• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 1,833 Views, 30 Comments

My Little Kitty - ChingKittyCat



Twilight Sparkle gets adopted one day, and she moves to a new place of residence.

  • ...
3
 30
 1,833

4 (Spikedemic : Not a Lot of Shock and Terror)

It had been a couple minutes of waiting. Twilight was rather anxious about this announcement she had to make for her friends. It was a bit important, and all. Concerning the new thing within her home, and why it was there. She needed find out what to do with him, and so far, she was coming up with nothing. She figured her friends had some ideas, once she had explained the situation to them. She had to wait a while before she could call them all here. Rainbow Dash refused to come to the meeting, for some reason.

Twilight had sent out a message to the five of her friends and told them to meet her in the park. Fluttershy was already here. She was inside that big tree in the middle of the park, when Twilight had arrived. It's like she lived here. Twilight looked around, noticing the four cats entering the park. Heading in her general direction, and when they got close enough, Twilight spoke.

"I've called you all here for one reason-."
"Wait! Don't tell us! Let us guess first! Is Nightmare Moon back again? She's only been gone for two days!"
Pinkie guessed what Twilight was going to say. Nightmare Moon, indeed, was only gone for a good two days. If she were already back, then that would be Celestia's problem. Twilight was not going to go on another gigantic adventure of self-discovery and friendship. Mostly because she did not have another monologue prepared.

"No, luckily enough."
Twilight smiled, as she was glad that Nightmare was done and over with. Hopefully, forever. Twilight was not going to go through that again.

"We've got a monster on our paws. He was brought to Kitiville yesterday, and he's living inside my home."
Twilight announced, as her friends gasped. Mostly due to the fact she had said monster. They wondered what sort of monster she had. Perhaps a goat? A wolf? What was it? They were already on the edges of their seats with that one word.

"I still don't know why my owner brought him home, or why he is even here. He seems peaceful enough, but, he's just a baby. I have no idea what he will be like in the future."
Twilight continued. Fluttershy seemed a bit shaken by this whole thing. A monster, living with Twilight? A possible danger? A mysterious reason for even being in Kitiville? She did not like this, to say the least. But, the part about him being a baby did put part of her mind at ease.

"His name is Spike. He's a-."
"WAIT! Is he a.. FISH!? He's a shark, isn't he-."
Pinkie's mouth was filled with Applejack's orange paw.

"He's a dog."
Twilight announced. It seemed like the entire world was silent at that very moment. As her friends looked at each other with these wide-eyed expressions. Even Pinkie was surprised. It was good five seconds of silence before someone else talked.

"Twilight, dear, do you know the laws of this town?"
Rarity questioned, looking rather worried. Twilight had read a couple of the town's laws, but still wasn't fully confident in reciting them or anything like that. Twilight did not have them all memorized, but she could remember the basic laws that this place had.

"Dogs are a threat to the entire community, Twilight. They're illegal."
Rarity continued. It's not like Twilight had brought the dog! It was her owner, who was empty in the head! If she was arrested because of that air-head for a human, Twilight was going to be hearing her owner in court.

"We could teach him to be like us."
Fluttershy offered. That was a good idea. With her limited knowledge about dogs, Twilight knew that dogs could learn things much faster than a cat could. Mostly tricks and that sort. Everything else? Not so much. Twilight wasn't willing to gamble, and she didn't know how fast a dog could learn to be a cat. It seemed impossible.

"How do yah reckon to do that?"
Applejack asked, taking her paw out of Pinkie's mouth. Twilight was thinking the same thing. She had no idea.

"Maybe we could all take turns teaching him cat stuff! Do a training session!"
Pinkie suggested. For once, that didn't sound incredibly ridiculous. Twilight considered it. Spike could visit each one of their homes, and they could teach him some feline attitudes? Maybe. Twilight would only hope that Spike would not get multiple personalities from this.

"That sounds like a good idea. I've had him for a day already, so I've basically already done my part. So, who wants him first?"
Twilight asked. Everycat looked between each other, waiting for someone to perk up. Twilight knew that nocat was going to offer themselves up as a tribute. This indeed was a dog she was talking about. Of course, Twilight was going to have to pick the tributes herself, it seemed. Twilight was just going to pick them from left to right, if somecat didn't offer themselves up.

"Okay.. Nocat wants to volunteer?"
Twilight gazed over the small crowd. Turns out she was going to have to pick the cats taking care of Spike after all.

