• Published 14th Apr 2012
  • 1,549 Views, 41 Comments

Fallen Pegasus - TheGreatAndPowerfullHaje



One night, a lonely and broken Scootaloo runs into an old friend.

  • ...
1
 41
 1,549

Chapter 3: Home Sweet...

“These namby pamby stories aren’t bringing us any closer to our cutiemarks.”

“Welcome back to Ponyville Scootaloo!”

Standing in front of her was a large mass of smiling pink.

“Om my gosh, when Sweetie Belle told us you where coming we couldn’t believe it, but she was right!”
“Pinkie..”
“I’ve never been so excited well except that one time when Twiligh…”
“PINKIE!”

The pink pony turned her head upside down. “Yes Scootaloo?”
“You were rambling.” It was all a bit too much for Scootaloo, still she had to admit, it was good seeing Pinkie again.

“Oh yeah I do that sometimes, like the time me and Dashie…”

Well something that was close to good anyway.

Scootaloo wondered why the Pink pony was there at all. “Pinkie what are you doing here?”

“Well to welcome you back of course, I’d throw you a party but you’re already going to a party tonight.” Pinkie said while jumping around Scootaloo, how she could do that without breaking something is to this day still a mystery. How did Pinkie even know when she would be here?

“Wait? How did you know when I was arriving?”

“The writer told me, silly.”

“Right..” Scootaloo didn’t get it, and thought it best to leave it at that.
Suddenly Pinkie came to a full stop almost making Scootaloo trip. “Oh no, I forgot something super duper important.” She turned around and raced away.

Scootaloo was grateful for the sudden peace as she slowly made her way to the town inn. Looking up she thought she saw some trace of a rainbow. "Nah it's just my imagination."


Ponyville looked no different than it had years ago, the market was still buzzing with ponies, and Scootaloo was sure she saw the apple family apple stand somewhere around here. And sure enough, in the distance manned by none other than Applejack herself.

The country pony looked no worse for wear, in fact Applejack was looking even better with age. ‘Dammit Scoot that’s Applebloom’s sister for Luna’s sake.’ She scolded herself. Recovering and moving on, her destination came in to view.

‘Punch Drunk Tavern.’ Was a local tavern and inn that was started a few years back. Run by Berry Punch. It was quite renowned as the best place in Ponyville to get a cheap bed and a stiff drink.
Although the outside was your standard Ponyville architecture. When Scoot went inside, she found it looking like a cross between a Coplin pub and one of those taverns the Griffins had up north.

“Well well well, look who finaly decided to show her face again” Berry Punch was standing behind the bar with a smug face.

“Hello to you too Berry Punch.” Scootaloo said with a smile.

“Hehe, good to see you kid, when the I heard you were coming I could hardly believe it. So I guess you’d want a room.”

“Yeah..Wait! How did you know I was coming?”

Berry Punch chuckled. “Well you see, Sweetie Belle mentioned it to Rarity and Rarity mentioned it to well, everypony.”

Scootaloo couldn’t help but laugh “Yeah that’s Rarity alright.”

“Well let me show you to your room, oh and consider it on the house.”

“Berry I have enough money to pay for it you know?”

“Your money isn’t good here.” Berry said with an iron face.

Berry showed Scootaloo her room and left, when the door was closed Scoots immediately crashed down on the bed.

Scoot groaned “Why am I even here?”

‘It’s just one party Scootaloo, you told her you’d be here.’

“I hate this place.”

‘You miss this place’

Reluctantly Scootaloo got up and started to unpack. Well, grabbing stuff out of a bag and throwing it all in one dresser technically, but I’m sure you catch my drift. Finishing that she turned on the radio in the corner of the room, ‘that seemed oddly out of place with the rest of the room’ Scoot noted. And started fiddling with the buttons. It wasn’t long until a DJ spoke up: “Why hello colts and fillies, this next song is for all of you, from me. ‘Cause you see I’m afraid. Too afraid, to love you…by The Black Steeds .” Scootaloo smiled.

“Dear princess Celestia I love this song.” Dropping on her bed, she closed her eyes. ‘surely there’s time to take a nap before the party….’

