• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 1,833 Views, 30 Comments

My Little Kitty - ChingKittyCat



Twilight Sparkle gets adopted one day, and she moves to a new place of residence.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,833

1 (Welcome to Kitiville)

"The date is October Tenth. I have been taken hostage, and I'm already talking to myself."
Twilight reported, looking out the window of the silver convertible she was being transported inside. She had been adopted today, by her new owner. Luckily, her teacher had reminded her that there were worse humans to be adopted by. Her teacher had also reminded that there were friends to make before Twilight was taken away. Twilight thought about her teacher as she waited for the car to reach it's destination. The back of their car was rather uncomfortable. The seats were all busted up. She could tell that her catnapper (as she described them) was a rather poor human.

"I don't know where I'm going, but I'm pretty certain of where I am."
Twilight meowed to herself. She placed her paws onto the door rest to hoist herself up high enough to look out the window once more. They had already driven into the residential area. A neighborhood with lots of surprisingly identical houses. They were all very quaint things. Not too big, yet not too small. Just the right sized houses.

The houses were not the things that interested Twilight. Rather, it was what was on the sidewalks. In normal areas, there would just be humans walking around on the sidewalks. This place was not normal in the slightest. Twilight had heard the mewls about this place. Its name was embedded into her mind. Kitiville was the name of this place. The cat crazy people lived here, as everything revolved around cats here.

"If I'm right about my location, something tells me that things aren't going to go very smoothly once I get out of this car."
Twilight sighed, continuing to eye what was on the sidewalk. Cats walked freely upon the sidewalk. Collars upon their necks. Each collar had a different tag symbol. Some had a musical tag, others having something to do with fish, so on, so forth. Twilight attempted to look down on her neck. She had a collar too. It was purple, when she had noticed it way back when they had put it on.

Twilight pushed off the door rest, and back onto the brown seats. She stared up at the gray ceiling of the car. Her catnapper had only said a couple words when they had bought her. Other than that, not a single word was shared between them. She had wondered what type of person her supposed owner was, but at the moment, all Twilight cared about was getting some peace and quiet.

Twilight wasn't a real social kitten. She thought it was better to learn about people, and what they do in their daily lives. The real juicy information. Even though they treated her like a baby, (despite her five months of human time) she still got some pretty interesting stuff memorized. Even the stupidest sounding humans still provided something new to listen about.

The car stopped. Twilight could tell because the human was getting out of the car. They slammed the front door behind them and opened up the back door. They grabbed the small cardboard box Twilight was supposed to be inside. Twilight had gotten out of it, when it had flopped over onto its side.

Her owner sighed, and grabbed the box, along with the cat who was supposed to be inside of said box. She was picked up from her belly. Twilight was mature enough to not scratch her owner all across their wrist and hand. Her owner closed the door with their foot, and started to head out of the driveway.

Twilight observed her surroundings. The home she was headed to had a tan wooden paneling on the garage. The garage door itself was white. The roof of the building had gray shingles. This was all she could see at the current moment. When they turned the corner, there was more to see.

The yard was well tended a couple bushes around the pathway leading up to the patio. Some more shrubbery was in front of the patio, which had a white fencing to separate itself from the shrubs. The patio itself looked pretty, to Twilight at least. There was a small brick staircase (which her owner was going up at the moment) which lead to the also brick entrance. A door was placed right in the middle.

Her owner opened the door, with the flash of their keys. The ebony door opened, and the insides of the house exposed to Twilight. Twilight looked in awe. That car set up a false image for her owner.

When the door had opened, it had exposed a living room, straight ahead. A beige wallpaper along with dark wood flooring. The couch had it's back faced to the door. The couch had a twin that sat next to it that was basically identical. The couch itself was tan and seemed pretty new. On the wall, ahead of the couch, was a large television screen. Flat-screen, it seemed. Below the television, was a rack. Filled with different gizmos that Twilight had never seen before. They all hooked up to the television's backside though.

There were multiple different doorways in the room. One being right next to the television, which lead into a white tiled kitchen. The other two doorways had a sort of baby-proof fencing. That humans could walk over, but baby humans couldn't. Twilight gathered that those fences were to keep her out of the other parts of the house.