"I guess I'll just pick, then. Fluttershy gets him first, and then Rarity, Rainbow, Applejack, and Pinkie gets him last."
Twilight picked. Fluttershy looked visually distressed, to say the least.

"Fluttershy, the training session will only last one hour. It's not that long."
Twilight promised as she hopped off her perch known as the park bench. Down onto the stone path. Fluttershy followed after her. A rather scared looking frown was upon Fluttershys worrying face.

"Good luck, Flutters!"
Rainbow wished out loud, as Fluttershy and Twilight made their way behind the park's tree. There was a very audible scream, followed by the startled falling of Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy! Are you alright?"
Twilight asked the fallen cat, who had stomach up to the sky. Her paws straight up, and her face frozen with that same look.

"He's.. so.."
Fluttershy stuttered, looking at the purple puppy who now stood by Twilight. Even he had a face of concern. Fluttershy felt something.

"CUTE!"
She shot up from her fallen state and wrapped around the small puppy. Spike looked over at Twilight, and a slight hint of embarrassment could be seen in his cheeks. Seems like he didn't like to be called cute. How cute.

"I'll leave you two to your lessons."
Twilight smiled and walked back to the rest of her friends. With a quick exchange of 'Let's not disturb them' and 'Let's go do something', they headed out. Leaving only Fluttershy and Spike in the park.

"So, you just.. Sit here and do nothing?"
Spike asked, looking down at the large gray rock they were laying down on. Fluttershy was rolling around to get into a comfortable position while Spike was just stationary. He looked upon Fluttershy with confusion. This seemed rather boring, in his opinion. It was literally sitting in the sun, and sleeping.

"Yes, it's called sunbathing."
Fluttershy purred at the sun warming her up. Even though it was fall, it was still rather warm. The warmth was always appreciated by the cats, obviously. Sunbathing was a rather fun hobby of almost everycat here.

"Don't you guys do other things?"
Spike asked, looking around the park. For a park, it was a bit boring. Spike had heard the grand and epic tales of parks. They were a place that everyone wanted to go to. A place of freedom, where you could feel the wind through your coat as you ran through the grass.

"Well, I usually go out to talk to some of my bird and mice friends."
Fluttershy stretched out further upon the rock, letting her legs stretch out as far as they could reach. Spike was still rather confused about the sleeping position that Fluttershy had chosen, but he wasn't a cat. Cats were extremely weird, as he had heard. They were not to be questioned. So, Spike was going to question one.

"Don't cats eat birds and mice?"
Spike asked, looking at the generally calm yellow cat. Who put her head up as soon as Spike had asked the question. Spike knew that he had asked the wrong thing.

"We can eat other things too."
Fluttershy explained. putting her head back down. Spike sighed a mental sigh, relieved that he wouldn't get a lecture from a cat today. Fluttershy was a really nice cat, even though she was a tad bit boring. Spike put his chin onto the rock. Maybe he wasn't enjoying this because he wasn't sitting right?

Spike eyed Fluttershy and attempted to copy her position. Even though he had done a decently bad job at doing so, he could feel the warmness of the rock on his side. Kinda felt nice. This was not as bad as Twilight had said it would be. She had said 'My friends are going to put you through a bunch of trials today, so you can learn to be a cat. That way, you can come with us to parties and stuff.' or something like that.

Loosening up his muscles, the rest of the hour went by in relaxing silence. Fluttershy could barely get him up in time. He had rolled off the rock and landed on his face when she eventually did get him up. After exiting the park, they walked up the street. Chatting about animals. Fluttershy had brought up a Liger she had tamed back in Tiny Woods, and how Rarity had helped out a Condor in Tiny Woods. Spike didn't know what those animals were, but he took a wild guess that they were fish, or something.

The walk had lasted for a good fifteen minutes before they had reached their destination. A large, white mansion. A well-tended garden of flowers sat outside of the home.

"Whose house is this?"
Spike asked. He hadn't heard the conversation between Twilight and her friends. He had basically no idea who he was going to go to next. Whoever owned this mansion was probably some rich stuck up snob. That was usually the case.

"This my friend Rarity lives here. Try not to get on her bad side, or get her dirty. She's a bit of a cat who obsesses about everything being clean."
Fluttershy advised, trying not to sound rude. Spike got it. Rarity was a clean freak and don't touch her. That's some good advice right there. Spike strutted forward to the mansion. Just in case Rarity happened to be watching from one of the windows of said mansion.