============={OOO}=============

Three little fillies were racing. “I’ll beat ya yet Scootaloo!” The pale earth pony shouted. “Don’t count on it on it Applebloom.” The Orange Pegasus shouted back. The gray unicorn filly in last place, watched with a smile as she ran after her friends. She loved moments like these.

Suddenly her leg got trapped on a tree branch tripping her, and making her tumble down a hill. She could barley move, her leg hurt to much. And she almost started to cry. When out of the blue a orange sight filled her vision. “Scootaloo you came back!” They gray filly said with excitement. “Well yeah, did you think I would leave you crying when there’s room on my back for you. Climb up here, and we’ll soon be flying. I can go just as fast with two.” And then they raced off, trying to catch up to their friend.

Sweetie Belle softly opened her eyes. She smiled as she remembered her dreams. She missed times like that. She saw to little of Applebloom these days, and she almost never saw Scootaloo. And honestly it was making her sad, they’d grown apart.

“Well at least I’ll see them tonight.” She thought giving herself new spirit. She had been looking forward to this for a while now, ever since..well ever since Scootaloo said she was coming.

Of course nobody in Ponyville believed it when she told them. “The day that Pegasus shows her face in this town again, is the day chocolate rains out of the sky…again.” Pokey had said.

But Sweetie had no doubt. Scootaloo would be here tonight.

No doubt at all.

None.

Well maybe a little.

Forcing those thoughts away, she started to choose what to wear tonight.

Rarity had been kind enough to let Sweetie Belle stay here for the week, and even ‘kinder’ in giving her a whole new wardrobe to wear. She found a simple dress and put it aside for the night. Then she turned on the radio and let herself drop back on the bed.

Sweetie Belle really needed this break from performing. She’d been traveling all over Equestria taking on any singing job she was offered. ‘Brand building.’ Her manager had called it. “I’ll show him where he can stick his brand.” Sweetie Belle mumbled.

After a show in Appleloosa where a drunken cowpony groped her flank, she had decided it was time for a little break. Her manager didn’t like it, but honestly he could go buck himself.

Grabbing a book from her nightstand she started to read. But no matter how hard she tried her thought kept going back to the coming night. She sighed as she threw the book away. Maybe Rarity could distract her, she thought as she jumped off the bed.




“Sit still Darling.” Of course, as it turned out. Rarity immediately took the opportunity to use Sweetie Belle as a mannequin.

“Ughhh why did I agree to this.” Sweetie groaned.

“Because I’m your big sister and you love me. Sweetie Belle.” Rarity retorted. “Now regarding your manager Sweetie, it’s your own fault for signing up with those conbucks.”

“Rarity!”

“Well it’s true, I warned you, Applejack warned you, even dear Macintosh warned you. But did you listen? Of course you didn’t.”

“But, but he had a song….” Sweetie Belle tried to protest.

“Darling it’s Flim we’re talking about here! Don’t you remember that cider season all those years ago.”
“No, I wasn’t there.”

Not wanting to continue this discussion Rarity quickly changed the subject. “So what color do you want your dress to be? Orange? or Blue?”

“Orange.”

With a small hint of amusement in her voice Rarity continued. “Oh but blue looks so much better on you darling.”

“But I feel like orange.”

Rarity could barely contain her grin. “Really now? Oh I guess that makes lots of sense darling.”

Suspiciously Sweetie Belle looked up. “What are you implying?”

“Oh nothing, it’s just…ever since dear you knew dear Scootaloo was coming you’ve been talking an awful lot about her.” A amused Rarity continued.

“Well yeah, she’s my friend. I miss seeing her.”

“HmmHmm of course Sweetie Belle. But just so you know…I have nothing against Fillyfoolers darling. In fact some of my best friends are…”

“RARITY!!” Sweetie Belle was blushing, looking both angry and embarrassed. While Rarity was rolling on the floor no longer containing her laughter.

“You can find someone else to play dress up with!” Sweetie Belle shouted. As she walked back to her room.

“So worth it.” Was the last thing she could hear Rarity say.

Back in her room Sweetie Belle was going through her bags, not stopping until she found what she was looking for. It was a folded up picture of three little fillies under a tree house. On the back a small heart was scribbled with S + S written in its center.
With a sad smile Sweetie Belle looked out the window. Spotting a mass of pink heading towards the train station. And a streak of Rainbow flying towards town.