• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 131 Views, 0 Comments

Darker Than Magic - Flydie7



Boxes with necklaces, calls from past lives, and finding out you were somepony that had saved the world? Memories are all I have, and I think I'll need more then just that to get through this.

  • ...
 0
 131

Chapter 2: Memories

Author's Note:

Writers anxiety as I get the second chapter published, still not sure how everypony will like it! The pressure is killing me!

Chapter 2 Memories

I awoke this time to the sound of my brother, Trenton, Trent for short. "Tristan, wake up, you're going to miss Fairy Tale!" He shouted. He's 14 and sleeps in the same room as me. I got up and started for my shirt, but remembered what happened last night, and looked for the box.

When I found it, I saw that the necklece was gone. I started to freak out and shook it for a while, but no luck. Then, when I put on my shirt, I heard what I wanted to hear when I shook the box. The small jingle of metal on metal. When I looked, I saw it wasn't coming from the box, but under my chin. I looked down to see it was around my neck, and the faint glow of red was emitting from it. When I looked at my hands, on the back they had dark red and green sherikens on each.

I took time in gathering up information. Then I looked at my shirt, and put it on over my new necklece, but then it struck me. 'What the fuck am I doing? I could just take it off, put it in the box, and tuck it under my bed. Simple as that.' I said to myself. But, something didn't feel right about that idea. When I was done blowing off the feeling of uncertainty, I tried taking it off. It came off like nothing, then it hit me with one question, how did it get on in the first place?. The necklece flashed and everything went blank for a while, till I could see again. When I looked, the necklece was no longer in the box anymore. It was around my neck again. 'Well, there goes plan 'simple'.' I thought.

So, I put on my shirt, traded out my sweat shorts for regular, everyday shorts, stuck my hands in my pockets, and went up stairs. When I arrived at my destination, I saw my mom preparing a dinner for the future. I always loved whatever she cooked. "Good morning." I said, in my usual morning groggy-ness. "Good morning, please, take a shower." "Kay, after I'm done officially waking up." I said. So, over time, I decided to take the shower that my mom was waiting for.

Before I got in, I thought about how I was going to get the necklece off. As I thought about it, a flash of light serged and my necklece was off. When I entered, I thought about what had happened last night. The memories that had flooded my head last night were gone, probably sealed away or something. What I really want to know is why that necklece was reacting to my contact or presence. It also got off when I thought about it coming off. Is it respondable to only my thought? What secrets does it hold? What am I going to do with it?

After my long dispute about the necklece, I had finished my shower and was drying off. When I got through with my top half, the necklece popped right back on. I finished drying off, put my clothes on, and left the bathroom. My hands just so happened to be showing at the wrong time and the 2nd oldest of my sisters, Lulu, saw my hands and shouted to the world "OOOHH, Tristan has tatoos!" The uproar caused everyone in the house to crowd me, even my mother, and asked me thousands of questions.

"How did u get that without my knowing?" My mother asked. "Why do u have the same one on the other hand?" Lulu questioned in her annoyingly loud voice. "Mommy, can I get one?" My first oldest sister asked. And it ended there with everyone asking for a tatoo.

Finally, after my mom shouting to get their attention, she simply said that they weren't old enough, and asked them if they have the money to pay for it. Then she looked to me and asked, "Tristan, how did you get that tatoo?" "I don't know, you see, I found this box and-" I continued to explain to her, and all the others on how I got it, as well as all the other discoveries.

After all I had said, a shock of pain went through my head, and caused me to fall to the ground on my knees, and clutch my skull. Memories flooded my mind again, and suprisingly they were all the same memories from last night. "Promise me yah won't get in ta' any trouble?' one voice said. 'It is your mission kid, you must do what the princess says.' another voice comments. 'Don't worry, you will do fine, I'll be watching over you as you sleep.' one final voice calmly speaks. Then I wake to the sound of thunder again.