• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,549 Views, 41 Comments

Fallen Pegasus - TheGreatAndPowerfullHaje



One night, a lonely and broken Scootaloo runs into an old friend.

  • ...
1
 41
 1,549

Chapter 4: Parties, Ponies and Rainbows

"Let’s get right down to our first order of business. I motion that Rainbow Dash be declared the most awesome pony in Ponyville.”

Nighttime in Ponyville, and not a creature was stirring…except at Carousel Boutique. From the darkness, a young Pegasus came running towards the party. Passing the left side of the boutique she spotted Pinkie Pie trying to sneak in a rather large cake. But Scootaloo had no time to waste, because she may have overslept a little bit.

Just a little bit….

She was late.

Reaching the front entrance Scootaloo was halted by a Gigantic, Humongous, (Basically he was big.) Minotaur. The beast looked like he’d lived a hundred lives. Big scary eyes, a grey coat and a face filled with scars, the beast stood guard by the front entrance. Before Scootaloo could even get a word out he spoke with a deep and intimidating voice.

“You’re not on the list.”

Two things went through Scootaloo’s mind at that moment. What the hell is he talking about? And how did Rarity get, or even need this kind of security.

“You don’t even know my name.” She protested.

“Doesn’t matter it isn’t going to be on this list.”

“But..”

“Get lost.”

Scootaloo was getting really angry with this cow, who the hell does he think he is anyway? “You want to make this a thing big guy?”

The minotaur laughed mockingly. “You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Scootaloo raised her front hooves: “Let’s dance baby.”

The minotaur was about to teach this little pony a lesson when a voice stopped him.

“Spleen Ripper darling, could you please not fight our guests?” Rarity was standing behind him. “Scootaloo dear, I’m so sorry if Spleen Ripper here was a bother to you, he knows better than to act that way. Spleen Ripper say you’re sorry.”

Scootaloo was speechless at the sight of seeing this minotaur slumping down and saying: “Yes miss Rarity.” He turned to face Scootaloo. “And sorry to you miss Pegasus.”

“Right then. Looks like we’re all friends again.” Rarity said, motioning for Scootaloo to follow. As she walked passed Spleen Ripper Scootaloo had to stick out her tong. Causing an angry growl from the Minotaur. “Oh don’t mind him dear, he just a little overprotective.”

“Yeah I get that, what’s he doing here anyway?”

“Keeping the store safe dear.”

“From what?”

“Oh that’s a long story.” Rarity said in a tone that meant Scootaloo shouldn’t pry any further. “Anyway it’s so great to see you again Scootaloo dear, Sweetie was so excited about you coming.” Rarity continued as they walked into the party.

Rarity had really expanded her shop these last few years Scootaloo noticed. In her sight she could see most of ponyville. Smooth brass music filled the room, not really party music, but hey it was a Rarity party.

“Now Scootaloo you really should visit Ponyville more often we really miss you here.” Rarity spoke with a sincerity.” Scootaloo hadn’t seen coming from her. “Now I know that what happen with your mother..”

“Stop!” Scootaloo almost shouted causing a few ponies to stop what they were doing and turn to look at Scootaloo much to her embarrassment. “Look Rarity..” She continued more hushed. “I get what you’re trying to say. But I don’t want to talk about that. I’m sorry.”

“No Scootaloo I’m sorry, I should have been more careful.” Rarity said apologetically.

“It’s alright Rarity, I should probably get to mingling, you don’t happen to know where Sweetie Belle is?”

“I’m afraid she even fashionably latter then you are dear, she went out right before the party started saying she had to take care of something and that she should be back later.”

That disappointed Scootaloo, more then she would’ve thought.
“Uhm okay..What about Applebloom? Is she here?”

“I’m sorry, she was here but left to pick up her coltfriend from the station.”

“Applebloom has a coltfriend?” Scootaloo said with a little more skepticism then she should’ve. “Well then I guess I’ll just have to find the bar.” Scootaloo said as she walked away.

“Wait dear! Rainbow….” Rarity tried to say. “Dash wanted to see you..” She finished. But Scootaloo was already out of range.

