• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,147 Views, 31 Comments

Praise the moon! - xluferx



Solaire, Solaire always is Solaire of Astora the Sun knight. Well no more! Let’s find out with the adventures/misadventures of Lunaire of Notoria Warrior of Moonlight!!!.....................in Equestria of course.

  • ...
8
 31
 2,147

Solaire?! Thou do not mean Lunaire?

Luna’s thoughts raced, creating a tense atmosphere on the small area of the wooded forest. The wind was still whistling as Luna couldn’t stop her gaze from the knight who is wearing the crescent moon as a symbol on its circular object.

The young princess debated with herself about her idea of approaching this particular knight, the hesitation was visible in her blue eyes as the muscles in her wings tensed for the slightest movement which she tried to realize. She kept the stare on the crescent moon meanwhile the argument inside her was still in prosecution; she realized that she was the princess of the night. Princess of Equestria and she rules Equestria with her sister, so she couldn’t act like a scared little filly, she had to act as a proper co-ruler of a nation.

With courage.

When the mental struggling came to an end, with the courage side as winner, Luna slowly and careful approached to the position of the kneeling knight. But all the confidence within her vanished as soon as it came.

‘’I may differ from your following action, so I shall continue with my devoted praises to the glory of the moon’’

Luna’s hooves stepped back when the knight spoke with the voice a bit altered thanks to the metal helmet, inside her head she couldn’t believe it. The knight discovered her presence without moving an inch of his body, but at the same time she started to care less and less when two simple words echoed in her ears ‘praises’ and ‘moon’

Her confidence appeared with more strength than before, she again recovered the mobility of her forelegs and hind legs, and start to slowly resume her approaching to the Moon Knight. The joy of had found a knight devoted to the moon was too much to her to process that she completely forgot her way to the unknown knight. She stopped her self induced trance when something cold, sharp and dangerous touched was being felt on the fur of her throat with no intention of leave.

This time, Luna examined the knight for further details as she was trying to forget the dangerous sword ready to kill her, where nopony could ever hear her screams.

The new knight had a darker tone than the other, but there were very garish differences. For starters, the feather from the metal helmet instead of red was a dark tone of blue that can camouflage perfectly with the starry night. The material of his metal armor was more obscure, the dusk of the night fitted perfectly with it. The large tunic of him was made of white fabric, but it was a white that deserve such name, the reason of such observation was the fact that the fabric had no trace of a single spot of uncleanliness. The knight showed purity even in his robes.

The shoulders protection wasn’t green and appeared to seem lively green grass, instead was a very deep purple tone but the semblance of the grass remained without a scratch of change. Finally the big crescent moon at the middle of the knight’s chest was the last thing that Luna analyzed but this matter was with more interest than the others, the description was beyond her words. But only two words were near to describe such symbol that the intellect of Luna couldn’t describe.

Powerful
&
Beautiful

Those plain words were the sole thing that Luna could say in her astonished mind.

‘’Thou did not listen to my plain request; my devoted praises had been shattered for your stubbornness. Is not rage what is waxing inside me, neither enjoyment, but my words express my discontent towards your actions’’

Luna snapped back to reality again thanks to the old peaking of the Moon knight, the hostility of his sword was noticeable as it was his discontent. The initial shock was still in her, causing to pronounce a poor apologize to the warrior.

‘’We apologize….but your praises to the moon perked up our curiosity’’ She managed to said, the cold sword made her difficult to give a proper and formal apologize to him. She still was nervous and worried about her well-being but when she saw him her hope about the night returned immediately, causing her to never leave the forest until she had spoken to the Knight with crescent moon.
Luna felt a great relief when the once aggressor removed the sharp sword from her throat, leaving her to breath carefree now that her life was not in grave danger.

‘’May I ask, who is the one that persisted in hear my praises even if such one could had gotten injured?’’ The knight inquired as his sword unsheathed to the large piece of leather which was placed around his belt.

The confidence of Luna was expressed when she lifted her gaze with pride as the same with her head and cleared her throat, where once was the place of a threatening sword ‘’OUR NAME ARE LUNA, PRINCESS OF THE NIGHT AND CO-RULER OF THE MAGICAL LAND OF EQUESTRIA’’ The Royal Canterlot voice was loudly enough that few ponies members of the covenant stopped their praises when they heard the voice, but they ignored it and continued with their devotions.

The warrior never stepped back or move an inch to such unnecessary loudly introduction, instead he increased the pressure of his metal boot to the ground, making himself to remain like a stone wall. Only after the presentation did he bowed in respect and introduced himself with his title and name.

‘’Allow me to provide thou with my name which is Lunaire of Notoria an adherent of the Lord of Moonlight, co-ruler of the Magical Land of Equestria’’

Lunaire was melting in joy, now it was verity. The falling comet was made for her to find her soon knight who willingly will serve her and her night, she only needed to prove how much was the amount of fervor that this knight had.

‘’You mentioned Moonlight, and the symbol on your chest a crescent moon. How are you related with the moon, may I inquire?’’ Luna questioned with fake curiosity to prove him and try to keep him from wander alone inside the Everfree, if that would have been his next action after his praises.

Lunaire after heard the question lifted his head with chin up, with full of pride and by slowly steps he used his right arm to point to Luna’s moon without him knowing ‘’Your superstitions art correct, my vow is completely to the warriors of Moonlight lead by the powerful Gwynolyn, but my quest has a small amount of selfishness because my quest consist in search my own Moon’’

Luna’s happiness increased with every word that that Lunaire spoke, as the same with the seconds. Again Luna questioned the knight but this time about his selfish quest ‘’Why are you interest in find your own Moon?’’