Her owner placed her down onto the floor, as they closed the door behind them. Twilight saw them slip off their shoes, and walk off down one of the inaccessible hallways. Twilight shrugged in her mind. What her new owner was doing, she had no idea. She wandered off, going into the kitchen. It was pretty basic kitchen, not very interesting. It was limited, to say the least. But, along the south wall, there were two bowls. Those bowls had been placed upon a small black plastic mat, which had a white cartoon cat on it.

Twilight examined the bowls. One held food, while the other held water. The food was dry food, obviously. Twilight was of the age where she could eat dry food. There was a generous amount of food inside the bowl, same with the water. Twilight wasn't exactly hungry or parched. She had some water to quench her thirst, and some food to silence her tummy rumbles before she had been adopted.

Twilight looked around the room. Twilight examined the window above the metal sink. She could tell that this was a way out. Now, Twilight was smart. She knew not to run off without a collar tag on. Or else, her new owner would spasm at her, and probably yell at her as well. A quick peek out the window wouldn't hurt, would it?

Twilight climbed up the very conveniently placed pet food bag, that was leaning against the counter. She had punched a couple holes into the food bag as she scaled upwards. When she had clambered onto the counter, she moved herself over to the white framed open window.

Outside the window, was a very small yard. Fenced off by a tightly packed fence. The fence was very classic, all white. The yard was slightly overgrown. Who knows what was in that thing. Twilight's gaze of the yard was suddenly cut off by a bright pink face. This scared Twilight enough to make her fall backwards into the (luckily not filled up) metal sink.

That bright pink face was followed by a bright pink, fluffy body. A darker pink tail followed the end of the body, as the bright pink kitty jumped to the edge of the sink. Twilight stared at the cat. This cat was no doubt a Norwegian Forest Cat; she could tell. Twilight was very educated on cats. Maybe because she was one, who knows.

"Hey! I saw you in that car going to this house, and I've never seen you before and-."
This cat was talking much too fast for Twilight to process. Twilight noticed the collar tag that hung onto the cat's collar. The collar tag itself was gold, but it surrounded three balloons. Two balloons being blue with yellow strings, and the third balloon being yellow with a blue string.

"Could you believe that? Anywaaaaays, you need an official welcoming party! Come with me- oh wait! You don't have a collar tag! I guess I could wait! I'll wait around the block! Okay, see yah!"
The pink cat jumped back out the window. Twilight sighed. What a chatterbox. She wiped her brow with her paw. Just then, the pink cat stuck her head back in the window.

"My name is Pinkie Pie! Okay, bye for real now!"
Pinkie ran off after that. Twilight was rather relieved. That cat was a mental overload to say the least.

When Twilight had managed to scramble out of the metal sink, and off of the counter, she noticed her owner looking around for her. They had a small golden object in their hand. Twilight could only guess that the golden object was the collar tag, specially made for her.

Twilight scampered over to the human as quickly as her legs could take her. She skidded to a halt in front of the human, who smiled at her appearance in the room. They then kneeled down, fiddling around with her collar. The collar tag was placed onto the hook of the collar, and the hook snapped into place, and closed the tag into a small u shaped cell of sorts.

"You're looking good. You can go outside now, go ahead and explore."
Her owner explained, in a gentle sounding voice. Twilight smiled at this. She ran off, back to the kitchen. Quickly tailed by her owner. She was grabbed from her belly and brought upwards. She was restrained by her owner's hands. Her still moving paws canceled out their movements as they moved her onto the counter. How nice.

Her owner then promptly walked out of the kitchen as Twilight was busy stepping onto the window sill. She looked off the side of the house. A small, cat-sized staircase lead down to the backyard. Twilight pounced onto the first step, nearly stumbling over her own paws in the process. She was lucky enough to not fall down the stairs as she kept her balance.

She walked down the rest of the steps, eventually reaching the grassy turf of the backyard. The backyard was a rather barren place; she wouldn't lie. There was nothing out here. Except for the fence and grass, there was nothing here. How boring.

