mad, kill you, or phone up Torchwood or something! They would not warmly welcome you into their home." I turned around and began to walk away, thinking that Twilight would follow me, trying out all sorts of persuasion techniques. After a while, I realised that she was being silent, and turned around to find no pony following me.

I walked back into the alley, to find Twilight sitting on the ground, her head hung, facing away from the entrance.

"Twilight..."

She turned.

"I must be crazy...but come on then."