It was twenty minutes later and Scootaloo was sitting at a table with a nice jug of cider. She had already talked to many familiar faces. Featherweight was apparently head photographer for the Canterlot Chronicle. And Snails was assistant to Diamond Tiara’s dad. Thank Celestia Diamond herself wasn’t here Scootaloo thought. Even Silver Spoon was nowhere to be seen. She looked around a bit and saw that Pinkie was weeling in the giant cake Scootaloo saw earlier. She saw Rarity walk over with a confused look when suddenly Pinkie grabed a microphone out of nowhere.

“Hello everypony! I know you’re having a good time. But I thought with some better music you could have a great time!” Suddenly a big spotlight focused on the cake. “So I present to you the band: ‘It came from magical flux.’” Suddenly the cake burst open revealing, well, a band. With equipment and everything.

The lead singer took the microphone. “Hello everypony! my name is DeWolff and this the band.” Several band member waved at the crowd awkwardly. “I’d like to begin with our new single: ‘Revenge off the Seaponies.’”
They started playing and sweet music filled the room.

The crowd seemed to enjoy this change of ambiance and went along with. Rarity looked like she had accepted it. But looking at the way she was zipping away at her cider Scootaloo knew what she was thinking ‘I’m going to get you Pinkie Pie.’

“Ah didn’t know Rarity her parties could have this kind of entertainment.” A familiar voice said, making Scootaloo turn with a smile.

“Applebloom, good to see yo..”Scootaloo started but the look in Applebloom’s eyes made her stop.

“That all ya got to say for yourself?”Applebloom said sternly.

“I..”

“Don’t get me started Scootaloo, you went off to St. Elsewhere and never came back. We were you friends? What we weren’t good enough for even a letter every now and then?”

“Applebloom I’m sorry. I should’ve seen you guys more often.”

“Darn right. But I forgive you.” Applebloom suddenly said with a smile.

“Wait what? Just like that?” The sudden change in Applebloom’s demeanor surprised Scootaloo.

“Ayep just needed to see if you cared.” Applebloom said as she took a seat next to Scootaloo.

“So Applebloom, what have you been up too.” Scootaloo smiled as Applebloom began telling her all about her work, how she was developing something she called a ‘Arcanoscience Computing Device’ whatever that was. And how Princess Celestia had commissioned her to design a school for Princess Luna as a surprise.

============={OOO}=============

Frustrated, Sweetie Belle left Sugar Cube corner, just as Rarity’s party was about to start she was called away by Flim who wanted her to meet somepony who had some potential work for her, that work turned out to be a porn flick. Sufficed to say, Sweetie Belle was going to kill Flim. The whole affair had made her well beyond fashionably late for the party.

As she made her way to the front of Carousel Boutique, she saw Spleen Ripper standing in the way, he was just about to say something when Sweetie spoke:

“Not in the mood Spleen, Get out of my way.”

“Yes little Rarity.” the minotaur said as he stepped aside.

“AND DON’T CALL ME THAT AGAIN” Sweetie shouted back.

She completely ignored the party and went upstairs to change. In her haste she also missed an Earthpony and a Pegasus waving to her.

She closed the room to the door and went straight for her bags, after some digging she found what she was looking for, a large bottle of Wild Pegasus. After taking a few big gulps she placed it back in her bag. Celestia she needed that, and maybe a little…? No. There wasn’t time for that. After all there was a party to attend to.

Slowly she freshened up and changed into the dress she had prepared, when she heard her door opening. Slowly Scootaloo made her way inside, the sight of the Pegasus almost made Sweetie jump with happiness. “Scootaloo!” She cried out as she launched herself into Scoot, hugging her fiercely. Making the Pegasus blush just a little.

“Hey Sweetie, ehm, me and Applebloom saw you charging upstairs, completely ignoring us.” A flustered Scootaloo managed to say.

“Oh..” The sudden realization of how she went upstairs made Sweetie feel quite embarrassed. “Sorry didn’t see you” She said blushing furiously.

“Yeah it’s alright just…is something wrong Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo asked with a look of concern in her eyes.

“Had a bad business meeting and let’s keep it that.” Sweetie said as got up.

“Okay, won’t mention it again. Ready to go down?”

“Ready.” Sweetie said with a smile.