Twilight had noticed a small door, on one of the fence pickets. It was big enough for an adult cat to fit through. It was a small, glass door, that could be pushed by the head of a cat. Or paw. Whichever worked. It was held by a sturdy metal frame. Twilight pushed through the door, and found herself in a grassy alleyway between her home, and another. The alleyway was rather friendly looking. Rows of nice looking fences, along with the same exact door that she had come out of.

Twilight looked either way, figuring that the left side was a little less ways away.

As Twilight traveled, she noticed all of the yards through the glass doors had looked the same. Rather barren, save for a couple that had gardens and such. All in all, these humans were pretty boring. What else would she expect, really. Twilight reached the end of the alley and was now out onto the sidewalk.

Twilight was happy to get a decent amount of silence as she trekked down the sidewalk.

That silence was quickly disrupted by the sound of her stomach grumbling. Strange, she wasn't hungry just a second ago. She could go for whatever was making that delicious smell. It smelt like nothing she had ever smelt before. She had never smelled this sort of thing before.

Twilight followed her nose down the street, where she ended up following the smell half-way across town, to an isolated barn. The smell had intensified. That glorious, heavenly smell. Twilight squeezed her way through the tiny crack in the door. Finding herself inside a cat party, full of somehow still warm pastries. Cats wandered everywhere, all seemingly apart of the same family. Seeing as how they were all Tabby cats.

Twilight noticed a large, cat-height dinner table, which held all different sorts of human food. Twilight was starving at this point, and she couldn't wait to chow down. Before she could, an orange tabby cat approached her. This tabby wore a brown cowgirl hat and had a yellow hay-colored tail.

"Hmm? Oh. Howdy there! Who might you be?"
The tabby questioned, quizzical. Twilight was more focused on the pies and other things, rather than the cat right in front of her face. Twilight snapped back to reality when the tabby waved their paw in front of her face. The tabby cat wore a green collar, with a tag of three bright red apples.

"I'm uh.. Twilight Sparkle! The health inspector! I'm here to inspect-."
"Well, howdy-doo, Miss Twilight, a pleasure makin' your acquaintance."
The tabby took Twilight's paw and shook it rapidly, making Twilight feel like she was stuck in an earthquake. When the tabby had finished shaking paws with Twilight, it still felt like she was caught in a lesser quaking of the earth. As Twilight regained her balance, the tabby had started to introduce herself.

"Ah'm Applejack! You'll feel right at home here; we've got plenty of food to spare!"
Applejack just welcomed Twilight to a free buffet. How they had managed to cook so much food, Twilight did not question. How they had managed to cook food, Twilight also did not question. What she did question is why she couldn't fit the whole pie into her mouth.

"Ya'll come back now!"
Applejack called out to the leaving family members, and Twilight. That was a good lunch. She would come back, no doubt about it. Where was she off to now? Maybe she would visit some of the upper-class districts of the town. See all the snobs who lived up there. They were such joys, weren't they?

As Twilight traveled, she swore that something was watching her. It was a bit unnerving to say the least. She kept picking up sounds of paws pattering, but she could never tell where from. This only started happening once she had gotten back to the regular ol' residential area.

Twilight's ears flicked. What was that noise? It sounded like-
"AHHHHHHH!"
A cat fell directly onto Twilight, from what seemed to be from out of the sky. Dazed, Twilight attempted to get herself back up. She pushed the other cat onto the ground. Twilight turned to see who had landed on her, scanning over the body of a getting up cat.

"Hey, thanks for the soft landing."
The cyan furred Ocicat thanked, with a smirk. Twilight looked back at this Ocicat's tail. It was an assortment of colors, all colors of the rainbow, to be precise. Twilight glanced over at the collar tag. It was a cloud, with a lightning bolt of the (arguably) three primary colors.

"It won't happen again, I can promise you that. My name is Rainbow Dash, what's yours newbie?"
Rainbow Dash introduced herself. Twilight usually only talked to herself. But since she was invited to talk, well, she had to.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle."
Twilight made a simple introduction. She didn't know what else to say. Neither did she want to say anything else. She was a feline of few words, to be honest.

