• Published 8th Aug 2014
  • 2,144 Views, 31 Comments

Praise the moon! - xluferx



Solaire, Solaire always is Solaire of Astora the Sun knight. Well no more! Let’s find out with the adventures/misadventures of Lunaire of Notoria Warrior of Moonlight!!!.....................in Equestria of course.

  • ...
8
 31
 2,144

Battle of two magnificent symbols

Everything around was odd.

It was very hard to concentrate at all, her surroundings were there but at the same time they were not.

She saw white but then a vast sea of darkness.

Something needed to be done, or recalled?

What was important to remember despite being such state and force the limits of the body?

Sunset Shimmer didn’t have the slightest of clues to give a clear answer to that sudden question.

But shocking was the key word.

Shocking revelation indeed.

Around her the two colors vanished and a new one came, the yellow.

The electrical yellow which took the form of a large object, a spear to be precise. A spear which moments later flew at her so fast that she didn’t have time to dodge it or even attempt and that was enough to reveal the shocking true.


She was in a room with the walls painted with very light tones of blue accompanied with many posters that only talked about the magnificence of the moon and alike.
A calm breeze of wind that somehow managed to enter the room caressed her hair giving a smooth sensation which she gladly accepted and cherished but she didn’t smile closing her eyes was enough for her.

No complains truly speaking.

True to be told, she didn’t care of what happened at that moment; she just wanted to get up and stretch her body because she felt that one of her bones from her back was not where it should be and it was annoying her just a bit.
But that was going to be put on hold the moment a hand started to pet her head.

“You require more training, there is no reason to fret over such uneventful development.”

Her eyes didn’t make it, she lost the focus on his words the moment her sigh landed on the silver plate with hot cocoa and cookies. And the nature of her body made itself present doing an embarrassing sound but since her current companion was a friend who she really cared for, there was no hint of embarrassment in such a petty thing; though if it was one of the princesses then that would have become a whole different story. She sweared that a tiny voice would have said the next lines, Shame on you, shame on your cow.

“I lost...right?” What left her mouth faltered and showed hesitation to pronounce the words alone, a right feeling but also one which shouldn’t be ashamed for.

A head being covered by the protection of the Iron helm of the Moon stared at her but she could see the gentle eyes behind the helmet. But the nod that he gave felt like she recieved a blow on her stomach leaving her without breath.

She looked anywhere but him and the food placed for her, she didn’t want to face either of them she didn’t feel like she deserved them.

Why? you ask.

Well she remembered how the battle went and it didn’t last to actually be called a fair duel.

She recalled that Twilight ued the wind on her favor to create a wall of dust which she immediately dissipated but the moment she did that something was already on front of the eyes and the small glimpse that she was able to catch was a large yellow object, then darkness enveloped her.

“As promised I brought you your favorite meal.”

Even if she was friend with Twilight losing so fast and easy really hurted her pride.

“Sunset Shimmer, don’t beat yourself over the past.”

What he said stung on her heart, and then it spread over her being only to concentrate on her eyes.

“I...I just…”

However she never finished what she wanted to say because he stopped her, not on purpose. His mere action of removing his headgear left her speechless.
He almost never removed his helmet unless he was ordered by the princess of the night herself to do so, or to give his respects.

“Lunaire…”

The wise and reassuring smile his never left his face. “Losing is part of life, I’ve lost battles as I have won. Sometimes my battles lasted for hours as for mere seconds, but at the end of every single one of them I learned something anew.”

“There is no shame in losing a duel, each one of you trained and at the field of battle both of you did their best.”

Sunset felt bad still, she didn’t have time to nothing at all and yet he was telling her that she did her best; she wasn’t sure if he was lying to her or he was being honest but he never lied to her in all her life.

“I just, never expected that Twilight learned to use the Sunlight spear.” Her body shifted to the other side of the bed trying to cover her shame with the soft mattresses of the bed where she was resting;quite comfortable mind you.

“Remember my dear friend, speaking your worries will relieve you of the weight that you should not endure for the sake of something that might not be worth at all.”

That said got her thinking and ponder about her current situation, his words held true but letting her worries leave her thought her mouth was something that might prove difficult to her because one can’t simply say something personal like greeting a friend.

“It was so fast…”

“Even the greatest of heroes met their demises in seconds.” Lunaire said remembering one of the greatest man of Lordran and perhaps the only knight who managed to defeat Sen’s Fortress. “There is no disappointment from my part neither and our brother and sister of arms, even less from our Moon.”

“I...thank you Lunaire.” He spoke the truth as ever, she was feeling a lot better than before. Is more she felt so good that she used her magic to bring the delectable treats which her friend brought to her, the chewing sound of cookies filled her paladar with pleasure at savouring a common yet delicious pastry.

“When you feel better go with our Moon, who is waiting for you up above.” The knight finally got up from the chair which he had been sitting for the time being, then he placed his protective gear on his head once again and the Warrior of Moonlight who everypony knew was again on his feet ready to praise the moon.

However something anew bothered deep inside on her mind, she was unconscious and she never bothered to ask how much time had passed since then. “Lunaire, how much did I miss.” She expected a response in time and quantity not a cheerful laugh which was intensified by the iron helmet.

“My friend, you are still on time to witness the most glorious and honorable feat for us.”

“JOLLY COOPERATION!”

Author's Note:

Well..shit
Next time i will have a second save of my work.
Seriusly I promised a chapter after feeling so inspired by defeating picachu and Snorlax but after writing I left because University become a really pain in the ass and when I returned the files got corrupted, and I had to start everything from the begining and wellyou can't get something exactly the same than before so yeah it kinda got me down for a while. So brned y sorrows with dark souls which also filled me with sorrow after learning the crude reality of the world of Dark Souls. T put it simply, the chosen one arrives in time of despair however they doubt of the chosen and blunty state that is useless to act (Crestfallen warrior)
Time progereses and you save and do progrs showing that you can do it and you will do it, everybody start to belive in you and decided to act rather than just ramble or pity themselves. HOWEVER THAT'S only half, after that point one by one fell to hollowing, as you traveled you learned the fate of thee ones you helped and helped you the more you went the less you wanted to go because what lied ahead was just crude reality.

Siegmeyer and Sieglinde
Tarkus
Laurentius
Lautrec
Beatrice
Griggss
Logan
Cresfallen Warrior
Rhea
Nico
Vince
Solaire ;-;

I can sy that Dark souls is very beautiful tragic piece of art.

Hope I didn't bothered you with my thoughts :twilightsheepish:
Hopefully it will be worth the wait,
Lufe out!