Spike had finally managed to get through the cat-sized door. He was a tad bit bigger than it, and he couldn't really fit his head in without twisting his whole body sideways. Once he had squished himself through; he was greeted with a polished marble floor. Along with a long red carpet that reached to an even larger staircase.

It was really quiet in here. Really, really quiet. A bit too quiet. Spike crept onto the carpet and started up the stairs. A slow creep, just enough to see if there was anyone or anything here. Sure enough, there was something here. Another cat. It was a white cat, with a purple tail.

"Oh! I've been waiting for you!"
The cat bounded over to Spike. Spike couldn't help but stop in his tracks as soon as the cat had run over to him. She pushed her muzzle right into his, as she seemed to be staring straight into his eyes. Like she was examining him. Spike looked both ways, in an awkward pause.

"Uh.. Hello."
Spike smiled as the white cat started to circle Spike. What was she looking for? Spike raised an eyebrow as he followed her with his head. He couldn't spin his head around in a full circle, so it was rather hard to see what she was doing. Nevertheless, he was pushed up to the landing of the stairs.

"What did Fluttershy teach you?"
She questioned, circling back to the front of Spike's body. She plopped down and sat like a regular cat. Spike figured he should do that too. So, that's what he did. He nearly flipped down an entire staircase (because he was at the edge of the last step) when doing so, but he did it. He was barely paying attention to what he was doing; he was fixated on something else.

"She taught me how to sunbathe, I think. Really, I just sat on a rock. She did say I was supposed to meet a cat named Rarity, though."
Spike informed. Staring at the stunning pair of blue eyes that this cat possessed. Maybe cats weren't as ugly and evil as his adoption-mates had made them out to be.

"Oh, good! That cat would be me. Let's get straight to the lesson. Since I doubt anycat else is going to teach you about manners, I guess I should be the one to do it."
Rarity exclaimed, proudly sticking out her chest. She got up and started to head up the second flight of stairs. Spike followed after her, making sure to keep his eyes on the path ahead. When they had reached the second floor, a human appeared, off to the left. It was a woman, in a maid outfit.

"That is Maid Anne. I told her all about you. Now, repeat after me."
Rarity commanded softly, as she approached the maid. Rarity rubbed her head all over the maid's foot area, purring. Maid Anne gave her a nice pap on the head. Rarity re-approached Spike and pointed over to Maid Anne with her tail.

"Now you try."
Rarity requested. Spike gave a nod as something snapped in Spike's mind. He took his aim and dashed over to Maid Anne. He ran around her feet, completely rejecting what Rarity had requested him to do. Maid Anne kneeled down, and Spike tackled her to the ground. She laughed as Spike kissed her face.

"Ugh. We've got a lot of work to do.."
Rarity mumbled.

"Come back again, Spike! We still have lots of work to do!"
Rarity called as Spike walked from the mansion. He hadn't really gotten an A+ in manners, which he was a bit disappointed about. He couldn't help it, something had snapped. Whatever had snapped, he had glued the two parts back together. Hopefully, he wouldn't snap again today.

"See you later, Rarity!"
Spike called back. Rarity had given the directions to Rainbow Dash's location. Or a place where Rainbow hung out the most. Apparently, it was out in the shopping district, where all the humans hung out. They bought food and other stuff there. Spike was just itching to see it. Or maybe it was just the fleas, who knew.

Speaking of fleas, he had been one flea short. Not like that was a problem.

After a good half hour of walking, Spike was within the market strip. No, not that kind of strip. Get your mind out of the gutter. There was a multitude of different places to visit. A pizza place, a pet place, some exotic food place with an unpronounceable name, there was almost everything here. Spike wasn't going shopping, however.

Spike was supposed to meet Rainbow behind the Italian place, or something. Wasn't pizza Italian? Apparently it was a specific Italian place. Spike continued down the market strip, and eventually found the place he suspected he was supposed to meet Rainbow behind.

"Italian Place, huh? I wonder if this is it."
Spike looked up at the logo of the restaurant. It was literally called Italian Place. Huh. Spike shrugged off the stereotype decorated restaurant and headed down the alleyway next to it. Making his way to the backside of the establishment. The entire back of the place was covered with tediously placed boxes. All of them lead up to the roof of the place.