"Well, Twilight, I'll be seeing you around. Can’t wait to hang out some more!”
Rainbow Dash laughed as she jumped directly onto the wall of the nearest house. She was wall jumping, all the way up to the roof of the other house. Twilight rolled her eyes. What show offs, those pegasus cats. They were cats that could sort of fly, by jumping onto roofs of houses.

Twilight walked off, with her scuffed up tail and fur. She looked a bit unhygienic, to say the least. She would change that when she got back home. Maybe her owner would do it for her, that would be pretty nice of them. She had heard that all humans in Kitiville were forced, by law, to groom their cats with brushes.

As Twilight moved into the upper-class part of town, she longed to have another bite of apple pie. Human food tasted good, despite it being a bit unhealthy. Well, really unhealthy. Like, kill a cat unhealthy. Luckily, she didn't have enough pie to completely poison her system. Though, she wished she had more pie at the moment.

"WHAT IS THAT!?"
Screeched a voice from behind her. Twilight reckoned it was probably just a human, or something. Twilight was suddenly stopped in her tracks by the tugging on her tail. With a quick turn of her head, Twilight could see a white Savannah cat tugging at her purple tail. This white cat had a brighter purple tail of her own, all curled and fancily done. She also had a blue collar, with three-diamond shape cut sapphires as her collar tag.

"You're coming with me, dear! We need to get you cleaned up!"
The white cat exclaimed, dragging Twilight by her tail. This cat was surprisingly strong for her size, as she had managed to pull Twilight all the way into one of the yards of a glorious Victorian mansion. The mansion itself was stunning, without the gigantic garden out in front. Though, the nicely tended red poppies were a nice touch.

"Wait, where are you taking me?"
Twilight asked, as she was pushed through the cat door of the mansion, which happened to be apart of the double door entrance. Twilight was greeted by a large staircase, which had a long red carpet on each step. The staircase seemed to have a second floor all to itself. The landing, as it was better known, had two alternate staircases leading up to the second floor. Above the landing, were multiple large portraits. Who they were made for, or who they were of, Twilight did not know.

"No time to stall! You cannot be seen in public with that GROTESQUE THING that you call a tail. MAID ANNE!"
The cat screeched. A human, dressed in a maid outfit rushed down the stairs. She was obviously old, by the amount of wrinkles she had on her face. Her hair was grayer than a raining cloud, and her expression was rather worried. She had these small glasses on the bridge of her nose, that seemed more like an accessory than actual things you use to read.

Maid Anne kneeled down on her frail bones, and faced the white cat.

"Yes, miss Rarity?"
She asked in her almost stereotypical old woman voice. So, Rarity had a maid? How rich was this cat anyways? How could this maid understand her, anyways? No normal human could do this. Rarity motioned over to Twilight with a glance, and a motion of her tail.

Maid Anne picked Twilight up with her probably arthritic hands. Maid Anne brought Twilight upstairs, and into a new area. Another lobby. Circular. There were two ways to go, one way going off to the left, and the other to the right. Maid Anne brought Twilight off into the right hall. Entering the first door on the left.

The room she had entered was a bathroom. Not for humans, but for cats. Twilight could tell it was for cats by that sign over the door frame saying 'Cat only bathroom' in bold silver letters. The room had a multitude of litter boxes, along with a chair that had a gem-decorated purple brush.

"I didn't even mean to get into your fur, just let me go, and I'll get out of it."
Twilight bargained, as the still following Rarity shook her head. Maid Anne sat down on a small wooden stool, picking up the brush beforehand.

"Out of my fur? What about your fur? Trust me dear, my Maid will fix you right up!"
Rarity promised as Twilight could already feel the brush ripping the tangles in her fur.

"Oh, do feel free to come back! I do ever so enjoy your company!"
Rarity called out, as Twilight bolted out of the mansion, and off into the distance. She had just been freed from that torture device known as a bathtub, and she was hightailing in out of here. She ran so far that she was halfway home before she went into a simple walk, instead of a full sprint.

She huffed. Where was she? It seemed like a park. She was so fearful of getting inside of that soapy water again that she hadn't even payed attention to where she been going. She was sure of something, however. She was grateful that she had taken a turn into this park because the birds were singing a lovely tune.