As they made their way down the stairs Scootaloo suddenly stopped. “Hey Sweetie Belle?”

“Yeah?”

“What the buck is the deal with that minotaur?”

“I have no idea Scoot, Rarity won’t tell me.” Sweetie shrugged. It had bothered her a lot that a minotaur seemingly lived at Carousel Boutique. It bothered her even more, that Rarity never gave her a straight answer about what he was doing there. Still it wasn’t the end of the world. Just a story that had yet to be told.

“Right.. Your sister is weird Sweetie.”

“Tell me about it.” They giggled as they started walking again.

============={OOO}=============

Scootaloo was happy, really happy. She had just reconnected with Applebloom and now she was joking around with Sweetie Belle. She had to admit she was a little worried about how Sweetie Belle acted at first but she lost that concern when Sweetie seemed to be alright.

They slowly made their way to the table where Scoot left Applebloom, only now sitting next to Applebloom was a young unicorn stallion with a blue mane, green coat and a clipboard for a cutiemark balancing on his nose was a pair of glasses that almost seemed to shimmer.

“Sweetie Belle you made it.” Applebloom said in a sigh of relief. “Where were you off to anyway?”

“Oh just needed a change of clothes.”Sweetie said sheepishly.

Applebloom chuckled “Ah swear you’re turning into your sister more and more each day.”

“Am not!” Sweetie objected.

“Are too!” Scootaloo said trying to provoke the unicorn.

“Am not!”

“Are too!”

A cough coming from the Stallion made them stop, “Applebloom..” He spoke in a Canterlot accent. “Aren’t you going to introduce me to your friends?”

It took a few seconds for Applebloom te realize what had been asked. “Uh what now..Oh..OH!...Yeah. Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, this is Bob Hired, my coltfriend. Bob these are my best friends Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“Pleasure ladies.” Bob said as he shook Sweetie Belle’s hoof. “Nice to meet you...Bob.” Sweetie said with a forced smile.

When the buck turned to shake Scootaloo’s hoof the Pegasus couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“What the buck kind of name is Bob Hired?” She blurted out much to her embarrassment. Causing a shocked look from Applebloom and one of amusement from Sweetie Belle.

“My name.” The buck said, not losing his smile for even a moment.

“So what do you do Bob?” Sweetie Belle said trying to salvage the situation.

That made the buck smile even more as he started talking about his work. And kept talking. And kept talking. About how he worked closely with the department of foreign affairs. Directly under a Prince Blueblood. He told them about how he even met the princesses a few times. Scootaloo kept awfully quiet during this part. He talked about how he had fiendishly tricked the Zebra’s in giving up some land vital to Equestria. About how it was his idea to merge the Everfree and Manehatten province. He didn’t stop talking until a whole while later when Applebloom managed to convince him to dance with her. And much to Scootaloo’s relief she was left alone with Sweetie Belle again.

They said there for a few minutes in comfortable silence, and just when Sweetie was about to break the Silence, Twist took a seat in between them.

“Hey Scootaloo glad you back!” The curly mare said.

“Hey twist, long time no see. How are things working out for you.” Scootaloo said, glad to see her old classmate.

“Pretty great, Pinkie can be a hard boss sometimes but I’m learning a lot. Anyway you look great Scootaloo.”

“Haha thanks Twist not looking to bad yourself.” Wait was Twist flirting with her? Scootaloo took a quick look at Sweetie Belle who looked..annoyed? ‘Nah probably just my imagination.’ She thought as looked at twist again.

“Thanks Scootaloo. So I was wondering, what do you guys think about Applebloom’s new coltfriend?” Twist asked.

Scootaloo took look around but Applebloom and ‘bob’ seemed nowhere near here. “He’s a…Total tool!” She finaly said.

“Such a huge tool.” Sweetie agreed. “I mean Bob Hired? Really how fake can your name be?”

“Oh I am so very close to Princess Celestia, She almost let me kiss her flank.” Scootaloo added in her best ‘Bob’ imitation.

The tree young mares burst out in fit of giggles.

Twist was the first to speak again.
“So Sweetie Belle, why are you still single.”