Spike looked about silently. Perhaps Rainbow wasn't here yet? That could be the case. Spike jumped onto one of the boxes and looked about. Rarity said that Rainbow liked to make grand entrances. Grand entrances being jumping out of nowhere. Maybe she was just taking her time.

Or not. Spike had taken a glance over to his right, to notice the bright blue cat sitting right next to him on a higher up box. It did take him by surprise to say the least. She had been so quiet. It just gave him a quick jolt and a wide-eyed look.

"Spike, right?"
Rainbow asked, folding her paws underneath her stomach as she laid down on the cardboard box that was perched above him. Spike gave a quick nod to answer her question.

"Nice to meet ya. I'm Rainbow Dash, fastest cat on the planet."
Rainbow proudly raised her head up to the sky. Spike kind of doubted her brag, considering she looked like a regular house cat. She didn't look like one of those bigger cats that were actually proven to be pretty fast, like the ones he had heard about

"So, let's cut to the chase. What makes a cat a cat? Well, we can usually climb up anything there is to climb. I used to use this place to practice my climbing skills when I was a little kit. So, I guess I could let you in to the secrets of climbing. Even though you aren't really a Pegasus material."
Rainbow went on and gestured with her paw.

"Pegasus material?"
Spike questioned. What exactly was a Pegasus? What was Pegasus material? Was it a sort of thing you build houses with? Spike didn't want to be a house.

"It's a category that cats fall under. Pegasus cats can climb onto rooftops and other tall things, Unicorn cats have extra long claws, and Earth cats are physically stronger, taller, and buffer than the Unicorn or Pegasus combined. You'll get used to hearing it."
Rainbow explained, getting up from her laying position as she started to climb the boxes. This seemed pretty easy; it was just a staircase of cardboard boxes!

Before Spike could even get on to his paws, Rainbow was on the roof of the restaurant. She had this evil looking grin on her face, as she held her paw on the final box stair that lead up to the rooftop. With just a simple push, the entire step had been demolished and left on the ground.

"Lets start with something easy. Climb up to the roof, using the boxes. You have to climb up the rest of the way using your claws."
Rainbow advised, looking over the edge of the roof. Down at the confused Spike. Was he supposed to climb up an entire box length? Using only himself? How did Rainbow managed to do this when she was a 'kit'? Whatever kit means. He figured it meant kitten.

Spike clambered up the faulty stairs, up to the now last step. It didn't seem too far up, in all honesty. If he was just double his size, he could just reach up there, and pull himself up. He wasn't that old yet, so he didn't have that luxury. He put his paws on the wall and pushed off the box. Attempting to latch onto the wall, and climb up. Since it was a brick wall, it seemed like he would have an advantage here.

Instead, from pushing off the boxes, he managed to push the entire staircase down. How he had done that, it was a mystery. With nothing to support him, he tumbled down into the pile of boxes.

"I guess I should have actually told you how to climb up walls."

"See you later, Spike!"
Rainbow bid farewell, as Spike limply walked from the back of the restaurant. He swore his back was broken. It ached so much, and he could barely stand it. Hopefully, Applejack wouldn't push him that hard. Climbing up walls was definitely not his talent.

"Oh yeah, by the way, Applejack lives on the farm outside town! You'll know it when you see it!"
Rainbow informed as Spike didn't even bother to look back at the blue cat. He was off for the next lesson. These lessons they were a bit.. Strange, to say the least. It was like they didn't want him to be himself, for some odd reason. Why couldn't he just be a dog?

Before Spike got too deep into psychological questioning, He had already found himself at a large, red barn. It was isolated, not surrounded by any other buildings. There were large fields of apple trees around the place, each separated into different orchards, depending on the color of apple.

Spike did not pay attention to the apples, rather, he paid attention to the barn. At this point, his back had quit it's wretched aching, and he was feeling much better. With a deep breath, he poked his head through the barn doors. Inside of the barn was a rather large table, about his height. Along the walls were large bales of hay, gone unused for a decent while, it seemed.

"Anyone in here?"
Spike questioned the empty barn, as he timidly entered the building. It was eerily quiet in here, and he didn't like it a single bit. His ears folded backwards, as he swore he just saw a pile of hay move slightly. Maybe he should come back later, when it wasn't so isolated. Maybe Applejack was just out somewhere else? Out on the town? Catching a movie, maybe?