Twilight jumped onto a nearby park bench, listening to the melody that the birds sung. She was about to drift asleep to the angelic tune, when a bird squawked so loudly that it jolted Twilight awake.

"Oh, Mister Bird. You're singing a little bit too loudly. Could you maybe.. Tone it down a little bit?"
A gentle sounding voice requested, as the bird who was previously mentioned, hushed. Twilight was curious to who was controlling these birds, because even humans have a hard time controlling birds. It couldn't have been a cat, could it?

Twilight jumped off her yellow park bench, and marched to the middle of the park, where a large oak tree stood proudly. It was so big, that it could hold a whole choir of birds. Guess what that tree held? A whole choir of birds, along with a cat. Twilight noticed that the cat was paying no attention to her, and was just focusing on the birds. This yellow Ragdoll was making swaying motions with their pink tail, as if they were conducting the bird's singing.

"Now follow me please. A one, two, a one two three-."
"Hello?"
Twilight interrupted loudly, louder than she had anticipated. This had scared both the birds, and the cat she was communicating with. The birds made a hasty retreat into the sky as the yellow cat gasped.

"Oh, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to scare away your birds. I just wanted to say that the music sounded beautiful."
Twilight apologized. The yellow Ragdoll (who Twilight assumed was a female by her voice) jumped off the small brick wall (that was one of four that held the tree in a large brick pot) and approached Twilight. Twilight noticed that she had a blue collar, along with three pink butterflies as her collar tag.

Her head was down, and her ears were back. She was even looking the opposite direction, to not make eye contact.

"Uh.. My name is Twilight Sparkle."
Twilight stated. An awkward silence was reached between the two cats as Twilight shuffled her paws.

"What's your name?"
Twilight asked, putting on a nervous smile.

"Um.. I'm.."
The rest of the sentence was so quiet that even her super sensitive cat ears couldn't pick up the rest of what this shy cat said.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"
Twilight asked, as the cat backed up. The yellow Ragdoll talked once more.

"I'm.."
The last part of the sentence faded into silence.

"Didn't quite catch that."
Twilight stated, approaching slowly. The yellow Ragdoll made a weird whimpering noise, which made Twilight back up. Seems like this cat did not enjoy her company.

All the birds suddenly returned to the tree, out of seemingly nowhere.

"Well, it seems like your birds are back, so I guess everything is fine."
Twilight pulled at her collar to loosen the tension she had around her neck. The Ragdoll made another whimpering noise, making Twilight more anxious to leave.

"Oooookay."
Twilight felt something tickling her ear. Probably just a tick, or something. She turned, and started to head off. She should probably be getting home soon. It was getting rather late.

"A baby flea!"
The shy cat found her confidence and sprinted over to Twilight. Twilight looked over at the yellow cat, who was in pure wonderment.

"I've never seen a baby flea before! I thought they were only on dogs! He's so cute!"
She squeed with delight.

"Well well well, looks like someone finally noticed me."
Another voice chimed. Was there a talking flea on Twilight's ear?

"He talks too! I didn't know fleas could talk. That's so incredibly wonderful.."
Twilight would hate to interrupt the happiness of this timid kitty, but the sun was going down.

"Well, I think we should probably get going then."
Twilight laughed, as she attempted to walk off.

"Wait! What's his name?"
The cat requested as Twilight could hear a weird sounding laugh from the flea on her ear.

"Sweetie, my name is Percy."
Percy introduced himself. Twilight had no idea about this flea before now.

"Hi Percy, I'm Fluttershy."
Fluttershy happily greeted. Twilight and Fluttershy walked side by side, as Fluttershy chatted with Percy. Something about where he came from, blah blah. It was a flea.

When Twilight had arrived at her home, she waved goodbye to her acquaintance and Percy (because he had decided to be Fluttershy's flea). Twilight entered her back yard.

Silence. Oh, how wonderful. Twilight breathed a sigh of relief as she started to walk up the white plastic cat staircase. She jumped onto the window sill and entered the kitchen once more. The lights of the kitchen were off. Strange.

"SURPRISE!"
A number of voices screeched as party streamers flew from every which-way. The lights flashed on, showing off the party of cats that were inside the house.