This time Lunaire didn’t turn to receive the question accordingly, instead he extended both of his arms towards the moon again
‘’The moon is the most beautiful thing that dost not have comparison, nor another equal. The moon gives thou hope when your spirit is lacking of strength or the will of continue, as well protection from your foes who dare to attack a servant of the sacred moon. The light that our moon provides us with so much kindness is not blinding to our humble eyes, even if those eyes art unworthy of such kindness. Instead such kindness bring us calm and reliability every single time that thou appreciate art observing.’’

The knight now known with the name of Lunaire stopped his speech for recover his exhausted breaths to continue his talking
‘’She is the reason about why I fight to live one more day, even if I have to await for her a month. And when the time comes I shall be there to pray her for the remaining hours before she goes down’’

Lunaire’s arms went down, except for his right arm that instead went to his heart with noticeable stiffness at the same time with devotion ‘’Don’t thou see? My Moon is the one that every person searches in their life. Happiness and joy will be the only emotions that she shall provide us. And she will never betray thou’’ Only after he finished, did his arm lower to its original place where it belongs.

Luna was too touched by his words, nobody or pony had ever said such things about her night. The tears of happiness started to form in the corner of her eyes but it stayed like that, only in mid-formation leaving the warmness and joy overtook her heart. But her ears twitched at the last statement of his, confused she wondered to herself what did he mean about being betrayed. Questions like that wandered in her head for a short while.

‘’What were you trying to say with the last part about betrayal, Lunaire?’’

Slowly was the movement that Lunaire did for turn his protected head to stare at Luna, even if the darker metal helmet covered prevented his face to be showed to her, his seriousness and conviction were visible. Luna felt that Lunaire was touching her soul with only his stare.

‘’Hear my words well Co-ruler of the Magical land of Equestria, and hear them carefully. The sun will betray your trust when the opportunity appears ‘’ He broke the connection of gazes by turning his stare to lock with the moon from above to resume his words.
‘’Thou cannot over enjoy the sun, because it will take such action as disrespect and burn thou. The sun’s light will support thou as the same with your foes, IT! Dost not care if you art an enemy or an ally, the sun consider everybody unworthy to its grace and the one that believe otherwise by using his eyes to see such grace, will be blind as punishment’’

The conviction of the moon knight speech is absolute, and the tone sounded dark. His manner of speak about the sun was incredibly similar to the way that Solaire speaks about Luna’s moon, like a monster that should be slayed.

Without no warning Lunaire’s knees went to the grassy ground allowing the metal collided creating an audible clank that made Luna flinch a little, causing her to blush from the embarrassment even if there was no soul alive in the woods, except for her and the Warrior of Moonlight.

‘’The Moon instead would have never dared to think such meanness, she is so noble and caring, furthermore she provide us protection with her light from our enemies’’

Lunaire was too deep in his thoughts and words about his Moon that he didn’t notice the approaching of the night princess who now stood to his right side contemplating the moon with him.

‘’Indeed she is, Lunaire’’ The younger sister spoke with softness in her tone.

The whistling of wind passed through the woods and leaves, creating a natural symphony, those was of the moments where someone don’t care about the rest world and only focus in enjoy that moment. The forest wasn’t scary like Celestia described to the citizens of Equestria, the Everfree forest was a normal forest right now, a beautiful one we can say.

As the time of peace was passing second by second a strong and no so blinding light descended to the equine figure of Luna, who was with her eyes closed feeling the natural symphony of the woods. She never noticed but her body was glowing with the touch of the light, which Lunaire noticed immediately. Lunaire was fully standing in astonishment of the revelation that held Luna’s rump.

The princess had a crescent moon.

The speechless knight only stared in disbelief, at the same time with joy. He was muttering incoherent words as he continues his gaze locked with the image.

Luna didn’t fault in heard the muttering, so she opened her eyelids. The light stopped as the same with the glowing figure of her. The night princess never knew about the light over her body causing her to glow, but still she tilted to one side her head as the question left her lips.

‘’Did you say something?’’

Shockingly Lunaire kneeled with head down as the same with both of his arms to the ground, in signal of totally respect to her.
‘’How could I been so foolish to never notice my moon?!’’ The regretful knight continued ‘’My Moon was always at my side!’’

Luna who was recovered from the sudden action approached to the knight with her curiosity perked up, but with a warm smile plastered all over her face. But she stopped her tracks with the following sentence

‘’My Moon is exactly like I expected to be, beautiful, caring, noble and kind’’

Again the shock overtook her; almost no one had ever dared to say those kind words to her. Most of the time was her sister the one who tell them, and her Lunar guards but they said them only in respect not because they mean it.

‘’I may not be worthy for had doubted thou, but I still plead thou to let me be your servant of the beautiful and humble night.’’ Lunaire raised his head to lock gazes with her ‘’I PLEAD THOU TO BE MY MOON’’ and then he lowered his head to continue his respects.

Finally Luna couldn’t hold the tears of happiness anymore, they were freely coming out from her eyes as the same time her smile became wider. Finally the fear of her subjects towards the night will disappear, they will love the night as the same like the day, even more the night than the day.

Wiping out the warm tears with one of her forelegs Luna pronounced the awaited words

‘’You may rise, Warrior of Moonlight’’

Author's Note:

I am very tired guys, I finished this late but I did it however yay! So any erros that you find here point it on the comments

I made calculations and I believe that I will only be able to give a new chapter of one story every week, cause my third bimester was more difficult that I expected to be.

Also now we know a bit about Lunaire, I wonder how the meeting with solaire would be. Future chapters will be reasonof why I tagged this random!!

Funfact: I thopught in finish the chapter with a timberwolves fight instead of a plead.

Lufe out!