This was obviously not the case, as the orange tabby suddenly launched herself from one of the nearby hay piles, tailing a small rodent, who was heading directly towards the purple dog. Spike let his instinct take over, and he ducked as Applejack flew over him. Her speed was astounding, as she had pounced onto the small rodent. Pinning it underneath her paw.

"Oh, howdy Spike! Ya got here just in time!"
Applejack greeted, turning to look at her guest. Her paw was nearly crushing the small mouse as she did so. She had a tight grip on the thing.

"I was just going to teach ya how to hunt. Remember, hunting isn't all about the chase. But in this case, there's going to be lot's a chasing."
Applejack looked down at the mouse she had caught, and Spike had a pretty good idea of what she meant. She was going to release that mouse, and he was probably going to have to chase after it.

"When I let go of this mouse, try to catch it. Don't let it out of your sight."
Applejack advised as Spike readied himself. Getting up nice and close to the mouse, and Applejack's paw. He stuck his butt up in the air, as he pushed down on his front paws. His shoulder blades were sticking up in the air. He wagged his tail, as the mouse was freed from the mighty grip of those claws.

The bolt of brown fur shot off, as Spike nearly tripped over his paws. He barely started off in time and was way behind the smaller, yet faster little vermin. Applejack had jumped up onto the local table, to watch Spike attempt to speed up and catch the nasty little thing.

Unfortunately, Spike was not counting on the mouse to fling itself into a hay pile. Without a second thought, Spike had tossed himself into the golden hay and made the entire hay pile explode. Not explode as in flames and such, rather, hay just went everywhere. Spike had somehow managed to launch the mouse out of the hay, and into the air.

Where it then landed directly onto the belly of the laying down belly-up Spike, looking rather confused. It took a couple of seconds to wave its tongue out at him, as a taunt, before running off into a small crack in the walls. Spike sighed as he attempted to get the mouse out of the purgatory for walls with his paw. He received a bite on the paw, and the squeaky laugh of a victorious mouse.

"We've got a long road ahead of us. Spike, let's start with the basics."

Spike was seriously wondering what all these lessons were about. As he was leaving the barn, he wondered. Why couldn't he just be a dog? Why did they want him to be a cat? Why was he purple? How come these cats were a bunch of unnatural colors? Well, some of them had regular colors, but most of them were orange, grey, brown, black, blue, and white. Like, what sort of colors were those? So unnatural and alien.

Spike had said his goodbyes to Applejack, before walking off to his next destination. It was getting rather late, at this point. The sun was just now starting to set, so he'd better hurry up and get to Pinkie's place. Wherever that was. Applejack didn't really specify on where Pinkie lived. She just simply said "Follow the lights.", whatever that was supposed to mean.

Sure enough, he was going to find out sooner or later.

Sooner, to be precise.

As Spike was walking down the street, he had the feeling of being followed. Followed by what, he had no idea. He had looked at the surrounding area, only to see the complete lack of thing staring at him. Most of the things around him were inanimate objects, like fences, sidewalks, and road. There was also grass, but grass didn't have eyes.

Spike hurried down the street, as quickly as he could. He was feeling rather uneasy. He soon made it back to the residential district of the town, where sure enough, there was party going on. It was rather loud and obnoxious. Humans, so loud and weird with their parties.

He ignored the human's parties and decided to go home.

He was absolutely exhausted, and really couldn't go on with another lesson that probably had him running laps around an entire orchard. His paws throbbed at the very thought of doing that again. He was never going to walk again after he got home. No one was going to move him, even if the world ended.

He just wanted to sleep for a couple hours, wake up, go outside, do some things, maybe go on some adventures, and then come back home. He didn't want to be a cat, he really didn't. He was going to skip Pinkie's lesson, no offense to her. He was just way too tired from this entire fiasco.

It only took a couple minutes of walking to get back home. He jumped up those small stairs leading to the windowsill, and entered the kitchen. He walked down the bag of food and entered the living room. Not even bothering having something to eat or drink.

He just moved himself into the living room, jumped onto the couch, not even bothering to ask Twilight's permission to go on the couch, and fell asleep. While Twilight was rather confused to why Spike had returned so early, he was already asleep as soon as he had closed his eyes.

"Uh.. Sweet dreams, Spike."
Twilight wished the purple dog.

His dreams consisted of an endless amount of Pinkie Pies, wondering why he did not come to her party.

Author's Note:

Have a request for a chapter? Stick it in the comments!