"Were you surprised? Huh, huh?"
Pinkie Pie rushed up to meet Twilight on the counter. Pinkie had somehow gotten a bunch of cat treats to this party. A whole array of them were laid out in the counter, and cats were taking them as they pleased.

"Sorry for rushing off so fast before, I had to plan this party and everycat needs to be invited to a party because is your welcome to Kitiville party because your new and-."
This cat when on and on in a run-on sentence. She never stopped talking, did she? Well, it was nice to see her optimism. That's something that the world needed more of.

"It's supposed to be quiet at sunset.."
Twilight grumbled.

"What kind of party would it be if it were quiet? I'm Pinkie Pie, by the way! I don't remember if I introduced myself before because I was in such a rush to get all the cats and things I needed and-."
Pinkie Pie just continued to run her mouth.

Twilight simply pushed past all the cats she could, as she made her way onto the floor.

"I threw this party just so you could meet everycat in Kitiville! I mean, everycat needs friends and to do that you need to meet cats because they can be your friend-."
Pinkie Pie followed after Twilight as Twilight started drinking up some of the provided liquids that Pinkie had brought. Twilight did not pay attention to the labels of what she was drinking.

"So I invited every single cat I could! So you can have lots and lots of friends."
Pinkie Pie finally ended her chattering, as Twilight could feel something burning her throat. Her eyes widened in terror, as tears streamed down her face. She had just drank pure hot sauce.

"Ya'll right, Twi?"

She ran over to her water bowl (which was luckily, still full) and slammed her face into it. That was the answer to the suddenly here Applejack's question. When Twilight had relieved the burning sensation in her mouth, she stomped off to the living room. Not even bothering to take notice that all of her acquaintances were here, all five of them.

Luckily, they did not follow her into the not-as-loud living room, and they kept the party contained to the kitchen. By now, they were probably extending the party out to the yard. Good.

Twilight had flopped onto her back, as she laid on the couch. She had laid on a rectangular device, with many buttons. She was unsure of what it did, but as long as it was quiet enough for her to sleep, she was content.

"Breaking news, a panther has escaped from the local zoo. We advise that everycat in Kitiville be on the lookout for this feline. She is not to be fought. Injuries recorded so far are fatal. Her name is Nightmare for a reason, folks. Stay safe tonight. Animal control is already working to find the Panther, and send her back to the zoo."
A reporter chimed. The television had just been turned on, and luckily enough, was on the news. Twilight had heard that name before. Nightmare.. Nightmare Moon? Twilight stared at the television screen.

Nightmare Moon was a threat to the entire country at one point. She promised eternal night, as all cats would be left in the shadows, without their owners. Without food, in the cold loneliness of the rainy night.

It was said that on the longest day, on the thousandth month, that the guards would aid in her escape. The thing that had kept her away for so long was..

Twilight had thought it was just a fable. She had to report this to the authorities. Well, her owner, to be precise. Twilight dashed over to the fence that separated herself from one of the hallways. She would suspect her owner was there. She mewed as loudly as could to get her owner's attention.

It had been a good five minutes, and Twilight had no success. Twilight sighed.

"Hey Twilight! We're going to go see the sunrise, you've gotta come! Everycat is going! Celestia is going to raise the sun in Kitiville this year!"
Rainbow Dash called from the doorway. Twilight was about to say otherwise, but was cut off short by the overwhelming pleas from her five cohorts. Twilight knew it was complete hogwash that a cat could raise a celestial body, but, she was not to question Celestia. Cats who did that were never seen again.

Twilight was brought to what seemed to be the town hall. It was rather grand, she wouldn't lie. It was the summer sun celebration, after all. The townhall was packed to the brim with cats.

"Have you ever been so excited? I mean-."
Pinkie ran her mouth off some more. She was silenced by a tune of royalty, sung by birds.

"Kittens and Gentlecats!"
A brown and gray American shorthair announced from the podium, on the stage that everycat was facing.

"As the mayor's cat, I am pleased to announce the beginning of the Summer Sun Celebration!"
This cat was Mayor Mare. Twilight had heard of her before, mostly due to her name referring to a female horse. She was very strangely and awkwardly named.