Scootaloo had to admit the thought had crossed her mind as well. Sweetie was really attractive, and was a great person. Any buck would be lucky to even look at her let alone date her.

“I just haven’t found the right Stallion yet.” The unicorn said with a slight blush.

“Same here, just replace stallion with mare.” Twist added.

“Amen to that Sister.” Scootaloo said raising her glass. Something made Scootaloo wonder though, when Sweetie Belle had said ‘Stallion’ it made her stomach turn. Made her feel a little jealous. Did she have feelings for her old friend? ‘Nah just too much cider talking.’ She thought to herself. ‘Some fresh air was what she needed.”

“I need a smoke.” Scootaloo said as she got up.

“Since when do you smoke?” Sweetie said a little confused.

“Since a while.” Scootaloo said not wanting to have this conversation. “I’ll be back in a little while.” She continued as she made her way to the back porch.


The outside air did her good, she lighted her cigarette but then stopped when she saw a familiar Rainbow mane’d Pegasus standing in front of her. She quickly turned around and tried to go back inside when Rainbow Dash flew over her head and landed right in front of her.

“And where the hell do you think you’re going.” The angry cyan mare said. “You have been avoiding me for weeks.”

“Sorry.” Scootaloo mumbled.

“SORRY? Is that all? Scootaloo I am your friend damn it.”

“Look dash..”

“Don’t look dash me! So you screwed up at the young fliers competition, so what? That’s no reason to avoid me.”

Now Scootaloo was getting angry. “I didn’t just screw up dash and you know it. I got last place, and I almost got a pony killed.”

“Yeah, you got last place, because you where to busy saving that pony that almost got killed. It wasn’t your fault ”

“I know that Dash, it’s just..last place I disappointed you, you got me in the contest in the first place. And I messed up.” Tears were springing in Scoots eyes.

“Scootaloo, I’m your friend, I mean I taught you to fly. You think I never screwed up? I know how good you are. The other Wonderbolts know how good you are. Hell, Soarin’s begging me to get you on the team. And when you just disappeared after the contest, it, well it Hurt a lot kid.” Rainbow Dash started to tear up as well.

“Look Dash, I’m really sorry. It’s just I couldn’t take disappointing you. Not after all that has happened. I just, I had to get away. But you’re right. I shouldn’t have done that. I can you forgive me?”

Dash hugged Scootaloo fiercely. “Of course I can Scootaloo, just don’t ever pull a stunt like that on me again. Oh Celestia look at us, all this emotional stuff is bad for our image.” Dash and Scootaloo both started to laugh at that. And kept laughing.

“Oh and Scootaloo.” Dash said suddenly a lot more serious. “At the wonderbolt tryouts in a few months. Well, you better bucking be there. Or I swear to Luna I will find you and kick your flank there myself.”

“Deal!” Scootaloo couldn’t believe how she had treated Dash lately. Especially when all Dash tried to do was help her. “Oh and Dash?” Scootaloo just had to know this.

“Yeah?”

“Is it true that you and Spitfire had a fling?”

Dash chuckled. “I don’t know, is it true you and Spitfire had a fling?”

Scootaloo blushed furiously. Nobody was supposed to know about that. It was a onetime thing, they’d run into each other in some club called ‘The Living Tombstone.’ Named after the famous DJ.

“No comment.” She managed to stammer out.

“I Bucking knew it! Spitfire wouldn’t admit it but I just knew it.” Dash reveled in glee. “But yeah me and her had a thing going on too.”

“But” she added “That’s all in the past. I’m looking for something a little more stable now.”

“Rainbow Dash slowing down? The world is truly ending.” Scootaloo said melodramatically.

“Yeah, yeah, stuff it kid.” Rainbow said with a hint of a smile. “Hey Scootaloo?”

The orange Pegasus looked up. “Yeah?”

“You can be my wingmare anytime.”

~Authors note:~

This chapter is about a week later than planned but sometimes things get in the way. Luckely, the next chapter is almost done thanks to half a bottle of Jamison and being stuck on an island with nothing to do. Also how would you guys feel about me traumatizing Sweetie Belle in a chapter soon to come? I have this idea but I'm not sure if I should do it. Now, if you'll excuse me I'll go sober up now.