Nevertheless, the crowd of cats mewed in happiness at her announcement.

"In just a moment, our town will bare witness to the sun rising on the longest day of the year. So without further ado,"
The mayor moved from her podium. Twilight was not focused on her, though. She was more focused on one of the many windows that she could look out of. The moon had turned from white to a foreboding yellow.

"the one who gives us the sun and moon every day, the good, the wise, the one who brings harmony to our land.. President Celestia!"
The mayor announced as the birds squawked in a harmonic announcement. The curtain to the stage was pulled, as there stood the..

Nothing.

Gasps of concern and fear could be heard from the crowd as Twilight's ears flattened. Not because she was disappointed about Celestia not showing up, but because of this awful feeling in her gut.

"This can't be good.."
Twilight mewed underneath her breath.

"Do not panic everycat, there must be a reasonable explanation for this.."
Mayor Mare put a paw to her chin, as Rarity (the one who was in charge of curtains) entered backstage.

"She must be hiding. I love hiding! Let's see-."
"She's gone!"
Rarity exclaimed, in a worried tone. The crowd's worried mutters grew into full on conversations.

"Oh she's good. AHHHH!"
Pinkie puffed up into a big Fluffle Puff of fur. She was startled by the blue, star-like smoke making its way onto the stage. There weren't any smoke generators nearby.

"Oh no.."

The mayor and Rarity jumped off the stage, as a black figure appeared within the smoke.

"Nightmare Moon.."

The smoke parted, as Nightmare Moon, in all of her glory, appeared on the stage. She pushed the podium directly off of the stage, so she could fully be viewed.

Like panthers were, she was pure black. The smoke that was right behind her looked like it was her tail of sorts, despite the fact she still had her long and thin black tail. The smoke flowed about behind her, as if she controlled it. She wore what seemed to be a helmet, and chest plate. She had these large metal glove things around her paws that had holes for claws to stick out of. They were all color coordinated as they were all a sort of soft blue. She was a cat made to go to war.

"Oh, my beloved subjects. It's been so long since I've seen your precious sun-loving faces."
Nightmare sneered with a toothed grin. She was much more dangerous than anycat here, that was for sure.

"What did you do with our president?!"
Rainbow Dash called, about to pounce onto the enormous black cat. Luckily for Rainbow, she was pulled back by Applejack. Nightmare chuckled at Rainbow's statement.

"Am I not royal enough for you? Don't you know who I am?"
Nightmare Moon questioned, her smile fading at the realization that nocat here was smart enough to watch the news, or realize she was real.

"OOOH! Guessing games! How about Black Smoke? Toothy Cat? Queen Mean-."
Applejack shoved her free paw into Pinkie's mouth.

"Does my crown no longer count since that I have been imprisoned for a thousand months?"
Nightmare Moon spat as she approached the bird choir. Causing the birds to fly into the rafters. Fluttershy hid underneath the stage as soon as Nightmare looked at her.

"Did you not recall the legends?"
Nightmare centered herself onstage, as her smoke poked at Rarity's chin.

"Did you not see the signs?"
Nightmare continued, as Twilight knew what to do next.

"I did,"
Twilight objected, catching Nightmare off guard for a millisecond.

"and I know who you are. You're the cat in the moon. Nightmare Moon."
Twilight stated. This pleased Nightmare, obviously. Though, this did not please the audience. Audible gasps were heard.

"Well well well. Looks like somecat remembers me. Then you also know why I am here."
Nightmare drew closer to the front of the stage. Twilight could see her claws becoming unsheathed. Those things were gigantic.

"You're here.. To.. To.."
Twilight stumbled over her words, gulping as she looked at the other members of the audience. Nightmare chuckled as she stopped her approach.

"Remember this day, kitties. It will be your last. From this point on, the night will last.."
Nightmare's smoke flurried into that of a tornado.

"FOREVER!"
Lightning appeared from the town hall's ceiling as Nightmare cackled maliciously.

Author's Note:

Oh no. Nightmare Mewn.
If you want to see what Twilight's house looks like from a house plan, click here.

If you don't know your cat breeds, just google them.